Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 21:25   #1
BHPian

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!

Hi,

I took delivery of my Classic Ivory Indigo CS LX TDi on the 15th. I've detailed my decision making and booking experience here. This thread will cover initial ownership experience, fitment of accessories etc for the first year or so.

No thread is complete without pics, so here are some pics I took on D-Day.

But first, out of respect for her, a pic of our old '98 M800 which faithfully and safely ferried us all for 12 years and 52K kms. No one has ever got hurt in this car, not even a scratch. Not a single major accident other than minor dents and scratches. We've decided not to let her go. She's currently undergoing a refurbishment at the nearby Maruti ASC while her new home (garage) is being built.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-vivekgk_indigo_delivery_01.jpg

Now for the real deal. Our Indigo is in Classic Ivory color. It's a shade that I have never seen on this model, and is only available on the LX version. Here's the view from the showroom, pic taken while we were waiting for the car to be readied.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-vivekgk_indigo_delivery_02.jpgName:  vivekgk_Indigo_delivery_03.JPG
Views: 10838
Size:  174.8 KB

Not content with merely waiting and watching, I decided to take a closer look and inspect the car for any new scratches. There were none when I had inspected it in the yard. Found a couple on the right side door rub-rails. Didn't make a fuss as it wasn't on metal part. The body-colored side rails with chrome inserts are also exclusive to the LX.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-vivekgk_indigo_delivery_05.jpg

By that time, the delivery guy, Mr. Arun, came and pasted the 'Registered' stickers with number. Also pulled up the bonnet to add a ribbon, and put some lemons on betel leaves under each tyre as is customary.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-vivekgk_indigo_delivery_06.jpg

My cousin joked that the car looked like a little girl all ready for her first day at school. The car did look cute with it on. Removed it the next day once I got the number plates.

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-vivekgk_indigo_delivery_07.jpg

I am the designated starter, so I got behind the wheel. I was a bit afraid that I might stall the car, so I might have given it a bit too much throttle. Result - wheelspin and two squashed and two shredded leaves/lemons. Didn't stall the car though, and the showroom staff thought it was on purpose and applauded!
My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-vivekgk_indigo_delivery_08.jpgMy Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-lemonjuice.jpg

The Team-BHP pre-delivery checklist, and the 'How to buy a new car in India' thread were immensely useful. As mentioned in the checklist, we had all documents and papers ready when asked, and everything went like clockwork. Thanks, Team-BHP! Usually, the sales person is given some cash for his trouble by the customer. We decided to give him a gift instead, it felt more personal. The entire sales experience at Kulathunkal was very good.

The car had 52 kms on the odo when delivered. I was told that the car needed to be taken to the RTO twice. The registration was supposed to be on the day before, but it didn't happen because of power outage at the RTO Office. They went back the next day.

Before setting out, I was handed a voucher for 5 litres of diesel at the nearest pump. We set out and in my excitement, I forgot all about it and passed the pump. Filled up for 300 Rs worth of Xtramile at the pump next to my house. I was wary about Xtramile, but the queue for regular diesel was too long. Went to three temples to get the 'key pooja' done and got back home. The car felt fantastic and crisp. It crawled along in first gear at idle in heavy traffic, and the brakes were miles ahead of the ones on my M800. Final odo reading - 72kms. Neighbours were impressed by the space inside and the beige interiors.

The next day, I decided to fill up at the pump near the dealership on my way to work, and found to my dismay that the voucher was for the day before. Thankfully, the delivery person (Mr. Arun) provided a new voucher as soon as I asked and I was able to fill up 5L that evening. Odo reading at second fill-up - 100km. I'm keeping tabs on every expense on a book I keep in the car.

So far, I've removed the plastic cover on the seats and given the car her first wash. As of today, I've covered 284 km, and put in another 12.8 litres of the sticky stuff in the tank. I also discovered to my delight that the car is shod with tubeless tyres. I was worried that it might be tube-type because the brochure didn't mention tubeless, but it's written right on the sidewall. They're Goodyear GPS2s in 175/65R14. Good tyres, feel great on the highway, at the speeds that I've covered so far (< 90kph). Will post more pics, as soon as I've got the seat covers done. I'm getting them done at Subash in Thakarapparambu Road. They've quoted a price of 3200 for art leather seat covers. Anybody got their seat done with them recently?
Old 19th June 2010, 21:59   #2
BHPian

Hi Vivekgk,

Congratulations on your Indigo CS. Wish you a very happy ownership and millions of exciting miles ahead!!!.
I loved the fact that even after your new acquisition, you still have some soft corner for your M800. Believe that there are 3 cars in India which will stand out (not in terms of technology but definitely in terms of nostalgic/emotional and made in India tag) irrespective of the new launches - HM Amby, M800 and Fiat (old days Fiat I mean !). It is one of the most VFM sedans (if I may call it and IMO). Enjoy your new love.
Old 19th June 2010, 22:08   #3
BHPian

:)

Congrats! Lovely colour! Keep us posted. Happy motoring!
Old 19th June 2010, 22:10   #4
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. I guess not many here own a Indigo CS. Can you please post the OTR price. Nice color choice!
Old 19th June 2010, 22:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

am I seeing the old Indigo twin reflector lights on your CS?

Excellent choice of colour - and I love those chrome inserts in door side strips.
Old 19th June 2010, 22:47   #6
BHPian

Is this the Indigo eCS or the normal CS?
Old 19th June 2010, 23:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
am I seeing the old Indigo twin reflector lights on your CS?

Excellent choice of colour - and I love those chrome inserts in door side strips.
Thanks! The color was my mum's choice. I wanted Black, but now I'm glad she made me choose this color! BTW the chrome inserts are one of the reasons I chose the LX model. I love them on the sides and the mirrors. They really add character to the car.

The new Indigo CS TDi comes with the twin reflector lights since 2009. They're great. What I love is that when you switch the high beam, the low beam doesn't go off! They're seperate beams. So you get light near and far, which is just brilliant. If you switch on the driving lights on the bumper, it's even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Is this the Indigo eCS or the normal CS?
This is the CS TDi model. AFAIK, it's not available in metros, since it's BS-III. The e-CS has the silver grille and amber indicators from the Indigo XL. It also comes with side indicators on mirrors in the top-end models (eLX and eGLX). The petrol version is only available in e-series BS4 (eGLS and eGLX).

My Classic Ivory Indigo CS - Sold at 6 years and 72000 kms!-ecsjpg.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congrats on your new car. I guess not many here own a Indigo CS. Can you please post the OTR price. Nice color choice!
Thanks! The on-road price in Trivandrum was Rs. 5,24,857/- when I booked. I think I'm the first one in the forum with the new look CS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Congrats! Lovely colour! Keep us posted. Happy motoring!
Thanks man. Plan to update soon with more pics.

Last edited by vivekgk : 19th June 2010 at 23:22.
Old 20th June 2010, 06:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the new car. Ideally you should have gotten the scratches repainted, since yours is a new car. they would have probably accepted it, and told you that they would do it at teh first service.

seen your M800 at technomall a lot. I'm not in tvm any more, so pity I will not be able to see it. I really wanted to!

dont use xtramile. as told earlier, stick to regular + system D
Old 20th June 2010, 07:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
We've decided not to let her go. She's currently undergoing a refurbishment at the nearby Maruti ASC while her new home (garage) is being built.
Attaboy!

Congrats on your new purchase. Nice color too.
Drive safe.
Old 20th June 2010, 07:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic choice of colour. The Indigo CS is a really good car, and it's fantastic value for money.

If possible, do share some pictures of the interiors.
Old 20th June 2010, 09:42   #11
BHPian

Superb VFM car there dude. I also love the light cream color - makes it look very classy

Congrats, and enjoy the ride. Please post some more exterior and interior pics!
Old 20th June 2010, 09:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I was really shocked to see that you chose the CS over the Ford. But seeing your requirements and the car in the pics..it think you made the right choice.

Enjoy and Drive safe.
Old 20th June 2010, 09:58   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Thanks! The color was my mum's choice. I wanted Black, but now I'm glad she made me choose this color! BTW the chrome inserts are one of the reasons I chose the LX model. I love them on the sides and the mirrors. They really add character to the car.

The new Indigo CS TDi comes with the twin reflector lights since 2009. They're great. What I love is that when you switch the high beam, the low beam doesn't go off! They're seperate beams. So you get light near and far, which is just brilliant. If you switch on the driving lights on the bumper, it's even better.
I have seen that the Indigo has always drawn inspiration from some premium brands eg.Mercedes.

All said and done,the TDi is a good choice-the best in the Tata stable.I rate it a no nonsense performer which is frugal too.

Enjoy the ride

BTW the chrome insert type door beadings of the CS are in great demand here as they look great on the Swift also.
Old 20th June 2010, 11:01   #14
BHPian

Any reasons as to why you did not opt for the Indigo eCS? I guess that it the latest version of the Indigo CS to be launched and it looks also awesome.

I checked the Tata motors home page and when I clicked Indigo CS, it took me to the Indigo eCS home page. Where do I find information about the Indigo CS rather than the eCS. I really liked the looks of the eCS, but still ould like to compare it with the CS.

By the way, do we have a review thread of the eCS done by any of our moderators?

Last edited by Eddy : 20th June 2010 at 17:09. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 20th June 2010, 11:24   #15
BHPian

congratz on the new car buddy!
The indigo cs is teriffic VFM
Enjoy your ride and do update this thread regularly.
BTW why didnt you go for the e-series?

Most Viewed