Team-BHP - My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/84123-my-new-highway-star-chevrolet-cruze-automatic-update-77-000kms-completed.html)

Folks,

I'm delighted to share my initial ownership experience of Cruze LTZ AT. I hope my write up will help people who are contemplating buying this car.

Previous Ownership

Requirements

Was looking for a car in the 15 - 25 lakh category with class-leading performance & features. Was particular about Automatic Transmission to replace NHC CVT. Diesel was desirable but not essential.

Other Cars considered

Booking & delivery

Booked the car with Kropex, Hosur Road, Bangalore on 27-Jan and got the delivery on 22-May. Don't blame the Dealership for delivery delay, it was more of GM's inefficiency in capacity planning. During the waiting period, the car price shot up from Rs. 16.51 lakhs to Rs. 17.14 lakhs.

Things I liked

Things I didn't like

Minor Grouses

Overall Impression

Have done around 1,300 kms so far and am thoroughly pleased with the car. It is a true highway star. You can chose to either cruise smoothly or drive hard, it can cater to both the requirements pretty well. It provides a perfect blend of power, economy and comfort. Everyone in the family is absolutely delighted with what we've got for the price. I would certainly give it 8 on a scale of 10. Just drive it to believe it.

Cheers,
Naren

Congratulations Narendra on your new purchase. I loved the car but, would have preferred this one in a light golden color. I feel for a full size sedan that color suits the best. Drive safe mate.

Congrats.

Quote:

During the waiting period, the car price shot up from Rs. 16.51 lakhs to Rs. 17.14 lakhs.
Wow lost 60K because you waited? That's bad.

Have a safe cruze!

Woah Narendra what a Pick !! Congrats on your latest "Choice to Cruze"!! :)

Haven't really seen this colour yet on a Cruze buddy and guess should be one of the first one's in your neighbourhood if not town !!

I love the cock pit type design. Simply cool. Are the alloys factory fitted? They really add character to the car.

Congrats on your new possession, drive safe!!!

Congratulations on the highway star. :)

One silly question - Why is dead pedal required in AT ?

Rohan

congratulations narendra and welcome to the swiftly growing cruze club :-) The car has oodles of torque to give you that extra smile every time you drive this beast. Dead pedal and lack of one touch closing of windows is indeed a big let down.
Upgrade your tires to get better grip as well as handling. Steering will surely feel better on performance tires.

Congratulations! Looks smashing! Driving at 200+, I can imagine the excitment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 1948671)
One silly question - Why is dead pedal required in AT ?

Thats's not a silly question at all. One can just fold the left leg and rest it on the driver's seat itself :)

After looking at the lines again, I am of the opinion that the lines and curves are very much inspired from Ford Taurus, or is it the other way around?

Congrats Narendra, its a great looking car. Just curious, why the half tints? or is it something else?

Congrats narendra_urs,

3rd and 4th Photos are reallllllly good :)
If i have money i would book it atonce same car same color.
Wonderful Friend.I'll be following you sooner.
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congratulations Naren!! Nice color on the Cruze machine.

Can I have a photo of the engine bay please?

Wow nice choice. But u managed to stop in the middle of a Highway just to take some snaps. Though there is hardly any traffic its dangerous aint it.

Hope u have a great time with the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1948607)
Congratulations Narendra on your new purchase. I loved the car but, would have preferred this one in a light golden color. I feel for a full size sedan that color suits the best. Drive safe mate.

Thanks, Pravez. Two of my previous cars (Matiz and NHC CVT) were Golden biege and the remaining two (Maruti Omni & Fiesta 1.6 SXI) were Silver in color. I definitely wanted a change from both these colors, but preferred something that is easy on maintenance and hence chose the misty lake. Moreover, Chevy Cruze do not come in Silver and Gold shades,