Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 09:47   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Hi Avinash, Today I gave my cruze for servicing @ 37K. SA says that they are relplacing a wiring harness in all Cruzes FOC. Do you have any idea about this?
Thanks for the info. Iam not aware about any such thing and neither have been communicated of a replacement by the dealer. Will check with them

Also, please share info of what exactly they did at 37K kms service and total cost of same.

Quote:
Also you had previously mentioned that you very not happy with AC cooling and later it was resolved. I am facing same issue and in summer it takes forever to cool, please let me know what was the issue so that I can suggest SA to check the same.
I had the AC issue for almost a year and it took the dealership almost 3-4 attempts to fix it completely. Initially, they used to just clean the filter, check the gas and clean the vents and AC used to function nicely but, this effect used to last less than a week and issue would surface again.

But, SM personally spent some time and fixed it for good and now he is nomore with the dealership, i cannot even check with him anymore

Now even with sunfilm removed, car cools pretty fast even now in peak summer. AC works way faster and chills the car from 5pm onwards compared to peak afternoon timings

Overall, Iam happy with AC performance and its working as it should for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My AC packed up suddenly yesterday afternoon at 27k km. All I can hear is a hissing noise when the compressor comes on - no increased engine load and no cooling. Taking it to Trident tomorrow with today being Ugadi. Hope it's a simple matter but happy that it did not happen on a long drive!
Do let us know what they did exactly to your AC problem and also share if after they fix it has been completely resolved
Old 11th April 2013, 10:08   #1097
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

@mobike008 - I had posted this query a while back on the Cruze's official review thread but did not show up, probably because it wasn't the right place to be posted.

Anyhow, I just wanted to know if installing the race dynamics box voids the warranty if the car's warranty is active. Would service centre guys have anything to say on this aspect? Thanks!

EDIT: Weird! The post now shows up on the review thread! Could you please delete this post? It fits here!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th April 2013 at 10:31.
Old 11th April 2013, 10:28   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Anyhow, I just wanted to know if installing the race dynamics box voids the warranty if the car's warranty is active. Would service centre guys have anything to say on this aspect? Thanks!
From what I know from RaceDynamics, they are working with manafacturers so its available off the shelf at their respective dealerships and when that happens its but obvious warranty will be honored

Till that happens, we just have to assume warranty will be void if external factors tamper with engine performance.

Best is to give a call to RaceDynamics/Chevrolet to get a straight answer

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th April 2013 at 10:29.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 11:15   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for the info. I am not aware about any such thing and neither have been communicated of a replacement by the dealer. Will check with them

Also, please share info of what exactly they did at 37K kms service and total cost of same.
I will get my car back today, will let you know the exact details. SA said it is wiring harness for a fan.

Regarding AC he said he will change the AC filter, I am not sure if that change will sustain for long.

Got another shock when SA said I need to change my front break pads again. They had changed once at 20K. I am not sure but took a bold decision and asked him not to change. Breaking is good and I do not hear any screeching sound etc. Also this SA did not seem to know that I had changed them at 20K. He then tried to justify that break pads need to be changed every 8k - 12K kms. I got a doubt and asked for thickness of breakpads he said 1.2 (i donot know it is mm/cm etc). Today I am planning to go early and check the thickness of new breakpads and my breakpads. Any suggestions on this will help a lot.

Other issue I am facing is that my trunk is not opening by touch. I have to use remote always. May be a sensor problem.

Other than these the car is a pleasure to drive, I love it. I was actually searching for issues while giving it to servicing, no small rattles too.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:43   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding AC he said he will change the AC filter, I am not sure if that change will sustain for long.
Filter change will not really solve the problem permanently. It's something to do with internal mechanicals

Quote:
Got another shock when SA said I need to change my front break pads again. They had changed once at 20K. I am not sure but took a bold decision and asked him not to change. Breaking is good and I do not hear any screeching sound etc.
Good move. Its clear the SA is trying to take you for a ride. Do not change now till you see the symptom

Quote:
Also this SA did not seem to know that I had changed them at 20K. He then tried to justify that break pads need to be changed every 8k - 12K kms. I got a doubt and asked for thickness of breakpads he said 1.2 (i donot know it is mm/cm etc).
Brake Pads need change every 8K kms-12K kms? What's he been snorting? I recommend you speak directly to head of the service center.

I dont deal with SA's at all as each time someone new is allocated. I ask the head of the ASC to personally attend to my car

Quote:
Other issue I am facing is that my trunk is not opening by touch. I have to use remote always. May be a sensor problem.
My trunk is opened by office security every single day and this is through by touching the sensor below the boot lid and never faced a problem

Hope your unlocking the boot from inside?

Quote:
I was actually searching for issues while giving it to servicing, no small rattles too.
This is my major grouse too. I have to wrack my brains to list out the problems as there is almost none ( touchwood) and like you, not a single rattle too

Look forward to the detailed break up of 38K kms service details
Old 12th April 2013, 20:00   #1101
BHPian

Got back the car from servicing.

Quote:
Filter change will not really solve the problem permanently. It's something to do with internal mechanicals
They have done only the filter change. Since it was evening I felt it was cooling nicely, need to check in the hot sun tomorrow.

Quote:
Good move. Its clear the SA is trying to take you for a ride. Do not change now till you see the symptom
He has not changed break pad but asked me to sign saying that I do not need new Break pads.(Pending work). I have signed, I also have old breakpads changed at 20K, I will measure them and may reuse if they are good.

Quote:
My trunk is opened by office security every single day and this is through by touching the sensor below the boot lid and never faced a problem
Hope your unlocking the boot from inside?
Yes I was unlocking it. It did not open even when key was in pocket. They have replaced it within warranty. It is working fine now.

Quote:
Look forward to the detailed break up of 38K kms service details
[/quote]

Here is the break up:

Rear trunk lock switch replacement - 2918 (Warranty) - 0
Harness ASM Eng-cooling fan - 7322(warranty) - 0
AC air filter - 236
screen wash - 35

Paid service - 1200
break cleaning - rear + front - 600
consumables - 350
Labour charge - 800 (a/c vent cleaning)
service Tax - 354
spare parts tax - 310 ( this I need to check again)

Total: 3626
pach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 07:32   #1102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My AC packed up suddenly yesterday afternoon at 27k km.
UPDATE: Bad news - seems there is a component failure (yet to get exact name/SKU number) which will be covered under warranty but will take 15-20days to ship from GMDAT in S. Korea Meanwhile they will refit everything back and give back my Cruze without a working AC. Is this a joke or what?!

All this info is on the phone - going there today (Sat) morning to get back the car and get full details. Planning to escalate to GM immediately!

Can anyone help with any personal contacts in after-sales/service at GM South?

UPDATE2: Seems the AC condensor to compressor hose is damaged and will be replaced under warranty. Order was placed yesterday evening (12/4) and should be in by 17/4 or so.

Car back in as-is condition but minus AC :-(

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th April 2013 at 10:13. Reason: Merging so info remains in one post
Old 13th April 2013, 10:20   #1103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They have done only the filter change. Since it was evening I felt it was cooling nicely, need to check in the hot sun tomorrow.
Labour charge - 800 (a/c vent cleaning)
Thats a pretty high bill for such simple work. Why did they charge you Rs.800 for AC vent cleaning? I would not pay a single dime for that work as it should be covered under the regular service

When you pick up car in evening, AC effect is generally very good. Check the performance in peak afternoon and not just once, repeatedly over 2-3 days to see if issue is resolved

Quote:
UPDATE2: Seems the AC condensor to compressor hose is damaged and will be replaced under warranty. Order was placed yesterday evening (12/4) and should be in by 17/4 or so.(
I reckon its the same component which was replace for me that worked. Ever since that replacement happened within my AC unit, its working perfectly fine till now. Even I dont know what it was as at that time the SA simple said, problem resolved, you dont worry and just enjoy the car.

Quote:
Car back in as-is condition but minus AC :-(
It's best to keep the car at home and use alternate transport. It's not advisable to drive around without AC in peak summer. Keep us posted how this issue is finally resolved.
Old 18th April 2013, 17:31   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, WA's stock brake pads gave away.

Monday evening when driving back home, I heard a slight screech sound from the front wheels when brake is depressed more than usual.

I gave it for 37.500kms service and front brake replacement.

They tried selling me an AC cleansing treatment for Rs.900 which is supposed to clean odours etc. I firmly declined as there is no odour coming from the AC

Estimate that I got for this service is Rs.10,000. Let's see whats the actual bill.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img2013041500638.jpg  

Old 20th April 2013, 08:21   #1105
Distinguished - BHPian

38,000kms Service Update + Front Brake Pad Change

Chevrolet and KUN continue with their pleasure run considering the bill that was handed over to me after the 38K service.

What I asked them to do in this service :-

a) Check entire car for rattles

b) Cleane AC Filter, replinish the distill water, check the wiper blades

c) Lubricate the gear lever as I had complained the gear changes arent as smooth as before. After service now back to butter smooth operations

d) Front Brake Pad replacement

e) Rear Brake pad cleaning. SA mentioned the thickness of the pad is approx 85mm and currently rear brake pads are at 45mm thickness. He said can be used till about 20mm thickness. Can someone clarify if this is true?

f) Pollution Check

g) Specifically told them not to do wheel balance and alignment as I plan to get it done from my favorite center.

I was given an estimate of Rs.11,500 and look at this beautiful bill of Rs.8,300

I think other members are paying Rs.7,500 for front brake pads. Apparently some dealers are taking advantage of customers

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img2013041900685.jpg

Without even asking, stock brake pads were kept inside my car. It seems its their normal practice to give away the wear and tear part back to customers. Others have similar experience?

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img2013041900688.jpg

Iam now all set for another 7,500kms of blissfull driving

P.S: I forgot to ask them for a discount which they normally give in the range of 10%-15%...LOL
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:35   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chevrolet and KUN continue with their pleasure run
Avi,

This is one dealer with proper & consistent Customer service, I have been noticing in your thread. Good job done by him and it takes so much to get that credit from A.S.C, now a days!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 19:43   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Charges seem to be quite reasonable. And yes, most service centers give back the old parts without asking. I found only Maruti not sticking to this sometimes.
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:33   #1108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And yes, most service centers give back the old parts without asking. I found only Maruti not sticking to this sometimes.
I never ask MASS to return the old parts after a replacement but I find my boot full of them after the car returns from service.

It feels like MASS has dumped the parts from other cars in my car to dispose them off.

The SA there say it is upto the customer as to what he wants to with the old parts but they will not retain them after the car is serviced. I asked why this attitude, the SA says they have had a few bitter experiences with customer where they shout for not getting their old parts after the service.

Anurag.
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:24   #1109
Distinguished - BHPian

Completely confused! Here is my part sticker. Is it because these parts have been imported at different times and the volatile rupee is the cause?

Further, please see the residual thickness of my front pads. As a policy, Chevy BLR dealers ALWAYS keeps the replaced parts in the boot after service. Only thing they don't return is the used oil/fuel filters due to mess/leakage etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-snap-cruze-frt-brk-pad-kit-price.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-snap-cruze-frt-brk-pads-1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-snap-cruze-frt-brk-pads-2.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-snap-cruze-frt-brk-pads-3.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-snap-cruze-frt-brk-pads-4.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd April 2013 at 12:42. Reason: fixed quote
Old 24th April 2013, 22:53   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
e) Rear Brake pad cleaning. SA mentioned the thickness of the pad is approx 85mm and currently rear brake pads are at 45mm thickness. He said can be used till about 20mm thickness. Can someone clarify if this is true?

f) Pollution Check

g) Specifically told them not to do wheel balance and alignment as I plan to get it done from my favorite center.

I was given an estimate of Rs.11,500 and look at this beautiful bill of Rs.8,300

I think other members are paying Rs.7,500 for front brake pads. Apparently some dealers are taking advantage of customers
Good info. I think I gave in quite early. Will watch out next time, but my rotors were clearly damaged.

Quote:
P.S: I forgot to ask them for a discount which they normally give in the range of 10%-15%...LOL
Hmmm...a few days ago Trident had monsoon check up. I was sent a 15% discount voucher. But is this common practice in Hyd?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks