Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 17:12   #1171
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Dear Mobike008,

My Cruze (White LTZ AT) touched 45k last month. Exactly after 3 years. I had taken a free maintenance package and paid nothing for last 3 years.

Now I am worried for the next service as this one is going to be the first major service. Just wanted to know what all would be done in the service and expected cost for them same.

Also I got my insurance from L&T last month. For IDV value of 9.40L I paid approximately 19k.

Kindly go through the attachment and see whether I paid more or its same as yours.

Thanks

INV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Brand of the tyre doesnt make any difference when your replacing tyres. But, for sake of continuity its always best to use all 4 tyres of same brand

You can look at CPC2 as well. My tyres at 42,500kms have just 2 punctures and stephey is as good as new

My next set of tyres are already decided. It will be the CPC2 only.....

Insurance Renewal Update
Finally decided to go ahead with L&T Insurance as their quote was the lowers at Rs.13,400 for an IDV value of INR 9.00 Lakhs

They are throwing in 3K worth of coupons for Interior Cleaning, WA &WB, Polishing, Washing etc from Carnation

Not a bad deal. Eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-lt.jpg  

Last edited by i_nv : 27th September 2013 at 17:14.
Old 27th September 2013, 17:46   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Now I am worried for the next service as this one is going to be the first major service. Just wanted to know what all would be done in the service and expected cost for them same.
Well, you neednt worry too much as i havent incurred any major costs till now including the 45,000kms service.

You have finished your 45K kms service as part of the package or its yet to be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Also I got my insurance from L&T last month. For IDV value of 9.40L I paid approximately 19k.
At the outset, I have to tell you its extremely high amount that you paid considering the following points

1. Your car is an AT and is easily 2 lakhs more expensive than mine. Yet, the IDV after 3 years is almost same as mine ( just 40K difference)

2. Assuming there is no claim in previous year

You should have paid not more than 14-14.5K for your renewal this year at 9.40 Lakh IDV. Sorry you have been taken for a ride
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:51   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

WA has been doing great with its daily run of ~55kms to work and back home and since I have completed 46,700kms and still running on original tyres,

I have decided not to take the car out for any outstation trips not that any are planned until Dec-2013

Tyre depth is still pretty decent for 3 out of 5 tyres. Iam just trying to postpone the purchase of new tyres as iam not in rush to get them changed immediately as good for city runs

Its almost certain the new tyres will be either PS3 or CPC2

Btw, couple of days ago when I refueled, I got my worst city average till date since I purchased the car.

After covering 550kms, car took in 51L till auto-cut off (my standard method of tankful to tankful) translating to 10.80kmpl
Old 9th October 2013, 22:35   #1174
BHPian

Well I haven't seen my Automatic ever reaching double digits in Mumbai city. All I get is 6.9 or 7.8 depending on my turning off the engine when stuck at signals for more than 7 mins at a stretch.
Old 11th October 2013, 11:38   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Well I haven't seen my Automatic ever reaching double digits in Mumbai city. All I get is 6.9 or 7.8 depending on my turning off the engine when stuck at signals for more than 7 mins at a stretch.
Single digit always hurts. Thankfully I have never gotten down to digit that is lower than 10.80kmpl till date.

Infact, couple of days ago got caught in the worst traffic jam of my life which took me 2 hours to cover about 6kms and I seem to be getting a "better" FE than my previous refill ( will know it next week when I actually do the refill).

Strange behaviours of cars...eh?
Old 15th October 2013, 18:20   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Rajan, i bought an accessory cover which has indicator lights on it which is a cover on top of the ORVM for about Rs.2700.

I have no clue of cost for the ORVM assembly. I suggest you get hold of a copy of Autocar July'10 where Cruze spare part costs were outlined.

Having said that, 9K for a single ORVM is simply ridiculous.

Been meaning to get these for my car. My concern is that the light strip on the cover becomes dull and yellow in time. Has this happened to you? How long have you had them?
Old 16th October 2013, 10:48   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange behaviours of cars...eh?
Multiple factors - weather (specifically temperature and humidity, which determines how hard the AC works, and also determines density, which has a direct bearing on F/E), road surface, improvement in driver's own understanding of the car over time, and I don't know if this happens in the Cruze (and specifically, I your modified one) but how the ECU "learns" the driver's driving characteristics over time and adjusts everything accordingly.

These result in incremental/decremental changes only, though.

What happened to the radiator cooling fan wire? Got a replacement yet? Do get it before your next trip out at least.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 11:05   #1178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Been meaning to get these for my car. My concern is that the light strip on the cover becomes dull and yellow in time. Has this happened to you? How long have you had them?
I have got them right from the showroom when I took delivery which is Aug-2010, so its 3+ years and even till date the lights look decently bright and have been performing consistently.

I got them for Rs.2600 then, not sure how much they cost you now. If you dont care for the different look than the OEM fitment, then its a VFM option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Multiple factors - weather (specifically temperature and humidity, which determines how hard the AC works, and also determines density, which has a direct bearing on F/E), road surface, improvement in driver's own understanding of the car over time, and I don't know if this happens in the Cruze (and specifically, I your modified one) but how the ECU "learns" the driver's driving characteristics over time and adjusts everything accordingly.

These result in incremental/decremental changes only, though.

What happened to the radiator cooling fan wire? Got a replacement yet? Do get it before your next trip out at least.
Iam sure all thos factors definetly play in the overall characteristics and FE of the car but, we are speaking of car running over almost the same stretch of road 90% of the time between 2 refills giving a different FE figure with almost 99% similar speeds is slightly befuddling

In this tankful with the horrendous traffic jam included, I have already completed 545kms and needle is a little above the final 1/4th which means this tankful will yeild atleast 12kmpl of not 12.5kmpl

Thanks for the reminder of the cooling belt. Will check it out over the weekend.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 11:32   #1179
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Iam sure all thos factors definetly play in the overall characteristics and FE of the car but, we are speaking of car running over almost the same stretch of road 90% of the time between 2 refills giving a different FE figure with almost 99% similar speeds is slightly befuddling

In this tankful with the horrendous traffic jam included, I have already completed 545kms and needle is a little above the final 1/4th which means this tankful will yeild atleast 12kmpl of not 12.5kmpl
Quote:
Btw, couple of days ago when I refueled, I got my worst city average till date since I purchased the car.

After covering 550kms, car took in 51L till auto-cut off (my standard method of tankful to tankful) translating to 10.80kmpl
Only variable seems to be fuel quality in this case. Did you tank up from the same bunk?

Last edited by Racedynamics : 16th October 2013 at 11:37.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:40   #1180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
Only variable seems to be fuel quality in this case. Did you tank up from the same bunk?
Thanks for the pointer which I missed spelling out in previous post. Yes, I fill diesel from same bunk 9/10 times.
Old 20th October 2013, 10:23   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

WA now shod with Michelin Primacy 3 ST :)

After contemplating for more than a week on which tyre to buy and also going through some drama with a dealer friend who said he had stock of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (PS3) and finally confirming that it was a mistake and he misunderstood the new model from Michelin which is 3 ST

I never thought I will face a dilemma like I did in getting new tyres for the Cruze as its stock size (205/60/R16) is quite rare and comes only in few other models like Sonata and a few other cars.

Once it became clear that PS3 are indeed phased out and also not available in size i wanted ( they come only in 225 section), I finally shortlisted the following tyres :-

1. Yokohomo DB ES 501
2. Goodyear Assurance ( Premium Tyres from Bridgestone and was really being pushed by the dealer and for a moment I was tempted as price was 5500 per tyre)
3. Michelin Primacy 3 ST

Yokohomo DB ES 501

It received good reviews from users that I took feedback from but, was finally went out of my shortlist because their primary strength was low noise. Nobody seemed to speak anything apart from low noise. Besides, it had a 92 H rating which was lower than the Michelin

92 (Load Capacity) : 670kgs per tyre
H (Speed Rating) : 210kmph ( As per the dealer)

Price quoted for Yoko 205 was INR 8.9K per tyre and 215 had a different pattern and tyre ( A348) which looked like a truck tyre. Nobody had the DB in 215 size and someone even said they dont come in 215 section which I know isnt true.

Goodyear Assurance

This is stock tyre on Ford Ecosport and due to mass fitment, dealer mentioned its coming it a delicious price of 5.5K per tyre thought its a premium tyre. I was not convinced at all and quickly chucked it out of my contention

Michelin Primacy 3 ST

92 (Load Capacity) : 670kgs per tyre
V (Speed Rating) : 240kmph ( As per the dealer)

Firstly, Michelin is slowly and steadily phasing out all its models like PS3, LC, HP etc and will be only retaining two models in future. XM Series uptil 15" wheels and Primacy 3 ST which will be available from 16" and above.

3 ST is a tyre made specifically for the S.E A market and their weather and road conditions and was launched in Malaysia in July 2013. Michelin has tested these tyres for more than 1.3 Million kms in the S.E region before releasing these tyres.

Some additional information about this new model from Michelin can be found in these links :-

http://paultan.org/2013/07/03/michel...laysia-launch/

http://www.philstar.com/motoring/201...o-yai-thailand

http://paultan.org/2013/06/22/michel...y-3-st-tested/

To cut a long story short, out of all options available, Michelin Primacy 3 ST in 205/60/R16 made most sense as the 215 section were coming at a ridiculous price.

Finally got them installed yesterday (Bought 5 tyres) for 9.5K per piece including alignment, balance etc and drove just 10kms till now. Tyres are 25/13 manafactured which means June 2013 manafactured. Will post a detailed report on feedback of these tyres after a few hundres kilometers.

My old 5 tyres fetched an outstanding price of Rs.500

P.S: Thanks to Karan561, Santoshbhat and Nikhil for their invaluable contribution towards my decision making

Time for some pictures to do the talking, sorry for poor quality as all taken from my blackberry :-

Best tyre from the lot of CPC2, others had lot more fade

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001283.jpg

Michelin Primacy 3 ST

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001289.jpg

Close up of the 3 ST
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001279.jpg

Yokohoma DB ES501 vs. Goodyear Assurance vs. Michelin Primacy 3ST

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001281.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001288.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001290.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001292.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001291.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001296.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00001297.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th October 2013 at 11:28. Reason: Mixed up Goodyear name
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 10:47   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Avi congrats on the tyres buddy. PS3 is an awesome tyre. One questions:the tread on the PS3 looks like unidirectional tyres. is that true? if yes, then you will need to do rotation very regularly and carefully.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 10:51   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Re: WA now shod with Michelin Primacy 3 ST :)

Quote:
Finally got them installed yesterday (Bought 5 tyres) for 9.5K per piece including alignment, balance etc and drove just 10kms till now. Tyres are 25/13 manafactured which means June 2013 manafactured. Will post a detailed report on feedback of these tyres after a few hundres kilometers.
A little surprised to note that you didn't go for CPC again. What was the dealer's feedback on Bridgestone MY02, was he not pushing them ?

40K - Ouch !
Old 20th October 2013, 11:24   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Avi congrats on the tyres buddy. PS3 is an awesome tyre. One questions:the tread on the PS3 looks like unidirectional tyres. is that true? if yes, then you will need to do rotation very regularly and carefully.
Sorry, I mixed up the name. Its Goodyear Assurance ( Edited my previous post) and not Bridgestone. I didnt even consider Bridgestone

Btw, the tyre which i finally chose is not a PS3, It's Michelin Primacy 3 ST ( ST stands for Silence Tuned)

Treads on these tyres are not unidirectional but a standard pattern with different grooves as per specific design of these tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
A little surprised to note that you didn't go for CPC again. What was the dealer's feedback on Bridgestone MY02, was he not pushing them ?
I was so happy with CPC2 that it was my first choice. But, shockingly none of the dealers seem to acknowledge its presence nor were willing to push it. Either they dont have stock or say they dont sell much. I was a bit taken aback getting feedback for a tyre that I loved and enjoyed for 47,000kms

I decided to look at other brands and based on parameters outlined in previous post. 3 ST won

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
40K - Ouch !
I didnt get this one??? I paid INR 47,500 for a set of 5 tyres.
Old 20th October 2013, 11:30   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt get this one??? I paid INR 47,500 for a set of 5 tyres.
I meant, that it is a huge expense, 50K, I think you might have been saving up for the same and is more of a planned expense than a unplanned one.

Most Viewed