Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2011, 18:58   #736
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear that it was just minor scratches. Just 2 weeks back a very similar incident happened with me. Only difference is the biker banged on my Vista's C pillar creating a small dent. That proves that Tata vehicles jus not built well. But since they are VFM, can't complain much.
Everytime I read a new post here, it pulls me closer to THE Cruze by one step.

Hope this was the last incident and wishing you many happy miles.

Cheers!!
Old 17th August 2011, 10:06   #737
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Hi,can u please answer my queries regarding back seat of cruze....will it be comfortable for two adults in rear seat after a child seat has been put?does it have isofix attachments for child seat? can the seat be installed in middle with passengers on either side?
Old 17th August 2011, 12:44   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Good to hear that it was just scratches. Did you ever use any scratch removing liquids that get sold at petrol bunks by some salesmen. I had bought one long back and it has helped me big time in getting rid of some unwanted scratches that had happened
Nope. Never bought any of that stuff as I never beileved in them. Can you highlight the name of the product and price? Will look out for them and give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi,can u please answer my queries regarding back seat of cruze....will it be comfortable for two adults in rear seat after a child seat has been put?does it have isofix attachments for child seat? can the seat be installed in middle with passengers on either side?
I am not sure if they have isofix attachments for child seat.

But, I can assure you that a child seat in middle, two average sized gents can easily be seated in the rear seat.

Problem will be only for tall men ( 6ft and above) as more than leg room, the roof will be a hindrance due to the sloping design of the exterior.

That's the primary reason my driving seat is at "lowest" position
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 18:18   #739
evo
BHPian

Mobike, would you please shed some light on the Chevy Maintainance Plans, either here or here- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ting-them.html

Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 21:00   #740
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nope. Never bought any of that stuff as I never beileved in them. Can you highlight the name of the product and price? Will look out for them and give it a try.
I have used 2 : Sunshine and Eurogold. The spray polish that they have also worked well for me on the Santro and on Cruze. Santro still shines like new with the spray that I used on it and Cruze also gets a super shine which gets retained even after daily wet cloth cleaning.
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 22:26   #741
Senior - BHPian

I heard from my colleague this evening that Kun Hyundai tried to palm off a Feb 2011 manufacutured model to him. Thanks to Wildon's thread on VINs, we came to know of their devious plan.

When he questioned them, they showed him a list of all cars sold in the recent past, and it appears all of them were Feb models ! I don't know if this is a general practice by Chevy dealers, or were all those guys gullible?

I am told Orange has promised to give him a July or August model. He plans to take delivery in early September. I told him that if needed, all cheques in favour of Kun could be cancelled and redone in favour of Orange.

Can other Cruze owners comment?
Old 18th August 2011, 13:46   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I heard from my colleague this evening that Kun Hyundai tried to palm off a Feb 2011 manufacutured model to him. Thanks to Wildon's thread on VINs, we came to know of their devious plan.

When he questioned them, they showed him a list of all cars sold in the recent past, and it appears all of them were Feb models ! I don't know if this is a general practice by Chevy dealers, or were all those guys gullible?

I am told Orange has promised to give him a July or August model. He plans to take delivery in early September. I told him that if needed, all cheques in favour of Kun could be cancelled and redone in favour of Orange.

Can other Cruze owners comment?
We visited Orange to see if they have newer models, but were surprised to see that even their cars were all from the Feb 2011 series---we inspected 4 of them in their showroom.

Things are getting fishy now. Either the VIN codes in Wildon's thread are wrong, or Chevy dealers in Hyderabad are taking their customers for a royal ride.

Any pointers, guys? MA6JFDHDBBH016949 is the vin of one of the cars we inspected.

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th August 2011 at 13:48.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:54   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We visited Orange to see if they have newer models, but were surprised to see that even their cars were all from the Feb 2011 series---we inspected 4 of them in their showroom.

Things are getting fishy now. Either the VIN codes in Wildon's thread are wrong, or Chevy dealers in Hyderabad are taking their customers for a royal ride.

Any pointers, guys? MA6JFDHDBBH016949 is the vin of one of the cars we inspected.
The 2 ways to check is to feed the VIN number into the computerised AP Temp Registration System. That system doesn't lie as the companies directly give data to the govt.

The other would be to see the excise gatepass of the vehicle or company invoice to the dealer.

Cheers
Old 18th August 2011, 14:26   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The 2 ways to check is to feed the VIN number into the computerised AP Temp Registration System. That system doesn't lie as the companies directly give data to the govt.

The other would be to see the excise gatepass of the vehicle or company invoice to the dealer.

Cheers
The second option comes only after buying the car, hence ruled out. Would like to know more about the first option---any url?
Old 18th August 2011, 18:42   #745
Senior - BHPian

Sorry folks,

Looks like the above brouhaha on vin was a false alarm. Wildon's thread does shed some light on pages 13 & 14. It looks like Chevy has changed the VIN pattern from Feb 2011, after which the 7th letter is the month, not the 9th.

Going by the above, the Cruzes we saw today were all Aug, 2011 models. We came to know about this only in the afternoon, but did not share with the dealers. It was only in the evening that the guy from Kun called up and said that the models were all of this month.

What a relief!!

Avi--why don't you add a note to Wildon's thread on the 1st page regarding this change?

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th August 2011 at 18:47.
Old 18th August 2011, 19:32   #746
Senior - BHPian

A little OT on the ownership thread - The Cruze was updated with jet black interiors and few additional features on the LT version (ACC, etc) sometime around Feb-Mar timeframe. I remember this since I was shopping around for a new car around this period. If the cars that you checked has jet black interiors it should definitely be the recent one's, please check this.

Edit - Sorry, noticed your post only after I submitted the reply. Please ignore and I'm glad that all is well.

Quote:
The second option comes only after buying the car, hence ruled out. Would like to know more about the first option---any url?

Last edited by bala80 : 18th August 2011 at 19:33.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:47   #747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I have used 2 : Sunshine and Eurogold. The spray polish that they have also worked well for me on the Santro and on Cruze. Santro still shines like new with the spray that I used on it and Cruze also gets a super shine which gets retained even after daily wet cloth cleaning.
Excellent. I will look out for these products at the bunks. Any specific bunk you know stock these products for sure?

Quote:
Sorry folks,

Looks like the above brouhaha on vin was a false alarm. Wildon's thread does shed some light on pages 13 & 14. It looks like Chevy has changed the VIN pattern from Feb 2011, after which the 7th letter is the month, not the 9th.
Glad that all is well for Lakshman

Quote:
Avi--why don't you add a note to Wildon's thread on the 1st page regarding this change?
Please share the link of that thread and will edit it accordingly.

This is how "Diane" elder sister of Kate shimmers at night

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_8278.jpg

Loved this Cruze which was there at Hyderabad Drag Race last week. Its owned by TDI Racing Team and I had a chat with the owner who is from hyderabad but, has a tuning company in bangalore.

This cruze is running on 223 BHP after remapping the ECU, Fitted with slotted rotors and next is a suspension upgrade. It's odo reading was 42,000kms which is going by registration it is probably 6 months older than mine. Owner offered me to drive it, I missed on the opportunity. Maybe next time in Oct during the next leg of drag race.

Never liked the gold color before but, this one looked fabulous

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_7966.jpg

Primary reason for enhancement of overall look of car

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_8016.jpg
Old 20th August 2011, 13:11   #748
Team-BHP Support

That gold Cruze is the first one I like too. Shows rims and tints can make or break a car.
Old 20th August 2011, 14:00   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Please share the link of that thread and will edit it accordingly.
Some talk about Chevy VIN numbers here (second reply in the post) :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2473011

For more details, @Torquedo should be able to help.
Old 20th August 2011, 18:08   #750
BHPian

That gold cruze is definitely a killer in looks. But boy-o-boy, its emitting a hell lot of smoke, thanks to the remap i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks