Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 01:05   #76
Senior - BHPian

Someone may have already said this - but time to change your profile pic?
Old 31st July 2010, 01:38   #77
BHPian

congrats Avi ! Cruze is a wonderful car.
Old 31st July 2010, 02:59   #78
BHPian

simple and crisp review mobike.
turbo lag
looks like you need to take it out in the road to shamshabad soon

So when are you doing re-map
Old 1st August 2010, 09:59   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats! After seeing your car I feel that white is the best colour for the Cruze. Looks Awesome! Only wish they had black interiors
Spot on. Trust me, even i wanted black interiors and for a white car that compliments like nothing else. That was also one of the reason for drooling over a white laura for quite some time in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Avi, I am late but anyway a big congrats. I have been thinking that this has to be your next car and suren confirmed me this in auto expo. congrats buddy.
Thanks dude. When are you joining us for a drive meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Avinash, somehow missed this thread. Congratulations and Happy cruzing !!!

I still remember the first time I spotted this beauty on my drive through Mysore Highway. I was mightily impressed with its curves and overall design, but was not sure what car it was. Chased it for sometime just to see the glazing logo and stickers behind. And it was a cruze. White looks stunning !
Thanks Shaju. Yes, it is certainly imposing on the road and i get so many glances that i already feel i got my money's worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Someone may have already said this - but time to change your profile pic?
In due course of time. Waiting for that elusive picture. I have one which i may use it shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
congrats Avi ! Cruze is a wonderful car.
Thanks Prem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
simple and crisp review mobike.
turbo lag
looks like you need to take it out in the road to shamshabad soon

So when are you doing re-map
Thanks Prem. Turbo lag as mentioned is a "minor" irritant and does not make me feel worried. Re-map for diesel engine? Or did you mean the powerbox? Either ways, i am going to enjoy the brute in its stock glory for a long time to come.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:00   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are a few mobile phone pictures of interiors of my car.

major differences are fabric seats, no buttons on steering and screen in center console is smaller than LTZ.

Will post some better pictures later.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-30072010002.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-30072010001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-30072010004.jpg  

Old 1st August 2010, 11:46   #81
Team-BHP Support

mobike, one request can you please get rid of the steering cover. The fitting seems to be a bit loose.

I know these are like 400-500 bucks but if you go for a proper stitched one, the quality and fit is like OE.

I believe G-sport stitches for Rs.1,800-2,000.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Avi, I think the cruze has already come. Time to change the title
Old 1st August 2010, 20:20   #83
Senior - BHPian

Avi congrats on the beast. I am starting to like all the big sedans in white.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:42   #84
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new purchase.

Speeds > 100 and still engine is below 2000RPM? That is indeed great!

I had one question. The other I had the chance to sit in back seat of a Cruze. I felt that the back seat is a bit inclined.
Have others felt it, or its my imagination. There was one more guy withe me. He also felt the same.

Last edited by ampere : 1st August 2010 at 21:43.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had one question. The other I had the chance to sit in back seat of a Cruze. I felt that the back seat is a bit inclined.
Have others felt it, or its my imagination. There was one more guy withe me. He also felt the same.
When you say 'inclined' do you mean tilted backwards or do you mean it is too vertically positioned for comfort?

I'd prefer the former for long journeys.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:03   #86
BHPian

Avi, Spotted you this morning in Gachibowli near the Regional Telecom Institute. The White Annihilator looked awesome. But please get rid of the Blue ribbon on the bonnet.

Cheers,
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:31   #87
BHPian

@mobike008
Your white colour choice is cool, white cars really look good.

One suggestion though, remove the ribbon on from the bonnect asap before the UV rays start showing their effect on the colour beneath the ribbon, otherwise you will almost need to apply the abraser polish to rectify shade difference. (I am talking this from my own experience).
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:56   #88
BHPian

Hmmm pretty spot on with the driving inputs Avinash...Here are some insights to help you:
1. Gear shifts in Cruze at the best feel decent but not something overwhelming. Hyundai produces really good gearboxes. Love the crisp and butter smooth gear shifts of my i10 and i'm sure Viva must be having a good one as well. Having said that you will feel slight difference after the first service. You can ask the service guys to take care of the gearbox stiffness (if it bothers you).
2. 2nd gear is too short for my liking. Cruze manual should have come with six gears instead of five.
3. Below 1500 rpm engine struggles. I reckon you keep it above 1500 rpm for good surge. Shift at 1800-2000 rpm for smooth and relaxed running. Will also give better FE in this power band. Talking about FE, it will improve after first service. I regularly get 11.5 kmpl with 40% city and 60% highway usage. I usually drive fast.
4. Steering feels slightly light in comparison to my vRS. RS steering is almost as heavy as a bmw and thus i'm spoiled by its solid and taut feeling. And therefore i find cruze's steering slightly off the hooks. I reckon you get performance tires for better steering control. Right now you find it good because it feels better then Viva. But I still feel for a car which has abundance of torque and pace its better to have the best steering control which you can get.
5. AC is another critical part of cruze and seems like its not as reliable as it should be. A friend of mine is facing a strange problem with her cruze's AC. I guess it trips incoherently. Make sure you switch off the AC 1-2 mins before switching off the car. And repeat the same after the ignition as well. Also get your AC regularly checked and serviced during the ownership of the car. AC caution is strictly advised due to dusty conditions.

Enjoy the ownership.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:38   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

White Annihilator now shod with CPC2

I had already decided before buying the car that the first mod/upgrade would be to immediately change the OEM tyres ( JK Vectra) to Continental Premium Contact 2 ( CPC2)

Started contacting the dealers in Hyderabad and were given varying quotes and decided to use the services of new tyre dealership ( wheels) located at Tadbund, Secunderabad which was thanks to Suren181

During my discussion with the dealer, he turned out to be a good friend of a good friend which finally translated into an awesome deal.

Below is a brief comparision of JK Vectra vs. CPC2. Having driven the JK tyres for about 175kms only and completely in the city, my feedback may not be entirely accurate. Driven for about 100kms with CPC2, so their feedback is also preliminary and will add more feedback as i test them in all conditions.

JK Vectra Tyres :

These tyres are supposed to be developed specially for the Cruze. For any individual who is not concerned about outright performance, they were not really bad. It had a decent grip which I assessed with some fast tight corner and road noise was quite acceptable.

Continental Premimum Contact 2 ( CPC2) :

As soon as car is shod with these tyres and filled with nitrogen, there was an immediate and huge difference. Here is what i think about them

1. The car has become so silent, it feels like your gliding and not driving. The road noise has been reduced to zilch. The cabin is so silent, you feel as if you are at a funeral

2. Grip has been increased phenomenally on dry and smooth roads. Need to check how they perform on wet roads which supposed to be their speciality.

3. The potholes used to make a "small" thud with JK Vectra. With CPC2, they are much silent and feel is better. The sound is almost muted.

4. The steering feel has also changed to a large extent. Its much more precise and feels agile.

Downside :

CPC2 is supposed to wear out fast. Is that true? I hope it's not and mine last for 40,000kms at the minimum.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-dsc_4175.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 13:49   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
When you say 'inclined' do you mean tilted backwards or do you mean it is too vertically positioned for comfort?

I'd prefer the former for long journeys.
I meant tilted backwards. Some how I did not find it comfortable.
Kind of gave a dizzy feeling. Maybe individual perceptions.

Most Viewed