Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 12:09   #886
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Yes I missed mentioning that. Rear legroom will also be addressed.
The only way they can increase rear legroom (without wheelbase increase, which is impractical for a face-lift) is to either make the front seat back-rest thinner or make a scoop behind it (like the alto). And maybe play around a little with the rear seat incline. Any idea when it is expected to launch? I thought it would be launched pretty soon.
Old 16th March 2012, 12:22   #887
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 25,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
to Kun and Chevrolet.

Chevrolet is doing every bit to keep its customers happy from providing exciting deals on maintenance to such gestures.

Time for other car makers and dealers to wake up and smell the coffee

Cheers,
I am not sure if its Chevrolet or the dealer, since I bought a Chevy in Bangalore but many of the 'surprises' Avi mentioned were missed !!
Old 16th March 2012, 14:00   #888
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 25,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyabhushan View Post
I am not sure if its Chevrolet or the dealer, since I bought a Chevy in Bangalore but many of the 'surprises' Avi mentioned were missed !!
Just bought mine in Bombay and didn't get any of these goodies. I suspect they know Mobike is a TBHP admin.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:27   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

3 Weeks ago, me and wifey had been to goa on vacation.

"White Annihilator" annihilated the highway and we reached goa in a record 11 hours due to better road conditions and a different route even though number of kilometers were the same which is approximately 730kms

Otherwise, goa from hyderabad is a minimum 14 hours distance.

During this trip we covered a total of 1600kms

Cruze was extremely comfortable to drive and I normally need to step out of the car every 2-3 hours to stretch my legs but, during this trip I didnt move an inch from the steering wheel for a whole of 7 hours and still felt fresh at the end of the drive

Here are some pictures taken during this trip somewhere in Gandhiglaj town during our way back to Hyderabad.

Cruze Rocks !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0926.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0930.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0931001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0929.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0927.jpg  

Old 24th March 2012, 00:18   #890
BHPian

Great, the Cruze does cruise on the highways !
Just my few questions - have you had problems with ground clearance ? How good are the headlamps ? How strong are the brakes ?
Old 18th April 2012, 19:12   #891
BHPian

Hi Avi,
How tall are you?
I am 6'1, so will the Cruze MT be a comfortable daily drive?
Old 18th April 2012, 19:50   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Avi,
How tall are you?
For daily comfortable drive in city i think the a/t will be more apt.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:07   #893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
3 Weeks ago, me and wifey had been to goa on vacation.
What was the speeds you maintained and what is the FE that you got on this trip?
Old 18th April 2012, 22:32   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
For daily comfortable drive in city i think the a/t will be more apt.
I love manuals. So buying an Automatic is out of question. Moreover, I want to know more about the interior space rather than convenience.
Old 19th April 2012, 08:38   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Great, the Cruze does cruise on the highways !
Just my few questions - have you had problems with ground clearance ? How good are the headlamps ? How strong are the brakes ?
Till date, I may have scraped the bottom maybe 2-3 times and GC is not an issue at all. Front hang is more of a concern than the bottoming out issue . Compared to Civic ( rode a one week old civic yesterday and it bottomed out with 3 people inside badly scraping the bottom) its way better due to harder suspensions

I am still on stock headlamps and they are absolutely wonderful and never felt the need for upgrade in my 26K kms run. I use them at 3 settings in city and 0 on highways

Brakes are the best feature of the Cruze. It can go at insanely fast speeds and due to its awesome brakes can also stop equally quick. When car was new, i was a bit scared by its stopping power.

Quote:
Hi Avi,
How tall are you?
I am also 6ft. 1inch tall and little on heavier side and its extremely comfortable to drive. As said many times before, the roof is a bit low but, otherwise its very comfortable.

I too love MT's and cannot imagine driving a AT but, to be honest with so much power on tap it does get a bit irritating in bumper to bumper traffic/really heavy traffic as its like reigning in a runway horse

I drive almost 50kms everyday to work in Hyderabad traffic. Trust me, even till date I look forward to the drive each morning to work.

Its not a deal breaker and I dont regret anything about Cruze till now. Its been the most fabulous car that I owned ( I owned 6 brand new cars in 11 years) in my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What was the speeds you maintained and what is the FE that you got on this trip?
I wasnt speeding but tried being more consistent in range of 120kmph-140kmph and it returned the best FE till date of 16kmpl while going and about 15kmpl during return trip.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th April 2012 at 08:45.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 14:26   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wasnt speeding but tried being more consistent in range of 120kmph-140kmph and it returned the best FE till date of 16kmpl while going and about 15kmpl during return trip.
LOL- that just shows how relative speeds are- for most, this would mean blasting down the highway.

But quite commendable FE figures for these speeds- given the fact that the Cruze is a 2 litre executive sedan with the kind of performance it has on tap, this is simply amazing
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 15:14   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
LOL- that just shows how relative speeds are- for most, this would mean blasting down the highway.
Beileve you me Himanshu, when you drive the Cruze on a proper 4-lane highway, 120kmph seems like crawling. No, I am not kidding

Apart from its low cost of ownership (0.60 Rs/km), FE has be simply wonderful.

In City conditions, worst average I got is 11kmpl and never above 12kmpl

On Highways, worst was 13.5kmpl due to some spirited driving. And, 16kmpl was the best

I realized the sweet spot of this car is in that special zone

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th April 2012 at 13:51.
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:13   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Brakes are the best feature of the Cruze. It can go at insanely fast speeds and due to its awesome brakes can also stop equally quick. When car was new, i was a bit scared by its stopping power.

Its not a deal breaker and I dont regret anything about Cruze till now. Its been the most fabulous car that I owned ( I owned 6 brand new cars in 11 years) in my life

Yes braking power of the car is very important for such a powerful car. Thanks for sharing this aspect of cruze.

6 Cars in 11 yrs ? So not even 2 yrs per car ?

16 Kmpl is phenomenal . To top it, its a diesel.

My swift d returned 17.86 kmpl on my recent trip to delhi, I was maintaining the speeds of 120Kmph, occasionally touching 140kmph.

Last edited by F150 : 22nd April 2012 at 13:16.
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:17   #899
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your inputs Avi.
Here is one more question if you don't mind,

If I end up buying the Cruze, I will definitely change the stock tyres. Which tyres do you recommend If I want overall improvement? Also, should I upsize the tyres or stick with the stock size?
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:25   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your inputs Avi.
Here is one more question if you don't mind,

If I end up buying the Cruze, I will definitely change the stock tyres. Which tyres do you recommend If I want overall improvement? Also, should I upsize the tyres or stick with the stock size?
I have no experience on the stock size soft rubber, so cant really comment on that. But I've been running on 225/55R16 Michelin PLCs and they are superb. The sidewal remains the same and its softer rubber so comfort is enhanced. And I cannot tell enough about the grip. The car holds it's line through the turns at really good speeds beautifully. And most of all, the steering feel has changed completely. It gives substantial amount of feedback (which is missing in the stock tires).

Hope this helps!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks