Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:51   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
change the OEM tyres ( JK Vectra) to Continental Premium Contact 2 ( CPC2)

Whatz the tyre size ? Did you upsize or went in for the same size?

Last edited by Repsol : 2nd August 2010 at 13:56.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:09   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
mobike, one request can you please get rid of the steering cover. The fitting seems to be a bit loose.

I know these are like 400-500 bucks but if you go for a proper stitched one, the quality and fit is like OE.

I believe G-sport stitches for Rs.1,800-2,000.
As it came as a freebie. Let me enjoy it for a few days. Will get rid of it at a later stage and go for a better one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi, I think the cruze has already come. Time to change the title
Some saint has already done it. Who was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Avi congrats on the beast. I am starting to like all the big sedans in white.
Thanks Satish. Same here. I love all luxury sedans in White then in Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on the new purchase.

Speeds > 100 and still engine is below 2000RPM? That is indeed great!

I had one question. The other I had the chance to sit in back seat of a Cruze. I felt that the back seat is a bit inclined.
Have others felt it, or its my imagination. There was one more guy withe me. He also felt the same.
I beileve the Cruze touches 160kmph and engine RPM is < 2000rpm.

You are right, the back seat is bit inclined towards backwards and its really comfortable. I prefer it that ways than an upright bench type which can be not that good for the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Avi, Spotted you this morning in Gachibowli near the Regional Telecom Institute. The White Annihilator looked awesome. But please get rid of the Blue ribbon on the bonnet.

Cheers,
Hey Ardy, you should have hollered/called. Would have met you up.

Will get rid of the ribbon this evening. Never got around to doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
@mobike008
Your white colour choice is cool, white cars really look good.

One suggestion though, remove the ribbon on from the bonnect asap before the UV rays start showing their effect on the colour beneath the ribbon, otherwise you will almost need to apply the abraser polish to rectify shade difference. (I am talking this from my own experience).
Thanks Remington, Will take care of the ribbon this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Whatz the tyre size ? Did you upsize or went in for the same size?
OE Size. 205/60/R16
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hey Ardy, you should have hollered/called. Would have met you up.

Will get rid of the ribbon this evening. Never got around to doing that.
I was on the opposite direction. Had we been on the same direction, would have definitely stopped.

Was also in hurry to get to work inspite of Monday morning blues :-)

Probably the next time.

Cheers,
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:10   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hmmm pretty spot on with the driving inputs Avinash...Here are some insights to help you:
Thanks again Ashish for your detailed feedback.

Quote:
1. Gear shifts in Cruze at the best feel decent but not something overwhelming. Hyundai produces really good gearboxes. Love the crisp and butter smooth gear shifts of my i10 and i'm sure Viva must be having a good one as well. Having said that you will feel slight difference after the first service. You can ask the service guys to take care of the gearbox stiffness (if it bothers you).
Today morning, the gearshifts seemed to have become slightly better. I will make a point to the service advisor during the first service.

Even i own an i10 Kappa, its gearshifts are butter smooth as you right said. Accent Viva had an even better gearshift than even an i10 Kappa

Quote:
3. Below 1500 rpm engine struggles. I reckon you keep it above 1500 rpm for good surge. Shift at 1800-2000 rpm for smooth and relaxed running. Will also give better FE in this power band. Talking about FE, it will improve after first service. I regularly get 11.5 kmpl with 40% city and 60% highway usage. I usually drive fast.
Well, not 1500rpm, i can feel the surge from 1200rpm. Those FE figures are heartening to know.

Btw, can i touch 3000RPM at this stage or should i stick to 2000RPM till i complete the first service?

Quote:
4. Steering feels slightly light in comparison to my vRS. RS steering is almost as heavy as a bmw and thus i'm spoiled by its solid and taut feeling. And therefore i find cruze's steering slightly off the hooks. I reckon you get performance tires for better steering control. Right now you find it good because it feels better then Viva. But I still feel for a car which has abundance of torque and pace its better to have the best steering control which you can get.
I got the OE tyres changed to CPC2 and steering feeling has improved tremendously.

Quote:
5. AC is another critical part of cruze and seems like its not as reliable as it should be. A friend of mine is facing a strange problem with her cruze's AC. I guess it trips incoherently. Make sure you switch off the AC 1-2 mins before switching off the car. And repeat the same after the ignition as well. Also get your AC regularly checked and serviced during the ownership of the car. AC caution is strictly advised due to dusty conditions.
This is worrying and can agree to it some extent. Yesterday was a very hot day in Hyderabad and i was out the whole of afternoon and without shades the AC performance was not that great.

Let me comment about it after some more usage.

Thanks for those tips, will use the AC function accordingly. But, any idea why we need to do that? to reduce the load on the compressor?
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:16   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Interior Pictures

Here are some interior pictures taken last evening.

I absolutely love the cool blue lighting and at night it looks no less than a cockpit
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4198.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4199.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4204.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4194.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4197.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 16:40   #96
BHPian

Hi Avinash, congratulations on the cruze. White looks very classy, inspite of preserving it's monster looks! Great buy indeed!

A small question though- how much did the cpc2 cost you? Any idea about 195/R15 cost? (I was thinking of putting them in my honda city sometime in the coming months, so just need to know how much to save for them!).
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Please get rid of the plastics from the seats. They are spoiling the look of the car.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:35   #98
BHPian

nice signature mobike008 and yeah, it really looks like a cockpit @ night!
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

The interior of the cruze is drool maal!
Can't wait to check out the "White Annihilator" on saturday evening.
I think Avi cannot disclose the price of the CPC2 tyres! All I can say is, it was a steal deal!
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:59   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
Hi Avinash, congratulations on the cruze. White looks very classy, inspite of preserving it's monster looks! Great buy indeed!

A small question though- how much did the cpc2 cost you? Any idea about 195/R15 cost? (I was thinking of putting them in my honda city sometime in the coming months, so just need to know how much to save for them!).
Will you send you a PM soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
nice signature mobike008 and yeah, it really looks like a cockpit @ night!
Thanks. Btw, that signature is an original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
The interior of the cruze is drool maal!
Can't wait to check out the "White Annihilator" on saturday evening.
I think Avi cannot disclose the price of the CPC2 tyres! All I can say is, it was a steal deal!
Thanks Nazim. Interiors at night is really pleasing to the eye
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:42   #101
BHPian

I love the gear knob of Cruze.Its makes you feel you are in racing car.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Yes, The gear knob is so small.I do wonder how does it controls an engine which has got such insane power.
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:58   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yes, The gear knob is so small.I do wonder how does it controls an engine which has got such insane power.
Oh yeah! thats exactly the feeling you get.

Initially, the shift feel was slightly tight now it has become much smoother. And, absolutely love the short throws too.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Avi, keep the pictures coming. Cool ride there. Congratulations!! awesome road presence colour white is!! Happy Motoring!!

We do our bit to keep the economy uphill
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:50   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Avi, keep the pictures coming. Cool ride there. Congratulations!! awesome road presence colour white is!! Happy Motoring!!

We do our bit to keep the economy uphill
Thanks Srikanth. You asked for it, here it comes. Couple of pictures for you

As Cruze is still relatively not seen in hordes on Hyderabad city roads, I am slowly but,steadily realizing that it has turned me into a star.

From the moment i step out in traffic I find quite a few people staring at me and the car like we both are from an alien planet. Some bikers even take the pain of overtaking me and turn around and see which car it is.

This morning, two young fellas on a bike next to me at a signal smiled at me and raised a thumbs-up for the car. This is happening for the second time. It just made my day !

I am completely enjoying the attention and basking in Cruze'd glory.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4179.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4180.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks