Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 12:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I'm planning to put a K&N after my second service ( it's almost 14K on the odo for me ) hoping that it will improve the low-end throttle response.
Putting a K&N stock replacement filter won't improve your lower end throttle response, IMO, a K&N stock replacement filter will only improve MHP - Mental Horse Power (You will tend to think that there is an improvement)

In a place like Blr, I'm afraid it will let more dust inside.

Last edited by clevermax : 11th June 2010 at 12:50.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 13:01   #17
BHPian

A very well detailed review . Kindly enlighten more on the pro's of the tuning box as i'm on the verge to opting for one but just holding back due to lack of knowledge regarding the improvements it provides
Old 11th June 2010, 13:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Excellent , detailed write-up Mandy. Loved going through it all.

I'm planning to put a K&N after my second service ( it's almost 14K on the odo for me ) hoping that it will improve the low-end throttle response.

Waiting for the pics - and keep updating this thread !
thanx bud. about the k& n, i think clevermax explained it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Putting a K&N stock replacement filter won't improve your lower end throttle response, IMO, a K&N stock replacement filter will only improve MHP - Mental Horse Power (You will tend to think that there is an improvement)

In a place like Blr, I'm afraid it will let more dust inside.
agree with you on the lowend thing but the midrange response is good.
again i guess its related with the gear ratios. u cant rev hard so u dont get the response you expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Affects View Post
A very well detailed review . Kindly enlighten more on the pro's of the tuning box as i'm on the verge to opting for one but just holding back due to lack of knowledge regarding the improvements it provides
took this link from another site.
Pete’s Diesel Tuning Box: Budget power and mileage boost for modern Turbodiesel cars | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
there are a lot of reviews available here on tbhp too with excellent inputs from all the brothers. check them out.
epicenter.rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 16:09   #19
BANNED

Quote:
The VGT seems like a distant dream. Thanks for going through the review.
VGT will be available in the 1st week of July.
Old 11th June 2010, 17:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
How reliable is this news? Did you get it from trustworthy sources?

Pardon my excitement 'coz this is the machine I've been waiting for
Old 11th June 2010, 17:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Where did you get this scoop? Are they going to put the Linea's mill in Punto?
Old 11th June 2010, 18:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Mandeep jee very nicely written, and hey we have zeroed it to the SWIFT VDI ABS
Old 11th June 2010, 21:04   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Mandeep, amazing review! Really awesome! I voted 5 stars as well.

Your review is so well written and so honest that it almost gives us the feeling of having driven the car ourselves. It is like reading one of those great stories where you feel like you have lived through that story yourself.

As I was just commenting on another Linea thread, I don't know what is this thing in Lineas and Puntos, but they seem to bring out the best of writing and photography skills in their owners. I am eagerly looking forward to your car's photos.

By the way, can you please comment on the rear seat space (not just legroom) in Punto? Since you have so much experience with both Punto and Swift, your comments on comparison between these two on rear seat space will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-AD
Old 11th June 2010, 23:49   #24
BHPian

Really great writeup Mandeep, infact one of the best I have read so far. It looks as if it has been written straight from the heart.
Eagerly waiting for the photos of your white punto.
Old 13th June 2010, 13:15   #25
BHPian

great writeup and finally,a peted punto

can you elaborate on the servicing part? did you remove the tuning box?
can the service centre find out?
Old 13th June 2010, 18:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Mandeep jee very nicely written, and hey we have zeroed it to the SWIFT VDI ABS
vadiya choice aa...good car to own. make sure you shift over to better tires as soon as you buy the car. and pete it just for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Mandeep, amazing review! Really awesome! I voted 5 stars as well.

Your review is so well written and so honest that it almost gives us the feeling of having driven the car ourselves. It is like reading one of those great stories where you feel like you have lived through that story yourself.

As I was just commenting on another Linea thread, I don't know what is this thing in Lineas and Puntos, but they seem to bring out the best of writing and photography skills in their owners. I am eagerly looking forward to your car's photos.

By the way, can you please comment on the rear seat space (not just legroom) in Punto? Since you have so much experience with both Punto and Swift, your comments on comparison between these two on rear seat space will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-AD
hmm...rear seat does have space. but its nothing to write home about. if you are under the 6 feet range, it doesnt become very uncomfortable. i remember having three people in the rear and all of them were quite ok with it. the swift does have a little more room at the back i suppose. maybe they shouldve taken the rear seat a bit more to the rear and compromised a bit on the luggage space.
and as far as the thing about writing is concerned, its just that when you are putting into words something that you absolutely love doing, it always turns out well

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
Really great writeup Mandeep, infact one of the best I have read so far. It looks as if it has been written straight from the heart.
Eagerly waiting for the photos of your white punto.
already there. check out the facebook link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
great writeup and finally,a peted punto

can you elaborate on the servicing part? did you remove the tuning box?
can the service centre find out?
servicing is a 4 to 6 hour affair if you are on good terms with the Service center guys. coming to the price part, if you pay 4700 for 15000 kilometers of running as service cost, it comes to 31 paise per kilometer which is not bad at all.
and no i didnt remove the tuning box during servicing. the guys still dont know theres a tuning box in there. they think mine is the smoothest and the fastest punto around
Old 15th June 2010, 14:17   #27
BHPian

update

hey guys
just a small update.
yesterday, the washing guy broke the rear wiper on the punto. afraid to even think of the price, i dialled the service center with trembling fingers and asked if the said part was available and if yes, what was the damage done to my pockets.
the part was available off the shelf. the damage was a measly 348 rupees inclusive of taxes and no fitting charges.
since i love a bit of diy, just picked up the complete wiper arm-blade assembly, brought it home and tinkered around a bit with the spanner.
its simple to fit, with the place from where the arm pivots holds a nut under the cap which can be flipped open with a little effort. use a spanner, remove the nut, remove the arm, put in the new arm, fasten the nut, replace the cap, good to go.
also got a call from a friend who had broken his right orvm. only the inner mirror had broken which is also available off the shelf for about 240 bucks inclusive of taxes. will be picking it up later in the day.
point is parts are easily available and dont cost a bomb!!!
Old 15th June 2010, 15:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
hey guys
just a small update.
yesterday, the washing guy broke the rear wiper on the punto. afraid to even think of the price, i dialled the service center with trembling fingers and asked if the said part was available and if yes, what was the damage done to my pockets.
the part was available off the shelf. the damage was a measly 348 rupees inclusive of taxes and no fitting charges.
since i love a bit of diy, just picked up the complete wiper arm-blade assembly, brought it home and tinkered around a bit with the spanner.
its simple to fit, with the place from where the arm pivots holds a nut under the cap which can be flipped open with a little effort. use a spanner, remove the nut, remove the arm, put in the new arm, fasten the nut, replace the cap, good to go.
also got a call from a friend who had broken his right orvm. only the inner mirror had broken which is also available off the shelf for about 240 bucks inclusive of taxes. will be picking it up later in the day.
point is parts are easily available and dont cost a bomb!!!
That's GREAT news for current as well as prospective Punto owners (like me)

BTW, what are there mobile numbers in your signature?
Old 15th June 2010, 16:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
That's GREAT news for current as well as prospective Punto owners (like me)

BTW, what are there mobile numbers in your signature?
yeah those are mobile numbers...
i had a nice tagline but that was for my motorbikes
couldnt find anything worthwhile for the punto so what better to put than the phone numbers....u get to make friends with a lot of people too

and as far as the punto is concerned, the car is here to stay.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
also got a call from a friend who had broken his right orvm. only the inner mirror had broken which is also available off the shelf for about 240 bucks inclusive of taxes.
Are you sure the glass costs only 240/-?

The mirror for my Palio (pre-stile) costs about 290/- and for Palio Stile costs 800/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks