Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 22:47   #1141
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yeah, the front bumper especially has taken lot of hits due to gentle touches to front vehicles in bumper to bumper situations, will gift WA new painted bumpers on its 3rd birthday next month.

Quote:
OVRM indicators are not standard but, an additional fit that i got done when took delivery. Cost was INR 2,500/-
Hence asked. They don't appear OE.
Old 11th July 2013, 16:25   #1142
MDe
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:

Hyderabad to Coorg ( 925kms)

This is the second longest drive in the Cruze in a single day and it was indeed tiring as did 550kms in 5 hours and remaining in about 9 hours including 2-3 breaks

Last 100kms of the drive was pure bliss and drove in torrential rains through hilly terrain and losing our way in coorg mountains in pitch dark ghats in heavy rains, zero visiblity etc. It was an adventure to remember
Great to see another long drive on your thread. 925Kms in a day is really long by any standards. You have a good driving ability.
A couple of pictures show jungle roads (read no roads). Was that the shortcut that you took? Definitely doesnt look like a road for normal cars.
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 16:34   #1143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Great to see another long drive on your thread. 925Kms in a day is really long by any standards. You have a good driving ability.
A couple of pictures show jungle roads (read no roads). Was that the shortcut that you took? Definitely doesnt look like a road for normal cars.
Thanks. It was indeed a long drive. It left me completely sapped at the end not due to the overall time but, due to the road, weather and little panicky condition as we got lost in the hills with really narrow roads with zero visibility and heavy rains

Cruze performed impeccably as usual. No trouble anywhere

That road which your referring to is the last portion to reach the resort that is done in a 4X4 jeep. Even to the place where my car was parked was not a great road, infact there was no road
Old 12th July 2013, 01:10   #1144
BHPian

Need help!

This morning, some debris metal with very sharp edges cut my rear right side tyre (the front wheel went over it). I had not actually seen it, on the Old Madras Road, while approaching. It is a small broken piece of the suitcase trolley wheel, but with sharp edges.

Now the tyre is useless. Carcass cut and the steel wires were also cut. Now this is a Michelin PLC on the Cruze (205/16 R16).

My 5th is a JK Vectra. Should I get another Vectra as the replacement or another Michelin PLC?

Honestly, I am fed up of Michelin (I had a sidewall cut, 2 punctures in 22k kms) and I should have taken Ashwin's (Sai Iyengar) advice to get Yoko dbDrives.

What are my options?

Btw, here is a picture of my car@Cavelossim, Goa. Taken 2012 October. The inner sides of the alloys were dark with highway grim. I like that effect, rather than a fully black alloy on a white car.

BH
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc00333_small.jpg  

Last edited by BurningHeart : 12th July 2013 at 01:22.
Old 12th July 2013, 17:52   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
My 5th is a JK Vectra. Should I get another Vectra as the replacement or another Michelin PLC?

Honestly, I am fed up of Michelin (I had a sidewall cut, 2 punctures in 22k kms) and I should have taken Ashwin's (Sai Iyengar) advice to get Yoko dbDrives.

What are my options?
Brand of the tyre doesnt make any difference when your replacing tyres. But, for sake of continuity its always best to use all 4 tyres of same brand

You can look at CPC2 as well. My tyres at 42,500kms have just 2 punctures and stephey is as good as new

My next set of tyres are already decided. It will be the CPC2 only.....

Insurance Renewal Update
Finally decided to go ahead with L&T Insurance as their quote was the lowers at Rs.13,400 for an IDV value of INR 9.00 Lakhs

They are throwing in 3K worth of coupons for Interior Cleaning, WA &WB, Polishing, Washing etc from Carnation

Not a bad deal. Eh?
Old 12th July 2013, 23:28   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Brand of the tyre doesnt make any difference when your replacing tyres. But, for sake of continuity its always best to use all 4 tyres of same brand

You can look at CPC2 as well. My tyres at 42,500kms have just 2 punctures and stephey is as good as new

My next set of tyres are already decided. It will be the CPC2 only.....

Insurance Renewal Update
Finally decided to go ahead with L&T Insurance as their quote was the lowers at Rs.13,400 for an IDV value of INR 9.00 Lakhs

They are throwing in 3K worth of coupons for Interior Cleaning, WA &WB, Polishing, Washing etc from Carnation

Not a bad deal. Eh?
Yes, it is a good deal. That makes the two of us with L&T (may be I should ask for referral bonus).

Btw, I think I will pick up another PLC over the weekend. My next set of tyres is also decided, whenever it is due. It is not PLC! Thats what I know.
Old 13th July 2013, 01:16   #1147
BHPian

I second that regarding Michelin Plc tyres. Yes they are noiseless comfort oriented high speed tyres but they are not fit for our pothole ridden highways. On my cruze I also suffered a side wall tear just 4000 Kms down the road. Now whenever on highway I have to keep an eagle eye for potholes and this takes the fun out of the drive.
Old 15th July 2013, 11:30   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
What are my options?
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo should be your choice.
brraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 19:05   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Insurance Renewal Update

Not a bad deal. Eh?
Good deal in my opinion, Avinash!

I settled for Rs. 14,600 with 25% NCB for IDV of 9.5 lakhs from Bajaj Allianz. What is your NCB now?
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:21   #1150
MDe
BHPian

I read your update on the brake pads some time back as I have been dreading the day of hearing the news on my brakes. This weekend, I gave the car for the 25k service and got the news from the SA that the front brake pads are gone and need to be replaced. I was surprised because I havent felt any performance issue on the brake or any noises. generally, I use the brakes only when needed so it shouldnt wear off that soon. This was at the Hafeezpet Kun center. When I asked about the width left, he had no clue nor did he have a clue on the actual size (which I read from your post as 85mm). He gave me an estimate of 7500 for front brake pads, so I researched back on your thread and gave them a call back about the charges that you paid. After some discussion, his quote came down to 6K+taxes. When I received the car, they had returned the used pads. I do not have a clue on what worn out pads looks like, so not sure if they are really worn out. Surprisingly, the bill showed the cost as 4800+taxes+fitting charges which were anyway much lesser than the quote that was given. I still dont feel any difference in braking.
What I was also told is that the battery was completely dry, it was again surprising as I have been getting all servicing done as per the 5K schedule and these were the guys who did the last service. Obviously they dint look at the battery last time.

On the Insurance side, I havent read much about the service from L&T. I know for sure that they are the cheapest ones around. Hope they are good.
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:10   #1151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I gave the car for the 25k service and got the news from the SA that the front brake pads are gone and need to be replaced. I was surprised because I havent felt any performance issue on the brake or any noises.
You clearly seem to have been taken for a ride. Is it a manual or AT?

I would have insisted them to just clean and replace the discs and give it when the symptom ( grating noise) crops up

I have gotten my brake pads replaced only after getting the noise.
Old 23rd July 2013, 09:43   #1152
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
You clearly seem to have been taken for a ride. Is it a manual or AT?

I would have insisted them to just clean and replace the discs and give it when the symptom ( grating noise) crops up
Mine is also an MT.
I am thinking on the same lines. I do have the pads that they removed. I need to consider matching it to the new ones possibly. There was absolutely no harshness in braking and that is why I was surprised. The discs are fine, the pads were changed. I can think of putting the complain if I am sure that the replaced pads were still good.
Old 23rd July 2013, 21:17   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Topped up fuel last evening and got an exact 13kmpl in city condition with 100% AC

What is most suprising is that this tank saw the most amount of idling with AC on due to hot weather. Stop at a point and keep the car ON with AC switched ON for long periods.

A rough guess would be atleast 1.5 hours of idling in this tankful. So impressed with the FE even more.

Btw, ordered for Cruze body cover from Tradus.com for Rs.580

When I called KUN dealership, they quoted Rs.1900 for the body cover

That's pretty nice FE. However the Mumbai driving which has daily 40 minutes of idling in 1 hr drive of 12 km travel the best I could get in automatic has been 9. In the current rain condition it has dropped down to 7.9Km/L.
Old 10th August 2013, 12:29   #1154
BHPian

There is a rattling noise from the left front side when on uneven roads from my cruze which has run 15000 km,Any idea what it can be,it is very annoying all help appreciated.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:59   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
There is a rattling noise from the left front side when on uneven roads from my cruze which has run 15000 km,Any idea what it can be,it is very annoying all help appreciated.
Is the slight rattling coming from the passenger side (door/seats?). If yes, then its pretty normal as it appears during the monsoon season and disappears on its own. Wierd as it may sound but, its true

And, the rattling is very light nothing that I ever worried about and after rains the car becomes super silent as before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks