Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 16:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

And here are some more pics
Attached Thumbnails
My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05082.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05095.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05096.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05099.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05101.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05102.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05105.jpg  

My Beige Boy - Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi. Update: 60,000 kms and 4.5 years-dsc05109.jpg  

sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2010, 17:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Would like to know how the A/C functions and
is the accelerator/ brake placement close for heel-toe shifting?
Old 5th July 2010, 17:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Would like to know how the A/C functions and
is the accelerator/ brake placement close for heel-toe shifting?
Haven't had the chance to test the AC yet.The Bangalore weather is chillicious

yes u can do the heel-toe shifting if you are wearing some large boots.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a doubt which fellow bhpians can throw some light on.The blue backlight on the MID and the center ACC console as well as the ODO becomes a bit dim when i switch on the parking lights .Is it normal or should it be checked??
Old 7th July 2010, 11:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I have a doubt which fellow bhpians can throw some light on.The blue backlight on the MID and the center ACC console as well as the ODO becomes a bit dim when i switch on the parking lights .Is it normal or should it be checked??
This is perfectly normal. All the tell tale lights dim on switching on the parking light and the head lights
Old 7th July 2010, 12:53   #21
BHPian

Those are excellent pics. I am seeing the interiors of i20 for the first time. Can vouch for the fit and finish of hyundai vehicles (the i's).

Have a great time enjoying the beauty..!
Old 7th July 2010, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Hi Sagar,

Congratulations for purchase of i20, your new baby. We both share same thing i.e. both of us had Santro before and bought i20 now, offcourse I sold Santro in 2 years not because I had any issue with the car but liked i20 very much. I feel you should look for tyre upgrade and then you will feel more comfortable on high speed. Yes, there will be slight drop in mileage but I feel it's worth.

Anuj
Old 8th July 2010, 09:05   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Those are excellent pics. I am seeing the interiors of i20 for the first time. Can vouch for the fit and finish of hyundai vehicles (the i's).

Have a great time enjoying the beauty..!
Thanks NFS.Yes the fit and finish is top notch.no doubt about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
Hi Sagar,

Congratulations for purchase of i20, your new baby. We both share same thing i.e. both of us had Santro before and bought i20 now, offcourse I sold Santro in 2 years not because I had any issue with the car but liked i20 very much. I feel you should look for tyre upgrade and then you will feel more comfortable on high speed. Yes, there will be slight drop in mileage but I feel it's worth.

Anuj

Thanks mate.Thanks for your suggestion regarding tyre upgrade.But since the car will be used 70% in city driving,tyre change is not on the cards right now.But as you said it will be boon for the highways
Old 8th July 2010, 20:44   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your new i20 and welcome to our Uber club

The way you have taken the photos highlight how much you love each aspect of your car and its understandable -- it definitely packs good amount of quality goodies.

Nice to see the vanity mirror added for the front passenger - which was very much missed in the earlier version of i20.

Enjoy and drive safely !

- ShanG
------------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta
Old 17th July 2010, 20:14   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

1000 kms Report

I am on a trip covering north karnataka.completed 1500 kms till now.The i20 has been in all kinds of conditions-super NH4 roads,moderate village roads,no roads,torrential rain,flooded roads,38 degree harsh sun.I can vouch for the i20 now.its brilliant.No squeaks,no rattles.Just one word for it-AWESOME.

Touched 140 kmph on NH4.felt very confident and still had half of the accelerator to go.And the brakes are the best i can say.4 Discs with ABS is a boon.Was doing some 120 + on NH4 and suddenly a dog sprinted out of nowhere barely 100 meters from be.I slammed the brakes.The car came rapidly to 60 kmph within seconds.No loss of control,no veering nothing!.Trust me without super brakes that dog would have been history now.The 6th gear is just brilliant on highways.It touched 140 at 2800 RPM in 6th gear.And got a overall fuel efficiency of 21.5 kmpl(mixture of city,NH4,country roads) and i think its brilliant fuel efficiency.The FE was calculated using full tank to full tank method.

Now about the AC.Its good.Its not bone chilling but its pretty gud.Tested it when the we had parked the car in hot sun for nearly 3 hours at 36 degree and it cooled down to 25 degrees in about 15 minutes.I dont know but i feel the AC is powerful in my car than the one i test drove.Has hyundai changed the compresser to a higher capacity one??

Overall i am very satisfied with the car and a for the i20.Its indeed Uber cool.
Old 17th July 2010, 22:34   #26
BHPian

Congrats for the i20, sagar. Great color choice, I must say. You have covered each and every aspect of the car with those snaps.
Great average you are getting there. The 6th gear is working wonders here, I guess.
Old 18th July 2010, 14:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the i20, sagar. Great color choice, I must say. You have covered each and every aspect of the car with those snaps.
Great average you are getting there. The 6th gear is working wonders here, I guess.
Thanks mate.Yes the color is somewhat rare.i haven't seen many i20s in this color.The best thing about this color is that it hides dirt and dust very well.You cant make out the dirt until you are very close to the car.
Yes the great average is definitely due to the 6th gear.But unfortunately you can use 6th gear only after crossing 100 kmph.Below that its not much responsive.So it can be used effectively only on 4 laned expressways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanG View Post
Congrats on your new i20 and welcome to our Uber club

The way you have taken the photos highlight how much you love each aspect of your car and its understandable -- it definitely packs good amount of quality goodies.
Nice to see the vanity mirror added for the front passenger - which was very much missed in the earlier version of i20.

Enjoy and drive safely !

- ShanG
------------------------------
1991 Geo Metro (Sold)
2009 Hyundai i20 Asta
Thanks ShanG.Proud to be a member of the Uber cool club
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:03   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I read somewhere in one of the i20 reviews that there is a "ECU wire cover" that has to be fitted.Is it extra or covered under warranty?
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

congrats sagar. nice looking car. thanks for the footwell snaps which are an important must see to understand spacing. the gear knob looks sweet and the mp3 player rather techno crazy! the switches are of high grade quality and overall the car looks great. +1 to the dead pedal as well !!
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:51   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the new addition to the family. The car is beautiful and yes the color is rare. However, I do feel that a darker color would have done justice to the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks