Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:38   #1276
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Clutch problem is not there now but little bit hard but drivable.But today some issue for ac came,its compressor is not working only the blower is working and in the display screen its showing -45 degrees. .i checked with a local garage but gas everything is fine..Anybody faced the same issue.if so please advice me how to rectify it...
Well, I never faced this exact issue.

In the initial days, my Cruze AC was quite ineffective ( as in it wont chill as it should) and despite twice the ASC trying to rectify, it just didnt get rectified till the 3rd attempt when this problem was completely resolved and never re-occured.

Only thing that could be going wrong with the AC unit is

1. Compressor related issue
2. AC Gas getting over
3. Dirt of something else getting stuck in the filter

Please have the above 3 parameters checked again. Hopefully, it should get resolved
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 13:28   #1277
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

General Update (56,000kms)

WA is almost nearing 56,000kms and there is actually nothing substantial to report except that everything is working as it should and continuing to give its owner immense pleasure with its power (loving the RaceDynamics and its working really well and no issues with it at all) and overall dynamics

I had got my car shod with Michelin Primacy 3ST at 47,000kms and have now completed 9000kms and totally enjoying the silence, grip and comfort of these tyres. Worth every penny !!!

I got it wheel aligned and balanced about 100kms ago and everything is working really well

Tanked up today morning and trip reading was 637kms and 53L went into the tank at auto-cut translating to its consistent 12kmpl for city driving and it goes through its speed-runs almost on a daily basis
Old 6th May 2014, 13:37   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
General Update (56,000kms)

I got it wheel aligned and balanced about 100kms ago and everything is working really well

Tanked up today morning and trip reading was 637kms and 53L went into the tank at auto-cut translating to its consistent 12kmpl for city driving and it goes through its speed-runs almost on a daily basis
No kidding. I have seen you zooming by many times.

Anyway, where do you get your WA done? Is there a regular guy you go to that you would recommend?
Old 6th May 2014, 14:44   #1279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
No kidding. I have seen you zooming by many times.
Nice to know that. Where have you spotted me and what do you drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Anyway, where do you get your WA done? Is there a regular guy you go to that you would recommend?
Done in sense the service? If yes, then its always at KUN dealership of Chevy as I had a blissful run with them till date

With regards to Wheel Alignment and Balance, yet again, always at "Mohan Chandra" at Lower Tank Bund Road
Old 6th May 2014, 15:03   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to know that. Where have you spotted me and what do you drive?
I stay in Narsingi and have seen you many times crossing the narsingi area in the morning. I presume this is the route you take to work.

In fact you were the first guy that honked and waved at me when you saw the TBHP sticker on my car. I drive a black Indica Vista.
This was some time ago so you would need to jog your memory.
bigben is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 16:47   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Clutch problem is not there now but little bit hard but drivable.But today some issue for ac came,its compressor is not working only the blower is working and in the display screen its showing -45 degrees. .i checked with a local garage but gas everything is fine..Anybody faced the same issue.if so please advice me how to rectify it...
The clutch is usually hard due to clutch release bearing. Try getting it lubricated if it's possible. If u have clutch plate problem the clutch starts slipping which isn't happening in Ur car
V12Doc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 18:36   #1282
BHPian

I had finally replaced my clutch from ASC.The bill initially quoted was a whopping 65k estimate as along with the clutch disc and pads ,Flywheel,pressure plate and both front and brake pads were gone because as per the service advisor i had driven inspite of the clutch gone and hence all these parts have to be replaced.And as it comes under wear and tear parts i couldnt get the warranty.Mine is a 2011 november LT model.But still i tried my luck by sending a mail to GM and they replaced the flywheel which costs around 32k as a Goodwill inspite of it doesnt come under warranty.Now the clutch has become smoother.But then yesterday when i started my car it was not starting,it was not even cranking but then all the displays inside the cabin was lighting up including the display and mine is just 2 months old battery.so i reckon its not battery problem.But then after some inspection it got started while slight pressing the accelerator in the nuetral mode while cranking .But then when i leave the accelerator the engine gests switched off by showing the preheat indicator (i am not sure what exactly that means) I can drive the vehicle by not taking the foot from the accelerator .Please help me rectify this issue
PS: Does the AC sensor comes under Warranty.As my Ac is showing -40 when the car gets heated and after parking at my apartment the next day morning it works fine.

Last edited by lancer_maniac : 13th May 2014 at 18:43.
Old 15th May 2014, 17:28   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:

1. ABS Light was on for last one week and had already driven about 150kms with it ON. I was under the impression it could be sensor becoming loose or perhaps some dirt on it.

During the afternoon I received a call from SA and he told me one of the sensor for ABS has gone kaput due to rats eating into the wires and needs to be replaced. Cost was 2.2K. I told them to go ahead

Reasons :-
2. I was told their electrician worked till 9pm and fixed the broken wires instead of replacing with a new sensor. So no cost of new sensor

Imagine, it would have been so simple for them to just replace the brake pads and replace with a new sensor for ABS. NO, they decide to come clean with me on both these aspects

This is the level of service iam getting from GM/KUN. Kudos !!
Yesterday, I faced this issue once again (after Septermber-2013 and 10,500kms later this issue re-appeared)

Even as I type this post, ABS light remains on and I plan to take the WA to service center this evening

Lets see what happens this time :-

1. They again fix the wiring and charge me nothing

2. OR, change the sensor ( assuming one of them has gone kaput) and charge me 2.2K for it
Old 20th May 2014, 10:36   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Mobike,

Good to know your WA is doing fine :-)

Faced issues with my AC sensor showing -40C during the recent rains in BLR; automatically corrected itself the next morning. Will get it checked this week during my final 3 year service with nearly 45k km on the clock as on date.

Have also decided to go for the 4th & 5th year warranty by paying Rs. 15,500. Very happy with the car so see no earthly need to sell it for a 4x4 Terrano or Duster as per my original plan!

Clutch changed at my expense (24k) but flywheel changed under warranty. Additionally, front struts being changedunder warranty too!

Upcoming expenses will be rear brake pads (still on OEM), at least 2 tyres (see my post on the Cruze tyres thread for the Alnac 4G), both bumpers touch-up plus a good 3M treatment.

Anything else I have missed out? :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th May 2014 at 10:46. Reason: Spelling
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 17:13   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Have also decided to go for the 4th & 5th year warranty by paying Rs. 15,500. Very happy with the car so see no earthly need to sell it for a 4x4 Terrano or Duster as per my original plan!
I have not opted for the 4th and 5th year warranty. I will complete 4 years in Aug'14. Do you think it makes sense to get it now?

Quote:
Clutch changed at my expense (24k) but flywheel changed under warranty. Additionally, front struts being changedunder warranty too!
I see lot of people change the clutch at such an early stage. Mine is still pretty good ( touchwood), dont know when that day will come.

Quote:
Upcoming expenses will be rear brake pads (still on OEM), at least 2 tyres (see my post on the Cruze tyres thread for the Alnac 4G), both bumpers touch-up plus a good 3M treatment.
Stock rear brake pads till 45K kms is superb

Anything else I have missed out? [/quote]

Quote:
Yesterday, I faced this issue once again (after Septermber-2013 and 10,500kms later this issue re-appeared)

Even as I type this post, ABS light remains on and I plan to take the WA to service center this evening

Lets see what happens this time :-

1. They again fix the wiring and charge me nothing

2. OR, change the sensor ( assuming one of them has gone kaput) and charge me 2.2K for it
My car was delivered promptly last friday and similar to what happened last time, the wires were fixed and returned after cleaning all brakes and washing the car

Cost to me was INR 730

Didnt use the car over the weekend and when I took the car out for work yesterday, same issue cropped up and SA was super prompt and took the car this morning from home and delivered it back by 3:00pm after fixing the ABS sensor wires yet again as he confirmed they are being eaten by RATS !!!!!!!

Yet again kudos to KUN for coming out honest and not saying sensor has gone kaput and charge me 3.2K per sensor !!

Problem : Apparently my parking area has some problems with rats so i have to find a solution or keep facing this issue again and again
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140519_092011.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140519_092035.jpg  

Old 21st May 2014, 10:18   #1286
BHPian

Hi,

I have a few concerns after reading the maintenance issues here. My car has done ~57,000 KM and I am still running on stock tires, stock brake pads, etc. (in fact everything is as it came with the car , nothing changed). I have regular service (every 15,000 KM as stated in the service book) at authorized service center, but they have never advised me to change any of the parts yet. I am concerned that they are just trying to avoid replacing parts under warranty. The only problem I am currently facing is the noise from AC compressor.

My next service is at 60,000 KM , which will be due in next month. Can anyone give me a checklist of thing/parts that should be checked and replaced.

PS - I live in Thailand. My Cruze is 1.8L AT (Petrol).

Thanks n Regards.

Last edited by DevilsDoggie : 21st May 2014 at 10:20. Reason: missed something.
Old 21st May 2014, 10:59   #1287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Problem : Apparently my parking area has some problems with rats so i have to find a solution or keep facing this issue again and again
Keep Rat cakes, when you park and you will see that it has disappeared in the morning. Continue doing this till they stop disappearing and for a day or two more. Only approach that works for me, happens during winter esp when the buggers come in for warmth.

Might want to keep it an difficult spot, if you have pets around the parking area.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 12:16   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevy EW purchase after 3 years

Quote:
I have not opted for the 4th and 5th year warranty. I will complete 4 years in Aug'14. Do you think it makes sense to get it now?
Check out the attachment. While everything states that owners have to buy this EW before the expiry of 3 years, i.e. within the standard warranty period, the callout at the bottom says "EXTENDED WARRANTY is applicable for out-of-warranty cars also"

Had checked with the Trident guys here - all of them sure that it has to be bought before 3 years. Could be sales talk too :-)

Confusing so best to give a call to your SA in HYD and ask.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chevy EW scan.pdf (348.8 KB, 508 views)
Old 21st May 2014, 15:06   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
My next service is at 60,000 KM , which will be due in next month. Can anyone give me a checklist of thing/parts that should be checked and replaced.
Nice to know your Cruze is doing well. The noise from AC compressor could be mostly due to the blower, do get that checked out

Iam also bit concerned about the 60k kms service as the SA warned me it will cost me 30K-40K

From my limited knowledge the following components will be changed for the Diesel Cruze ( more or less same will be for Cruze Petrol as well)

1. Oil Change
2. Oil Filter Change
3. Brake Pads ( if they aren't in decent shape)
4. Timing Belt
5. Clutch Service (I think they will clean and install back)
6. Some oil replacements like Transmission, Gear etc (I have not looked at my manual yet but, this is my guess)

Iam going to extend my next 4000kms so as to avoid 60,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Keep Rat cakes, when you park and you will see that it has disappeared in the morning. Continue doing this till they stop disappearing and for a day or two more.
Thanks, thats a great idea. Never dealt personally with those furry animals till date but, I reckon the time to just do that

Quote:
Confusing so best to give a call to your SA in HYD and ask.
I know for sure that you can buy the EW even after existing warranty has expired because I have received calls a couple of times from KUN offering it just a month or two back whereas mine has expired in Aug-2013

My query was does it makes sense to pay for warranty at this stage when most of the warranty parts are functioning as they should and if anything happens for any component they will call it as "wear & tear" and may not cover in warranty

It would be interesting if someone can contribute a list of "major" items that can go kaput after 60,000kms and is covered by Warranty??
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:12   #1290
BHPian

Quote:

1. Oil Change
2. Oil Filter Change
3. Brake Pads ( if they aren't in decent shape)
4. Timing Belt
5. Clutch Service (I think they will clean and install back)
6. Some oil replacements like Transmission, Gear etc (I have not looked at my manual yet but, this is my guess)
Thanks for the Advice Mobike008.

Every service that has been done so far included - Oil change, filter change, etc. I think the brake pads would be due for a change this time. Even if they are not, I am planning to have them replaced with Brembo. I drive about 120 KMs everyday at speeds ranging from 80~120 KM/Hr, and it is risky to have faulty brakes.

What is the basis of expensive service at 60K Km.? I was told that the engine needs overhaul only after 100K Km. Will need to check again.

Regarding the tires, I am planning to change them soon as well. What brand and size do you recommend? (preferred for highway driving with low noise)
Should I go for a wider (215) tires? or stick to standard (205) size?

Most Viewed