Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 00:38   #361
Senior - BHPian

Avi...Finally you got the right color for the seats.

I agree with you...the 7KM approach road from Bangalore Highway to Airport is more fun than the ORR (even at the current state). The surface is too good on the former. The difference is like one is nice smooth curvy european road while the other is open straight american highway. Choose the one you want. The best fun thing to do on a weekend will be to take the car to the airport road and drive a good number of times from one end of the road to the other end. The total dist between Bangalore highway and Srisailam road which this road connects would be about 10 KMS.

I drove on PVNR highway last week and my first shock is the bumpy surface and how close the left most lane is to the wall.
Old 4th October 2010, 13:00   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, since i know this guy and he is one of the major contractors for all car showrooms in hyderabad, the amount that i paid for this is Rs.3800

Considering it was a complete doorstep service, its more than VFM...dont you think?
Avi, I can think of only one compliment for this job.

I wish I'd gone for the S instead of the V.

Will you please treat me to a ride in WA some day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I drove on PVNR highway last week and my first shock is the bumpy surface and how close the left most lane is to the wall.
+1 - That's what I've been saying all along.

Thankfully CVs, autos and 2-wheelers aren't allowed. However, there's no one to man the entry points and every once in a while I see a long-distance bus labouring up the ramp. One needs to be very careful while overtaking these rogue buses or the AeroExpress buses (which by the way are authorized to use PVNR for obvious reasons). The clearances leave no room for error should the bus driver suddenly swerve into your path.

Airport approach road pwns ORR pwns PVNR, for me.

Regards,
spadix
Old 4th October 2010, 13:14   #363
BHPian

hey avi you should get the same stuff done on door panels as well. Only then it will give a complete look. Fitting looks decent for the price you paid but you must get stanely in the same tone down the line!
The color rocks!
Old 5th October 2010, 08:56   #364
BHPian

Hi,

Can you please post some pictures of the rear seat leg space. I am very interested in seeing that. Also would like to know your opinion on rear seat comfort.

Rgds
Old 5th October 2010, 09:29   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djavalkar View Post
Hi,

Can you please post some pictures of the rear seat leg space. I am very interested in seeing that. Also would like to know your opinion on rear seat comfort.

Rgds
DJ, The rear seat space is quite good and can comfortably seat 3 people even with the seat pushed back.

Cheers
Old 5th October 2010, 14:28   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
hey avi you should get the same stuff done on door panels as well. Only then it will give a complete look. Fitting looks decent for the price you paid but you must get stanely in the same tone down the line!The color rocks!
Thanks Ashish. For door panel, i have some other plans. It will be unveiled when i am ready to get that done

Quote:
Hi,

Rgds
The space at back is quite ample and if you look at the interior pictures posted a few posts back that is driver seat with completely pushed back with lean angle also tilted to backside as i need my space as i am 6ft. 1inch

Having said that, a 5ft 9 inch guy can easily sit behind the driver seat after the above seat position. And, ride quality is extremely good.

But, if you plan to being chaffeured driven and plan to spend long hours in rear seat. Altis is supposed to have the best back seat comfort.

The only place you will be happy in a Cruze is behind the wheel. Trust me on that

Last saturday Hyderabad tbhpians enjoyed a drive meet to Bidar which is approximately 300kms to and fro from Hyderabad where we explored the famous Bidar fort and also visited the 3rd most popular Gurudwara in our country.

Some pictures from that trip alongside with other Hydeez BHP'ans cars!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4888.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4858.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4889.jpg  

Old 5th October 2010, 18:38   #367
ajai_dev

Quote:
Hi,
Also would like to know your opinion on rear seat comfort.

Rgds

Rear seat has a cosy feel to it, i like the front seats a lot more. The back seats are ok and dont really have ample head room "Something that new cars dont seem to have anymore :(" or ample leg room.

The rear seat angle is a angled a bit upright thus when i test drove the car people on the rear seat did complain about the lack of comfort.

There are only two thing "Space wise" that i did not like while sitting in the drivers seat the handbrake location and being elbowed while changing gears.

But its a very worthy car and thats why i am thinking of getting either the Cruze LT or the Linea Emo Pk. Both are excellent cars and each has its own traits about it am waiting for the Linea 1.6L MJD and the Cruze hatchback to show up which can make excellent alternatives "Linea 1.6L MJD has more power and the Cruze Hatchback has better rear headroom and surely cost less than the Cruze LT"

Old 5th October 2010, 21:28   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some more pictures from the Bidar drive with TBHP folks on last saturday.

Thanks to Ravveendra who took some of these pictures with his higher optical zoom camera while i was driving to the end part of the Bidar Fort area which overlooks the hills amidst the beautiful greenry and ruins of the fort.

I really liked the last two pictures where Laura ( my dream before I bought the WA) is standing like a handsome soldier next to my reality (Cruze) which looks like a prize fighter on a double dose of steriods

Ravvs, i hope you enjoyed the drive alongside the WA as much as i did with your Pete'd Skoda Laura.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1050920.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1050921.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1050924.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1050928.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1050929.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4895.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-p1050933.jpg  

Old 8th October 2010, 13:58   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : RC Card Received today

After applying for my permanent registration number on Aug 21st. It took more than 1.5 months for my RC card to arrive.

I received it through speed post an hour back. It made my day and i tipped the post man Rs.100

Now i am set for the next 4-5 years
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2010, 14:58   #370
BHPian

Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
After applying for my permanent registration number on Aug 21st. It took more than 1.5 months for my RC card to arrive.
I received it through speed post an hour back. It made my day and i tipped the post man Rs.100
Now i am set for the next 4-5 years
Congrats on the RC Mobike008.

I have enjoyed reading your thread - You have done a very good job of sharing and documenting your experience.

I have been in the search for a new car for almost the last 2 months and have almost come over the desire to buy a Civic (pre-dominantly GC issues - with Hyderabad in picture) I am now contemplating cruze.
I T/D the Cruze, Boy o boy, this car is aggressive it felt it just wanted to launch -

1. Since you have owned the car, i just want to make sure this was not tuning trick to make the T/D car perform that way.

2. How have been the Car to live with, specifically GM service, cost of spares - the overall maintenance log book.

3. I am embarrassed to admit, but I did stall the car, the clutch felt very different, i guess i am not doing a good job of explaining here, but it felt springing back towards me, how has the experience for you in driving in city conditions.

4. Any feedback on the Auto version of the car. I personally feel the value in this car is to either save 3 Lacs get the base version like you did or go all the way to the A/T.

My wife felt a little difficult driving the manual version and was contemplating A/T, but again i really like the (Launch) pick up of the car, not sure if I would be losing it by going the auto way.

5. Does the stock Sound system connect to an Ipod.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best
motoringlover
Old 8th October 2010, 15:27   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Congrats on the RC Mobike008.

I have enjoyed reading your thread - You have done a very good job of sharing and documenting your experience.

I have been in the search for a new car for almost the last 2 months and have almost come over the desire to buy a Civic (pre-dominantly GC issues - with Hyderabad in picture) I am now contemplating cruze.
I T/D the Cruze, Boy o boy, this car is aggressive it felt it just wanted to launch -

1. Since you have owned the car, i just want to make sure this was not tuning trick to make the T/D car perform that way.

2. How have been the Car to live with, specifically GM service, cost of spares - the overall maintenance log book.

3. I am embarrassed to admit, but I did stall the car, the clutch felt very different, i guess i am not doing a good job of explaining here, but it felt springing back towards me, how has the experience for you in driving in city conditions.

4. Any feedback on the Auto version of the car. I personally feel the value in this car is to either save 3 Lacs get the base version like you did or go all the way to the A/T.

My wife felt a little difficult driving the manual version and was contemplating A/T, but again i really like the (Launch) pick up of the car, not sure if I would be losing it by going the auto way.

5. Does the stock Sound system connect to an Ipod.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Best
motoringlover
Thanks ML for your appreciation. Let me address your queries in same sequence.

1. If you were impressed with the TD car ( which usually isnt in the best of conditions) then wait before you lay your hands on a brand new car. You will be blown away

2. Just over 2 months and covered 2600kms so i cannot tell you much except for the fact that it was a great experience overall. Sales, A.S.S and car's performance takes the icing on the cake.

3. No need to be embarrased. I am driving from over 15 years and before this a diesel as well and in first two days even i stalled the new car a few times. It took be 2-3 days to get a hang of the clutch and since then no stalling. I agree the clutch is slightly different but, in no way hard. Its very smooth and once you get used to it. Its not a botheration at all.

4. The only issue with this car is a bit of a turbo lag below 1300 RPM which is an irritant when your climbing a steep road ( something like whisper valley road) but, once it crosses that RPM it absolutely goes " Ballalistic". I personally didnt have the budget to even go for LTZ forget about AT which is even more expensive. IMO, if you love driving, i would never buy an AT version but, you will enjoy it in traffic conditions. 0-100 timings would be slightly worse in AT but,nothing that will make any difference in the real world.

5. Stock music sytem is a pleasant surprise. LT comes with 4-speakers and LTZ with 6-speakers and both sound reasonably well and probably the best stock music system in that segment. And, yes i do connect my IPOD and enjoy my music. Alas, wish they had also included bluetooth and USB.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th October 2010 at 15:32.
Old 8th October 2010, 15:59   #372
BHPian

Thanks for your help, I might need to trouble you more, if i have more specific queries, Btw Can we expect over 10 in FE in city traffic ?
Old 8th October 2010, 16:28   #373
Senior - BHPian

The color combo of seat have really comeout well. Except the fit. Heck of the price you paid for it.

Any idea of painting the alloys in white with red lip?
Old 8th October 2010, 20:37   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I've mentioned these points before, but I'll repeat the answers to these specific questions based on my TD of the Cruze.

I didn't stall the clutch. Maybe because I've read about it and was extra cautious (mostly not to lose face in front of the salesperson and driver ) but the pedal has some hard "kick-back". While not stalling is a matter of practice, bearing the kick-back is a matter of hitting the gym.

Also, the steering and controls were pretty hard. While I could easily manage, I'm sure my wife wouldn't have been able to for more than a few minutes.

The stock audio system is way up there in terms of quality.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th October 2010, 22:05   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your help, I might need to trouble you more, if i have more specific queries, Btw Can we expect over 10 in FE in city traffic ?
Initial few tankfuls gave me 10.30kmpl and last tankful touched 11.75kmpl. This is completely in city with 100% AC on. Do note this included a couple of runs to the airport which is a smooth road with almost negligible traffic.

Immediately after that tanked up and have completed 390kms and needle is at halfway mark and i am confident this tankful will give me 14kmpl with roughly 50% on the highway.

If you need any help in negotiating let me know will be glad to help you out. Also, if you have decided buy from KUN, i had a superb experience and buy from the same sales person who went out of the way during my buying process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Any idea of painting the alloys in white with red lip?
That's the next mod on my mind. But, i am not going to paint it white but, maybe black with some other color to match it.

However, this will not happen atleast for a year. Until then its time to enjoy the stock alloys.

Most Viewed