Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:35   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
Regarding the tires, I am planning to change them soon as well. What brand and size do you recommend? (preferred for highway driving with low noise)
Apart from brakes, tyres are the other important aspect in any vehicle. Iam actually paranoid about it and would instal ONLY the best irrespective of how expensive they come

I have chosen Michelin Primacy 3ST which is actually a tyre introduced by Michelin late last year specially for warm countries like us and where you live. Infact, it was introduced first in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
Should I go for a wider (215) tires? or stick to standard (205) size?
I would recommend you to stick to stock configuration (205)

Here are some posts on this thread you can read to know more about my tyre research, feedback and subsequent installation

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3270423

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3273301
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 11:58   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Mobike,

Got the car back with both front struts changed under warranty (around 6k each). AC sensor wiring was found to be bitten through by rats and was repaired.

Car serviced for 45k km and 3 years and feels superb without the niggling suspension noise! Cost was 8k including engine tuning, general checkup, replacement of fuel filter (1.8k!) and air filter (0.8k) and F/R brake pad cleaning. Engne oil changed at around 38k km so fine for now.

Discussed the next big capex with the SA and he mentioned 60k km service will mean around 24k minimum for the timing belt kit which incudes multiple belts, idler pulley plus replacement of coolant, clutch/brake fluid etc. Labour extra!

Extended Warranty:
Will buy the 4/5 extended warranty early next month. Looking forward to keeping it for 2 more years as of now. Probably doesn't make sense for you any more having crossed into Year 5 nearly.

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th May 2014 at 11:59. Reason: Typo
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 13:46   #1293
Distinguished - BHPian

Pictures of my replaced struts plus the current parts list displayed at the workshop.

Has all GM vehicles and claims to be updated as on date :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-parts-pricelist_resized.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-struts_resized.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 10:19   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Good deal in my opinion, Avinash!

I settled for Rs. 14,600 with 25% NCB for IDV of 9.5 lakhs from Bajaj Allianz. What is your NCB now?
Mobike,

Bajaj Allianz has just quoted Rs. 13.8k with 35% NCB with IDV of 9 lakhs. Is this good? Planning to check out your L&T Insurance as well.
Old 27th May 2014, 15:09   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Discussed the next big capex with the SA and he mentioned 60k km service will mean around 24k minimum for the timing belt kit which incudes multiple belts, idler pulley plus replacement of coolant, clutch/brake fluid etc. Labour extra!
Thanks for this input. So I guess the 30K+ cost now seems clear with 24K only for the timing belt replacement

24K + another 10K for general service and oil change means we should be looking at atleast 35K for the 60,000kms service

Well, till date my service bill never crossed 10K so I guess I should be balking at this service cost

Quote:
Bajaj Allianz has just quoted Rs. 13.8k with 35% NCB with IDV of 9 lakhs. Is this good? Planning to check out your L&T Insurance as well.
I have never claimed insurance till date so iam just filling up the coffers of the insurance companies

13.8K for 9 Lakhs IDV is decent price. Check L&T as they are the cheapest in market and then close the deal
Old 27th May 2014, 17:03   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
24K + another 10K for general service and oil change means we should be looking at atleast 35K for the 60,000kms service
Don't forget the clutch for 24k (have you changed it yet?) and flywheel (30k)!
Old 27th May 2014, 17:13   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't forget the clutch for 24k (have you changed it yet?) and flywheel (30k)!
Is changing clutch mandatory? Aren't we supposed to change it if it stops working?

No, I havent changed the clutch yet as its working perfectly fine

And isn't it same case with flywheel? I mean these are interval/km based replacement or should be replaced when they stop working?

Flywheel replacement is a massive component replacement and was thinking it will last atleast 100,000kms
Old 28th May 2014, 12:57   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

I think 60k km is the approximate life of the clutch anyway. Flywheel is also similar but will depend on driving styles, usage etc.

Recently another TBHP member got his Cruze flywheel changed under warranty as a goodwill gesture. Think you should target the same as well ;-)

Essentially, the 60k km service gives fresh life to the car till 100k! Tyres are the other uncertainty as is the OEM battery.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:15   #1299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Recently another TBHP member got his Cruze flywheel changed under warranty as a goodwill gesture. Think you should target the same as well
Who is this BHPian who got the flywheel replacement under warranty as goodwill gesture? Was his warranty in vogue or was invalid at time of this replacement?

Since my warranty as expired at end of 3 years ; Iam not sure if they will entertain my request for flywheel change
Old 10th June 2014, 13:11   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Over the period, WA had accumalated a few scratches partly due to my style of driving where I leave very little gap between cars even when iam driving in heavy traffic.

Due to above, there is always high chances of a small contact once in a while resulting in sometimes faint scratches. However, a few weeks ago the valet while parking in a congested basement parking scratched the front bumper on the left side and I decided its high time, entire front bumper gets a once over

For the first time, got the entire bumper painted at my friendly local shop and he did an extremely decent job ( sorry for the bad quality pics, in reality looks much better) for the low amount charged and dropped the car back home last night at 10:30pm
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140609_183106.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140609_183823.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140609_183810.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th June 2014 at 14:15. Reason: typo corrected
Old 10th June 2014, 13:23   #1301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For the first time, got the entire bumper painted at my friendly local shop and he did an extremely decent job ( sorry for the bad quality pics, in reality looks much better) for the low amount charged and dropped the car back home last night at 10:30pm
Avi, the painting guy has painted the entire flap under the bumper? That should be black not the colour of the car. It will not look good and it usually gets scratched easily against speed breakers.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:46   #1302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Avi, the painting guy has painted the entire flap under the bumper? That should be black not the colour of the car. It will not look good and it usually gets scratched easily against speed breakers.
Dude, you have a keen eye

That was the first thing that I noted when he dropped off the car last night and even I don't like the flap to be painted white. He said whenever your passing by, he can get it done in black in a jiffy

They are located < 2kms from home and I pass them atleast half a dozen times a week, will get it reverted to black shortly

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th June 2014 at 13:50.
Old 11th June 2014, 09:26   #1303
BHPian

Avi,

How about putting 2 pictures side by side that shows the difference in terms of the flap under bumper being white and black.
If entire white looks good why not keep it. Some cosmetic modifications to the car that look good is worthy of keeping.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 14:16   #1304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
If entire white looks good why not keep it. Some cosmetic modifications to the car that look good is worthy of keeping.
Actually, I agree with Viddy.

Lower flap should remain in black as it provides a nice touch of contrast to white bumper. Complete white looks quite odd if you see from the pictures below
Old 15th June 2014, 20:56   #1305
BHPian

Hi Avi,

Since yours is the most exhaustive and most followed Cruze thread on team BHP. Thought ill ask you a few questions.

I have to probably upgrade sometime in the next 3 or 4 months. It's between the Cruze, the Octavia, the used Laura and the Jetta. I have read about the differences, advantages and disadvantages of all the 3 cars on the threads here.

Wanted to ask these specific questions on the Cruze.

1. Can the Cruze Automatic be remapped? I have seen RD tuning boxes used on the automatic Cruze on the forum. But, Wanted to know about the remap. Do torque converter auto boxes (like the one on the cruze) have limitations on the torque and power figures like on the DSG's?

2. I took the Cruze automatic for a spin this weekend and liked it. But, paddle shifters would have made it more fun than tiptronic. Can paddle shifters be sourced from anywhere else and be fitted on the Cruze?

3. How good / bad an idea is it to buy a new Cruze say 3 or 4 months from now. Considering that the new Cruze is set for launch in an years time(I sadly don't like the look of the upcoming Cruze). How good an idea is it to buy a say 20k km / 2 year run Cruze? I have heard that its a rather reliable car. Would it serve well for next 4 years?

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks