Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 17:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy HappyRoadie. Here's wishing you years of trouble free miles
Do update your maintenance bill details , once you're through the first couple of miles. A lot of folks are interested in how the maintenance of the Grande compares to its predecessor.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:18   #17
BHPian

As requested by members here are the photos of interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img_0180.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img_0181.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img_0184.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img_0185.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img_0186.jpg  

HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2010, 22:26   #18
Team-BHP Support

I happened to td a Sumo Grande just today morning. Was pleasantly surprised by the very decent quality on the inside. The vehicle is very imposing and you sit really tall. The variant I drive was the top end GX.

Drive quality felt a lot like my Wagon R. i.e I felt the bumps and nudges on the road in almost the same intensity.

The amazingly short turning radius a HUGE plus point.
The steering is easy and feels quite good.

Nice pics, buddy.
The vehicle is quite good.
Old 18th July 2010, 02:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Never noticed the reflectors on the inside of the door. I think it is a very thoughtful touch. Thanks for the interior pics as well.
Old 18th July 2010, 08:20   #20
BHPian

Thank You for the comments. bblost I think you must have test drive'd the new Grande MKII. It has got better suspension as compared to the older one. Older one is a bit bumpy on bad roads compared to the new Mark II.
Old 18th July 2010, 08:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

@Happy Roadie - better fitting seat covers will make a huge difference to the interior look & feel.
Old 18th July 2010, 18:46   #22
BHPian

Hi Condor. I completely agree. I got them fitted as my budget was not high. I also feel that the quality of work is poor.I will definitely would get them changed with leather seat covers when pocket permits.
Old 18th July 2010, 18:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. I have read a lot about the vehicle and it seems to have come a long way. Like I told before it would be so nice to leave the Sumo word. But may be its the marketing tactics.

I have the same observation as Condor. In addition, you may consider changing the steering wheel cover too. Dont have to go for leather (unless its your preference), any fabric/art leather cover with decent colour would be fine.

Is that the stock ICE? I could n't make out much from the pic.
Old 18th July 2010, 19:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Never noticed the reflectors on the inside of the door. I think it is a very thoughtful touch. Thanks for the interior pics as well.
I believe that those are not reflectors but actual lights. Check out the next pic (Of the right door), where the door is closed and the light is powered off.

Thoughtful touch indeed. Safaris too have it.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks for pointing that out, great observation. Them being lights make it even safer.
I was wondering whether these are the so called "puddle" lights, which also serve the purpose of the passenger getting out form the car without knowing what he/she is stepping on. If that is the case, somehow I had imagined that the puddle lights had to face downwards (say at the bottom of the door or something like that), nice to stand corrected.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:07   #26
BHPian

@Amartya. These are not puddle lamps but just indicators to indicate just in case the doors are opened and not closed properly. Puddle lamps are located at the bottom of each door. If possible I will post the pictures of the puddle lamps.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
@Amartya. These are not puddle lamps but just indicators to indicate just in case the doors are opened and not closed properly. Puddle lamps are located at the bottom of each door. If possible I will post the pictures of the puddle lamps.
Hey, thanks for clarifying that. I was ignorant about their placement. Once again, I think this is a very thoughtful safety feature (the lights on the inside of the doors). Kudos to Tata Motors.
Old 19th July 2010, 10:38   #28
BHPian

Hello, I will click some better interior photos and will post them. Also what will be the cost of hellas. Yesterday went for a short drive and this time I was sitting in the last row. I experienced vibration in the floor. Rest all is going fine(touch wood).
Old 19th July 2010, 10:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Happyroadie,

Came across the thread today bit late to congratulate.
Yes Grande is a practical choice , I did extensive testing of Safari , grande ( Original not MKII) and Scorpio VLX. The ride , Handling and seating of Grande is miles above of Scorpio VLX. It scored bad on points of interior plastics and NVH.

The vehicle was written off by many people with out test drive just because it had Sumo badge and they were not willing to disassociate it mentally with Sumo.

About Puddle lights they are very useful thing , I remember a distant relative of who mine went to a marriage reception years ago, the driver stopped the vehicle next to an open man-hole the gentleman stepped out straight in to the gutter. The incidence is kind of folk lore now which gets repeated at every family gathering

Last edited by amitk26 : 19th July 2010 at 10:53.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:10   #30
BHPian

Sad to hear about that incident. Hope your relative did not suffered much injuries. Yes you are right that it did not sell well due to the Sumo badge it carried. Also plastic and NVH levels could have been better. But now they have solved these problems in Grande Mark II. One thing I am sad about is that just one month after my purchase Grande Mark II was announced. But anyway I am still happy and have not faced major issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks