Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 19:05   #1081
anb
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hmmmmm...

What you guys say sound right by logic but, what Iam experiencing, what's the explanation for that?

100kmph at 1500rpm (RD) vs. 100kmph at 1800rpm (stock)
This is not possible unless you change the gear ratios. So it's possibly some incorrect functioning of RPM sensor or vehicle speed sensor.
Old 26th February 2013, 10:53   #1082
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
You also mentioned about interior+exterior, so did you get anything else done on the interiors of the car?
Apart from the painted alloys, I normally get a teflon coat for exterior and thorough interior cleaning from that place.

I will not reveal the pricing of the interior and exterior job because I dont want others to gape at the prices

Quote:
But from what I hear from you, it definitely has pushed the box further. With such power getting delivered to the wheels on P1 now, just wondering if it would need upgraded suspensions and brakes. In any case, is there a pricing delta between SC and DC boxes?
As mentioned before, the only difference I noted from SC vs. DC is the additional power at a prior setting. Other than that, everything seems to be just like the SC box

Ofcourse, there would be a pricing delta. However, I would not know that and you will have to contact RD folks directly

At 36,000kms my car is doing super awesome and brakes have faded to a large extent but, still stops the car marvelously ( This with original brake pads )

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Apart from changing the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, AC filter (not changed at all) and usual inspection of brake pads (still ok I think), should I specifically ask for anything else? Any service bulletins etc?
1. Why are you changing oil at 25K kms? Isnt it specifically mentioned in the manual that oil has to be changed EVERY 15,000kms. So if the car is not serviced yet, please do not change the oil

2. Oil Filter is changed along with oil, so no need to change this as well.

3. Air Filter is also not required to be changed at this interval

4. AC filter change is a good idea keeping the upcoming summer in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Battery's still strong so no issues. Horn sounds a bit offkey on continuous use but they claimed (last time) that it is not covered under warranty.
If the battery has lasted for 21 months, obviously they will not honour the warranty claim is its only for 12 months. You should have replaced the battery like most of us did with an EXIDE when they were doing it for FREE

Anyways, I have seen your report on the brakepad issue on the official Cruze thread and I must say iam totally shocked at this feedback from your ASC

If you change the disc + pads you will be the first owner to do it as I havent anyone change a disc at such an early change

I have seen the pictures and I dont particularly seen too much wear on the disc. Therefore, I think you should get it checked again from a different ASC for a second opinion.

Keep us posted of the final outcome. Goodluck !!!
Old 23rd March 2013, 13:34   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
I have been thinking of giving a new look to White Annihilator for a long time but, I loved its stock look too much to tamper with its looks

Last weekend, something snapped in my mind....and i just headed to my favorite detailing shop to get an interior + exterior + paint the stock alloys in matt black.
Would look even better if you can get them to paint silver/white/gold accents on the spokes and the rim.
Old 23rd March 2013, 17:51   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi,

Pictures please!

Thank you!
Old 26th March 2013, 12:41   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Avi, Pictures please!Thank you!
Hey Srikanth. I didnt understand you? Which pictures are you referring to? If its for the painted alloys, its already posted a page or two back
Old 26th March 2013, 19:53   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi,

My bad! I have not seen the pictures in the earlier threads and hence requested.

Saw them now, your ride looks mean and awesome with black alloys! The contrast is uber cool!!
getsurya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 23:19   #1087
BHPian

I had this issue with vibrations when braking down from anywhere upwards of 120 kmph. So highway driving was less enjoyable. Recent BLR - CBE trip was a bit of a pain. Today the issue was finally resolved. At 17k, my rotors and brake pads have been replaced. GM replaced the front rotors free of cost. I paid Rs. 7500 including taxes for the brake pads. Now, all the fun is back and I am really looking forward to my next trip.

The caliper clips had started eating into the rotors and made grooves in the rotors. That's why they had to be replaced. I am still thinking how the hell did I burn off the pads in 17k. Anyways, the fun times have returned.
Old 27th March 2013, 12:17   #1088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
At 17k, my rotors and brake pads have been replaced. GM replaced the front rotors free of cost. I paid Rs. 7500 including taxes for the brake pads. Now, all the fun is back and I am really looking forward to my next trip.

The caliper clips had started eating into the rotors and made grooves in the rotors. That's why they had to be replaced. I am still thinking how the hell did I burn off the pads in 17k.
Thats not too good, brake pads wearing off at 17K kms. And, when you mentioned you paid Rs.7500 was it for both front and rear? OR, is it just for front brake pads?

Iam happy that my Cruze is nearing 38,000kms and it is still on stock brake pads
Old 27th March 2013, 23:52   #1089
BHPian

Just the front pair.
BurningHeart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 13:00   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I dont do DIY, so this will have to wait till whenever I remove the box. There is a huge possibility, it'll never happen
No DIY needed. Why don't you take a speedo+tacho pic of the box in Stock Mode at 100kph and a similar pic of the box in P1?

I'm following this thread with great interest for obvious reasons.
Old 8th April 2013, 17:20   #1091
MDe
BHPian

Good to hear that your brakes are still doing good. I have been doing regular high speed drives these days and have noticed something strange. When I am on high speeds (read 150+) and I switch on my head lights (for all slow traffic on the right lane to notice me rocketing towards them), the lights on my AC console go off. When I switch off the head lights, the AC lights are back on. I noticed this strange behaviour a couple of weeks back. In fact, the AC lights would dim and fade away anyway when I was driving high speeds. Dont know if that is an issue on some functionality that I am not aware of. Would like to hear on your experience as well.
Also, today around the end of my high speed drive, I noticed a strange sound when I braked. I guess its time to get them brakes checked. Never noticed that vibration earlier. Generally I take care of the brakes well by slowing down over a distance without braking down at high speeds. Any tips for visual inspection on the brakes?
Old 10th April 2013, 12:33   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I am on high speeds (read 150+) and I switch on my head lights (for all slow traffic on the right lane to notice me rocketing towards them), the lights on my AC console go off. When I switch off the head lights, the AC lights are back on. I noticed this strange behaviour a couple of weeks back. In fact, the AC lights would dim and fade away anyway when I was driving high speeds.
Well, what you describing is indeed quite strange and I never noticed any such thing in my car. I do notice that when during dusk if i switch on my parking lights, the lights on the entire center console become a wee bit dull and you need to peer hard to see if they are on or off

Btw, why are you looking down at your center console at those speeds. It's not a good idea at all. Also, lets please refrain from quoting top/high speeds on the forum

Quote:
Also, today around the end of my high speed drive, I noticed a strange sound when I braked. I guess its time to get them brakes checked. Never noticed that vibration earlier. Generally I take care of the brakes well by slowing down over a distance without braking down at high speeds. Any tips for visual inspection on the brakes?
Oh! I guess you too must have fallen prey to early birds brake changers program

The following are the symptoms of Brake pads wearing :-

1. There will be a slight screech sound when you depress the brakes which will eventually increase as time passes and this is your biggest symptom

2. There is hardly any visual inspection you can do of brake pads without opening the wheel as calipers will be coming in line of your sight. You can inspect rotors for any uneven grooves which can add to the pads fading faster.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 13:39   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that your brakes are still doing good. I have been doing regular high speed drives these days and have noticed something strange. When I am on high speeds (read 150+) and I switch on my head lights (for all slow traffic on the right lane to notice me rocketing towards them), the lights on my AC console go off. When I switch off the head lights, the AC lights are back on. I noticed this strange behaviour a couple of weeks back. In fact, the AC lights would dim and fade away anyway when I was driving high speeds. Dont know if that is an issue on some functionality that I am not aware of. Would like to hear on your experience as well.
When you switch on the headlights (or the parking lights for that matter) the console lights are supposed to dim. You can control how much they dim by the changing the intensity of the illumination via the small dial next to the headlamp leveling knob above your right knee. Rotate it upwards to make the dash illumination brighter, or downwards to make it dimmer.

Here's a video explaining how it's done.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 17:06   #1094
BHPian

Hi Avinash,

Today I gave my cruze for servicing @ 37K. SA says that they are relplacing a wiring harness in all Cruzes FOC. Do you have any idea about this?

Also you had previously mentioned that you very not happy with AC cooling and later it was resolved. I am facing same issue and in summer it takes forever to cool, please let me know what was the issue so that I can suggest SA to check the same.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:05   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like I've been hit by the infamous AC issues experienced by many GM owners!

My AC packed up suddenly yesterday afternoon at 27k km. All I can hear is a hissing noise when the compressor comes on - no increased engine load and no cooling. Taking it to Trident tomorrow with today being Ugadi. Hope it's a simple matter but happy that it did not happen on a long drive!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks