Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 00:53   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

mobike - Won't slime be of help here? And the tire can still be used as a spare one.
Old 27th September 2011, 02:02   #767
A M
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
They checked the tyre and when it was dipped in water to check the puncture there were 2 very small punctures right next to each other and it was so small, not even visible. Got them stickered and they noted the air still passing through.
Well..!! Did you try with those puncture repair spray cans? I guess they might be useful for such punctures.

Regarding the tube bit, it isn't recommended should you use this tyre on long drives. If you decide to go for tube, better use it as spare.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:21   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Option 1: Replace the tyre which is obviously a costly affair.

Any other inputs would also be appreciated !
How about replacing it with the stock tubeless tyre?

I know the stock tyres aren't that great, but my uninformed opinion is that it may be better to run 3 CPC2 + 1 Vectra (all tubeless) than 3 CPC2 tubeless + 1 CPC2 tubed jugaad when the spare must be used.

That way you can save on the cost somewhat.

Quote:
I have two 1000+km drives coming up in October
Bengaluru and Goa?

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th September 2011, 11:26   #769
Team-BHP Support

Oops didn't see the part about the air still passing through. Maybe you can take it to some other shop and get it patched. This is quite odd, because whenever I've had punctures on any of my cars (all tubeless) after patching the air stops leaking totally. If its such a small puncture air should not be leaking through still. Get it done again and when its fixed properly continue using the tyre

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th September 2011 at 11:29.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:32   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have two 1000+km drives coming up in October, so need to be really sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Bengaluru and Goa?
Bengaluru and Tirupati !!
Old 27th September 2011, 12:15   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all for the responses guys.

As mentioned, the tube-less tyre with tube is currently inside my boot (spare) and 4 tyres on the car are the tubeless ones. Essentially the drive on the highway will happen with 4 tubeless tyres ( unless, they too give up before/during the drive).

In the event of a puncture, will replace the punctured tubeless tyre with spare tubed tyre for a brief period till when I can get it repaired.

@Akshay, forgot to mention, the 2 small punctures are right next to each other and also next to an earlier puncture. The WA/Balancing center that I went to for this repair is very reputable and the owner tried fixing those 2 small punctures and even after that air was still passing. Only after that he suggested those 2 options and obviously i chose the cheaper one instantly.

I know that its a jugaad and I will most definetly not be comfortable to drive on the highway knowing one of the tyre is a "tubed" one.

Spadix, thats a good option of buying one JK Vectra ( Rs.4400 against Rs.8800 for the CPC2) and will go for that option only if things worsen.

Yeah, WA is scheduled for a total of 2500kms run in October with one trip ( Hyd-TPT-Hyd) and another being ( Hyd-BLR-Hyd)

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th September 2011 at 12:16.
Old 20th October 2011, 11:45   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no specific update on WA as everything is going on like clockwork (touchwood) and it has crossed 19,000kms last week during a Team-BHP Drive Meet.

With regards to complaint, the same problem of AC has cropped up again where the blower speed of AC in 3rd position is not as much as it should be. That thing works for a few months and then comes back to a slower blower speed. It's not an issue but, definetly an irritant and in hot weather wouldnt make the cabin much cooler.

Will get it checked after my upcoming highway trip is completed by 1st week of November.

The primary reason for this post is to share some pictures including one of the christening ceremony of WA. Also, during the Oct 16th Team-BHP drive meet, there were 3 Cruzes that participated, some pictures of that as well.

Enjoy !!

WA after the christening ceremony !!!

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00861.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00661.jpg

A mean trio, dont you think?

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00881.jpg

450 horses and 99kgm of torque !!!

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00901.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th October 2011 at 11:46.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 12:04   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no specific update on WA as everything is going on like clockwork (touchwood) and it has crossed 19,000kms last week during a Team-BHP Drive Meet.

The primary reason for this post is to share some pictures including one of the christening ceremony of WA. Also, during the Oct 16th Team-BHP drive meet, there were 3 Cruzes that participated, some pictures of that as well.

Enjoy !!
AWESOME stuff as usual. Total drool material for me. That TRIO photo is a killer. It would have been even better if the grey one was in the middle of the 2 WAs.
Old 21st October 2011, 18:44   #774
anb
BHPian

Quote:

Add a tube to a tubeless tyre.
So far my cruze had 4 punctures ( 3 vectras and one acelere) which cannot be repaired. Currently car runs on 3 aceleres,1 worn out vectra. One worn out vectra is kept as spare. What is the size of tube ? is it exactly 205/60/R16 ? I enquired about some shops. They said it is not available.
Old 8th November 2011, 15:30   #775
Distinguished - BHPian

20,000KMS Update

Last weekend went to Tirupathi for darshan along with family members and suprisingly due to a change in plan drove to Tirupathi and back in 36 hours a total of 1300kms +

WA performed flawlessly and covered 600kms in 9 hours both ways on a mixture of good and bad roads of Hyderabad-Kurnool-Nandyal-Cuddapah-Tirupathi route

I was suprised to get a FE of 14kmpl during the onward journey and a whopping 16kmpl (for first time ever) on the return trip.

Yesterday, WA went for its 20K general service check-up. I had the following points to bring to their notice :-

1. The driver seat was creaking a lot from past one month ( maybe a sign that i need to reduce weight)

2. While driving I normally rest my elbow on the door switchboard because thats a lovely place to rest the hand during long drives and is perfect for my style of driving. Perhaps, due to regular usage, the plastic ( below my elbow area) was makiing a tic-tic noise

3. Specially told them NO wheel balancing and alignment

After the service :-

1. This was solved as there was a bolt loose of the seat configuration. No more squeaks

2. They opened and worked on it but, I still hear a faint noise if I press the elbow hard. But, they did a fair job

Total Damages : Rs.1150

General Service is Rs.950

Remainder for Brake Fluid top-up, windsheild cleaning etc..

A memorable milestone

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img2011110500659.jpg

All cleaned up and ready to annihilate many more miles....

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-wa-back-being-chammak-challo-.jpg
Old 8th November 2011, 15:57   #776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Congrats on the 20k milestone. 14/16 kmpl is good FE for the beast. Its looking simply gorgeous as usual post service.

Cheers!
Old 8th November 2011, 16:52   #777
BHPian

Quote:

With regards to complaint, the same problem of AC has cropped up again where the blower speed of AC in 3rd position is not as much as it should be. That thing works for a few months and then comes back to a slower blower speed. It's not an issue but, definetly an irritant and in hot weather wouldnt make the cabin much cooler.

Will get it checked after my upcoming highway trip is completed by 1st week of November.

Enjoy !!

WA after the christening ceremony !!!

Attachment 829837

Attachment 829838

A mean trio, dont you think?

Attachment 829839

450 horses and 99kgm of torque !!!

Attachment 829840
hi mobike congrats for 20000km mine cruze is at 18000 kms for the ac problem you should try to keep your ac in recirculate mode to keep the filters ac ones clean do not use fresh air mode or if you have to use fresh air mode you should try to do it in dustfree area
bajwasingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 09:56   #778
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

I was waiting for the rains to stop so I can make use of the "FREE" teflon coating voucher that KUN gifted me when I bought the car.

After a long time, saturday was relatively free so called the dealership in the morning and as in most free cases, people balk at servicing free stuff was pleasantly surprised when they said "Please come over immediately"

Visited them at 12:30pm and my car was immediately taken to the basement of the showroom where the teflon is usually done

The guy spent a leisurely 2.5 hours to do a thorough job with me standing on his head pointing to address unreachable corners as well

After the job, all the minor tar marks on the bottom skirts and other unreachable corners have vanished and left an amazing gleam to the entire car. Just praying, there should be no showers now

Also, have a FREE car wash still left from that voucher. To be used when WA gets really dirty ( which in any case is a rarity)

Some pictures which can speak a few words of their own. All pictures are mobile camera pictures

3M...Nice..eh?

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20111112676.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20111112671.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20111112673.jpg

W.I.P. The body still has rough patchy sheen as you can see

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-w.i.p.jpg

Finally, this is how it turned out (picture cannot do justice) with my "White Angel" in the background

"Shine on you crazy diamond"

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-final.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 19:42   #779
MDe
BHPian

Awesome stuff Avinash. WA looks great with the teflon work. I see you get your work done at RTC workshop of Kun. I am also looking forward to a good drive. Reaching 10k mark and have faced the following glitches so far:
1) AC issue, the same as yours. Took it for correction on saturday. A clean filter did the trick
2) Now ABS light is on. When I took it to RTC today, they suspect a sensor issue. Will get it corrected next weekend
3) The squeaking sound on the driver seat. It gets better sometimes but comes back again.
Overall, fantastic fun. Its so much fun to see people on your rear view. I remember a fortuner trying to get close but could never catch up. Love every minute of my drive.
Old 5th December 2011, 14:42   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Manish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
1) AC issue, the same as yours. Took it for correction on saturday. A clean filter did the trick
I still have the problem. Blower in 3rd position is pretty weak. I dont have the patience to go back to A.S.S for such a trivial issue

Quote:
2) Now ABS light is on. When I took it to RTC today, they suspect a sensor issue. Will get it corrected next weekend
While at it, get it scanned and ask them to remove all error codes

Quote:
3) The squeaking sound on the driver seat. It gets better sometimes but comes back again.
My squeaking disappeared automatically. Now my drive is in complete silence. Reckon this crops up only during monsoon.

Quote:
Overall, fantastic fun. Its so much fun to see people on your rear view. I remember a fortuner trying to get close but could never catch up. Love every minute of my drive.
You can say that again. After driving the Cruze, I simply cannot imagine driving any other car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks