Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:59   #1321
MDe
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I think it all boils down to how much passion you have to not just own a vehicle but, also share your experiences with others so they too can benefit ( I leave no leaves unturned on that aspect)
True that. But it has been a fun read throughout. Great to see so much info on the ownership. It has answered so many of my questions over a period of time.

Quote:
My car had a couple of nasty dents and paint peeled off ( both on rear fender, one above and one below the wheel arch) and scratches from leaving at the airport for one full week during a recent trip to Goa.
I took the car to my local guy and he fixed it for 1500 bucks...LOL and yeah the color matches up to a large extent and maybe can be figured out by experts at the showroom but, to a naked eye, you cannot make out for sure
Sounds great then. My front left fender had a similar parking incident causing a not so major dent. No cracks in the metal sheet, so its just about repair and repaint. Could you please share the details of the garage? I tried looking for other shops on the directory but did not find a lot for Hyderabad.

Thanks!
Old 26th September 2014, 12:25   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Sounds great then. My front left fender had a similar parking incident causing a not so major dent. No cracks in the metal sheet, so its just about repair and repaint. Could you please share the details of the garage? I tried looking for other shops on the directory but did not find a lot for Hyderabad.
This picture was taken with my mobile today morning. Marked the area roughly where there were 2 deep dents/gashes from my parking lot incident a few weeks ago

Entire fender was painted after fixing the dent and was specific not to paint above the fender mark line

I felt for 1500 bucks it was a pretty decent job and with your naked eye its hard to tell
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20140926_100808.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:00   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Wish you all a "Happy Dusshera" and a wonderful day and year ahead !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20141003wa004.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20141003wa003_edit.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20141003wa005_edit.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img20141003wa006_edit.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 17:38   #1324
Distinguished - BHPian

Any Cruze owner completed his 60K service? If yes, what was the cost pertaining to this service?

Iam due for this service from a month now. Hopefully will get it serviced sometime later this month
Old 15th October 2014, 15:03   #1325
BHPian

Hi,you being a veteran with cruze wanted to ask you about an error code my cruze is showing at 15000 kms -code 82. Oil was changed at 7500 kms. What can be wrong? My manual says change oil soon. Oil should last around 15000 kms. Please help.
Old 16th October 2014, 14:25   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any Cruze owner completed his 60K service? If yes, what was the cost pertaining to this service?

Iam due for this service from a month now. Hopefully will get it serviced sometime later this month
Hey, we are waiting for you as the prime 60k guinea pig . Am at 51k as on date. Things to check specially: clutch, flywheel, brake pads/discs. Let us know how it goes.
Old 17th October 2014, 12:02   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi,you being a veteran with cruze wanted to ask you about an error code my cruze is showing at 15000 kms -code 82. Oil was changed at 7500 kms. What can be wrong? My manual says change oil soon. Oil should last around 15000 kms. Please help.
Even though I might be a veteran at owning the Cruze but, thankfully i havent seen an "Error Code" ever in my entire's car ownership till date. So that makes me a rookie

I think it could be just some issue with ECU acting up. Please have it checked by the ASC

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, we are waiting for you as the prime 60k guinea pig . Am at 51k as on date. Things to check specially: clutch, flywheel, brake pads/discs. Let us know how it goes.
I left my Cruze at the service center on Wednesday around 11am and they mentioned it will be returned to me by Thursday 5pm ( received the call at 3pm itself that car was ready)

This happens to be the FIRST time my Cruze was in a workshop overnight

When I gave the car for service. I had ZERO issues to report and estimate given to me was 35K for 60,000kms which as per Chevrolet is mandatory and standard cost with majority of expense going towards the Timing Belt and its related accessories

When I reached the showroom late evening yesterday, bill presented to me was 34,400 ( Quite steep--eh?) and upon asking got a discount of measly 800 bucks but, iam not complaining as I decided to pamper the car considering my average service cost till date was just 7K-8K till this service

I was too lazy to get the wheel alignment and balance done from my regular guy who is the best in town and gave it to them and they charged a steep 1200rs just for that. I didnt like this at all !!!

How it drives after the 60,000kms service?

1. The car has become butter smooth as usual like after any service that has a oil change

2. Major difference now is the astounding pick-up of the car (assuming due to the timing belt change) and feels like the first day I picked up the car from showroom where I was having difficulty of rening in this beast in traffic

Yesterday, was the same feeling after driving it for about 30kms in traffic. It was just difficult to stop the car as it kept rolling forward and a small stab to the gas pedal shocked even me as it just lunged forward with brutal force

3. Brake pads were removed and installed back ( WA brakes pads have been changed only once in entire 60,000kms-Phenomenal isnt it?) and bite is simply outstanding now

4. Gearshifts were always buttersmooth, so there is nothing new to add on this aspect

5. Rattles? Trust me I havent heard a single rattle in my car till date. Brilliant built quality and its pure silence inside with zero road noise even at high speeds ( that credit goes to 3ST to some extent)

Overall, This was one of my most brilliant decision (other than my Triumph Bonneville, ofcourse) ever in life

Chevrolet Cruze ROCKS !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20141016_202047_edit.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_20141016_202100_edit.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th October 2014 at 12:07.
Old 18th October 2014, 15:36   #1328
MDe
BHPian

Great! 60K sounds like another happy milestone considering your experience. Trust me, if there is any info I need on Cruze, this is the first thread that I look at because all your experiences have been great help for all the Cruze owners.

BTW, I went to the Kun workshop today for a general checkup of the car (as I am going on a road-trip) and the service advisor asked me to follow the 7.5K kms service interval even in our cars. He said that they are following it on all Cruzes whether they are the 2013 models (163ps) or before. Not sure if I should take his word for it, but this should definitely reduce our expense intervals by 50%.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:14   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Great review Mobike...

I have clocked 61k on my cruze in approx 39 months, well, didnt have to deal with any problem till date. No rattles, no groans, no squeaks, nothing. Very pleasant ownership so far. Kudos to Chevy, the car feels bullet proof.

I have added 215/55 unidirectional apollo maxx, custom turbo down pipe and a de-cat bypass, k&n stock replacement filter and Race Dynamics dieseltronics dual channel unit. Honestly, the car runs like crazy, absolutely mind blowing acceleration, hard to keep it down at times. Its delivering great economy too. Its such a great car to own, brings a smile on to my face each and every time I push that throttle more than the half way mark. Honestly, I have taken on so many 30lakh cars on the highway, none have been able to outrun me yet

Having said that, I am looking at selling it off and moving on to a fortuner as my priorities have changed a bit now

Last edited by The Wolf : 18th October 2014 at 17:17.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:41   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the 60K service is expensive. What is de-carbonising for which they charged Rs 1500?
Old 20th October 2014, 11:41   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Great review Mobike...

I have clocked 61k on my cruze in approx 39 months, well, didnt have to deal with any problem till date. No rattles, no groans, no squeaks, nothing. Very pleasant ownership so far. Kudos to Chevy, the car feels bullet proof.

I have added 215/55 unidirectional apollo maxx, custom turbo down pipe and a de-cat bypass, k&n stock replacement filter and Race Dynamics dieseltronics dual channel unit. Honestly, the car runs like crazy, absolutely mind blowing acceleration, hard to keep it down at times. Its delivering great economy too. Its such a great car to own, brings a smile on to my face each and every time I push that throttle more than the half way mark. Honestly, I have taken on so many 30lakh cars on the highway, none have been able to outrun me yet

Having said that, I am looking at selling it off and moving on to a fortuner as my priorities have changed a bit now
Hey Wolf!

Could you please share the details of the modifications you've done. Especially the exhaust part. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost?

Thank you in advance!

I hope Avi doesn't mind.
Old 20th October 2014, 12:04   #1332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Great! 60K sounds like another happy milestone considering your experience. Trust me, if there is any info I need on Cruze, this is the first thread that I look at because all your experiences have been great help for all the Cruze owners.
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, I love to keep sharing updates even if it might be a small insignifcant one

Quote:
BTW, I went to the Kun workshop today for a general checkup of the car (as I am going on a road-trip) and the service advisor asked me to follow the 7.5K kms service interval even in our cars. He said that they are following it on all Cruzes whether they are the 2013 models (163ps) or before. Not sure if I should take his word for it, but this should definitely reduce our expense intervals by 50%.
I dont plan to change my routine and advise the same to you. Please stick to 10,000kms for oil changes and regular service

Quote:
Woah! Thats some running. Glad to know that you too didnt face any issues with the car till this mileage.Same here. Complete rattle proof and interior and exterior look as good as new in my car

Quote:
Please share full details of these modifications, cost of same and how it has transformed your Cruze?

Quote:
Nice to know that. Could you share the details of your car and price that your expecting/or got offers? Its always good to know the resale value of one's car..haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow, the 60K service is expensive. What is de-carbonising for which they charged Rs 1500?
As the name suggests, they de-carbonize the entire exhuast and engine that helps car breathe better and also helps in reducing the smoke emission under hard accelaration. I have done this once before in my entire ownership and since 60K kms service is such an important one, i decided to go ahead once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
I hope Avi doesn't mind.
Why should I? Iam also keen to know this info

Guys, I have to share my joy here of the new car (White Annihilator) that Iam currently driving...LOL!

It indeed feels like a brand new car after the timing belt change and strongly reminds me of what the actual accelaration of the Cruze is. Prior to the service I felt the pick up was quite good ( you know you get used to the characteristics of the car as you drive it daily) but, after this service, iam simply elated to see the actual pick up of the car.

I dont even have to touch the pedal and car rolls forward alarmingly and this becomes sort of a nuisance (in a good way) in traffic conditions and a short jab to the gas pedal is enough to make the car go ballistic and picks up speed in a truly alarming way. I mean, Iam driving this car from 60K kms so I should be used to its behaviour but, after this service the ballistic way it's behaving upon accelaration left me gaping many a times post which a grin replaces my gaping expression and makes me look like an excited lunatic

In short, every cruze owner will enjoy this feeling after the timing belt change happens. I think you should experience it yourself to know what Iam talking about. Now i dont feel so bad at all for spending 34K for 60,000kms service

Cheers and Keep Cruzin'g !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th October 2014 at 12:06.
Old 20th October 2014, 17:10   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Hey Wolf!

Could you please share the details of the modifications you've done. Especially the exhaust part. Where did you get it done and how much did it cost?

Thank you in advance!

I hope Avi doesn't mind.
These are the mods and the costs associated;
1. 215/55/R16 Apollo Maxx unidirectional performance tyres: approx 34k for a set of 4. Handles and brakes way better than those silly JK Vectras.
2. K&N stock replacement filter: approx 8.5k. Noticeable positive difference.
3. Custom turbo down pipe and decat: approx 11k incl labor. Significant positive difference this one makes.
4. RaceDynamics Dieseltronics dual channel: 30k. A world of positive difference this makes.
5. Shell Helix ultra (not happy with the OE Total Quartz 3000): 6k approx for 6.5lits if I remember it right. Noticeable positive difference.

After all the above, I am experiencing wonderful economy 15kpl-17kpl consistenly, wonderful handling and the power combined with refinement is beyond words. Its truly a rocket on wheels I tellya. 3 liter german stock diesels are of some match to the cruze's outright performance in this state.

Last edited by The Wolf : 20th October 2014 at 17:14.
The Wolf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 17:22   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These are the mods and the costs associated;
1. 215/55/R16 Apollo Maxx unidirectional performance tyres: approx 34k for a set of 4. Handles and brakes way better than those silly JK Vectras.
2. K&N stock replacement filter: approx 8.5k. Noticeable positive difference.
3. Custom turbo down pipe and decat: approx 11k incl labor. Significant positive difference this one makes.
4. RaceDynamics Dieseltronics dual channel: 30k. A world of positive difference this makes.
5. Shell Helix ultra (not happy with the OE Total Quartz 3000): 6k approx for 6.5lits if I remember it right. Noticeable positive difference.

After all the above, I am experiencing wonderful economy 15kpl-17kpl consistenly, wonderful handling and the power combined with refinement is beyond words. Its truly a rocket on wheels I tellya. 3 liter german stock diesels are of some match to the cruze's outright performance in this state.
All those power upgrades and no brake or suspension upgrades?
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 17:27   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
All those power upgrades and no brake or suspension upgrades?
You will need those if you are someone who uses the peak power too very often, for my usage of very occasional highway sprints the brakes and suspension (OE ones are pretty darn stiff already) is holding on really really well. The whole power delivery makes you feel good, not just at red line. Better tyres (with proper tyre pressure) adds a lot to cornering behavior and braking dynamics along with ABS. Completely satisfied with its adequacy so far. Its another thing if you use it like a race car or take it to the track/drag strip, which I do not recommend as this one is more of a <8sec 0-100kph tourer with a 1.55 ton tank like build and a similarly accorded performance than a boy-racer.

Last edited by The Wolf : 20th October 2014 at 17:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks