Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 21:57   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Chief, the FE calculator showing a reasonably higher mileage only for a short distance aint the right way of judging the exact FE.

Tankful-to-Tankful using the auto-cut method is
That's why I said that it's surprising that the in-dash indicator agrees really well with the the tankful-to-tankful (using auto cutoff) method! The numbers tally very well in my case.

You should've got your number by now. Search by T/R OR chassis # OR engine # on that page whose link I provided you.

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th August 2010, 22:12   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
You should've got your number by now. Search by T/R OR chassis # OR engine # on that page whose link I provided you.
Able to identify my permanent registration number using my T/R number.

I am completely devasted as total comes to 6 and four-digit (5712) sounds so boring to read out

Btw, i am not waiting for the RC card to arrive. I am getting the number plate done in a couple of days.
Old 25th August 2010, 03:25   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats KoW, thats one heck of a number. Can we trade?

Btw, how did you come to know of your number? I am trying out this link :

Welcome to aptransport.org

And, i am getting a data not found response

Is this the right link? Or am i doing something wrong here?

Another thing. I think you can write AP 9 BZ 5995 ( i.e, without the 0 prefix). Right?
Thanks avi,

You already got the answer to your number search thing

I can write my number as AP 9 BZ 5995. All I had to pay was a 1000rs DD along with the number choice form. I wanted 5787 (my M800 has 5787) but then, Because of one idiotic guy, I missed the series.

Even I'm not waiting for my RC card, Getting the number plate done tomorrow.
Old 25th August 2010, 08:35   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Thanks avi,

You already got the answer to your number search thing

I can write my number as AP 9 BZ 5995. All I had to pay was a 1000rs DD along with the number choice form. I wanted 5787 (my M800 has 5787) but then, Because of one idiotic guy, I missed the series.

Even I'm not waiting for my RC card, Getting the number plate done tomorrow.
Shucks ! I was not aware that 1000 bucks would do the trick. Koi Gal nahi !

Only solace is now both my car number total 6
Old 26th August 2010, 00:43   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shucks ! I was not aware that 1000 bucks would do the trick. Koi Gal nahi !

Only solace is now both my car number total 6
Actually the website lists both 5k and 1k as the "number reservation" amount for non-special numbers. I couldn't make out the difference. Could someone care to enlighten, please?

For 1k, I wouldn't have minded trying to get the same number as my old M800's.

It may still not have been possible as I would've had to wait a really long time because they allow only up to 1000 more than the last allotted number at the time, and the difference between my BQ's number and the old 800's number is nearly 2700.

Regards,
spadix
Old 26th August 2010, 14:27   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Actually the website lists both 5k and 1k as the "number reservation" amount for non-special numbers. I couldn't make out the difference. Could someone care to enlighten, please?
Regards,
spadix
It is 1000 if you choose any number within the first 100 numbers from the starting number of the day.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:13   #247
BHPian

@spadix : Everyday there are a list of numbers listed at the RTA, If you choose a number from tha list, You need to drop in a 100rs dd for the same, But if you want to book a number which is ahead of the numbers given in the list, You need to pay the 5k or 3k or something between that range. It is better to keep tracking the number status online and go to the RTA and drop a DD on the day your choice of numbers will be listed in the RTA. You can find "n" number of agents running here and there, Pay them some amount and they'll do the job for you. All you have to do is, sign on the digital pad. Simple.
Old 27th August 2010, 00:58   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
It is 1000 if you choose any number within the first 100 numbers from the starting number of the day.
Quote:
@spadix : Everyday there are a list of numbers listed at the RTA, If you choose a number from tha list, You need to drop in a 100rs dd for the same, But if you want to book a number which is ahead of the numbers given in the list, You need to pay the 5k or 3k or something between that range.
That was helpful, thanks srimath! I would've had to wait a really long while in that case. I applied 3 weeks back almost (my T/R expires in a couple of days) and the last number allotted by the RTO is still 1800 shy of the number I wanted!

Quote:
can find "n" number of agents running here and there, Pay them some amount and they'll do the job for you. All you have to do is, sign on the digital pad. Simple.
Gave up on agents a long time back. I do all my RTO work myself. I've recently become a member of the AASI. Let's see how that goes.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th August 2010, 01:04   #249
BHPian

Quote:
That was helpful, thanks srimath! I would've had to wait a really long while in that case. I applied 3 weeks back almost (my T/R expires in a couple of days) and the last number allotted by the RTO is still 1800 shy of the number I wanted!

Gave up on agents a long time back. I do all my RTO work myself. I've recently become a member of the AASI. Let's see how that goes.

Regards,
spadix
We are almost off topic guys, Lets leave this thread for mobike's cruze experience

One last question to you spadix, Whats AASI?
And why shy about 1800? Just because most of the toll free numbers and other helpline numbers start with 1800?
Old 27th August 2010, 01:24   #250
ajai_dev

AASI = Automobile Association of Southern India "They are a voluntary based service to help the common car owner"

Old 27th August 2010, 14:01   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

1-Month Cruzin'g Report

30 days, 1250kms, Today the White Annihilator went for its 1st service ( assurance check-up) :-

I am yet to wake up from the dream. I keep knocking myself, Did i really buy this luxury diesel saloon/rocket.

Last 30 days were nothing short of pure bliss. Graduating from a 3-pot clackety clank diesel to a super silent creamy powerhouse of a diesel is an amazing experience.

Like most of us love the main aspect of buying a new car. That lovely smell when you sit inside the car which stays for a long long time. That itself is worth the money you spent on buying a "New Car".

God willing, hope not to buy a "pre-worshipped" anytime in my life.

Driving Dynamics

Intial few days was a major struggle to understand the driving dynamics of the car including the mammoth size. As people who know me, i like to drive fast and sometimes love to swerve in and out a bit ( not the wrong way). And, i just couldnt do that with Cruze considering its length. It took me almost 2 weeks to get a hang of understanding the length and doing fast overtaking maneuvores which requires me to take two quick glances. 1st at IRVM and 2nd at LRVM.

Honestly speaking, till date. Didnt cross 2500rpm and 150kmph. And, at that RPM range the power is so phenomenal that you dont feel like going further as there is ample power on tap and you can beat most C segment cars being in this "lethargic mode"

If want to upshift into a racing mode, then I'am sure this beast can unveil its fangs for all to see what they are up against.

Peak power of 150 horses comes at 4000RPM and torque of almost 33kgm peaks at 2600RPM. Which talks a lot of the power of this diesel rocket.

I never abuse my cars. No, 1st gear 4000rpm, 2nd gear 4500 rpm for me.

My style of driving (especially for a diesel) is 1st gear 1000-1200 rpm, 2nd gear 1800-2000rpm and start having fun from 3rd gear where the power is usually the BEST without putting a load on the engine. If you dont agree, just slot in 2nd gear and hit 4000rpm, the engine will scream at you for MERCY.

I never like to make my babies cry out like that.

3rd gear in Cruze is phenomenal. At 2000RPM, the car just surges forward so fast, it almost feels like a "runaway horse". you need real concentration to hold a grip on this runaway horse.

Enough about the power. I dont want to keep ranting about it. Drive it to feel the insane power this car punches out.

Steering feedback is superb and has feeling etched even in straight line drive.

Handling has improved by leaps and bounds by CPC2's not that JK Vectra were bad, they were OK but had the tendency to screech on tight corners. Yesterday put the CPC2's to test again, i was sprinting at ease in heavy rains.

Service Advice

No rattles, no squeaks and all components work in tandem. I just didnt have anything to tell the service advisor

Just told him. Gadi accha dhona

Mileage

I am currently running on my 3rd tankful. Fuel Average is roughly 11kmpl in hardcore bumper to bumper city driving with 100% AC which is not bad.

In short, I put in a lump of money for this car and i am not regretting one bit. I personally feel it looks much better than a Civic and has a better road presence than it for sure.

Cruze is the most rocking and refreshing new car to buy in this segment.

I am elated to be a proud owner of this beast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2010, 14:23   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In short, I put in a lump of money for this car and i am not regretting one bit. I personally feel it looks much better than a Civic and has a better road presence than it for sure.

Cruze is the most rocking and refreshing new car to buy in this segment.

Very happy for you.
This is exactly what every car owner MUST feel.
Old 27th August 2010, 14:23   #253
BHPian

great 1st service report and boy you are covering distances. My cruze has done 3200 kms yet in 7 months :-P
And yes i agree, the 3rd gear is the one which will leave just about any car behind. Even i shift around 1800 rpm in 1st and 2nd gear and 3rd gear shift comes at minimum 3K rpm, and you know why :-D
Old 27th August 2010, 14:43   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Sir.

End of the day, this is what is needed
Old 27th August 2010, 15:20   #255
BHPian

hey avinash congo or ur white cruze!! What can I say. Yours is the most elaborate thread on TBHP for cruze. white looks awesome. specially the anantgiri hill pix are too good.

I need to change the tires as I m getting a humming noise filtering into the cabin. The service guys told me its the noise from the sport tires.

How much did the conti's cost?

I need that silent cabin in my cruze too.

BTW in my recent trip to Goa I did 211KMPH will 5 people on board and full boot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks