Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 13:20   #16
BHPian

Congrats for the CS. Awesome color choice, looks so refreshing.
Happy mile crunching with the oil burner.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:52   #17
BHPian

As promised, here are some more pics...

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200276.jpg
I like how they've changed to the smaller badge as on the Vista TDi. The older one was too big.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200283.jpg
I gave her a good shampooing yesterday evening. Left to dry overnight and rubbed off the water markings today morning. Isn't she a beauty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Fantastic choice of colour. The Indigo CS is a really good car, and it's fantastic value for money.

If possible, do share some pictures of the interiors.
As you wish! Here are some interior pics:-
My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200301.jpg
Dash has been changed to beige on 2009 model, before it was black. It's a darker two-tone shade on the eCS.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200322.jpg
I bought this art leather steering cover because the original leather wrapping was a bit too slippery. This one has ridges. I have this one in black in my 800. I'd recommend this in a minute. Awesome, grippy feel. The inside is rubber-coated, so it won't slip or damage the leather. Cost: Rs. 140/- at Car Fantasy.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200304.jpg
Seats are two-tone full fabric on the LX model. Nice and firm, but I'm getting a bit more cushioning on the seat covers I'm planning. Also note the leather covered gear shift.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200306.jpgMy Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200318.jpg
Doors get fabric inserts too. The map pockets can hold a 500ml bottle on its side, or a 1L bottle with slight crushing! The car comes pre-wired for speakers on the doors as well as the dash. Mine are on the dash. The reflector on the door is also LX only (?!) Note position of power window switch on rear door and lack of it on front.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200296.jpg
Front Power window switches in front of gearshift. The lower button is to turn off rear PWs.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200300.jpg
Note to Tatas: This is NOT how you put in cupholders in a car! Plus side, glovebox is lockable with ignition key.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200286.jpg
Instrument panel is comprehensive and clear. Top number is odo, and bottom is Trip A/B. Love the rings around the clocks.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200302.jpg
All vents are adjustable for flow and direction. No issues here except for shiny plastics.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200303.jpg
Central console has silver finishing.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200307.jpg
Roof light has two reading lights in addition to the central light. Rear passengers also get individual reading lamps. Excellent! The mirror is day/night. Radio aerial is visible behind mirror. Good reception.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200315.jpg
The showroom guys installed the 6X9 Pioneers without removing the factory speaker cutouts. I spray painted the black grille and trim to match the car. Everyone liked it so far. Cost: Rs. 150 at Santa Paints. Need to take out the grilles again though cause they scratched it a bit.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200316.jpg
These black rubber mats came free from dealer. I'm going to get something to cover up the Felt underneath before it gets too dirty.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200320.jpg
No idea what this pocket is for. Anyone know what this is?

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200321.jpg
Remote boot and fuel hatch release. I'll miss these on my 800.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200326.jpg
Boot is huge. No more suitcases on seats! And I can plan trips for more than three days! Also found that the rear seat folds twice. Not just the seat back but the squab too.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200327.jpg
Found a lamp in the boot. Has auto shut off similar to cabin light.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-p6200323.jpg
Full-size spare and jack. The toolkit and warning triangle were lying around in the boot when I found them. There are a couple of straps on the right side to keep them in place. Hope I've put them up right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
congrats on the new car. Ideally you should have gotten the scratches repainted, since yours is a new car. they would have probably accepted it, and told you that they would do it at teh first service.
Yeah, I know. But I didn't want to make a fuss about it when the scratches were barely visible. I did point it out to them and they said they'll fix it during service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
seen your M800 at technomall a lot. I'm not in tvm any more, so pity I will not be able to see it. I really wanted to!
That's a pity. Hope you'll visit sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
dont use xtramile. as told earlier, stick to regular + system D
Yeah, that was stupid. I knew it too, but the family members didn't want to wait and the queue was long. I've filled up twice afterwards, so it's probably all gone. I think I'll wait until first service to start using System D. Probably better to have some friction in the beginning so the engine can run in properly.
Old 20th June 2010, 14:45   #18
BHPian

Couple more pics I took today. Yes, I understand that you probably think I'm nuts, but I can't help taking and posting pics!

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-sideprofile.jpg
Side profile. I like.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-mirrorchromeinserts.jpg
Chrome inserts on door mirrors. I love.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-fatjulie.jpg
My fat dog sleeping behind the car. No comments.
Old 20th June 2010, 15:09   #19
BHPian

@shantyrocks: I didn't go for the e-CS because I wanted the diesel version and it was way out of my budget (5L). The eLX, which is the top end diesel model, is priced at 5.65 lacs OTR Trivandrum. It is immensely good value though. It has the improved CR4 common rail diesel, more choices of colors, Clarion 4 speaker BT-enabled music system and power mirrors as OE. Even the eLS version has front PW, but that wasn't in stock when I booked. That one is about 5.4 OTR. e-Series has no offers on it.

The CR4 is an improved DiCOR and I was warned away from DiCOR by Tata ASC mechanics themselves. However, the dealership has delivered 4 eCS diesel cars and the feedback has been very good. I drove it, and the feel of the engine is very good. I'd say that it felt punchier than the Vista QJD as the turbo boost comes in lower (1800rpm). It felt a lot smoother than the TDi. I wish I could have got it, but the TDi is a lot cheaper to buy and maintain.
Old 20th June 2010, 15:18   #20
BHPian

congrats! nice choice of car and colour.
I've now owned the Indigo CS for the last 2 yrs and it's done 52k kms in city and on highway. The boot is deceptively big and the seating is good enough (not extremely comfy tho) for 5 on a long drive.

I can vouch that its one of the most VFM cars if you ignore the absence of ABS and airbags.

Enjoy it
Old 20th June 2010, 15:36   #21
BHPian

congratulations on your VFM sedan. Nice choice of colour.
Old 20th June 2010, 17:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
@shantyrocks: I didn't go for the e-CS because I wanted the diesel version and it was way out of my budget (5L). The eLX, which is the top end diesel model, is priced at 5.65 lacs OTR Trivandrum. It is immensely good value though. It has the improved CR4 common rail diesel, more choices of colors, Clarion 4 speaker BT-enabled music system and power mirrors as OE. Even the eLS version has front PW, but that wasn't in stock when I booked. That one is about 5.4 OTR. e-Series has no offers on it.

The CR4 is an improved DiCOR and I was warned away from DiCOR by Tata ASC mechanics themselves. However, the dealership has delivered 4 eCS diesel cars and the feedback has been very good. I drove it, and the feel of the engine is very good. I'd say that it felt punchier than the Vista QJD as the turbo boost comes in lower (1800rpm). It felt a lot smoother than the TDi. I wish I could have got it, but the TDi is a lot cheaper to buy and maintain.
But the OTR price that you paid for your car is about 5.24L which is some couple of thousands less than the eCS. You could have very well opted for the eCS??

Just on a funny side, your dogs color and the car color make a perfect combination.
Old 20th June 2010, 20:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Attachment 371261
I use it to put my 2 / 3 fold umbrella there. In my Marina there is no lining though!
Old 20th June 2010, 20:38   #24
BHPian

@Gene: Thank you very much!

@gomzi: Always good to see another Indigo owner. I actually have a couple of queries. I had to go through some really bad roads today, and the noise seemed to be excessive, though the ride was fine. Ride got much better as I increased speed a bit. Should I be worried? How solid is the suspension? I'm hearing mostly thuds, not clunks on bad roads.

@trrk: Maybe its a sunglasses holder? It's lined. Could also be a mobile holder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
But the OTR price that you paid for your car is about 5.24L which is some couple of thousands less than the eCS. You could have very well opted for the eCS??
Actually, I paid just 5.12 lacs OTR after free insurance, inclusive of underbody coating. It would have been 5.08 is I hadn't gone for that too. Rs. 5,24,857/- OTR is inclusive of Road Tax, Insurance, RTO charges and extended warranty. From that, I got Rs. 13602/- off for free insurance, and a further 3000/- as a cash discount from Tata's DYD offer.

The e-CS is priced at 5.45L for the eLS and 5.65L for eLX. The difference for me would have been 37K for the eLS and 57K for the eLX versions, since the e-CS doesn't have free insurance or the Drive your dream offer. I might have stretched the budget if the eLS was 5.25L OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980
Just on a funny side, your dogs color and the car color make a perfect combination.
I told her, but she didn't seem to appreciate it!

Took the car to Aruvikkara reservoir today just so dad could finally drive it. He found it easy to drive.

Of course we took pics!

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_aruvikkara_1.jpg
My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_aruvikkara_2.jpg

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_console_illumination.jpg
Console Illumination at night.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_clocks_levels.jpg
Clocks - Backlight setting at highest and lowest levels.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_cabinlightfront2.jpg
My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_cabinlightrear.jpg
Cabin Lights -Front and Rear

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-rear_cabin_lights_arcs.jpg
Reading lights provide light only to each side.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_parking_lamp.jpg
Parking lamp is inside the highbeam (inner chamber). It's a standard 5W bulb. Plan on replacing this with LEDs soon.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_lowbeam1.jpg
Low beam is on the outer chamber, so both chambers stay lit when either beam is on.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-indigo_highbeam2.jpg
High beam doesn't cut off the low beam.

Last edited by vivekgk : 20th June 2010 at 20:44. Reason: Adding a reply
Old 20th June 2010, 20:46   #25
BHPian

Did you see the eCS version side by side the normal CS that you have at the showroom? If yes, can you point out the subtle differences that you might have noticed?

I'm eagarly awaiting to know from you the FE figures foir your car both within the city and on highways.

Happy motoring miles.
Old 20th June 2010, 21:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I use it to put my general-use cleaning cloth so its always at hand when I want to wipe the something off the dashboard

Quote:
@gomzi: Always good to see another Indigo owner. I actually have a couple of queries. I had to go through some really bad roads today, and the noise seemed to be excessive, though the ride was fine. Ride got much better as I increased speed a bit. Should I be worried? How solid is the suspension? I'm hearing mostly thuds, not clunks on bad roads.
Do you mean suspension noise thru bad roads? It's never gone clunk or thud and i'm usually very careful on bad roads. The suspension noise was negligible on my car although I do hear an increase in noise now - probably bushes need changing.

Nice headlamps - the CS dindt have these when I bought it.
Old 20th June 2010, 21:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Did you see the eCS version side by side the normal CS that you have at the showroom? If yes, can you point out the subtle differences that you might have noticed?

I'm eagarly awaiting to know from you the FE figures foir your car both within the city and on highways.

Happy motoring miles.
I did compare the two and did TDs of the LX diesel, eLX diesel and eGLX petrol models. Indigo is available in 2 BS3 variants and 4 BS4 variants. Petrol is only available in BS4. It's the eCS version. I'll have to check the price for petrol version with the dealer.

The difference between CS and eCS is mainly in the engines. eCS comes with BS4 engines only - 1.4L CR4 diesel and 1.2L MPFi petrol. the CR4 diesel is more refined and responsive than the BS3 TDi and is more efficient too.

From outside, CS has black five-slat grille from Indigo and white turn signals, while eCS has a silver satin finish three-slat grille and orange turn signals from the Indigo XL. eCS comes in different shades, not all of which are available in CS. Porcelain white and Starlight blue are eCS only shades.

Inside, the eCS comes with light brown dashboard and light beige doorpads. CS has beige dashboard and greyish beige doorpads. eCS has wood finish on the central console and the door trim in the top model. Looked nice. eCS also comes with aluminium pedal covers. They look really sporty. Seats are different fabric in the eCS. Also, the clocks have white color where CS has grey. The top model eCS also has Clarion music system as OE.

I've asked my sales person and he agreed to inform me as soon as the next lot of eCS arrives, so I can go and take some pics. I will post them in the Indigo e-series thread. But I think you should go to the showroom and see it for yourself. The eCS just feels a lot fresher overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi
I use it to put my general-use cleaning cloth so its always at hand when I want to wipe the something off the dashboard
I was just worried that it might be missing a lid or something. Good to know it's like that only.

Quote:
Do you mean suspension noise thru bad roads? It's never gone clunk or thud and i'm usually very careful on bad roads. The suspension noise was negligible on my car although I do hear an increase in noise now - probably bushes need changing.
I'd better visit the dealership and have them check it out then. If something's loose in there, it might end up costing me new tyres.

Quote:
Nice headlamps - the CS dindt have these when I bought it.
Yeah, I just love them. They've been available on the Indigo and Marina since 2007, but Tata stopped the Indigo when the Manza came out and passed down the lights and grille to the CS. The earlier CS looked similar to the Indica if I'm right. These lights are a straight fit on the old CS. I've seen some Indicas fitted with these lights.

Last edited by vivekgk : 20th June 2010 at 21:32. Reason: replying to more posts
Old 20th June 2010, 22:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Awesome is the word, thanks for such detailed and high quality pictures. I might be wrong, but to my eyes, it seems that the internal as well as external fit and finish has improved by leaps and bounds. Externally, the finish is as good as any Japanese/German car (in terms of shutlines) and Tata have always had a very good paint finish.

Other than the slightly ill fitting panel below the steering (the one which houses the fog lam switch), the central consol et al have very good finish. Liked the door inserts. Agree about the bottle holder and the rear power window switches are awkward.

5.12 for this car is a steal. You did really well. Although, I am personally not such a big fan of beige, the attention to detail you've shown (painting the speakers etc.) makes it all worthwhile. Thnk about whether you should get floor mats of that colour too (I read that you were planning to do something about them).

Thanks again.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:53   #29

Awesome

Thanks buddy. Your eye for details is much appreciated. Excellent pictures which just show how much you love your car. Would be interesting to see the ICE setup you will do.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:51   #30
BHPian

Even to me the fit and finish looks much much improved. I'm just considering the eCS as one of my options. Initially I planned to get a hatchback, but I'm seriously considering this as an option.

Must wait and see till our friend posts his FE figures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks