Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:29   #151
BHPian

Re: My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan View Post
The pics are missing. You might not have embedded the attachments in your post after uploading the pics.
Oops, they were over-sized images and didn't upload in the first attempt. Anyways, here we go...

Name:  1.png
Views: 4776
Size:  765.3 KB

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-2.png

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-3.png

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-4.png

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-5.png

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-6.png

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-7.png

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-8.png
narendra_urs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:52   #152
BHPian

Drool worthy pics Narendra. Headlights are fantastic (something in the line of new passat).
tail lights are amazing. alloys look sporty.
2 more pics please if possible showing proper threading of tyre and suspension which you have upgraded.
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:00   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Drool worthy pics Narendra. Headlights are fantastic (something in the line of new passat).
tail lights are amazing. alloys look sporty.
2 more pics please if possible showing proper threading of tyre and suspension which you have upgraded.
Thanks, Nicky. I'm on business travel and do not have any more pictures on my official laptop. I'll be back in Bangalore on Saturday morning and will upload lots of pictures.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:05   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pics Naren. The headlights look fantastic and so as the tail lamps which has become the most popular replacement for Cruze tail lamps. Btw, the leds are only for the outer lamp ? It should have encircled the inner lamp as well to givea more dynamic effect.

When you reach home, look forward to some detailed pictures of the suspension set-up and tyres. Some of these pictures dont do justice to the alloys or tyres.

Overall, these are some killer upgrades and i am sure now your realizing the full potential of Cruze ( especially after the wider tyre installation and suspension set-up)

Congrats once again....But, it's a sad day for me...Now i am also motivated to spend some dough on the suspension set-up ( will wait for your detailed review on this upgrade after you drive on it for atleast 5000kms)

EDIT : My personal opinion. LTD sticker bang in center of your rear bumper looks an oddity. I would prefer it either on far left or far right

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd January 2013 at 12:07.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:13   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

EDIT : My personal opinion. LTD sticker bang in center of your rear bumper looks an oddity. I would prefer it either on far left or far right
Exactly my thoughts.

I would say de badge the rear and move the LTD sticker to the right corner.

Add embossed number plates.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:25   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Naren, you should update the title with kms done and move this thread to Long Term Ownership Thread.

Would you like me to do it?
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:05   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Great pics Naren. The headlights look fantastic and so as the tail lamps which has become the most popular replacement for Cruze tail lamps. Btw, the leds are only for the outer lamp ? It should have encircled the inner lamp as well to give a more dynamic effect.
Couldn't agree more on this one.

Quote:
When you reach home, look forward to some detailed pictures of the suspension set-up and tyres. Some of these pictures dont do justice to the alloys or tyres.
That's a promise.

Quote:
Overall, these are some killer upgrades and i am sure now your realizing the full potential of Cruze ( especially after the wider tyre installation and suspension set-up)

Congrats once again....But, it's a sad day for me...Now i am also motivated to spend some dough on the suspension set-up ( will wait for your detailed review on this upgrade after you drive on it for atleast 5000kms)
Just go for it. It is the best reward for Cruze. It will keep you giggling every time you take a corner.

Quote:
I completely agree. I realized it as soon as I stuck it. My wife says it looks like a taxi's number plate. I'll order another set and move it to the side.

Quote:
Naren, you should update the title with kms done and move this thread to Long Term Ownership Thread.

Would you like me to do it?
Sure, that would be a great help.

Note from Mod : Please use edit button if your posting within 30 minutes of your last post to avoid back to back posts. Do go through the rules of the forum once again please

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd January 2013 at 15:15. Reason: back to back posts
Old 3rd January 2013, 21:05   #158
anb
BHPian

Are you sure that the suspension is the coilover kit Bilstein B14? How much is the suspension drop? My car runs on Bilstein B6 which costs Rs.54k. B14 costs Rs.78k. How did you manage to get B14 for 56k? Between your Cruze looks stunning with those light upgrades and lip spoiler.

Last edited by anb : 3rd January 2013 at 21:09.
Old 4th January 2013, 07:53   #159
BHPian

re: My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Are you sure that the suspension is the coilover kit Bilstein B14? How much is the suspension drop? My car runs on Bilstein B6 which costs Rs.54k. B14 costs Rs.78k. How did you manage to get B14 for 56k? Between your Cruze looks stunning with those light upgrades and lip spoiler.
Oh my! You are right, its B6 and 56 K is including the installation cost. I didn't want reduced GC and chose B6 over B14.
Old 4th January 2013, 22:03   #160
anb
BHPian

I have driven over 20k km with Bilstein B6 shocks. It is easily the best upgrade that can be done on Cruze. It's totally worth every penny. My car was running on 225/55 tyres for sometime before switching back to stock size. I feel that the heavy 225/55 tyres slow down the car a quite a lot.

Last edited by anb : 4th January 2013 at 22:09.
Old 5th January 2013, 07:51   #161
BHPian

re: My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!

As promised here are more snaps of my highway star, enjoy...

P.S: These are very high resolution pictures converted to gif format to adhere to the size restrictions.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-1.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-2.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-3.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-4.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-5.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-6.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-7.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-8.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-9.gif  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-10.gif  

narendra_urs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 08:40   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on completeing >50000 km.
I have read great things about the engine.

Can you describe the AT box performance (including the details on how good the manual mode is) for our reading pleasure? I just admire this concept of automatic GBs with manual mode - best of both worlds really - shift when you want without hurting your left knee. I wanted to go for one but when I bought the TSi, Skoda did not offer DSG on petrol Laura...and Cruze would be better - same concept and convinience but with traditional reliability of torque convertor. Are the shifts slow/noticeable? DSG is a magic on those two fronts. Also, some RPM/speed data for every gear would be very interesting stuff if you can share.

Enjoy miles and miles...

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 11:16   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
Oh my! You are right, its B6 and 56 K is including the installation cost. I didn't want reduced GC and chose B6 over B14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Are you sure that the suspension is the coilover kit Bilstein B14? How much is the suspension drop? My car runs on Bilstein B6 which costs Rs.54k. B14 costs Rs.78k.
Can you guys throw light on some of my queries?

1. What is the difference between B6 and B14?

2. Difference in GC reduction between the two?

3. Is there a warranty for this suspension?

4. Installation procedure? Time taken to install? Chevy warranty becomes void I assume?

5. what is the difference you feel from the stock suspension? Does the steering feel also change dramatically?

Any linky you can share to read about these aftermarket suspension set-ups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
As promised here are more snaps of my highway star, enjoy...
Ah! Now these pictures are doing justice to the car. With all these upgrades your highway star is looking lovely

How much did those alloy cost? 4 or 5 wheels?
Old 6th January 2013, 10:14   #164
anb
BHPian

Quote:
B6 is a high performance shock absorber while B14 is a height adjustable coil over kit, ie, shock absorber plus coil springs. B6 gives better Ride and handling while B14 gives an even better handling at the expense of ride quality. B14 is not ideal for road use. It is better suited to track usage.
http://www.bilstein.de/en-uk/product...lstein-b6.html

http://www.bilstein.de/en-uk/product...stein-b14.html

Quote:
GC remains same with B6 while B14 reduces the GC atleast by 25mm. Expect frequent scrapping of the underside with B14

Quote:
3 year/ 1 lakh km warranty from pete's.
Quote:
4. Installation procedure? Time taken to install? Chevy warranty becomes void I assume?
30 minutes for B6. Reinstall stock shocks before going to Chevy service center for warranty claim

Quote:
5. what is the difference you feel from the stock suspension? Does the steering feel also change dramatically?
The difference is quite unbelievable. You will feel like you are driving a completely new car. Ride and Handling characteristics B6 Cruze is more close to Laura than to Cruze. Cruze with B14 will definitely handle better than stock Laura. Sadly I don't feel any improvement in steering feel.

Quote:
Just google "Chevrolet Cruze aftermarket suspension upgrade options" and you will find the right link. http://*************/showthread.php?...pgrade-Options

Last edited by anb : 6th January 2013 at 10:23.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 10:13   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Can you guys throw light on some of my queries?

Ah! Now these pictures are doing justice to the car. With all these upgrades your highway star is looking lovely

How much did those alloy cost? 4 or 5 wheels?
Since anb has already provided precise answers these questions, I'll be brief.

The Bilstein B6 suspension is indeed a phenomenal improvement over the stock setup. The most significant improvement that I've experienced is the ability to change lanes on our highways (where most of the time we encounter two trucks driving in two different lanes with a 50 - 100 m gap between them). It lets you do zig-zag driving all day long without any complain. Further it controls the over and under-steering very well and thereby lets you attack any corner at 3-digit speeds (something I never dared to do with the stock suspension). However, I agree that there is no noticable improvement in the steering feel.

I don't think B14 are suitable for Indian roads since it lowers the GC by 30 - 50 mm.

The new alloys costed me INR 52K for a set of 4 after some heavy bargaining.
narendra_urs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks