Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 22:58   #991
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Okay I just checked the oil level,the engine has used up half the oil in about 5.2k kms,is that something I should be worried about??

Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:15   #992
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

@mobike008, did you get a chance to check the 0 - 100 kmph times in P1 and P2 modes? Just curious to know how much of a difference are we really talking about with the RD tuning box.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:53   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Okay I just checked the oil level,the engine has used up half the oil in about 5.2k kms,is that something I should be worried about??
I am suprised why would you personally dip the oil stick and check the level? I never did it in my entire 6 new cars ownership

Thumb rule is the oil should last till 15,000kms as that is when you change it. If it dipped to 1/2 in 5200kms then its better to pay a visit to the A.S.S to take their advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
@mobike008, did you get a chance to check the 0 - 100 kmph times in P1 and P2 modes? Just curious to know how much of a difference are we really talking about with the RD tuning box.
Well, I havent got a vbox to check the accurate 0-100 timing. But, it definetly feels way faster in these modes. I am "guessing" RD box enables to shave minimum of a "second" easily from the stock 0-100 which was 9.2 seconds.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:09   #994
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on AC Performance :-

If you recall, ever since i bought the Cruze, the only issue that I had with it was it's AC as it was not cooling fast or getting cool enough. This issue used to get compounded during highway drives in afternoons when even at the highest/lowest setting the AC will throw out hot air. This apparently was a problem with all LT Cruze's

Over the last 2 years, I may have paid a visit to A.S.S maybe 3-4 times for half hour to get this problem sorted out but, it would reappear within a few weeks.

When I got my 30,000kms service, Sampath Reddy told me i found a solution for this problem which is permanent. I didnt beileve him but, let him do what he had to do. Not even sure i remember what he did.

Anyways, what matters is whatever he did, he indeed solved my AC issue PERMANENTLY

I am reporting with this feedback after almost 2 months after this issue was rectified and now the AC is so chilling that i use it at highest setting and sometimes i turn the AC knob from blue to red as even at highest setting the coolness becomes unbearable

3 Cheers to KUN and Cruze for making my life "Cooler"
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 17:21   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on Fuel Economy with RD Box on P1 Mode:-

I completed my first full tankful of city driving entirely being on P1 mode of RD box. Indeed, it increases mileage while increasing the power substantially

I filled in 50 Litres (auto-cut method which is what i use at every tankful) after completing 606kms which translates to 12.10 Litres

Basically a 0.60L up in my regular FE of 11.50 kms/Litre of Diesel

I wasnt expecting any increment to FE. I am glad to know RD box atleast does not reduce the FE
Old 30th October 2012, 17:54   #996
BHPian

Wow, so that's more power and increased FE. What more can you ask for. I have got to get me one of these kits when I get my Diesel Rocket. This fact that it increases the FE would make it a lot easier to sell this idea to my wife who would otherwise object to the idea of something that would increase the power of this already powerful machine.
Old 30th October 2012, 20:36   #997
BHPian

Hey congrats on such a nice FE figures even after increasing the power of your car. The more I read about your car and its RD box effect, the more I am also thinking of using it in my Cruze when I get it.

By the way guys, i have a question. In the LTZ cruze do we get the 5 tyre with alloy or steel rim. Kindly let me know.
Old 31st October 2012, 09:36   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
By the way guys, i have a question. In the LTZ cruze do we get the 5 tyre with alloy or steel rim. Kindly let me know.
Absolutely.

Be it LT or LTZ. All 5 tyres come with alloys. There is no such thing called "Steel Rim" in a Cruze.
Old 31st October 2012, 10:01   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am suprised why would you personally dip the oil stick and check the level? I never did it in my entire 6 new cars ownership

Thumb rule is the oil should last till 15,000kms as that is when you change it. If it dipped to 1/2 in 5200kms then its better to pay a visit to the A.S.S to take their advice

Well, I havent got a vbox to check the accurate 0-100 timing. But, it definetly feels way faster in these modes. I am "guessing" RD box enables to shave minimum of a "second" easily from the stock 0-100 which was 9.2 seconds.
Me too! And seems I will from now on after TVS a.s.s. guys here forgot to fill in engine oil when I gave for service. Now I have a new engine at 6000 kilometer.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:16   #1000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Me too! And seems I will from now on after TVS a.s.s. guys here forgot to fill in engine oil when I gave for service. Now I have a new engine at 6000 kilometer.
That's terrible JK, which bike is it? RTR?

Touchwood, I never had any horrible experiences in the total ownership of 1+6 cars, 5 bikes in my lifetime.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:01   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's terrible JK, which bike is it? RTR?

Touchwood, I never had any horrible experiences in the total ownership of 1+6 cars, 5 bikes in my lifetime.
Yes!

And about AC, was it a fix given by the company or the A.S.S guys solution?
Never had to go beyond fan speed 2 in Safari.
Old 31st October 2012, 16:41   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And about AC, was it a fix given by the company or the A.S.S guys solution?
It was a solution by A.S.S guys especially the young service manager who takes active interest in solving problems.

Kudos to him for permanently solving my AC issue. Now it chills me to the bones even at the lowest settings
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:28   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

@32,600kms with stock brake pads. Boy 'o Boy I am begining to have some trouble now.

Last couple of days while driving to work noticed the car isnt stopping in decent time ( forget about the original bite when it was new <20K kms)

Guess what I did? I just moved from P1>S on my RD box and bite of the brakes have returned

Clear indication the additional amount of torque is playing havoc with the brake pads. I reckon will drive on stock for a majority of time and get the front brake pads replaced at the next service.

Whatever, I'd be immensely happy that brake pads would have lasted 35,000kms ( higher than my previous car; Accent Viva CRDi)
Old 6th November 2012, 23:09   #1004
MDe
BHPian

Great to hear that the brakes have lasted 32600kms. I met another Cruze owner on the weekend and his brakes have lasted almost 40K kms. Pretty reassuring as such. I got my car checked before the 2K drive that I am going to on the weekend, the service advisor informed me that there might be a need for brake pad change after my trip. I dont feel any difference in the experience, so seriously think that the guy was trying to up sell. Anyway, fingers crossed for the long drive.

In any case, I think the FE figures look really reassuring on the RD box. With all the fun, if you are getting better FE, its absolutely worth it. Good going.
Cheers!
Old 8th November 2012, 12:46   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

A few pictures to test my new camera + lens under dark conditions during one of my walks in the park
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc0346.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc0353.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc0306.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks