Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 12:19   #121
BHPian

Hey what about the Config settings. Do they work now with Caska?? There are couple of settings which we could change in the stock setup so just wondering whether they can be done now.
Old 9th December 2010, 08:03   #122
BHPian

Re: My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic!

Checked up with the Karnataka dealer on this yesterday and the answer I got is No :(

Btw, I'm on the verge of completing 10,000 kms in 6 months (just 72 kms more to go). Will shortly update the thread with 10 K review. Further, I'm heading for a 6,000 kms (12 days) trip to Rajasthan by mid of next week. Will upload the travelogue after the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hey what about the Config settings. Do they work now with Caska?? There are couple of settings which we could change in the stock setup so just wondering whether they can be done now.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:31   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
Btw, I'm on the verge of completing 10,000 kms in 6 months (just 72 kms more to go). Will shortly update the thread with 10 K review. Further, I'm heading for a 6,000 kms (12 days) trip to Rajasthan by mid of next week. Will upload the travelogue after the trip.
Wonderful to know you already covered 10000kms in 6 months. Look forward to a detailed report of how this experience has been hopefully before you embark on your vacation.

Incidentally, looks like there could be a small team bhp rajasthan meet as i see quite a few guys are driving down over the same period

I am also there between Dec 25-Jan 2
Old 13th December 2010, 17:48   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wonderful to know you already covered 10000kms in 6 months. Look forward to a detailed report of how this experience has been hopefully before you embark on your vacation.

Incidentally, looks like there could be a small team bhp rajasthan meet as i see quite a few guys are driving down over the same period

I am also there between Dec 25-Jan 2
Thanks, mobike008. Now it is just 15 kms to go. Will post a detailed 10 K review before setting off to Rajasthan.

I'm leaving for Rajasthan on 16-Dec and will return to Bangalore on-Dec. Look forward to meeting some of you.

Cheers,
Naren
Old 20th December 2010, 12:37   #125
BHPian

Hi Naren,

Did you get the projector headlamos for your Cruze?. Personally i was looking for projector headlamps for my Cruze. Do you know the price range for the same?

Have a safe journey..

Cheers
Sharath
Old 25th January 2011, 13:32   #126
BHPian

A mild noise in Cruze AT at about 40kmph

I got my Cruze automatic in the beginning of January.

There is a minor issue I found with my car. There is a mild noise at around 40kmph, specially if I take the car to that speed (or a bit higher) and leave the accelerator. The noise is difficult to explain (it sounds like hmm hmm hmm and slowly stops), it's as if something is slowly stopping. At a higher speed or lower speed it isn't there.

The sound comes also in the manual mode (triptonic) but if I suddenly shift to neutral it stops totally.

I showed it to the workshop guys. Two of their technicians did not have a clue about it. They had the car with them for a few hours then, and checked everything, found nothing unusual. Then one of their experts said such a sound can happen specially in the automatic version.

Did you also find such a sound?
Old 25th January 2011, 14:29   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A mild noise in Cruze AT at about 40kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
There is a minor issue I found with my car. There is a mild noise at around 40kmph, specially if I take the car to that speed (or a bit higher) and leave the accelerator. The noise is difficult to explain (it sounds like hmm hmm hmm and slowly stops), it's as if something is slowly stopping. At a higher speed or lower speed it isn't there.
By your description, it sounds like your referring to "turbo whistle". When you accelarate around the speed you mentioned there is a nice turbo whistle which can be heard only if your windows are rolled down.

I experienced this during my recent trip as I never drove it with my windows rolled down ever since i got the car.

It's music to my ears!
Old 28th January 2011, 15:45   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
By your description, it sounds like your referring to "turbo whistle". When you accelarate around the speed you mentioned there is a nice turbo whistle which can be heard only if your windows are rolled down.

I experienced this during my recent trip as I never drove it with my windows rolled down ever since i got the car.

It's music to my ears!
No no, it is not heard much if I drive with windows rolled down because then the outside noise dominates. The turbo whistle is sweet (hoooosh kind of sound, I love it), it comes when I accelerate from 40-50kmph onwards and it is not periodic like the one I hear (hmm.. hmm.. hmm..). I also mostly drive with windows closed.

The "expert" in the Chevrolet workshop told me mine is a sound of the turbo charger stopping (probably below 40kmph it doesn't kick in). However, the one confusion I have is, why does it stop totally if I suddenly switch to neutral?
Old 30th January 2011, 09:27   #129
BHPian

Not yet, Sharath. I spoke to a couple of guys in Delhi over phone and met another guy @ Jaipur when during my recent trip to Rajasthan. None of them inspired sufficient confidence in me. They haven't installed it in Cruze so far but claimed that they can do it. Further, they quoted an obscene amount of money (40 to 60K). However, my hunt is still on.

Cheers,
Naren

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Hi Naren,

Did you get the projector headlamos for your Cruze?. Personally i was looking for projector headlamps for my Cruze. Do you know the price range for the same?

Have a safe journey..

Cheers
Sharath
Old 30th January 2011, 09:34   #130
BHPian

I hadn't noticed it in my car. Yesterday I spent 15 - 20 minutes on the NICE road and did a thorough test to be doubly sure. Tried exploring in the peed range 30 kmph to 60 kmph but didn't notice anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
I got my Cruze automatic in the beginning of January.

The sound comes also in the manual mode (triptonic) but if I suddenly shift to neutral it stops totally.

I showed it to the workshop guys. Two of their technicians did not have a clue about it. They had the car with them for a few hours then, and checked everything, found nothing unusual. Then one of their experts said such a sound can happen specially in the automatic version.

Did you also find such a sound?
Old 31st January 2011, 09:23   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
Thanks, mobike008. Now it is just 15 kms to go. Will post a detailed 10 K review before setting off to Rajasthan.

I'm leaving for Rajasthan on 16-Dec and will return to Bangalore on-Dec. Look forward to meeting some of you.

Cheers,
Naren
Sorry folks, couldn't post the 10 K kms review due to hectic activities on both personal & professional front. Anyways the 10 K kms review has lost its meaning now since my current Odo reading is 17,435 kms. I'm certain to complete 20 K kms within a month and assure a detailed review in March.
Old 23rd February 2011, 21:50   #132
BHPian

Narendra - Am taking a Cruze delivery in about a week too - and have a question regarding caska: If you want to change those settings / configs that were accessible via the original screen, how would you do it now? wasn't there anything important (like disabling peps) that you missed?
Old 24th February 2011, 10:44   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Narendra - Am taking a Cruze delivery in about a week too - and have a question regarding caska: If you want to change those settings / configs that were accessible via the original screen, how would you do it now? wasn't there anything important (like disabling peps) that you missed?
Congrats, Buddy. Advance wishes for a long partnership with Cruze.

As you must be aware the original system can be operated only though hard buttons (it doesn't come with a touch screen). Even after Caska is installed all those buttons operate like before. PEPS and every other feature that comes with the car continue to function without any issue.

However, I found two glitches while using the Navigation system.

1. You can't play FM
2. You can't see the time
Old 24th February 2011, 14:26   #134
BHPian

Thanks mate - I understand that the buttons continue to work, but my question is a bit more than this answer: If you wanted to change some setting from the original screen like DISABLING peps, how would you do it now that you have removed the original screen?
Old 25th February 2011, 13:18   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Thanks mate - I understand that the buttons continue to work, but my question is a bit more than this answer: If you wanted to change some setting from the original screen like DISABLING peps, how would you do it now that you have removed the original screen?
I just realized that I'd answered this question before. Anyways, we cannot disable PEPS after installing CASKA.

Most Viewed