Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 13:46   #616

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
8kmpl in city indeed seems quite low. I would expect it to be roughly 2kmpl lesser than the manual version. Mine gives consistently 11.50kmpl in city conditions with every km driven in spirited fashion

1st, 2nd services are just general check-ups and not a real service per se. So please dont expect dramatic changes to FE after the 1st service. Such expectations can happen only after the first oil change happens which is at 15,000kms.

My recommendations :

1. Change the petrol bunk where you getting your fill and keep an eye on the meter when they fuel up

2. Maintain correct tyre pressure. I use nitrogen and check pressure once a month. I use 32psi in all 4 tyres.

3. Try driving it in open stretches instead of the regular bumper to bumper to see if there is any improvement

Finally, Oh yeah, take that heavy foot of the accelarator once in a while
I have been using the same petrol bunk for 15 years and on my Skoda I get a good 10 or so in the city. I have been maintaining tyre pressure too. This time I shall check 32psi. There is no open space in Bombay to drive in. Usually on the new Sea Link which is rather open, I end up accelerating till 150km/hr. Also does sun control film affect FE? I do not have any kind of tinted glasses or sun control film installed.
But many have still told me that FE increases after the first service. There was no service done at 1000 km or 1 month as mentioned by many. My dealer did not tell me about this. Anyway, shall tell the service guy about this problem and lets see what he does. Shall keep you updated. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2011, 22:46   #617
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Can someone please confirm me the mileage of the Cruze? I am intrested in one, but I need it for y company use so I am concerned about its Mileage
Old 16th May 2011, 22:10   #618
BHPian

Dint want to start a new thread so just wanted some advice from you guyz. I visited value at lakdikapul today , there was a diamond white cruze A/T up for sale , 5 months old , nice condition just a light scratch on side and with 12000km on odo. the dealer is quoting 14l negotiable , the current cruze a/t ltz is for 17l. what should be the right price for the car ?

Last edited by moose56 : 16th May 2011 at 22:37. Reason: adding the current on road price
Old 17th May 2011, 15:32   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Can someone please confirm me the mileage of the Cruze? I am intrested in one, but I need it for y company use so I am concerned about its Mileage
In city conditions, My manual Cruze returns consistently 11.50kmpl with one tankful returning 12.50kmpl. On highways, with a light foot, you can expect 14kmpl-15kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
Dint want to start a new thread so just wanted some advice from you guyz. I visited value at lakdikapul today , there was a diamond white cruze A/T up for sale , 5 months old , nice condition just a light scratch on side and with 12000km on odo. the dealer is quoting 14l negotiable , the current cruze a/t ltz is for 17l. what should be the right price for the car ?
Is this place situated before to petrol bunk on the turning while coming from masab tank? I see a White Cruze inside that pre-owned dealer from several weeks. Not sure why its not selling? Check before proceeding

14L for a 5 month old Cruze A/T sounds suspicious as OTR for Cruze A/T in Hyderabad is 16.50L and diamond white commands a 10K premium.

Who would reduce 2.5L within 5 months?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 15:49   #620
BHPian

Quote:
In city conditions, My manual Cruze returns consistently 11.50kmpl with one tankful returning 12.50kmpl. On highways, with a light foot, you can expect 14kmpl-15kmpl.

Is this place situated before to petrol bunk on the turning while coming from masab tank? I see a White Cruze inside that pre-owned dealer from several weeks. Not sure why its not selling? Check before proceeding

14L for a 5 month old Cruze A/T sounds suspicious as OTR for Cruze A/T in Hyderabad is 16.50L and diamond white commands a 10K premium.

MObike is absolutely right as a 2.5Lac dip for a 5 month old car seems to much and also figure out is it actually 5 months olds because IMO many people dont drive 2500kms a month ,it seems a bit too much for me for a 5 month old car
Old 17th May 2011, 16:09   #621
BHPian

Quote:

Yup its the same place. the car looked quite good.he is ready to give a test drive and said that the car is a company owned car and told me to take the car reg no. and contact the showroom to get the detail about the car (delivery Dec 2010) infact he said that if m serious then he will provide me with all the invoice and all . i called KUN madhapur few dayz back they said that it was 17l on road for the car.

Btw i have seen 3 used cruze A/T 2010 models between 13-14. infact if i negotiate with him , i am sure he will come around 13.5 cause i casually asked him if he can reduce the price and he said that it will come around 13.75. only issue i have now is
1. i wanted to have the car for 12.5
2. my father doesnt want me to spend around 13l on a used car. he is suggesting me to go for the new verna as we have owned the old verna before (sold it 2 months back ) which was very reliable and cheaper to maintain.
3. wait till diwali for the new Skoda Rapid or the New jetta (expecting to see a 1.6 diesel auto in this one ) and be without a car for next few months

All this confusion is eating up my brain
Old 17th May 2011, 19:04   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

I passed that dealership a few minutes ago and saw through the glass pane the diamond cruze registration no is AP 9BZ 6186.

Mine is same series but, 5712. If that's a Dec-2010 model then how come there is only a few hundred difference in the number series? Btw, mine is Aug-2010. Iam sure there is minimum of 100 cars registered a day in Khairtabad RTA

Something is fishy! Stay away from that car
Old 17th May 2011, 20:14   #623
BHPian

Hi,
Just wondering, why first servicing of 1000 kms is needed? One of my friend owns a Skoda Laura and his first servicing is at 15000 kms, while my Cruze is a week old, and another 400kms to go before my "said" first servicing?
I know there are cases of some metallic elements tampering with engine oil n stuff, but shouldnt that be taken care of in these cars, probably as is the case with Laura?
Or, am I missing something?
Old 18th May 2011, 16:04   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Actually I wouldn't be surprised. Initial depreciation is *huge* with any car and slows down over time. It's not uncommon to see a 2.5 lac drop in one month for a petrol car in this segment, so 2.5 lacs in 5 months for a heavily-used (14k kms in just 5 months) diesel is fair. In fact, Carwale rates this car at 13 lacs best case (that's a 4 lac drop), and I know that Carwale evaluations are on the higher side! Keep in mind that the costlier the vehicle, the faster it depreciates.

That said, your concerns about how a Dec 2010 registered car is only a few hundred numbers away from your Aug 2010 number are very valid and it's an excellent gotcha you've pointed out.

@moose56: I don't know if you can compare the Cruze with a Verna or other cars from a segment below. Space, comfort, ride and handling will be in a different league altogether for the Cruze, even if the other cars have caught up on features. Regarding spending 13+ lacs on a used car, well, registration number concerns aside, it's still pretty young and is a diesel after all. Diesels hold their value far better than petrols, especially after the recent INR 5 hike per litre of petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Hi,
Just wondering, why first servicing of 1000 kms is needed?
Avi can confirm, but the 1000 km "service" isn't really one. It's just a check and adjust procedure. No oil change. They probably run the car through their diagnostics and just confirm that everything is OK and is more of a precautionary measure. And it's free.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 18th May 2011 at 16:07.
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 16:53   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I passed that dealership a few minutes ago and saw through the glass pane the diamond cruze registration no is AP 9BZ 6186.

Mine is same series but, 5712. If that's a Dec-2010 model then how come there is only a few hundred difference in the number series? Btw, mine is Aug-2010. Iam sure there is minimum of 100 cars registered a day in Khairtabad RTA

Something is fishy! Stay away from that car
The car is a Jun 2010 manufactured and 4 Oct 2010 registered vehicle in the name of VENKATESHWAR RAO BELLAPU ( Personal and not company) and finance is from BHARTIYA SAMRUDDHI FINANCE LTD. There is a good chance its a finance seized vehicle.

I would think this is a August or a September purchased vehicle not later than that. Take your decision judiciously
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 17:34   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Avi can confirm, but the 1000 km "service" isn't really one. It's just a check and adjust procedure. No oil change. They probably run the car through their diagnostics and just confirm that everything is OK and is more of a precautionary measure. And it's free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Hi,
Just wondering, why first servicing of 1000 kms is needed? One of my friend owns a Skoda Laura and his first servicing is at 15000 kms, while my Cruze is a week old, and another 400kms to go before my "said" first servicing?
As rightly pointed out by Spadix above, the following things happen during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd service and i am sure this would be same even for the Laura.

1st service (1000kms): Check and adjust procedure. Hook up the car on the diagonistic machine and check for everything related to function as it should be.

2nd Service (10,000kms) : Same as 1st service, Wheel Balance, Alignment etc.

3rd Service (15,000kms) : First oil change for Cruze happens here. Along with it they replace fuel filter, air filter, brake pads check and check other sundry items. Just wish that pads last beyond this mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The car is a Jun 2010 manufactured and 4 Oct 2010 registered vehicle in the name of VENKATESHWAR RAO BELLAPU ( Personal and not company)
How did you get this dope? I never imagined you can get this much details from the RTO website?
Old 18th May 2011, 17:45   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How did you get this dope? I never imagined you can get this much details from the RTO website?
Oh yes you can! Try it out yourself!

Regards,
spadix
Old 18th May 2011, 21:38   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose56 View Post
Btw i have seen 3 used cruze A/T 2010 models between 13-14. infact if i negotiate with him , i am sure he will come around 13.5 cause i casually asked him if he can reduce the price and he said that it will come around 13.75. only issue i have now is
1. i wanted to have the car for 12.5
2. my father doesnt want me to spend around 13l on a used car. he is suggesting me to go for the new verna as we have owned the old verna before (sold it 2 months back ) which was very reliable and cheaper to maintain.
3. wait till diwali for the new Skoda Rapid or the New jetta (expecting to see a 1.6 diesel auto in this one ) and be without a car for next few months

All this confusion is eating up my brain
Mate, consider a new Optra Magnum LT for 10-11L.
Looks old for sure. Also seems to be towards the end of it's life cycle.

On the other hand, it is more spacious. Not much worse to drive. Better ride. Enough headroom at the back. More legroom at the back. A bit more space in the front. Better FE. Don't think changing the ICE would be difficult.

You save some money. Please dad with a new car. Haven't driven the new Verna, but expect the Magnum to be a much better drive.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:19   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

This request for inputs is for existing Cruze owners and anyone else who have the accurate info for same.

My car will be up for it's 15,000kms service in about a month. This post is to mentally prepare myself for it's cost and also start a piggy-bank fund to pay for it

I wanted to understand what will exactly be done during this service and would like to know the exact/closest approximate of break-up of costs

1. Oil Change : Would like to know which brand of synthetic oil would be best for Cruze. Quantity? Related costs?

2. Fuel Filter : Cost?

3. Air Filter : Cost?. Would be advisable to change the filter to a stock replacement K&N or Green Cotton? Warranty issues?

4. Brake Pads: This is what I am dreading most. Keeping fingers crossed that it does not require a replacement at this mileage.

5. Anything else other than what i outlined above?

Would love some inputs here.....
Old 19th May 2011, 12:55   #630
BHPian

Quote:
This request for inputs is for existing Cruze owners and anyone else who have the accurate info for same.

My car will be up for it's 15,000kms service in about a month. This post is to mentally prepare myself for it's cost and also start a piggy-bank fund to pay for it

I wanted to understand what will exactly be done during this service and would like to know the exact/closest approximate of break-up of costs

1. Oil Change : Would like to know which brand of synthetic oil would be best for Cruze. Quantity? Related costs?

2. Fuel Filter : Cost?

3. Air Filter : Cost?. Would be advisable to change the filter to a stock replacement K&N or Green Cotton? Warranty issues?

4. Brake Pads: This is what I am dreading most. Keeping fingers crossed that it does not require a replacement at this mileage.

5. Anything else other than what i outlined above?

Would love some inputs here.....

At 15K service for the Cruze the engine oil change Filter Kit replacement and regular paid service (wash) will be carried out.

Cost:

Engine Oil Quartz 9000 Rs. 551 + tax a litre. 6 litres required(Rs.3306/-)

Filter Kit Rs. 527/-

Paid Service Rs. 950/-

For my Cruze the 15000KM service bill came to Rs. 5306/-

Apart from this, in case there are any issues they will ask you first and carry out the repair. But I doubt there will be any as I did not face such issues given that I had completed 15K within six months of delivery.

As for brake pads, talking from personal experience I had to replace at 20K service that too due to excessive highway high speed braking.

If your Cruze has not done much highway driving then I feel the brake pads should last till at least 25K for your car.

Fuel Filter was replaced at 30000km service cost Rs. 1800/-.

Last edited by sameer sultan : 19th May 2011 at 13:18.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks