Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 12:03   #1
BHPian

Ford Figo - 3500 KM Report

Got the car serviced for the first free service. Following are my observations as of 3500 km of usage,
  • FE is still a disappointment. Getting only 15 km/l on avg.
  • A/C continues to bother me. Service people said nothing wrong with the A/C. But I can sense the difference between Sntro's and Accent's (my other cars).
  • My lower back pain increased
  • I recently observed the seatbelt warning sign in the IP is just for name sake, it doesn't serve any purpose at all
Bottomline is, not so satisfied with this car.

-Thunderbird
Old 21st June 2010, 18:46   #2
BHPian

Is your car diesel? FE you claimed is in town or highway?
Old 21st June 2010, 22:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant..B View Post
Is your car diesel? FE you claimed is in town or highway?
Mine is diesel. The FE is combined.
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 View Post
Got the car serviced for the first free service. Following are my observations as of 3500 km of usage,
  • A/C continues to bother me. Service people said nothing wrong with the A/C. But I can sense the difference between Sntro's and Accent's (my other cars).
  • I recently observed the seatbelt warning sign in the IP is just for name sake, it doesn't serve any purpose at all

-Thunderbird
I have seen people claiming 18kmpl. Did you checked with the service guys? What was the response?

Does your seat have height adjustment? Try to adjust the height + incline. It may help a bit.

About the seatbelt warning, do you see the light glowing up when you switch ON the car? Make sure its not the bulb. Also, it may be due to some thing thats stuck in the slot of seatbelt. Make sure its free of any foreign particles, which may be the culprit.
Old 22nd June 2010, 07:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:

-Thunderbird
Dude, please dont worry much right now. I suggest you wait till the second service. The FE would improve. An average of 15 km/l seem to be alright for a car that has gone only for the 1st service. This medium-low FE could also be because majority of your drive could have been within the city.

As for the FORD A**, could you please let me which service station you have visited? I am sure there some chennai-TBhpns who could help you find the right Service station with the right service advisor.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thunderbird77, check out the compilation of the long term ford Fiesta TDCi owners F.E figures that i have posted on the Figo Test Drive thread. Members who have done between 30K to 75K km on the Fiesta TDCi are reporting around 12-13 in full city with a/c and around 19-20 on highways. Your 15km/l average seems to be good based on that. Please done believe the service guys 20km/l funda. Infact no car here would give you figures like that in city.

If you look at the overdrive long termers section where they keep cars with them over a prolonged period you would see that even the Ritz DDiS (claimed to be the highest mileage giver during test runs) gives just under 15km/l average.

And about the seatbelt warning light, the Figo does not have one. THe light that blinks while starting is supposed to be the pre tensioner check. I really find it hard to believe that Ford has pre-tensioners on models without airbags but this was what mustang has informed.
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:42   #7
BHPian

The seatbelt light glowing up when turning on the ignition is a check done by the onboard diagnostics. If it glows momentarily and then goes off, it means everything is fine with the seat belt..if it stays on, it indicates something is wrong.
Old 23rd June 2010, 02:15   #8

Quote:

-Thunderbird
Me too am getting worried about the lack of lumbar support in the figo. Also, my group of friends are constantly advising me to cancel the booking of figo since this woud save me from a back problem.

Request other figo owners to please advise.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think probably this is the first thread, where owner is not happy with the Figo or did I miss anything.
With regards to lack of lumbar support and complains of lower back pain, can't this be corrected by adding a cushion between the back and the seat?I also had initial trouble with the lower back pain in my Ikon, but adjusting the seat incline,position and driving style has helped. Now there is no lower back pain.

@coolnawab: IMO cancelling the booking of the car just for that one reason is not warranted. If you like the car go for it, the smaller things can be worked around with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks