Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 15:39   #781
MDe
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

While at it, get it scanned and ask them to remove all error codes
Yes, will get it scanned completely. Anyway, this is going to be covered in warranty. Frequenting workshop is not something that I like to do, so will have them correct everything.

Quote:
My squeaking disappeared automatically. Now my drive is in complete silence. Reckon this crops up only during monsoon.
I hope it gets corrected for me too. Actually after the AC work, I did not notice the sound.

Quote:
You can say that again. After driving the Cruze, I simply cannot imagine driving any other car.
Agree 100%. Its sheer thrill behind the wheel.
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 11:26   #782
BHPian

A few days ago my father parked his Cruze outside a shop near our house. When he returned after a few minutes, the car just wouldn't start. After a few failed attempts, I was called to the spot to steer the car back home as it would be pushed..which turned out to be a hard task due to power steering which seems to make the steering harder in the cold condition.

Anyhow, after a few close calls in avoiding electricity poles and potholes, we finally managed to get the car back home thanks to.some samaritans (as we all realized, this isn't a car that can be pushed around easily).

Calls were made to the local roadside assistance number but being Kanpur, the number itself did not work. We finally managed to get across to a gentleman in the workshop who volunteered to send a driver the following day.

Meanwhile after some failed attempts, the car did finally start again. The driver who came the next day drove the car like a racecar and was convinced there was nothing wrong with it. The workshop did a full examination and reached the same verdict. So we are still clueless as to why it happened.

I should point out that when he had first embarked on the drive that day, my father got a low fuel warning indication, which was strange because the car wasn't low on diesel. But he nevertheless got it filled and the warning went away.

Any ideas about what could have gone wrong?

Last edited by darthvader : 7th December 2011 at 11:27.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:31   #783
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Hi,can you check which battery is your car running on?,is the acdelco battery which came for the first year or so or the exide battery which is the one used now?
Acdelco batteries were known to have issues.
HOwever as you are saying that the fuel meter showed low fuel even though there was enough fuel plus now its running fine I doubt some other issue and will wait for others to comment.
Mobike,could this in anyway be linked to the fuel pipe issue I have mentioned about?
I would love to hear your views on this
Old 7th December 2011, 11:38   #784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
A few days ago my father parked his Cruze outside a shop near our house. When he returned after a few minutes, the car just wouldn't start
Looks like its the case of some faulty sensor as i dont see it could be a battery issue else the car would not have started if it had discharged without getting it charged/replaced.

If the A.S.S has done a complete sensor scan and havent come up with any error codes, this just pray this was a stray case and leave it for now. If this repeats, then it may require a detailed attention on same.

Btw, KUN Chevrolet just keep on impressing me time and again. A week ago, I received a call from dealership asking how the car is doing (general call) and i told the lady that i am fed of up of your service as you couldnt fix my AC blower issue which for me is a very trivial issue ( blower speed is low at 3# point)

Today morning, received a call from their service manager and asked me when I am free so they can address my problem. I told him, you clean the air filter and then issue crops back again in a week.

To which he replied, No Sir! this time we will eradicate the problem from the root and will replace the faulty component

I told him i am free on Saturday to which he responded, he will remind me by calling again on Friday evening so i can drop in on Saturday.

Way to go Chevy !!!
Old 7th December 2011, 16:10   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Mobike,could this in anyway be linked to the fuel pipe issue I have mentioned about?
Here is some concrete news about the fuel pipeline issue Holden Captiva - Holden recalls Korean cars over diesel leak | GoAuto
Old 13th December 2011, 22:34   #786
BHPian

Hi. Thanks for the replies and the link. The car has clocked about 800 km now...when can I expect a city mileage exceeding 11 kmpl? Any tips to improve it beyond the ones given in the manual? I got a call from the workshop asking if the mileage is decent and to get the car examined if its not...
Old 14th December 2011, 13:37   #787
BHPian

So today, the fuel gauge malfunction has recurred. I was driving the car, when I suddenly noticed that the fuel gauge was showing an empty fuel tank warning, and the pointer too was all the way down at E (empty). However, the range (distance to go) being shown was still about 78 km. Fortunately, I was able to bring the car back home safely in one piece.

But this is what had happened a few days ago, after which the car refused to start. This time, I took a picture of the readout as it is difficult to explain to the workshop folks when they look at the car and find nothing wrong :-)

Here is the picture:

Any ideas what could be wrong, other than the obvious possibility that the fuel gauge sensor is malfunctioning?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-20111214_125025_red.jpg  

Last edited by darthvader : 14th December 2011 at 13:48. Reason: Added picture locally, as an attachment.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:45   #788
BHPian

Quote:
So today, the fuel gauge malfunction has recurred. I was driving the car, when I suddenly noticed that the fuel gauge was showing an empty fuel tank warning, and the pointer too was all the way down at E (empty). However, the range (distance to go) being shown was still about 78 km. Fortunately, I was able to bring the car back home safely in one piece.

But this is what had happened a few days ago, after which the car refused to start. This time, I took a picture of the readout as it is difficult to explain to the workshop folks when they look at the car and find nothing wrong :-)

Here is the picture:

Any ideas what could be wrong, other than the obvious possibility that the fuel gauge sensor is malfunctioning?
Are you sure the fuel indicator drops suddenly to reserve because 78km on reserve is easily possible if your average is even about 10kmpl.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:59   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Are you sure the fuel indicator drops suddenly to reserve because 78km on reserve is easily possible if your average is even about 10kmpl.
The fuel indicator has been static at 'empty', but you raise a good point. I am going to figure this out by looking at the indicator after pouring some more diesel.

I spoke to a person in the workshop, who said all these problems are due to the fact that the sales folks did not educate me properly about the car. He maintained that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, so I am guessing there is some calibration that may need to be done...
Old 19th December 2011, 12:24   #790
BHPian

Hey Mobike! Did they fix your AC as promised? No more blower issues? I am doing my service at Sundaram motors in Chennai. They have good customer service as well as far as the phone calls go. However the actual servicing seems quite run of the mill, nothing extraordinary.

Quote:
Looks like its the case of some faulty sensor as i dont see it could be a battery issue else the car would not have started if it had discharged without getting it charged/replaced.

If the A.S.S has done a complete sensor scan and havent come up with any error codes, this just pray this was a stray case and leave it for now. If this repeats, then it may require a detailed attention on same.

Btw, KUN Chevrolet just keep on impressing me time and again. A week ago, I received a call from dealership asking how the car is doing (general call) and i told the lady that i am fed of up of your service as you couldnt fix my AC blower issue which for me is a very trivial issue ( blower speed is low at 3# point)

Today morning, received a call from their service manager and asked me when I am free so they can address my problem. I told him, you clean the air filter and then issue crops back again in a week.

To which he replied, No Sir! this time we will eradicate the problem from the root and will replace the faulty component

I told him i am free on Saturday to which he responded, he will remind me by calling again on Friday evening so i can drop in on Saturday.

Way to go Chevy !!!
Old 20th December 2011, 08:57   #791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Hey Mobike! Did they fix your AC as promised? No more blower issues? I am doing my service at Sundaram motors in Chennai. They have good customer service as well as far as the phone calls go. However the actual servicing seems quite run of the mill, nothing extraordinary.
I went on Dec 10th to get the AC blower issue rectified. Spent probably a little over 30 mins and they returned the vehicle saying the problem is fixed.

Now the AC fan blower speed is quite good at 2nd and 3rd positions and really chills the cabin fast.

In the past, the blower issue used to reoccur within 24 hours. But, till today this issue hasnt re-appeared so I presume its fixed for good

Note: They suggested not to use the blower in re-circulation mode which i used to normally do to get hot air out for 2-3mins after starting the car before switching on AC. I have stopped this practice for good.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:04   #792
BHPian

Quote:
They suggested not to use the blower in re-circulation mode which i used to normally do to get hot air out for 2-3mins after starting the car before switching on AC. I have stopped this practice for good.
You would expect these kind of advises from Private workshops who have dealt with certain issues multiple times and have ultimately decided to save the customer's cash by avoiding the cause of the problem. But , I didn't expect a manufacturer's workshop to say the same and a customer like you to be happy about it Avi ! . I'm damn sure all the pennies spent don't warrant a compromise to prevent a part failure. The WA has taken over Avi's normal code of practice also it seems !. "
Old 20th December 2011, 21:40   #793
MDe
BHPian

Quote:

Way to go Chevy !!!
I am happy to hear about the proactive service calls that they have been making to you. Somehow, I havent received a single call in about 9 months now

BTW, got my ABS issue fixed. Turned out that it was not Chevy's issue but an issue with a stray rat. Looks like there were some chewed wires. We could locate the one for reverse lights and for ABS sensors. Couldnt see any more. They soldered the wires back and scanned it again. No error codes.

Today, again, I see code 27 on the display. right front indicator not working.Frustrated when I opened the hood, I see the wire bitten for it. So I bought a couple of ratkills and put around my car in the parking area. Its completely unnecessary menace, but no blame on Chevy here
Old 27th December 2011, 12:55   #794
BHPian

Just received a call from the workshop asking me to bring my car to get the fuel consumption checked, and to get a 'fuel pipe' replaced. Apparently GM has received complaints from Cruze owners experiencing poor mileage, and have decided to recall the cars for some replacements. Have any of you heard about this?

Our car has just clocked over 1000 km, and the mileage I'm getting in the city is about 11.4 kmpl. I was told I should expect a better mileage only after 5000 km or so.
Old 27th December 2011, 13:39   #795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
You would expect these kind of advises from Private workshops who have dealt with certain issues multiple times and have ultimately decided to save the customer's cash by avoiding the cause of the problem. But , I didn't expect a manufacturer's workshop to say the same and a customer like you to be happy about it Avi ! . I'm damn sure all the pennies spent don't warrant a compromise to prevent a part failure. The WA has taken over Avi's normal code of practice also it seems !. "
I know the explanation seems vague and immaturish but, what matters is the problem hasnt appeared till date and blower speed works much better than before.

So, 17 days of issue not reappearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Today, again, I see code 27 on the display. right front indicator not working.Frustrated when I opened the hood, I see the wire bitten for it. So I bought a couple of ratkills and put around my car in the parking area. Its completely unnecessary menace, but no blame on Chevy here
I never experienced a single error code display till date. Touchwood, everything seems to be going normal until now

Quote:
Just received a call from the workshop asking me to bring my car to get the fuel consumption checked, and to get a 'fuel pipe' replaced. Apparently GM has received complaints from Cruze owners experiencing poor mileage, and have decided to recall the cars for some replacements. Have any of you heard about this?

Our car has just clocked over 1000 km, and the mileage I'm getting in the city is about 11.4 kmpl. I was told I should expect a better mileage only after 5000 km or so.
I was not even sure which battery my car came with and last week did some minor tweaks to ICE and also added a Root's Windtone horn and then noticed even I have a ACDelco Battery

However, my car has done a little over 22K till now and no issues with the battery as well

Update
Last saturday, WA got its wheel alignment and balance done almost after 6500kms which i know is not a good practice and prior to alignment and balance i was experiencing brakes stopping power reduced but, after getting the alignment and balance done from one of the best guys in Hyderabad.

To my surprise, brakes have now got their bite back

They work wonderfully well and almost like new and not a single squeak till date which is the first indication of pads wearing out

My brake pads should last another 5K kms ( hopefully...)

Btw, dont expect the city mileage to go up more than 11.5kmpl if its a metro with atleast 40% bumper to bumper traffic

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th December 2011 at 13:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks