Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 21:18   #46
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy. I liked your comparision. Just wondering whether you tried the i20 and your opinion of it.
Old 20th July 2010, 22:44   #47
BHPian

Congrats @TSEA for your new Vista. Indeed a great car and a nice choice of color. The seat covers look finest and gels well with the color combination. Only thing missing now is a nice set of alloys
Old 21st July 2010, 11:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
The cost was around Rs 6000 (after discount)
TSEA - What brand seat covers are those - gsport? If so, you have got em at an amazing price!
Old 21st July 2010, 11:51   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Congrats on the new buy. I liked your comparision. Just wondering whether you tried the i20 and your opinion of it.
Did not try the i20 as it was outside my budget. But the kind of features that i20 offers, is mindblowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Congrats @TSEA for your new Vista. Indeed a great car and a nice choice of color. The seat covers look finest and gels well with the color combination. Only thing missing now is a nice set of alloys
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
TSEA - What brand seat covers are those - gsport? If so, you have got em at an amazing price!
Thansk @Respol and WindRide. Somehow the pictures of the seat covers are slighly yellowish (maybe because of the whitebalance). Let me try to take better pictures and post them. The seat covers are locally stitched(near my house; Vijaya Bank Layout, Behind IIM Bangalore) using luster material. Don't think they are from GSports (I think GSport does not manufacture the material, they just get the material stitched. But I may be wrong). No plans for alloys.

I need some help on the following :

1. Still struggling to pair my phone with the music system for handfree usage.

2. I want to put some sort of metallic/plastic strips on the front and rear bumper to protect them from small scratches. What are my options and are they advisable in the first place.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:06   #50
BHPian

I can see luster as an option at the gsport site - http://www.gsport.in/luster.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
1. Still struggling to pair my phone with the music system for handfree usage.
Hope the steps mentioned by sidindica in this post will be helpful to you -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1761139

Last edited by WindRide : 21st July 2010 at 12:12.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, excellent reviews on the various options available. Have kept the PDI sheet for use in the near future .

Last edited by m_upreti : 21st July 2010 at 12:11.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate.
The Indica Vista makes for a very good value for money proposition. The acres of space inside is just amazing, and when i test drove it, i found the clutch and other controls very light and easy.

Wishing you many happy miles!
Old 27th July 2010, 21:09   #53
BHPian

First Free Service Update

First Free Service @1500 kms.

Dealer: Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.
  • Reached late (around 11:00 a.m.) at the Service Station.
  • Waited for 15 mins after which my car was assigned to the Service Advisor: Aamir.
  • Following issues were reported:
    • Squeaking noise from Front Suspension
    • Unable to pair phone with music system
    • Front Driver Sunfilm had to be reinstalled (was promised that it will be taken care duing first service by the sales guy)
  • Was asked to collect the car at 6:00 pm. I told Aamir that I will be waiting at the service station itself. He promised to deliver the car little earlier.
  • Went and had Butterscotch ice-cream at Nandini Outlet next to Concorde.
  • The waiting lounge had a nice view of the service bays (glass partition).
  • Had lunch and then had kesar ice cream at Nandini .
  • The car was delivered around 4:00 p.m. Washing and Cleaning was thorough. Took some more time to get the sunfilm installed and pair the phone.
Result: Completely Satisfied. The squeaking sound was rectified (suspension nut/bush were greased).

Last edited by TSEA : 27th July 2010 at 21:12.
Old 27th July 2010, 21:25   #54
BHPian

What was the issue with bluetooth? Why didn't the pairing work initially?
And about time this thread had 'Vista' in its name.. makes searching easier for others, just a suggestion

Last edited by WindRide : 27th July 2010 at 21:32.
Old 28th July 2010, 07:27   #55
BHPian

@WindRide: There was no issue with the Bluetooth. Just that the manual was not detailed enough, so was not able getting the right steps to be followed.

The suggestion is very good, had earlier requested the mod to change the title to:

My Car Buying Experience and Fial Outcome: Vista Aura ABS QJD BSIV
Old 28th July 2010, 07:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Belated Congratulations. The pictures are clear and gives nice description of the car.
Old 5th December 2010, 13:49   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Yohho!!!TSEA!!! Welcome to the club!

We now share our views 100%! Even I got a Cavern Grey QJD . Heartiest congratulations!! Very good and informative writeup really. Does justice to what the Vista has under the shell. Should open up the minds of prospective hatch buyers.
Wishing you unlimited safe, comfy and happy miles with your Vista!!
Old 24th November 2011, 21:15   #58
BHPian

re: Vista; Long Term Ownership Report (from Page 4)

My Vista is now around 1.5 years/20,900 Kms old and I am loving it! Here is the till date ownership experience.

Vista; Long Term Ownership Report (from Page 4)-dsc00055.jpg

(pics taken from cell phone, will post better pics later)

The USP of this car is Space and Drive quality. Following are some of my observations:

1. The car does not shudder at low speeds; I am able to cruise slowly without using accelerator/clutch at all at the following speed/gear/rpm ratio:

1.1 10kmph/2nd gear/around 1000 rpm
1.2 20kmph/3rd gear/around 1000 rpm
1.3 30kmph/4th gear/around 1000 rpm

In fact I hardly use accelerator in 2nd gear in traffic situations. I only downshift to 1st gear after coming down to a complete halt. The new gear box is a boon in traffic situation. My hand/legs don't feel the pain due to frequent gear changes and brake-accelerator toggling.

2. The suspension is made for Indian roads. It just cruises over bad roads, absorbing the road characteristics. For most of the speed breakers, I downshift to second gear and slide over them effortlessly. However care has to be taken over bigger/unplanned speed breakers (which are a plenty in Bangalore) when the car is fully loaded.

3. The driver seat allows good road view and more than sufficient shoulder space. Back seat comfort is unparallel making it a perfect family vehicle. It is indeed one of the best hatchbacks for long family drives. I would probably say that this car is a wannabe SUV hatchback.

4. Fuel efficiency is an added bonus. I get around 15 kmpl in bangalore traffic constantly. Normal driving on highway gives me around 22 kmpl. In my last visit to Chennai, the car returned 24 kmpl.

5. The AC chills pretty quickly and does not strain the engine.

6. I wish the steering was a little smaller to hold and maybe more aestheticaly designed. However, the power steering system is very precise and agile.

7. Factory fitted music system is more than sufficient for my requirements and I am in love with the bluetooth feature.

8. Vista is a heavy vehicle and the ABS unit inspires lot of confidence.

9. The car is rock solid till date with absolutely zero vibrations filtering inside.

Coming next are the Fourth free service details, dealer experience, issues faced till date, etc.

Request the mods to move this thread to "Long Term Ownership Section".

Last edited by TSEA : 24th November 2011 at 21:17.
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:49   #59
BHPian

Dealer Experience and Fourth Free Service Details:

Dealer Experience:

A lot has been said about TATA after sales service. Here are my take on things:

1. My car has been serviced regularly at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

2. Till date I have no significant complains against the service quality. Have been given appointments promptly and the vehicle is delivered on time after each service.

3. The service advisors have been friendly/knowledgeable and accommodating.

4. One thing that I have noticed is that the service advisors are keener on taking private vehicles rather than ones used for taxi purpose. One reason could be that they get better feedback from private owners. Other could be that their chances of selling extra services (car cleaning, engine waxing etc) are more when it comes to private vehicle owners as compared to taxi drivers.

5. The waiting area at the dealer has a nice view of the service area.

So far the service experience have been very satisfactory. I will suggest team-bhp folks to get friendly with the service advisors and preferably ask for the same advisor every time. Another factor is to keep our expectations clear thereby enabling the service team to achieve them.

Fourth Service Details:

Gave the vehicle at 8:45 a.m. and got it back at 4:00 p.m. (as promised).

Issue reported:
AC cooling has gone down

Bill:
Total of Rs 6,995 with the following breakup (add VAT/TAX to the breakup):

• MOBIL1 0W40 ENGINE OIL: 3.2 LTRS: Rs 3,228
• OIL FILTER: Rs 350
• FUEL FILTER: Rs 1,671
• AIR FILTER: Rs 249
• WHEEL BALANCING and WEIGHT: Rs 549

Observations after Service:
• AC cooling issue was rectified; it is now chilling as usual.
• The gear box and the car overall has become super-smooth. I need some inputs on why after every service; the gear box feels better than before? What process (if any) is carried at the time of service for making this difference? Is it something that I can do at home (with minimal tools).

Coming up next are the issues faced till date.

Last edited by TSEA : 25th November 2011 at 11:50. Reason: added content
Old 25th November 2011, 13:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

Good review and good to see good experience. I could not say the same for me with Prerana service due to couple of issues which has not been rectified in the 2nd service, and i would have to visit them again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks