Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 21:34   #511
MDe
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Talking about the features on LT, people have been asking me if there is so much money involved, does it have ACC, leather interiors, power folding ORVMs, Sun roof and all of that. It hurts to answer "No" to all of these considering close to 14L investment for LT in Hyderabad. Kishore did speak to me today telling me that the cost is going up after budget but did not mention any new features being introduced.

Leaving that aside, I would say that you had a cracking deal on the seat covers for the price you paid. Also, Chevy appears to be meeting the expectation of manageable maintenance costs so far as the service costs have been in control. Only at 15K there might be a big leap considering the oil change. Also, the FE appears to have stabilized for you at 11.25 but the sales guys are still claiming that 13kmpl in city is being achieved by lot of owners. I doubt it though.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:17   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

@MDe,

Well, just to compare with a same segment car. Civic S ( base version) also does not come with features that you mentioned and is still priced higher than an LT of Cruze. So its a matter of personal choice of buying a car.

I choose the Cruze purely for its brutal performance and every other feature of Cruze was a distant second priority. Hence, my decision making was out rightly simple

No offense, I hope your not buying this car to please others. If your, then you better start looking at other models a segment lower which comes fully loaded.

I am one of those rare individuals where decision making happens in a jiffy without too much of comparison and complicating my own thoughts. For me, be it buying the Cruze or any other product. I do minimal research and if i like it. Then, I just go buy it without blinking twice and also parse others feedback to suit my own decision-making. Trust me, it didnt back-fire till date. Thank god for that

My final advice, go out and do what you think is best and don't get into a bottomless pit of comparisons of different models, features, pricing, et. all.

Goodluck!
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:16   #513
MDe
BHPian

Absolutely agree and that is why I did make a decision. What I want is what I get here - good performance with the required safety equipment. Everything else is just add on. Loan is in the processing as of now. Will get the beauty home very soon. Cheers mate!
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:09   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Absolutely agree and that is why I did make a decision. What I want is what I get here - good performance with the required safety equipment. Everything else is just add on. Loan is in the processing as of now. Will get the beauty home very soon. Cheers mate!
Congrats on your beast. I assume its a black one. Look forward to your detailed ownership thread here after you get your delivery.

Cheers and Have Fun!!!
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:11   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@MDe,

Well, just to compare with a same segment car. Civic S ( base version) also does not come with features that you mentioned and is still priced higher than an LT of Cruze. So its a matter of personal choice of buying a car.

I choose the Cruze purely for its brutal performance and every other feature of Cruze was a distant second priority. Hence, my decision making was out rightly simple

No offense, I hope your not buying this car to please others. If your, then you better start looking at other models a segment lower which comes fully loaded.

I am one of those rare individuals where decision making happens in a jiffy without too much of comparison and complicating my own thoughts. For me, be it buying the Cruze or any other product. I do minimal research and if i like it. Then, I just go buy it without blinking twice and also parse others feedback to suit my own decision-making. Trust me, it didnt back-fire till date. Thank god for that

My final advice, go out and do what you think is best and don't get into a bottomless pit of comparisons of different models, features, pricing, et. all.

Goodluck!
Sorry for interrupting but the fact is that the base version of civic does have electrically folding side mirrors with indicators,front fog lamps,ACC,cruise control but all that fails when you push the Cruze....its literally insane
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:32   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Sorry for interrupting but the fact is that the base version of civic does have electrically folding side mirrors with indicators,front fog lamps,ACC,cruise control but all that fails when you push the Cruze....its literally insane
Oh is that so, didnt know that since i havent been tracking its features more than a year now. Maybe they added these features during the many small items they have been adding over the last year or two.

Now Cruze is coming with almost the same features for a mere 20K extra. Whereas, Civic S is priced 1 Lakh more than a Cruze LT here in Hyderabad.

Again, choice of a car and variant is a personal choice. But, no prizes for guessing which is more VFM.
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:27   #517
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few pics of the 2011 Cruze taken at the Washington DC Auto Show early this month.

I have scores of pics, and it was difficult for me to spot those that pertained to the Cruze.

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dccarshow-042.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dccarshow-043.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dccarshow-032.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dccarshow-031.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dccarshow-044.jpg
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:25   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, finally you were able to share it here. Thanks for these pictures Venu.

Cannot make out from the spec sheet, but looks like a petrol Cruze. Is there a better picture of the spec sheet?

Also, there is no change to the interiors, looks pretty much the same. Only change that i can spot is the chrome garish inside door handles for Indian Cruze.

Loved the dark blue color and its alloys. Ravishing. However, compared to silver Cruze alloys, Indian version stock alloys are much better looking.
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:31   #519
Senior - BHPian

The dark blue one (called Imperial Blue) is the LTZ model whereas the silver one is the LS model. Both are petrol vehicles, powered by a 1.4 Litre Ecotec VVT DOHC 4 Cylinder Turbo engine.

I'm afraid the other pic of the LS specs is not readable.

As regards chrome finish, I found even the Sonata there does not have the chrome lining that the Indian version has on the exterior.
Old 28th February 2011, 15:54   #520
MDe
BHPian

@Avinash : When is the new Cruze with all those features on LT expected? I read somewhere that it might come out after budget and cost 20K more, is that the fact. I might get delivery this week, so waiting eagerly for mine. But a 20K for all those features wouldnt hurt. The difficult part is, cant wait any more :P And I am sure features will keep getting updated, so one day or the other have to pick it up
Old 28th February 2011, 17:01   #521
Senior - BHPian

Guys any news on the USB port for the LTZ ? Its a complete deal breaker for me not to have one. I have driven a Civic for 4 years now and the only thing i hate is the lack of USB in my 07 Civic. All the new cars nowadays have one, the US version of the Cruze has one, why on earth did they give it a miss in India? I mean how much of a saving is it for Chevy !!
Old 28th February 2011, 17:30   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
@Avinash : When is the new Cruze with all those features on LT expected? I read somewhere that it might come out after budget and cost 20K more, is that the fact. I might get delivery this week, so waiting eagerly for mine. But a 20K for all those features wouldnt hurt. The difficult part is, cant wait any more :P And I am sure features will keep getting updated, so one day or the other have to pick it up
As per my conversation with Kishore about a week back, he had no clue when it will be implemented as he too had heard about this upgrades but, there was no concrete information from when proposed changes will be impemented.

It could be immediately after the budget or maybe a little more down the line. At the moment, noone can predict till Chevy confirms the timeframe themselves.

Your right about features being continously added to make the car attractive as it ages in the market. Obviously, thats how manafacturers keep it fresh and make it continously attractive to customer. Old customers like us cannot do anything about it but, just fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Guys any news on the USB port for the LTZ ? Its a complete deal breaker for me not to have one. I have driven a Civic for 4 years now and the only thing i hate is the lack of USB in my 07 Civic. All the new cars nowadays have one, the US version of the Cruze has one, why on earth did they give it a miss in India? I mean how much of a saving is it for Chevy !!
USB is one amongst a long list of inexpensive features that Chevy decided to leave out of both their models. If you keep this particular feature out of the equation, LTZ still comes pretty much heavily loaded compared to other cars in its segment.
Old 1st March 2011, 23:24   #523
BHPian

My 2011 Olympic white Cruze LT with all the said new features is in Transit. The truck is expected on Friday, PDI on Saturday / Monday, Registration on Tuesday and Delivery expected on Wednesday.
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:39   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The fact that you know about other models / variants / features etc says you did do the research, at least partially.

Your thought-process is similar to my experiences. I start with research and somewhere mid-way, a pin drops in my head and the decision is made sub-consciously.

It has happened with my car, bike, DSLR and even a home. There are many people like that.
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:11   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
My 2011 Olympic white Cruze LT with all the said new features is in Transit. The truck is expected on Friday, PDI on Saturday / Monday, Registration on Tuesday and Delivery expected on Wednesday.
Congratulations. I am most eager to see the changes to the LT. Please do post some of your interior pictures here or better on your own ownership thread as soon as you get delivery of this car.

I will coin Sameer Sultan's favorite sentence

With great power comes great responsibilty---Drive Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Your thought-process is similar to my experiences. I start with research and somewhere mid-way, a pin drops in my head and the decision is made sub-consciously.
If there is no partial research then its similar to entering a blind alley. Ofcourse, i do a partial research but, even before I do that my mind is already made up. That research is purely to re-affirm/strengthen my decision making

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
It has happened with my car, bike, DSLR and even a home. There are many people like that.
Maybe. But, i havent come across a lot of people who take such decision that fast. Maybe I hang around with the conservative lot

Most Viewed