Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 09:33   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
oops, sorry for not checking on my thread till now as i was out of the country till last weekend. Congrat on getting yourself an RD box, I am sure your enjoying it thoroughly
No worries on the late reply I had more or less made up my mind on the box but just needed a little more push. Anyways I am enjoying the joys of driving the car with the box. The best observation I can feel in city driving is the ease with which the car now drives with a/c.

Have fun with RD and keep updating this thread
Old 7th October 2012, 12:40   #977
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Congrats on your RD Box...... enjoying your car more now I suppose. By the way have you only added the RD box or also changed your air filter to a performance air filter ??

If you have not changed your stock filter, I would suggest you do that as it will seriously help your car drive better.
Old 8th October 2012, 13:19   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
If you have not changed your stock filter, I would suggest you do that as it will seriously help your car drive better.
Thanks. No, I havent changed my stock air filter yet

Can you elaborate what do you mean by a performance air-filter? Like the ones from K&N and Green Cotton?

Would love to know your thoughts on how you think it will improve the car drive better?
Old 8th October 2012, 23:42   #979
BHPian

A performance air filter will allow your car to breathe in more air which in itself will help in reducing turbo lag. By performance air filters - I meant something like the K&N or the Green cotton (not the replacement versions).

I am currently in a process of closing a deal on cruze (used car) and if it happens - I will be part of the Cruze family. Just a question though - how are the cost of spares and other stuff in GM - are they on the higher side or similar to other cars in the segment and did you ever have to wait for a part to arrival due to nonavailability at the dealer workshop.
Old 9th October 2012, 22:36   #980
MDe
BHPian

Congratulations on the RD Box Avinash. I am getting tempted with what I read. But there might be an issue with warranty if I put it now. And that video is also great, just trying to calculate the number of KMs you did in 4:36 as the speeds look real good.

Anyway, I am happy that with your driving you still get FE beyond 11. I only got past 11 on highways and the best I got was 13. In city I constantly get under 11, I guess my office time (read bumper to bumper traffic time) is the cause. Anyway, do let us know the impact the P1 mode made on FE. Not the top priority, but another feel good factor you see :P. Try the P2 also sometime and put a video on that if possible. Too many asks I guess!
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 22:51   #981
BHPian

We would love to see more videos and also probably more test. If possible a dyno run will surely help.

Have you ever tried using the E mode. If they are saying it will give 40% more mileage - it better to be tested. Though I am sure you might get more turbo lag.
Old 9th October 2012, 23:14   #982
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived. EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics B

Quote:
WA got some minor cosmetic upgradations. Finally found some time to get a simple DRL and Sill plates to make it look a bit jazzy during night time.
You got them thru ebay or someplace else ? I am planning to order the same for my ride, mind sharing the price you paid for the sill plates(pm me maybe) ?
Old 10th October 2012, 10:08   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A performance air filter will allow your car to breathe in more air which in itself will help in reducing turbo lag. By performance air filters - I meant something like the K&N or the Green cotton (not the replacement versions).
Hmmm. My take on this is bit different having used a stock replacement filter from Green Cotton in my previous car ( Viva CRDi) with a Pete's box. The filter used to get clogged up badly within 5000kms and i had to spend a long time cleaning it and even then it wont be really clean

Therefore, stock replacement filters are as good as duds

Only a CAI ( Cold Air Intake) makes a difference which means I need to install a custom make air filter to ensure better breathing for the car. This one goes into my ponder list, let's see

Quote:
I am currently in a process of closing a deal on cruze (used car) and if it happens - I will be part of the Cruze family. Just a question though - how are the cost of spares and other stuff in GM - are they on the higher side or similar to other cars in the segment and did you ever have to wait for a part to arrival due to nonavailability at the dealer workshop.
Nice to know. Welcome in advance

Well, not sure if you have seen my service cost break-ups which i have been patiently outlining in my thread. My cost of ownership at 32,000kms stands at roughly Rs.1/km

With respect to spares availabilty, it's quite good. I never had to wait for ages. Infact, whenever my car goes for service at 9am and is delivered back to me by 4pm. Talk about speed

With respect to cost, Yeah I have to admit its slighly higher than others cars in same segment. But, what the heck, they dont have a performance like a Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Congratulations on the RD Box Avinash. I am getting tempted with what I read. But there might be an issue with warranty if I put it now.
Go for it man! I waited for exactly two excruciating years before taking the plunge. If your car is good till now means its not a lemon...lol! so dont worry about the warranty and jump at it....it becames a different beast altogether

Quote:
And that video is also great, just trying to calculate the number of KMs you did in 4:36 as the speeds look real good.
In that video, my passenger was shooting the video so i let all cars pass me and then overtook each one of them

In general, during Team-BHP drive meets, White Annihilator is normally at the head of the pack.......

Quote:
Anyway, I am happy that with your driving you still get FE beyond 11. I only got past 11 on highways and the best I got was 13. In city I constantly get under 11, I guess my office time (read bumper to bumper traffic time) is the cause. Anyway, do let us know the impact the P1 mode made on FE. Not the top priority, but another feel good factor you see :P. Try the P2 also sometime and put a video on that if possible. Too many asks I guess!
In the city with bumper to bumper type of traffic, I consistenly get 11.50kmpl and during highway drives i get a decent FE of 13.5kmpl-14kmpl

Tried P2 for maybe 25kms max, car drives way too fast. P1 is more than enough power

For FE related stuff on P1, check this post of mine :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2927366

Quote:
We would love to see more videos and also probably more test. If possible a dyno run will surely help.

Have you ever tried using the E mode. If they are saying it will give 40% more mileage - it better to be tested. Though I am sure you might get more turbo lag.
You asking me to use E-Mode. Blasphemy !!!! LOL

No, I havent even thought of using E-mode till now. Will try it soon. I just dont feel like moving out of P1. If i ever do, i go back to stock mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
You got them thru ebay or someplace else ? I am planning to order the same for my ride, mind sharing the price you paid for the sill plates(pm me maybe) ?
www.storeji.com

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th October 2012 at 10:11.
Old 10th October 2012, 22:50   #984
MDe
BHPian

Quote:

In that video, my passenger was shooting the video so i let all cars pass me and then overtook each one of them

In general, during Team-BHP drive meets, White Annihilator is normally at the head of the pack.......
I know what you mean, you surely have a lot of power under the hood for you to pull away. Its just super fun. I was also happy to hear that WA's brakes are still stock, much relief over a lot of other reports that I heard on the brakes for Cruze.

But I still envy the service that you get from Kun. The guys at Hafeezpet service center are not the same. Remember, last time they charged me 150 for Nitrogen top-up. Big time rip-off. Btw, where did you get the second teflon coating done? I am thinking of getting it.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:36   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Cruze service intervals have been officially hiked to every 7,500 km although time stays same at 6 months. Thus it goes like 6M/7.5k, 1Y/15k, 1.5Y/22.5k now.

I've carried out services under the old regime i.e. 6M/5k, 1Y/10k etc. so will need to move apprpopriately to the new regime

By the way, check out my brake pads at 20k km (hover the cursor on the picture and the file name will reveal the tyre position):

They look fine to me (i.e. still above the Wear Indicator) and braking force is still as good as new. Will I need to change them anytime soon?

The discs themselves look rather 'scored'. Is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-front-left-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-front-left-2.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-front-right-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-front-right-2.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-rear-left-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-rear-left-2.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-rear-right-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-rear-right-2.jpg  

Old 18th October 2012, 09:29   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like the Cruze service intervals have been officially hiked to every 7,500 km although time stays same at 6 months. Thus it goes like 6M/7.5k, 1Y/15k, 1.5Y/22.5k now.
Oh is it? Does this apply to all Cruze owners from the begining or from a certain period?

Quote:
By the way, check out my brake pads at 20k km (hover the cursor on the picture and the file name will reveal the tyre position): The discs themselves look rather 'scored'. Is this normal?
Discs look pretty good, what do you mean they look scored? All these mechanicals dont look good but, perform as they are supposed to.

What is important is how far are the pads from the disc when they are in their normal position.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:41   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh is it? Does this apply to all Cruze owners from the begining or from a certain period?

Discs look pretty good, what do you mean they look scored?
Confirmed the new service intervals from the soft copy of the Owners Manual on the Chevy site (updated 3 July 2012). Here: http://www.chevrolet.co.in/content/d...ze_3July12.pdf

However, unsure of how these apply to our cars. Called an adviser in Trident but did not get a concrete answer. Can you check with the knowledgeable service advisers you're aware of or directly with Kun's Service GM? I was anyway going for my 20k km servcice but will not stretch it to 22.5k km/ 1.5Y.

As for the brakes, I meant the concentric lines (like a vinyl record). Should the surface be smoother or this appearance is normal?

Last edited by itwasntme : 18th October 2012 at 10:46. Reason: Manual URL added
Old 18th October 2012, 10:48   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you check with the knowledgeable service advisers you're aware of or directly with Kun's Service GM? I was anyway going for my 20k km servcice but will not stretch it to 22.5k km/ 1.5Y.
Will call Sampath Reddy today and find out.

Quote:
As for the brakes, I meant the concentric lines (like a vinyl record). Should the surface be smoother or this appearance is normal?
LOL! Yeah all discs pretty much look the same ( indeed like a vinyl record). Therefore, yours too is quite normal.
Old 19th October 2012, 14:35   #989
BHPian

I just spoke to the KLN Motors,they advised me to check my oil levels(just crossed 20k),get oil topped up now and come in for service at 22.5k.

Regards

Last edited by KINI : 19th October 2012 at 14:36.
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 17:03   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I just spoke to the KLN Motors,they advised me to check my oil levels(just crossed 20k),get oil topped up now and come in for service at 22.5k.
Thanks. I anyways have been getting the Cruze serviced slightly longer than suggested period as I felt it was an overkill.

For that matter, even wheel alignment and balance, I do it once in 7500kms as once in 5000kms is too early. Despite this my car goes like an arrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks