Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 19:34   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Permanent Registration Update :-

Visited Khairtabad RTA this morning and i was pleasantly suprised to see it was almost empty. Otherwise, those who know this RTA office, its always choc-a-bloc.

Btw, i checked the series that's currently going on (Aug 20th onwards).

It's :

AP 9BZ 9350
Avi---the entire crowd was probably at Rajiv Gandhi Circle this morning---I got badly stuck up for 30 mins to cross that darned place at 10 am.

As regards running numbers, wow they sure change fast. I got my kid's scooter registered in the end of June and the number allotted was AP 9BY 8506. It has changed mighty fast in a month and a half!!

The RC card was received by courier around 10 days after the vehicle was inspected, which was surprising, because my Fiesta's new RC card (after hypothecation was lifted) took more than a month in April, and my son had to visit them twice to trace the card and collect it personally (though I must have paid for the courier)
Old 20th August 2010, 20:10   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The RC card was received by courier around 10 days after the vehicle was inspected, which was surprising, because my Fiesta's new RC card (after hypothecation was lifted) took more than a month in April, and my son had to visit them twice to trace the card and collect it personally (though I must have paid for the courier)
Lucky you! I heard they don't allow people to collect it by themselves (unless of course one has enough reach/influence/jugaad whatever).

By the way the postal charge is only INR 25. Still a waste of course, but the bigger waste is the fuel + time + loss of life expectancy due to BP increase every time you must visit the RTO.

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th August 2010, 22:24   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Lucky you! I heard they don't allow people to collect it by themselves (unless of course one has enough reach/influence/jugaad whatever).

By the way the postal charge is only INR 25. Still a waste of course, but the bigger waste is the fuel + time + loss of life expectancy due to BP increase every time you must visit the RTO.

Regards,
spadix
I read in the newpapers that they had a network failure for a few days, causing that huge backlog. So I guess that is why they allowed people to collect the RC cards personally. All that was needed was the green-coloured receipt in original.

You are right regarding the fee of Rs 25. But fortunately, I live only 2 kms from the RTA office, so it was not a big deal for me.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th August 2010 at 22:25.
Old 21st August 2010, 16:40   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
have you given a thought to installing better headlamps?? How about HIDs or high power bulbs. White light will look awesome and i'm also planning to get something which is white and gives better illumination both for headlamps and fog lamps.
Ashish, I would love too. But, as you know i broke the bank to buy this car, so dont have the budget as of now.

I would really appreciate if you can highlight what you think should be a upgrade on HIDs? What do you mean high power bulbs? You mean the 110W/100W ones?

I dont even have a clue what's the stock bulbs on Cruze. Is it 55W/60W?

According to me, the Cruze lights are decent enough, i dont find it too challenging. Maybe an extensive highway drive will give me the right picture.

Quote:
Boss, wake up!
What a drama today.

Went to RTA at 10AM, was disheartened to see the long queue today as apposed to what i witnessed yesterday.

Waited in line for 45 mins and got some number and went to 2nd floor and waited in another line for another 45 mins and when the lady at the counter checked my documents, she gave me a shocker.

My Road tax receipt was dated a "Day After" my delivery and she asked me to get a DD for Rs.1030 for late payment/difference tax amount.

I called Kishore and belted some choicest of gaalis, he politely said " Sir, pay the amount to them and give us that receipt, we'll reiumburse it"

Luckily, someone noticed my predicament and said there is an old handicapped lady just outside the gate who sells DD's. I rushed out paid her Rs.120 extra for the DD's and submitted it back to counter.

My inspection was done by a very nice cop, who offered me his pencil and asked me to scrape the engine number on the documents. When done, he said, you need to scrape from other location as well.

This other location is at the foot area of driver side and there is plastic opening and engine number is engraved " deep within". The cop also did some gymastics and couldnt get it done and secretly whispered to me " submit and tell the main officer i checked, he will accept your application"

Just like that, my work was done. That cop was awesome !!!

Went to KUN Showroom, picked up the cash which was waiting for me and got back home.

Essentially, paid Rs.625 + 120 ( DD Fees) for my car registration with 3 hours spent at RTA office. Showroom otherwise charges Rs.5000 for getting the permanent number done.

Quote:
Avi---the entire crowd was probably at Rajiv Gandhi Circle this morning---I got badly stuck up for 30 mins to cross that darned place at 10 am.

As regards running numbers, wow they sure change fast. I got my kid's scooter registered in the end of June and the number allotted was AP 9BY 8506. It has changed mighty fast in a month and a half!!

Yes Venu, the numbers change pretty fast. I just hope i get a good number by fluke. I like the AP 9 BZ series though...Will look funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Will you please throw some light on the "Red Camel" thing. The suspense is killing me.

Red or brown interiors will look good in a white car. Do think of getting a clear coat (hard & scratch resistant) painted on the car, it will give it a nice gloss and keep away the scratches that Hyd CBD is famous for.

Forget the 'glass look' roof - think of a starry sky effect ceiling, your wife & colleagues of the correct gender will love it!
Ravvs, Ashish recommend that I should do up my seat covers in Red Camel leather as how it comes in white A4 OR Brown ones as in white BMW 3 Series. I am posting a couple of pictures of how they would look in a white car ( courtesy : the respective owners from their ownership thread)

I am tilting towards the Red Camel. But,need to find the right place, fabric and workmanship. Pointers would be awesome.

Can you please throw some light on what exactly is a clear coat? is it different from teflon coat? Cost?

I definetly loved the starry sky cieling in Prabhu's i20. It looked super awesome. Any idea how much it would cost in Cruze? Maybe I should check with Prabhu.

Quote:
P.S. Have you finished that running in yet? I am getting mighty impatient .
Just finished 1100kms Siree. I am myself yet to see "North" of 2000rpm.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-audi-a4_camel-red.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-bmwint3.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 20:23   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called Kishore and belted some choicest of gaalis, he politely said " Sir, pay the amount to them and give us that receipt, we'll reiumburse it"

Essentially, paid Rs.625 + 120 ( DD Fees) for my car registration with 3 hours spent at RTA office. Showroom otherwise charges Rs.5000 for getting the permanent number done.
Pride wanted 3k for this (including number plate). Super arbitrage opportunity these dealers are enjoying, and the biggest culprits are our IT brethren, encouraging them every step of the way. I got the permanent reg. done on my own. Total damage = 625 INR. Those 3.5 hrs I spent at the office would've been necessary even if I used an agent's services because as per the new rules the owner of the vehicle needs to be present at every step of the process, agent or otherwise.

Quote:
Luckily, someone noticed my predicament and said there is an old handicapped lady just outside the gate who sells DD's. I rushed out paid her Rs.120 extra for the DD's and submitted it back to counter.
Jugaad zindabaad!

Quote:
This other location is at the foot area of driver side and there is plastic opening and engine number is engraved " deep within". The cop also did some gymastics and couldnt get it done and secretly whispered to me " submit and tell the main officer i checked, he will accept your application"

Just like that, my work was done. That cop was awesome !!!
Lucky you! I had to do all those gymnastics too, in peak noon sun (along with humidity due to the rain and puddles).

I think manufacturers do this (putting the VIN in virtually unreachable locations) to prevent tampering as much as possible.

In the RTA office I went to, some folks took the short cut and did the pencil imprint from the plate on the passenger's side door jamb. The MVI gave them hell.

Regards,
spadix
Old 21st August 2010, 21:10   #231
Senior - BHPian

Avi, it is good to know you went through the process yourself, as I had done for my Fiesta. I had a real smooth time then. The whole process took less than an hour, starting with paying the fees-I think it was Rs 425 then. The dealer was charging Rs 1500 or 2000 then, including number plates, which I am sure were of the cheap variety costing about Rs 300.

I too had a good cop who was glad that I was not keen on any fancy number. He went to the extent of asking one of the guys hanging around to scrape the pencil for the VIN number--and that too for free! He also allotted me a good number totalling to 9 (which I came to know a week later), though I am not that numerological kind.

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st August 2010 at 21:11.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:47   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too had a good cop who was glad that I was not keen on any fancy number. He went to the extent of asking one of the guys hanging around to scrape the pencil for the VIN number--and that too for free!
Looks like AP-09 has good cops only! The AP3-28 MVI is very straight and honest (heard the agents outside mentioning that he doesn't take bribes and follows all rules to the 'T') but man, does he get ticked off ever so easily? Apparently, AP3-28 was to get another MVI on the 15th of this month to handle the load.

Regards,
spadix
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:35   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lucky you! I had to do all those gymnastics too, in peak noon sun (along with humidity due to the rain and puddles).

I think manufacturers do this (putting the VIN in virtually unreachable locations) to prevent tampering as much as possible.

In the RTA office I went to, some folks took the short cut and did the pencil imprint from the plate on the passenger's side door jamb. The MVI gave them hell.
Thank god, i hadnt had to do any of those gymnastics as the VIN number is really in a " deep place" which is impossible to reach. I am glad that process is behind me.

Btw, when can i check the website to see my permanent number?

I checked with the cop and he said you can get the number plate made the minute the number is reflected on the website. No need to wait for the actual RC card to arrive at your doorstep.

If your particular, he said you can wait for it to arrive ( not sure how much time it will take) and just flash the receipt to cops in case they catch you for driving with T/R plate and they will let you go

Quote:
Avi, it is good to know you went through the process yourself, as I had done for my Fiesta. I had a real smooth time then. The whole process took less than an hour, starting with paying the fees-I think it was Rs 425 then. The dealer was charging Rs 1500 or 2000 then, including number plates, which I am sure were of the cheap variety costing about Rs 300.

I too had a good cop who was glad that I was not keen on any fancy number. He went to the extent of asking one of the guys hanging around to scrape the pencil for the VIN number--and that too for free! He also allotted me a good number totalling to 9 (which I came to know a week later), though I am not that numerological kind.
Yes sir, process is pretty much simplified and i don't mind wasting 3 hours of my time to save more than a couple of grand

Quote:
Looks like AP-09 has good cops only! The AP3-28 MVI is very straight and honest (heard the agents outside mentioning that he doesn't take bribes and follows all rules to the 'T') but man, does he get ticked off ever so easily? Apparently, AP3-28 was to get another MVI on the 15th of this month to handle the load.
Even the chief cop sitting at the table ( we can differentiate the boss just with their attitude, can't we?) was also pretty strict but, gentle at the same time. Looked like bribes dont work for him as well.

OT: All the while i was doing the inspection jugaad, i was chatting up with a richie boy who was getting his Gixxer ( 1000cc) registered. It was a pretty looking bike in White and Dark Blue combination. Though, i am a big fan of an R1 in Black and Kawasaki Ninja in Green.

He told me, he bought it for 14L + OTR. And, here we are buying 4-wheels for the same amount. He seemed to know the main cop and was chatting with him for a long time.

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd August 2010 at 23:37.
Old 23rd August 2010, 00:12   #234
BHPian

Congos on the car avi, Love this thing..

I was tracking the current series of numbers in khairatabad RTO to get my nike registered. and According to the online update of RTO office , As on 21st the series is AP 09 BZ 55**.
So ecpect your number to be around 55** to 57**.
Check the doc attached for details
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ALL_CUR_NO_2108101282366669.pdf (3.8 KB, 8514 views)
Old 23rd August 2010, 02:13   #235
Senior - BHPian

Clear coat

A clear coat is a paint. Your car might have one on it but, it might be worthwhile to get another one, it will be more expensive than teflon but it is permanent and will really protect the paint.

I like both the seat covers in the pictures. I too prefer tan, toffee, coffee, etc. for seats esp in white cars. Stanley has a new shop in JH, other guys are Baron etc. Suren / Prabu should be able to give you a heads-up on this.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:57   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Congos on the car avi, Love this thing..

I was tracking the current series of numbers in khairatabad RTO to get my nike registered. and According to the online update of RTO office , As on 21st the series is AP 09 BZ 55**.
So ecpect your number to be around 55** to 57**.
Check the doc attached for details
Thanks. I was aware that my number would fall in the range that you outlined. Keeping my fingers crossed

Quote:
A clear coat is a paint. Your car might have one on it but, it might be worthwhile to get another one, it will be more expensive than teflon but it is permanent and will really protect the paint.

I like both the seat covers in the pictures. I too prefer tan, toffee, coffee, etc. for seats esp in white cars. Stanley has a new shop in JH, other guys are Baron etc. Suren / Prabu should be able to give you a heads-up on this.
More expensive than a teflon coat??? Hmm, then it has to go on a back burner for the time being.

As you may know, i got another "free" teflon coat from the dealer which i plan to utilize during the 5000kms service, so that should provide an added protection for the time being.

Mileage Update :

1st Tankful

515kms covered
100% in city congested traffic with 100% AC ON
50 Litres filled ( stopped at auto-cut)
FE : 10.30KMPL

2nd Tankful

Warning lamp didnt even come on but, i was in a hurry as damn curious to check out the average.

Total 500kms covered
200kms on highway
300 Kms in city congested traffic with 100% AC ON
With one instance of covering 20kms in 2.5 hours in heavy traffic.

44 Litres filled ( stopped at auto-cut)
FE : 11.36KMPL

I am glad to see the upward swing. Hope it continues to go UP
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:45   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
44 Litres filled ( stopped at auto-cut)
FE : 11.36KMPL

I am glad to see the upward swing. Hope it continues to go UP
Get it out on the ORR-PVNR circuit, man! Based on rough calculations derived from the in-dash F/E indicator (which surprisingly is showing a figure very close to my tankful-to-tankful-dervied calculation) BQ returned 14.5 kmpl on that return stretch day before yesterday.

Interesting to hear of the guy with the Gixxer. Around two years back I had this mad dream of buying an R1, but it remains just that now. BQ has ensured my wallet will stay afloat in the un-saltiest of waters.

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th August 2010, 12:29   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Get it out on the ORR-PVNR circuit, man! Based on rough calculations derived from the in-dash F/E indicator (which surprisingly is showing a figure very close to my tankful-to-tankful-dervied calculation) BQ returned 14.5 kmpl on that return stretch day before yesterday.
Chief, the FE calculator showing a reasonably higher mileage only for a short distance aint the right way of judging the exact FE.

Tankful-to-Tankful using the auto-cut method is

Right now, i am twiddling my fingers and waiting for the number to show up on the website. It's already 2 days, hope it shows up today
Old 24th August 2010, 19:03   #239
BHPian

@mobike : AFAIK, The numbers will be updated in the website everyday at 6:00pm. Entire day's appliations will be alloted on the same day. Applied for a number today in the morning and I got it by 6:10pm. I got ap09bz5995.
Old 24th August 2010, 21:53   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
@mobike : AFAIK, The numbers will be updated in the website everyday at 6:00pm. Entire day's appliations will be alloted on the same day. Applied for a number today in the morning and I got it by 6:10pm. I got ap09bz5995.
Congrats KoW, thats one heck of a number. Can we trade?

Btw, how did you come to know of your number? I am trying out this link :

Welcome to aptransport.org

And, i am getting a data not found response

Is this the right link? Or am i doing something wrong here?

Another thing. I think you can write AP 9 BZ 5995 ( i.e, without the 0 prefix). Right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks