Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 12:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
2. Go easy on the pedal for atleast first 1500 kms. Better nor exceed 2K rpm range :-)
!
I bet that is the toughest challenge mobike008 will face .

The only solution is to take her for long drives on weekends and reach that 1500 km figure a.s.a.p.. Keep varying the speeds till then.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congratulations mobike008!

I've told you this before (on the "booked my car" thread) and I'll say it once again - an Olympia White Cruze evokes extreme envy, especially when viewed side-on in the rain under an overcast sky.

All the best with your new baby!

Regards,
spadix
Old 29th July 2010, 15:16   #63
BHPian

Congratulations mobike008!
The Cruze has an absolute stonker of an engine! Enjoy it well!
Also could you please post some interior pics of your LT.
All the best with your new car!
Old 29th July 2010, 15:19   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are a couple of pictures of us ( me, wifey and mom) whilst taking the delivery of the "White Annhilator".
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_01721.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_01841.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 15:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

OT:

I thought the Copyright for these pictures was mine and I had only given you the licence to use them

Now that you have indulged in Copyright Infringement, I have to invoke the wrath of our inhouse legal team. The penance for this grave act is to offer Shanti Puja to the Hydeez, who will then Bless your and White Annhilator for eternity of Shanti

Last edited by MileCruncher : 29th July 2010 at 15:36.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Avi' congratulations on the new car pal,somehow missed this thread. There's a CRUZE LTZ AT in the family and phew it was one helluva experience driving it. Only problem I found was with the GC of this car, otherwise a brilliant car to drive around.

Here's me wishing you a wonderful ownership experience with the CRUZE and drive safe.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:04   #67
BHPian

Congratulations Avi, looks fantastic! Would love to see it in person at one of the meets soon. Till then, tear the beast!!
Old 29th July 2010, 16:12   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Avinash
Congratulations on your new car, how much was the OTR price ?
You can say that again. Its selling almost double than a Civic. Hope the trend continues and we get to see lots of Cruzes on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Congrats on becoming the owner of a 'Cruzavinash'.
Thanks TB !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Congratulations on getting the best upgrade from another great car. Pete'ing this too?

Standing by for take-off...
Yessir, Viva was a pleasure to own. I cannot forget its experience. This one does not need pete'ing. It already has insane power

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Wow beautiful. I am keenly watching this thread
I wanna know everything from the nitty gritties. Please enlighten me. This thread goes in my book marks
Thanks Maddy. I will try to outline as much details as its possible as my ownership progresses. Keep tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Congratulations Sir,
you have made the best choice out of all the cars you had in mind and you will feel more and more proud of the decision as you pass time with the car.
I was glad to know that you liked my reply and can I please get to see some interior pictures.
Congratulations again
Jai mata di
Heartening words. Will post pics of interiors in 2-3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Congrats Avi. its a beast and im sure you are gonna have great fun driving around.
When i'm back i need a BIG party
Thanks Prem. If you sponsor a ticket to LA, i dont mind coming there and throwing a big bash for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Hey mobike008, congrats on the buy.So when is the official break in drive to goa for this one?
Fate had other plans. Else, would have been in goa 1st week Aug. Thanks Dinar

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
Many Congratulations, mobike008! Your car looks stunning. Wish you loads of fun with your new car!
Your feedback was also very helpful. Thanks !

Quote:
Thanks for the gracious words Avinash. Glad to know that my inputs made your decision more simple. Looking at the on-road price of LT in Hyderabad let me just say that you made an intelligent and wise decision. Once you would go through the accessories/add ons stage your LT will rock even more!
Some pointers:
1. Just make sure you don't upsize the tires by too much or rather try to get something better in the same stock size. Yokos and continentals should be good for Cruze. This will help you maintain the dynamics of the car and yet achieve better control and steering feel.
2. Go easy on the pedal for atleast first 1500 kms. Better nor exceed 2K rpm range :-)
3. Be careful with the front seat adjustments controls. They don't seem to be well built.
4. Glovebox is another misfit in this car. Make sure you don't stuff it with heavy items otherwise the latch grip can go loose. Also it lacks decent storage space.
5. Cruze has got good suspension and can really eat up the irregularities and undulations of roads at high speeds. But at low speeds be easy on the potholes and the speed breakers. Take them with utmost caution to prevent any suspension issues.
6. LT has got 4 speakers unlike 6 in LTZ. You better keep ICE on your priority list if your are an audiophile.
7. Cruze is a different car altogether at high speeds. It feels and drives much better above 80 kmph. Call that an irony!
8. It has got excellent braking but still avoid heavy/sudden braking as it seems like brakes tend to wear out early. So much for the torque!
9. Good leather upholstery from Stanley or Nappa, something which matches the interiors of the car will go a long way to improve the premium feel of the car.
10. Last but not the least after having extensively driven this car i can safely say that the real fun starts from 1.5K rpm. Below that its a dead meat! .But from 1.5K till 4.5K rpm its a sheer rocket.
Enjoy the car!
Your welcome Ashish. You indeed help me in deciding the car. Thanks for these additional pointers. Will keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
I will repeat what I said in our chat.
awesome, awesome awesome Car.
and in white its looking absolute fab! Many congratulations on your new marriage as I know your wife will soon treat this beauty as your second wife even before you realize.

I knew when you updated your profile pic in your gtalk that you simply couldn't wait for the D-day to come.
trust me, what ashish told you is absolutely true and dont ever regret on being unable to get a LTZ.
Now I am excusing myself from interrupting you to simply look out of your office window and stare at your beauty (if you have a seat overlooking your white beast)
Thanks for your wishes Gagan.. Tussi kab le rahe ho BLACK CRUZE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
OT:

I thought the Copyright for these pictures was mine and I had only given you the licence to use them

Now that you have indulged in Copyright Infringement, I have to invoke the wrath of our inhouse legal team. The penance for this grave act is to offer Shanti Puja to the Hydeez, who will then Bless your and White Annhilator for eternity of Shanti
Once the pictures are handed over then they are legally mine. Please bear in mind that i know some friends who are the best legal minds in this country. Judge will throw the case out of the court even before its presented.

P.S: shanti pooja will happen in due course of time...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Avi' congratulations on the new car pal,somehow missed this thread. There's a CRUZE LTZ AT in the family and phew it was one helluva experience driving it. Only problem I found was with the GC of this car, otherwise a brilliant car to drive around.

Here's me wishing you a wonderful ownership experience with the CRUZE and drive safe.
Thanks Riju. All that it is missing now is being in front of your lens.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th October 2010 at 15:55.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:46   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are a couple of Cruze complimenting pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_01771.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_01791.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 17:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! After seeing your car I feel that white is the best colour for the Cruze. Looks Awesome! Only wish they had black interiors
Quote:
10. Last but not the least after having extensively driven this car i can safely say that the real fun starts from 1.5K rpm. Below that its a dead meat! .But from 1.5K till 4.5K rpm its a sheer rocket.
I feel the same about my car. Cheetah doesn't like to do donkey's job!
Old 29th July 2010, 18:31   #71
vihang15

congrats mobike on your new posession .

the chevy cruze is really the pinnacle of commuter sport sedan cars in india . i would call it the dad of the chevy beat .

to prove the point have a look at the picture of the baby cruze .

enjoy your ride on your cool white chevy dad .
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-htc-jan2010-061.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 18:50   #72
BHPian

Avi, I am late but anyway a big congrats. I have been thinking that this has to be your next car and suren confirmed me this in auto expo. congrats buddy.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

Avinash, somehow missed this thread. Congratulations and Happy cruzing !!!

I still remember the first time I spotted this beauty on my drive through Mysore Highway. I was mightily impressed with its curves and overall design, but was not sure what car it was. Chased it for sometime just to see the glazing logo and stickers behind. And it was a cruze. White looks stunning !

Last edited by shajufx : 29th July 2010 at 20:46.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:23   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine, Clutch and Gearbox

Engine, Clutch & Gearbox:

Have had the opportunity to clock 125kms since i got delivery 2 days back ( Odo mileage at delivery was 26kms) and having spent close to 4 hours yesterday in one of the most nightmarish traffic jams ( due to rains) both times on my way to office. Below is an update of how this car feels in peak start & stop traffic.

I take my words back, the clutch "does" have a spring back action force ( it's a very very minor irritant) but, in peak traffic conditions it snarls its head up and shows its colors. Honestly, developed a slight pain in left foot after spending so much time fighting the traffic conditions.

That pain disappeared this morning though. Besides, i think also the phobia of a new 'BIG" car in heavy traffic conditions also tend to have a bearish effect on you.

Clutch is so soft that it springs back so you need to develop the habit (which will get developed in due course of time) of gradual release of the pedal. I repeat this is a minor irritant and should in no way hamper your buying decision in any way.

Having experienced this beast for 100+kms, a few words about its heart :-

"Cruze owners should be booked by police for misdemeanour for driving this beast in traffic conditions instead of unleashing it on highways"

It's a indeed a crime to drive this car in city conditions. It's got insane power and is impatiently trying to lunge forward and for a fleeting moment a silly thought of me reigning a "Horse" crossed my mind.

Just an analogy

Refinement and smoothness is the prefix and suffix names of this diesel mill and no points for guessing what's its middle name.

Having graduated from a 3-pot mill there is no irritating loud engine clatter that you get to experience on some other diesel engines. This engine has a lovely purring sound and is pleasantly smooth and has a lot of meat once on the move and you really need to have patience until 1200 RPM,

After that – It can sprint like Usain Bolt and punch like Mike Tyson with a silken glove, if I may be allowed to be a little clichéd.

Turbo Lag is the only other irritant of this engine. Since i live in a city like Hyderabad, where majority of the roads are steeply curving upwards and some roads are so steep, you may have to even go down to the bottomest gear to trounce that part and make sure to be always above 1200rpm. As long as you have that point etched into your mind, no worries.

Once you hit the open roads, the Cruze unleashes its wonderful abilities. With loads of torque at hand, a slight dab of the accelerator paddle pushes this baby ahead in a potent yet understated manner.

Yesterday on Gachibowli road, i touched 125kmph with RPM hovering well below 2K and this would have not been possible in the Viva where i did a maximum of 100kmph due to traffic conditions.

There is always a huge amount of power available once you’re past the lower rev-range. The amazingly refined engine, along with a taut steering feel and a taut and confidence inspiring suspension which gobbles up potholes at slow speeds and shows its better abilities as speed increases gives the feeling of you sitting in a tank and nobody can even consider a thought of taking a panga with you.

Its firm suspension is it's highlight and according to me offers the optimum balance between comfort and sportiness once you’re past crawling speeds. Having driven the Viva before which was lights years behind in handling, this one feels like a solid rock totally planted on the road.

I tried taking this car at a slight high speed over as many as 20 speed breakers yesterday ( both ways) majority of them being on Rd.No 10, Banjara Hills, it just sailed over them like they didnt exist and i was mentally prepared for a small thud to the underbody but, there was NONE. I am happy is an understatement

I would like to make a special mention of the steering. Unlike the Viva, where the steering was light (it had decent feel though) this one is relatively stiffer, heavier and bigger with a loads of precision and feel "etched" to it.

Gearing : It has lovely short throws and gives you the feeling of a sports car. But, the feel is a bit notchy and hard. Could be because its new? Can any Cruze owner confirm if the shifts will become smoother as more kms are clocked? Accent has a much smoother gear shifts.

To summarize, this engine packs so much punch that it can knock a mule sideways with its power. Cant wait to explore it on the highway which seems tough to hit atleast for next couple of weeks due to work and personal engagments.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:54   #75
BHPian

Awesome car ! Could you post some pics of the interiors please ? Wanted to see how its different from the LTZ

Most Viewed