Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:49   #526
MDe
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
My 2011 Olympic white Cruze LT with all the said new features is in Transit. The truck is expected on Friday, PDI on Saturday / Monday, Registration on Tuesday and Delivery expected on Wednesday.
@Car&me : Great stuff. The dealers in Hyderabad are not talking about the new features at all. I am supposed to take delivery this week but they are still talking about the previous Cruze. How much is the change in price for the upgraded version that you are getting? If the new Cruze is already rolled out, I am going to push my dealer for it. If it is going to take a couple of months to come, then I might go with what I am going to get this week.
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:59   #527
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
My 2011 Olympic white Cruze LT with all the said new features is in Transit. The truck is expected on Friday, PDI on Saturday / Monday, Registration on Tuesday and Delivery expected on Wednesday.
Congratulations and please write an ownership review as soon as possible,it will be great to know what are exactly the new features on the LT version.
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:21   #528
MDe
BHPian

Looking at the update from Car&Me, I sent an email to Chevrolet sales and they were really quick to respond. Today I got a call from GM of Kun Sales in Hyderabad informing me that the car with new features will be available this weeked. Made my day. Here are the updates that he mentioned:
1) Steering mounted audio controls
2) ACC
3) Black interiors
4) Illuminated vanity mirror
5) USB connectivity (this makes life so good)

Approximate difference will be around 17-18K and I think it is worth the money. Kudos to Chevrolet customer service, I am impressed with the quick response. I hope such service continues after sales.
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:06   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

That was a quick thing you did MDe and congrats for getting the updated version for such a meagre increase in price.

Now I am totally jealous and cant wait to explore with Kishore if they can spruce up with "some" of these features for same price to an existing model.
Old 3rd March 2011, 20:16   #530
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
1) Steering mounted audio controls
2) ACC
3) Black interiors
4) Illuminated vanity mirror
5) USB connectivity (this makes life so good)
6) rear ac vents.

check this linkChevrolet Cruze Comparison, Compare Chevrolet Cruze with Other Brands

New Interior Color Theme: Jet Black and Medium Titanium Dashboard and Doortrims, Monotone Jet Black Seats with Titanium Stich Highlights

Last edited by anb : 3rd March 2011 at 20:18. Reason: for adding more information
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:15   #531
MDe
BHPian

@anb: Awesome stuff. I dint look at the comparison chart. This adds to the excitement. A couple of more things that I noticed:
1) Sunglass holder
2) 6 speakers (earlier it was 4)

The excitement grows further.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:05   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

@MDe, Sunglass holder is available from the begining.

Need some inputs on following :-

1. My Cruze went for its 10K service that included a wheel alignment and balance. Post the service I see the steering wheel is not dead straight as it used to be prior to this service.

It is maybe an 1/2 or 1 inch to the left and i am pretty uncomfortable due to this change.Is this due to improper wheel alignment and balance? How do i rectify the same?

2. I am yearning to change the stock horn. Its so weak that i am frustrated as no one acknowledges it. Plan to change it to Skoda Horn ( Roots) but was wary of messing with wires. Is it safe to change the horn? Also, did other Cruze owners notice the horn at center of steering wheel is such a huge pain?

3. Consdering the change to new LT, I am also contemplating chaging the entire interior dashboard and side to black. any idea of its cost?

4. Finally, out of all the new features, what is easily implementable on existing Cruze without hampering current functionality?
Old 4th March 2011, 12:56   #533
BHPian

Avi Bhai, take the vehicle back to the wheel alignment guys and tell them to align the steering exactly in the center..they should be able to do it for you.

Changing the horns is a pretty simple job and would not foul with your existing wiring. The wire ends for the horns generally have a clip which is put in place quite easily on he new horns.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th March 2011 at 17:19. Reason: Deleted the unformatted quote tags :)
Old 4th March 2011, 16:53   #534
BHPian

Actually I tried to switch horns too - apparently the stock horns have a socket type connector rather than the wiring. So this *might* mess with your warranty - talk to your friendly service advisor.
Old 4th March 2011, 17:49   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Actually I tried to switch horns too - apparently the stock horns have a socket type connector rather than the wiring. So this *might* mess with your warranty - talk to your friendly service advisor.
Oh is it? Did you change it already and have you seen its socket type and not wiring?

Btw, I have a coupon still left over and getting the WA washed on Sunday morning. She needs it badly, she has a few specks of dust here and there
Old 4th March 2011, 18:07   #536
BHPian

I asked for a switch to skoda horn, Carnation guys took a look and said they will have to tamper with wiring and asked me to discuss with Chevy - thats where it stands now.
Old 4th March 2011, 20:42   #537
BHPian

Avinash if you remeber even i was complaining about steering alignment problem once i got the balancing and alignment done during 2nd service. It was worse when the problem was first detected and when i took it back to the service center the problem still persisted after realigning the steering. I finally took the matter with senior authority and then the work was done by a senior technician.
Since then i'm satisfied with the work but still the feel is not the same as it was when the steering's alignment was in factory setting. The steering kind of feels deviating towards right (very slightly).
Most probably its a teething problem (thats what the senior technician told me)

Even i crib the placement of the horn in the center of the steering.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:05   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Avinash if you remeber even i was complaining about steering alignment problem once i got the balancing and alignment done during 2nd service.
I do remember Ashish. I thought of getting it checked yesterday but, was pre-occupied with personal stuff. Will get it checked next weekend.

Yesterday, got the WA cleaned ( Not that it was dirty, as i beileve in keeping my cars sparkling clean at all times) at Carnation outlet using my Rs.99 coupon.

They did a decent job and I was in and out from there in 55 minutes flat

Some mobile cam pictures after it got "freshened up"
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img00136201103061141.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img00138201103061218.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img00139201103061221.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img00140201103061223.jpg  

Old 8th March 2011, 14:27   #539
MDe
BHPian

Looks awesome. Snapdeal gets us some good deals at times. Did they clean the interiors as well?

BTW, today is the day when I got "Cruzified" :-) Got the delivery of my car, got the pooja done and have rushed to the office. Will get some pics of the changes for you soon.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:40   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Looks awesome. Snapdeal gets us some good deals at times. Did they clean the interiors as well?

BTW, today is the day when I got "Cruzified" :-) Got the delivery of my car, got the pooja done and have rushed to the office. Will get some pics of the changes for you soon.
Yeah. They do. Both times I was lucky to get in and out pretty fast compared to other members who spent their entire day at their outlet.

Ofcourse, they used a large industrial type of vaccum for interior cleaning and really went to work for the interiors and sucked out dust from almost every nook and corner of the car with me helping him out by pointing out spaces that was not easily reachable

I thought you were supposed to take delivery yesterday? Also, I do know you changed your mind from Black to White

Look forward to your ownership thread on the forum soon with loads of pictures

Most Viewed