Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 13:48   #811
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Good stuff. You definitely get good service.

I also got my car serviced today. This was the 10k service. However they did charge me 150 for nitrogen which is very expensive as compared to the other places where I fill it up. The rear left disk doesnt make a sound anymore as they greased it well. Fuel pipe not changing for me as it is march 2011 model. Air filter changed however.
Here in mumbai, had checked at one of the petrol pumps on the western express highway (goregaon -east) where they quoted Rs. 100 for filling nitrogen the first time and then Rs. 20 for each top up.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:57   #812
MDe
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I cant beileve you paid Rs.150 for Nitrogen air top-up?

I DEMAND that it should be filled and NOT charged for it to which they gladly oblige
Agreed. I got the bill at home with a poor driver. I dint argue with the poor guy but will give a piece of my mind to the service advisor. This was ridiculous. I havent paid more than 40 bucks for nitrogen top up ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Here in mumbai, had checked at one of the petrol pumps on the western express highway (goregaon -east) where they quoted Rs. 100 for filling nitrogen the first time and then Rs. 20 for each top up.
I know, normally even I pay Rs 20 for top ups. This time I asked these guys to check during service. They topped it up and added 150 to the bill. Bad service as such.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th January 2012 at 12:59. Reason: merged the previous post into this one.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:37   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been quite a while that I posted some pics of WA.

So here are some pictures of it during my trip to Tirupathi in Nov-2011 and also a few of them taken at Gandipet in Hyderabad.

My running with WA has drastically reduced in the last month as Iam smitten by the new ride in my stable and also using White Angel more often over weekends.

Current odo reading is 22,500kms after 17 months completion. It still runs like a dream and leaves me in awe with her beauty and power.

My mom saying hello to you all

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0183.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0178.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0177.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0176.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0181.jpg

I love this angle of the Cruze. It looks like a mean machine

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0208.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0221.jpg
Old 11th January 2012, 17:56   #814
BHPian

those black reverse sensors make for a sore view Avi . I think you get white stickers or even a coat of plastic trim paint that doesn't affect their function.
Old 11th January 2012, 18:14   #815
BHPian

Avinash bhai, the sensors look like they are meant to ward of evil eyes preying on your White annihilator. Whats the next set of upgrades planned for your car pal. Please keep us posted. Wishing you many more miles on this lovely car.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:30   #816
Senior - BHPian

This has always been in the back of my mind. In the third pic of yours, the door locks for this car is situated near the shoulder of the passenger. For aesthetics or ease of usage, shouldnt it have been on the opposite side or on top of the door handles where you can reach it easily with your palm?

Surprised to see such kind of door lock in a C+ segment vehicle. Ok, I admit I have only sat in a Civic of C+ (and none in the above segments), hence I dont know how are the locks in other cars. But cars like City, i20 and even the Esteem has convenient door locks.

Also, how many kms will your tyres (CPC2?) last?
Old 12th January 2012, 12:35   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice snaps Avinash. The alloys look dull. Is it because of the brake dust or were they dirty?

Also i suggest you go for sticker weights while balancing the alloys.Those clip on weights stick out like a sore thumb!!
Old 12th January 2012, 17:21   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
This has always been in the back of my mind. In the third pic of yours, the door locks for this car is situated near the shoulder of the passenger. For aesthetics or ease of usage, shouldnt it have been on the opposite side or on top of the door handles where you can reach it easily with your palm?

Surprised to see such kind of door lock in a C+ segment vehicle. Ok, I admit I have only sat in a Civic of C+ (and none in the above segments), hence I dont know how are the locks in other cars. But cars like City, i20 and even the Esteem has convenient door locks.
I am not able to understand your point. Can you post a pic of the Civic's door lock?

The unlock lever in the picture looks ok to me, and convenient to reach.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 17:23   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
those black reverse sensors make for a sore view Avi . I think you get white stickers or even a coat of plastic trim paint that doesn't affect their function.
I absolutely agree Arun. Who wouldnt want a smooth white back-side sans the blemishes?

Infact, I wanted to color it white long back but, Prabhu had warned me that its functionality may get effected so didnt do it.

Will try stickering it once and see the effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Avinash bhai, the sensors look like they are meant to ward of evil eyes preying on your White annihilator.
Oh yeah! It has helped till now to ward off the evil spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Whats the next set of upgrades planned for your car pal. Please keep us posted. Wishing you many more miles on this lovely car.
All the moolah that I saved for mods to WA was spent on :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...umps-home.html

Quote:

I really dont think I understand your point above. I assume your referring to the steel door handle for passengers inside to open the door?

According to me, its perfectly situated, if it had been on opposite end it would be too close for passenger to be conveniently grasp it. I think there is anything wrong with its position or exact location.

To be honest, your feedback made me think about it a bit more and I reitarate there is nothing wrong about it. Btw, no offense I dont really dwelve so deep in asthetics especially for a feature that is 99.99% that I wont be using

Quote:
Also, how many kms will your tyres (CPC2?) last?
As you can see from the tyre condition. It's as good as new and I am super happy with its performance. In wet conditions, the car sticks to road like glue and you can take turnings in wet at higher than normal speeds without fearing for your life

I expect them to last easily 40k + kms ( hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Nice snaps Avinash. The alloys look dull. Is it because of the brake dust or were they dirty?
No, No! Alloys arent dull at all. They still shine like brand new. That must be probably just brake dust as first few pictures were taken on highway enroute Tirupathi.

If you look at the last couple of pictures it can give you a clear indication that they still look nice and shiny.

Perhaps, will click a picture up close of the alloys in clear daylight one of these days and post it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Also i suggest you go for sticker weights while balancing the alloys.Those clip on weights stick out like a sore thumb!!
That's a good feedback. Even I thought about it but, didnt check with my WA & Balance guy. If he has the sticker weights will ask him to use it next time onwards.

But, if he doesn't then will stick to same because there is no way I am changing him. He is simply the best WA & B guy in town.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th January 2012 at 17:30.
Old 12th January 2012, 17:50   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am not able to understand your point. Can you post a pic of the Civic's door lock?

The unlock lever in the picture looks ok to me, and convenient to reach.
Quote:
I really dont think I understand your point above. I assume your referring to the steel door handle for passengers inside to open the door?
Okie, let me clarify myself

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-cruze01.jpg

In this pic here, the red circle is where the lock is actually located in the cruze and the blue circle is where it should have been placed for convenience. I have found the door locking switch (available along with the door handles) to be more convenient to use, because the movement of the palms is enough to unlock and open the door in a single go.

Just my random thoughts

Last edited by _raVan_ : 12th January 2012 at 17:51.
Old 12th January 2012, 17:54   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

In this pic here, the red circle is where the lock is actually located in the cruze and the blue circle is where it should have been placed for convenience. I have found the door locking switch (available along with the door handles) to be more convenient to use
Thanks for the clarification. The door switch that you pointed out in blue circle is NEVER used by "Hand".

When the car is switched off the switch pops UP automatically and you just use the steel lever to pull towards you to open the door. Therefore, there is no real use of the door switch in real sense except to give a visual confirmation that door can be opened/is closed

It's a different matter the door is built like a vault and my wife and mom have trouble opening and closing it
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 21:19   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. The door switch that you pointed out in blue circle is NEVER used by "Hand".

When the car is switched off the switch pops UP automatically and you just use the steel lever to pull towards you to open the door. Therefore, there is no real use of the door switch in real sense except to give a visual confirmation that door can be opened/is closed

It's a different matter the door is built like a vault and my wife and mom have trouble opening and closing it
Quote:

In this pic here, the red circle is where the lock is actually located in the cruze and the blue circle is where it should have been placed for convenience. I have found the door locking switch (available along with the door handles) to be more convenient to use, because the movement of the palms is enough to unlock and open the door in a single go.
Just my random thoughts
And even if you want to unlock the door manually, you cant pull out that "stick" kinda lock by hand. Its not meant to be opened like that. You just have to yank the steel lever for opening the door to unlock it at first and yank it again to open the door. As Mobike has said above, it is just for visual sign of whether the door has been locked or not and has no mechanical purpose as such. Of course you can push it in to lock the door!!
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 09:38   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
And even if you want to unlock the door manually, you cant pull out that "stick" kinda lock by hand.
Sorry to sound amateurish, but this was a revelation for me The same mechanism exists in Alto where in we push in and pull out to lock and unlock the doors.
Old 1st February 2012, 13:37   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

I hardly take any interior pictures of the Cruze.

On sunday, before heading out for dinner was carrying a small P&S so snapped away a couple of pictures of the space where i am seated when I fly LOW

White Annihilator hasnt been running much these days as focus has shifted to a new member in the family.

Plan is underway to make WA enjoy a 2000kms drive in Feb-2012. Keep tuned to this thread for that update!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0368.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0367.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2012 at 13:39.
Old 10th February 2012, 16:51   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Last Sunday, 12 Team-BHP cars went for a glorious 250kms drive across the Nehru Outer Ring Road which is popularly known as ORR and is one of the greatest section of roads in our country to drive around.

We started from Hyderabad Airport and drove uptil exit of Vijawada which is 50+ kms then took a U-turn and drove all the way back to the newest section towards the Mumbai highway which branches off at Patencheru and this section is 100kms+

After this adrelin pumping drive, we got off the ORR towards a lush green dhaba on Vikarabad for a sumptious lunch

Some pictures of White Annihilator from that drive meet !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_04271.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_04251.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_04121.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_04311.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_04151.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks