Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 13:47   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Hi Avi

Congrats on your new purchase, and wishing you a happy 'cruzing' experience.
The car looks stunning!
Thanks PVS. Good to see you back in action here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
That's neat, man! I liked the PEPS in the Cruze LTZ that I TDed (thanks to you for that as well!). I think the LT doesn't have PEPS, but I didn't know it didn't have that cool Start/Stop button too.

The key fob looks brilliant, as you said.

By the way, the LTZ does have a key just like the one in your picture. I remember Kishore showing something very similar during the TD. He had kept it in one of the cubby holes near the gear level.

I wish that I had a separate "boot open" button on the Civic's key fob, and that the duplicate key also had a remote transmitter in it (somewhat of a lesser problem if you ask me because I won't be using that on a regular basis anyway).

Regards,
spadix
Oh Yes, your right. Even LTZ comes with a key but, is not used to open the car or start the engine. Its a fancy piece that's not supposed to leave your pocket

Can you please post a picture of your key on your ownership thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Are these type of Keys called as Desmodronic Keys?please enlighten Avi.
Ram, i am not sure what you mean. Desmodronic is similar sounding word that i can think of associating only with a legendry italian bike (Ducati), their latest offering. Care to elaborate your thoughts?
Old 5th August 2010, 14:11   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Are these type of Keys called as Desmodronic Keys?
Fiat advertises the similar type of keys for Punto/ Linea as "Desmodronic Foldable Keys". I just remember there was some kind of proprietary valve design by Ducati which was called Desmodronic/ dromic or something
Old 5th August 2010, 14:16   #123
BHPian

please get rid of that chevy ring. I love to keep the key fob without anything attached to it. Gives a clean and sophisticated look. Attaching something to the key fob kind off robs it of its sophistication :-)
Old 5th August 2010, 14:59   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
please get rid of that chevy ring. I love to keep the key fob without anything attached to it. Gives a clean and sophisticated look. Attaching something to the key fob kind off robs it of its sophistication :-)
I agree. The key ring takes the shine out of the Rampuri
Old 5th August 2010, 15:23   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Cruze Buying & Dealership Experience

I bought my Cruze in just over a month from the intial thought crossed my mind which is my fastest major decision in my life.

My first visit to the showroom was purely to check the beauty in person and its pricing.

June'10 3rd week visited "Kun Chevrolet" showroom in Kavadiguda ( Just behind Hotel Marriot, near Tank Bund) and when i checked this beauty out in person, it was instant falling love. But, when i sat down with the salesperson to work out the financials my heart sank as it was seriously out of my budget.

Took the details and went back home depressed. Well, next two days instead of reading a book before going to bed ( thats my usual habit) i started by-hearting the car specficiations and financial details

Within 2 days, I get a call from Kun Chevrolet asking me when i am available for a test drive. Since i mostly work from home on Fridays, i told the sales person either on Friday or Saturday. For him the earlier was the better choice obviously. So, Mr.Kishore Kumar from Kun Chevrolet lands up at my place on a friday afternoon along with his colleague Mr.Venkatesh.

First thing before i took the test drive was to remove my Accent Viva from the parking lot and asked them to slot the Cruze in the same parking space right next to my i10 Kappa. I was elated to see it fitted into that space perfectly with some space left as well.

Next step, get in the driver seat and immediately noticed it was an Auto version and having driven only one other car it took me a few minutes to get used to it. Kishore kept telling me to forget that i have a "left leg", I thought nice way to tell me there is no clutch in that car.

Took it for a test drive in peak traffic and then moved to Necklace road and did a few rounds up and down and with performance being the key criteria with all other requirements a distant second, i decided this will be my next car.

When asked about the best deal they can offer, they came up with this one :-

10K corporate discount
Mudflaps,Carpets and Teflon Coating

Having some experience of buying new cars in the last few years, important step was to pit them against other dealers so went to Orange Chevrolet in Malakpet as i was passing by that area a few days later.

There was no Cruze in display and one young fellow reluctantly explained about Cruze ( maybe because i was dripping wet due to heavy rains outside which obviously means I was on a bike) thinking i cannot afford to buy one. I took the brochure and came back home.

In the meantime, Kishore delicately but nicely following up with me and during the next week or so, I took 3 more test drives. Another automatic and two times the manual version. He was the epitome of " Patience" and never said why i am asking a test drive so many times.

I took the test drive so many times just to reconfirm if my initial thought/passion/love was not a fleeting one. These additional test drives confirmed that i can live with this car for next 5 years.

During a lazy sunday morning after grocery shopping visited Orange Auto in Banjara Hills and was greeted by a courteous Mr.Syed. He explained the features and even showed me an LT readily available in Olympic White and when i told him I am coming from Kun and outlined the offer received from them. He counter offered this :-

15K corporate discount ( from ex-showroom, this will reduce everything like RT and Insurance accordingly)
Mudflaps,Carpets and Teflon Coating
Body Cover
Steering Cover in leather

He was bad mouthing KUN and said they have an LT in White readily available if i can take it immediately. But, then I was not mentally prepared even at that point of time. I thanked him and came back home.

If i were in his shoes, I would have made a follow-up call the very next day.

1 day, 2 day, 3rd day, 4 days passed. No follow-up calls. During this period, I regularly received calls from Kishore who promised me delivery in 2-3 weeks.

By the 3rd day, i had made up my mind that i am buying it from KUN CHEVROLET for a few major reasons :-

a) Attitude of ORANGE AUTO was absolutely callous.
b) KUN CHEVROLET service center is exactly 1km from my home
c) They matched the offer received from ORANGE AUTO

The irony of entire thing, I received a call from Mr.Syed just when I was paying a Rs.50,000 advance to KUN CHEVROLET. I told him where I was at that moment and patiently explained to him why I chose KUN CHEVROLET over their dealership and finally told him to "Take a Hike"

KUN CHEVROLET DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE:

1. Polite, Courteous and Regular follow-ups
2. Offered test drives several number of times ( four, in my case)
3. This one takes the cake, when i wanted to see the interiors of an LT :-

Kishore took the trouble of taking permission from one of his recently delivered LT customer, picked me up from my home in a manual LTZ ( which I drove, so technically 5 test drives) and went to Tarnaka where his other LT customer resided.

I would rate this as the best gesture any dealer can offer his prospective customer.

Only thing that i didnt like about KUN CHEVROLET, on the delivery date, despite confirming will reach by 4PM, it was not ready until 5:30PM as teflon coating was underway when we reached.

Other than this minor hiccup, it was an awesome experience to deal with KUN CHEVROLET and would highly recommend dealing with Mr.Kishore Kumar.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th August 2010 at 15:26.
Old 6th August 2010, 05:56   #126
J.Ravi

Well-written buying & dealership experience.

Congratulations and best wishes, mobike008, on buying your Chevy Cruze LTZ. Happy and safe motoring.

Old 6th August 2010, 15:31   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

KUN CHEVEROLET sprung me another surprise. I received a call from a lady today morning who introduced herself as a manager of marketing in KUN.

She wanted to drop by my place and congratulate and thank me for my patronage.

A beautiful lady arrived at 12:30pm and she offered me "another" chocolate box and gave me a letter which had a free offer of "another" teflon coating which i can avail anytime ( Plan to avail it at 5000km service) and a FREE WASH.

She also gave me a greeting card thanking me for making "CRUZE" No.1 in its segment.

Amazing Experience with KUN CHEVROLET
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_42381.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_42401.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_42411.jpg  

Old 6th August 2010, 15:43   #128
BHPian

to Kun and Chevrolet.

Chevrolet is doing every bit to keep its customers happy from providing exciting deals on maintenance to such gestures.

Time for other car makers and dealers to wake up and smell the coffee

Cheers,
Old 6th August 2010, 16:19   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Only thing that i didnt like about KUN CHEVROLET, on the delivery date, despite confirming will reach by 4PM, it was not ready until 5:30PM as teflon coating was underway when we reached.
90 mins is quite pardonable for the overall treatment they gave you.

Recently, i had gone to take delivery of my friend's Swift. After reaching the dealership, the salesman frantically goes searching for the car and after 1hr he had the guts to come and tell us that silver color is not available, only white is there...This is what happens after a waiting period of 2 months?!?... I completely lost it...Gave him a mouthful & walked out.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2010 at 10:52. Reason: Sending PM
Old 6th August 2010, 17:09   #130
Senior - BHPian

Excellent! Honda guys didn't even call me once after buying my car! Even for getting a key chain, I had to chase them. No wonder Cruze is cruising...
Old 6th August 2010, 17:17   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
She wanted to drop by my place and congratulate and thank me for my patronage.
Obvious and proof that she is following this thread!
Old 6th August 2010, 20:08   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Excellent! Honda guys didn't even call me once after buying my car! Even for getting a key chain, I had to chase them. No wonder Cruze is cruising...
After reading Avinash's post, I must say I'm happy that Pride Honda gave me a box of chocolates (which definitely didn't look as good as the box Avi got, but the chocolates were good) and some other small stuff which my wife liked a lot (like 5 balloons in the car, a jewellery bag style paper bag and the part that even I liked a lot - a nice leather folder to keep cards and papers). I'll post some pictures of the leather folder (along with key as promised, @Avi).

But I definitely didn't get that nice welcome letter. I got a rather tacky one, not something I would like to keep around for a really long while .

Avinash, you might consider posting the dealership experience in that forum section dedicated for Indian dealerships. I'm going to do the same for my dealer in a week's time.

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th August 2010, 20:15   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
to Kun and Chevrolet.

Chevrolet is doing every bit to keep its customers happy from providing exciting deals on maintenance to such gestures.

Time for other car makers and dealers to wake up and smell the coffee

Cheers,
Absolutely Ardy. I am completely bowled over my their over the top service and iam just back from their service center and they were so pleasant and going out of the way to please, its a great relief that iam in good hands throughout my ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
90 mins is quite pardonable for the overall treatment they gave you.

Recently, i had gone to take delivery of my friend's Swift. After reaching the dealership, the salesman frantically goes searching for the car and after 1hr he had the guts to come and tell us that silver color is not available, only white is there...This is what happens after a waiting period of 2 months?!?... I completely lost it...Gave him a mouthful & walked out.
You can say that again. I am not upset with them, infact i was happy that i can see with my own eyes the car being teflon coated.

People are buying swifts like its going out of style and considering the volumes sold, the service is sure to take a dip.

Quote:
Thats bad. I got two calls within the first two days asking about my ownership and i told them its too early to say anything and requested them to call back after a couple of weeks to take my feedback.

Apart from those two calls, I think i forgot to mention on this thread, there was one survey guy from KUN who visited last Friday at home with a questionairre asking about my complete ownership. I was surprised by their professionalism.

I ticked most of the questionairre 4.5/5 with regards to my ownership experience.

And, today's visit by the marketing lady with her gifts made me a fan of their service. Just hope they continue this momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Obvious and proof that she is following this thread!

UPDATE:-

I am just back after fitting "Fog Lamps and Reverse Sensors".

I will post a few pictures of the same in a couple of days. Now, its almost completely equipped to annhilate others on road

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2010 at 10:53. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 6th August 2010, 20:22   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
After reading Avinash's post, I must say I'm happy that Pride Honda gave me a box of chocolates (which definitely didn't look as good as the box Avi got, but the chocolates were good) and some other small stuff which my wife liked a lot (like 5 balloons in the car, a jewellery bag style paper bag and the part that even I liked a lot - a nice leather folder to keep cards and papers). I'll post some pictures of the leather folder (along with key as promised, @Avi).

But I definitely didn't get that nice welcome letter. I got a rather tacky one, not something I would like to keep around for a really long while .

Avinash, you might consider posting the dealership experience in that forum section dedicated for Indian dealerships. I'm going to do the same for my dealer in a week's time.

Regards,
spadix
I think I didn't put it forth correctly. What I meant was that I ddint have any "post sales" experience like mobike got, even a call. I did get a box of chocos, a Ganesha idol, leather(?) case and perfume along with the car. The delivery arrangement was also pretty nicely done with flowers and all.

Btw, I think his name is mentioned as Anivesh in the letter!

Last edited by vasoo : 6th August 2010 at 20:24.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:59   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I didn't put it forth correctly. What I meant was that I ddint have any "post sales" experience like mobike got, even a call. I did get a box of chocos, a Ganesha idol, leather(?) case and perfume along with the car. The delivery arrangement was also pretty nicely done with flowers and all.
Ah, like that! Hehe - I had to pay for the idol and perfume.

I didn't get a call either, but I've visited the showroom a couple of times because of the exhaust tip incident and because I'm doing RTO work on my own, and each time I go the sales person and other staff lavish just the same kind of attention they used to do before I purchased the car. That's good. Ideally they should be delivering the docs to me in person, and they would if I insist, but I just need another excuse to put kms on the car now .

Speaking of accessories I unearthed a secret accounting scam on their part because of which I now stand to get a refund of INR 6080 (obviously through accessories only *sigh*).

Quote:
Btw, I think his name is mentioned as Anivesh in the letter!
Small price to pay for the royal treatment he's getting!

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed