Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 11:12   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Wildon, It is possible. Simple situation of the SA getting distracted when filling the details. Or if he had to send some one else to do the entry because he did not remember the reading.

Or, if the SA started entering & then realised it is the wrong book.

While there are solutions to the above situations, it is not necessary that the said 'solutions' were used. So let's leave that part aside.

But if there had been an overwriting - then it would have been different.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:10   #47
BHPian

That is fine. But I dont understand that it has repair order number written. I have faced many problem. That can be checked in technical stuff.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:47   #48
BHPian

Hello all, The brake discs in my Grande will be replaced for the fourth time. I dont know why this is happening. My car has done 8000 kms.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed quite surprising. There is no way this should happen. A couple of quick suggestions, not that they'll solve the problem, but still:

a. Next time you are at the service station, drive the test-drive vehicle. Compare the braking performance between your car and the test drive vehicle. Ideally, the braking should be very similar.

b. Are the brake discs being changed or the brake pads? Almost nothing other than a wobbly wheel bearing comes to my mind that may (in a extremely unlike case),cause uneven wear of the brake disc (hence the brake pads as well).

A quick question, are you running on stock alloys/rims?

Hope this gets sorted out soon, this must be really annoying.
Old 27th September 2010, 06:28   #50
BHPian

Thanks Amartya. My car will be completing its 1 year in october. The break discs are being changed and not brake pads. I asked them that why this is happening but the mechanics themselves have no idea.
Old 27th September 2010, 07:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Today I faced a strange problem. I was at a speed of around 70 Km/hr when I braked suddenly as a car was coming from the opposite direction. As soon as I braked, the car vibrated violently. Then again I braked after this incident but then the car did not vibrated. What could be the reason.

@HappyRoadie, I hope you had informed your service centre of the above problem you had much earlier on. Any feedback given by them on this at the time ?

Quote:
The break discs are being changed and not brake pads. I asked them that why this is happening but the mechanics themselves have no idea.

Please meet the Service Manager instead of the mechanics on this (if you haven't met him already), to find out the real reason.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:37   #52
BHPian

I contacted the service manager and he himself had no idea. He instead asked the mechanics the reason behind this.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I contacted the service manager and he himself had no idea. He instead asked the mechanics the reason behind this.
This can happen if pressure is not applied equally or in correct proportion on all breaks.

Ask the service manager if there is any LSPV ( load sensing pressure valve)
If LSPV setting is not correct then this may happen.

Also ask them to check the wheel alignment. Write to TML customer care websight with your problem and what you need to get checked the service manager will automatically come back to you.
Old 24th October 2010, 09:50   #54
BHPian

Yesterday my car went for its second servicing. Total amount I had to pay was 3100. The amount I had paid for first servicing was 600.
Old 12th April 2011, 08:00   #55
BHPian

Re: Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.

Hello all its been a long time since I updated this thread. I have already discussed the Discs problem I am facing. After many calls to the seniors the workshop manager said that they will change the whole assembly of my car. They changed it. They assured me that the problem is now solved. But again after around 3 months the jerking has re occurred. This again points to damaged Discs. What should I do?? I am tired of this problem. I asked them to change the vehicle but they asked last chance and offered to change the whole assembly. But it was of no use. Whom should I call? I have no idea. In my 1.5yrs of ownership 7-8times my car's Discs have been changed. I am regretting my decision of purchasing this car. Recently front left wheel bearing was also damaged.

My driver had taken the car to the workshop. He was saying that they put both the rear wheels in front and front wheels at the rear. Why is this done? They also added some weights to all the wheels. Why they have added weights I have no idea.

Regards
Old 26th May 2011, 21:10   #56
BHPian

Hello all, Just few hours before I returned home. I had gone to Ranikhet. It was really a wonderful experience. But the wonderful experience soon took an ugly turn. On our way to Ranikhet again burning smell started coming. Today when we were returning the burning smell increased. The indicator also started glowing. Very carefully I reached Lucknow. Also water was leaking inside the cabin near driver side. All this I will bet rectified in 2-3 days. I will also try to upload pictures of the damaged discs.

I would like to know one thing. I live in Uttar Pradesh. If I want to purchase a car from Uttaranchal then will I have to get it registered there only or I can get it registered in Uttar Pradesh also. These two are different states so that is why I am asking. If it is possible then what is the process. Hope to hear soon.

Regards
Old 28th May 2011, 10:23   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to know one thing. I live in Uttar Pradesh. If I want to purchase a car from Uttaranchal then will I have to get it registered there only or I can get it registered in Uttar Pradesh also.
I myself had bought my car from Delhi and got it registered in Uttaranchal. I guess one has to get temporary registration certificate for the purpose, which in my case was arranged by Dealer himself.
Old 28th May 2011, 10:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

@happyroadie:

Only one reason for this problem and that is a faulty brake booster, that is making the the brakes stuck to the discs and hence the damaged discs.
Old 1st July 2011, 09:41   #59
BHPian

These days not much problem in Grande. Only problem I faced that the AC stopped working. Though fan was working but it was not giving cool air. Got it checked and found out that the fuse was blown. Replaced it with a higher capacity fuse. Again in 2 days the AC stopped working. Even the fan stopped working. Local mechanic asked to change the blown fuse with a more higher capacity fuse. If that also damages then the whole wiring has to be checked.
Old 31st July 2011, 13:29   #60
BHPian

Grande is running fine. Today I had gone for a long drive. I had to do off roading also. There was a patch full of grass and water. I had to go through that patch as their was no other route. I gradually started moving the car. Then when I reached middle of the passage the muddy road became soft so I had to increase the speed of the car. Grande started skidding suddenly but I managed to control it. It was a nice moment. Today I experienced off roading. Here are the pictures that I clicked after reaching home.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img0020pedited.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-img0021hmedited.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-rsz_img_0023.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-rsz_img_0024.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-rsz_img_0027.jpg  

Tata Sumo Grande ownership Report.-rsz_img_0028.jpg  

Most Viewed