Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 15:27   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived. EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Thanks avi - if at all we have any success this could be a cure to the drivability issue. I know you are not someone who would ever want to use it, but think of it, you may able to achieve your long distance drivability goal - what say ?
DM, you got this wrong. E is supposed to increase the mileage which means it tampers with the ECM and reduces the power thereby increasing the turbolag ( I presume). So how can it solve the driveability issue? Or is it your referring to Hyd-Bangy-Hyd goal in one tankful? If the latter, I reckon yes i think with E mode on, I can do Hyd-Bangy-Hyd in one tankful

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Avi, once again- congrats! Now your Cruze should carry a public health safety warning, because the already deadly combo of you and WA has now become lethal!!
LOL Himanshu. Thanks for your kind words but, iam a slow driver by all means as I value fellow road users life as well as mine

Quote:
funnily enough, Race Dynamics call the Cruze engine "2.0 TCDi", whereas it is vCDI since it is a variable geometry turbo. kinda ironic, since you would expect the company to at least know what engine they were working on
You got sharp eyes. I was waiting for someone to pick on that point. Even i noticed it after i got home and while taking pictures of the box. I will check with Aniruddha ( AP Distrubutor) when I speak with him next. But, at the moment I assume that as a print mistake

Next post talks about some minor cosmetic upgrades WA got along with the RD Box....Stay tuned
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 10:47   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived. EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics B

WA got some minor cosmetic upgradations. Finally found some time to get a simple DRL and Sill plates to make it look a bit jazzy during night time.

They were ordered online and got them fixed through an accessory dealer.

Before someone points out, Yeah the bumper on the left is coming out as there is a screw that came off. I tried fitting it back but, when the car goes over a bump it comes off again.

Getting a permanent solution to bumper over the weekend.

Now time for some pictures !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0101001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0102001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0104001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0108001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0113001.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_0115001.jpg  

Old 20th September 2012, 08:35   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Before someone points out, Yeah the bumper on the left is coming out as there is a screw that came off. I tried fitting it back but, when the car goes over a bump it comes off again.

Getting a permanent solution to bumper over the weekend.

Now time for some pictures !!!
I have the exact same issue with my left front bumper section. Its not a screw but a clamp that seems to have broken off. I strongly suspect it is a design issue for Indian road conditions by either being too fragile or being too sensitive to suspension shocks. I am determined to get it fixed in the upcoming 22.5k Km service.
Old 20th September 2012, 09:45   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Like the illluminated door-sills; they both look good and will also save the sills themslves from getting scuffed over time.

Frankly, unsure of the 'bluish' DRLs. In my personal opinion, the pure white LEDs look better - but are much more expensive than normal and not worth it as such.
Old 20th September 2012, 09:48   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
I have the exact same issue with my left front bumper section. Its not a screw but a clamp that seems to have broken off. I strongly suspect it is a design issue for Indian road conditions by either being too fragile or being too sensitive to suspension shocks. I am determined to get it fixed in the upcoming 22.5k Km service.
Well, this is not an issue with Cruze overall but, primarily an issue due to my aggressive driving style. Even in heavy traffic situations, I tend to dart into gaps and more than once occasion, I have slightly scraped an auto while making my way through that gap and always find my left side bumper take the brunt of my aggressive move

I agree the clamp is broken. Choice is change the entire bumper which is 16K ( 8K from pocket after insurance) OR look for a DIY solution.

I am getting a DIY solution done over the weekend that should cost me no more than 1K but, should see a permanent solution for this irritating and ghastly looking problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Like the illluminated door-sills; they both look good and will also save the sills themslves from getting scuffed over time.

Frankly, unsure of the 'bluish' DRLs. In my personal opinion, the pure white LEDs look better - but are much more expensive than normal and not worth it as such.
Totally agree with you. The Sill plates look superb even in person. But, I myself didnt like the DRL's as they are as you rightly said are bluish and look a bit tacky. Will get rid of them in a few weeks time

Here is a video taken from inside my WA during Sep 16th Team-BHP Drive meet to Nizambad. We drove 350kms to and forth on a glorious 4-lane highway.

Enjoy !!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th September 2012 at 09:52.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:07   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

Neat video. I need to make time for the BLR meets :-)

Have gone in for a little treat for my LT as well. Will revert with feedback once fitted - will need to go to a good installer here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2908639
Old 20th September 2012, 12:22   #967
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on RD box; glad that you haven't seen smoke issues unlike your Peted Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Performance
Cruze is a seriously fast car. It's performance continues to dazzle me as even after completing 30,000kms I am still not in a hurry to upgrade WA with a powerbox (Otherwise, i am inherently impatient by nature and quickly upgrade to a powerbox or any such thing that can boost up the power ratings of a car.
BTW, you have installed powerbox within a month of this post.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 12:46   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
BTW, you have installed powerbox within a month of this post.
I never realized it.

Thanks for pointing it out. It just goes to show how impatient I was for the RD box
Old 21st September 2012, 14:32   #969
BHPian

It's a neat Looking car you have there. I am very thankful to your thread, as it helped me to decide on the car that I should buy. I was test driving the 2012 Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer EX and the Chevy Cruze, here in Bangkok. Finally, I settled on the Cruze LT 1.8 Petrol version. Shall post pics soon.

You should get some mod ideas for the white Annihilator from this link :
http://www.steeroids.in/a-dark-knigh...steeroids.html

Cheers!!
DevilsDoggie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 16:15   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
It's a neat Looking car you have there. I am very thankful to your thread, as it helped me to decide on the car that I should buy. I was test driving the 2012 Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Lancer EX and the Chevy Cruze, here in Bangkok. Finally, I settled on the Cruze LT 1.8 Petrol version. Shall post pics soon.
Great to know that my thread helped you make up your mind on the Cruze.

Look forward to some pictures of your Cruze here and if possible with a brief write up on its performance ( +/-) as its a petrol model.

Thanks for the linky. I was brought to attention by fellow moderator on same car ( its there in the modifications thread too). By god,it looks simply mindblowing and got to be the best looking Cruze in India.

Btw, TDI Racing owner lives a few blocks away from my home in Hyderabad and met him a few times too, though his business is in Bangalore.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 10:13   #971
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Finally, got time to upload the pics to my garage. Here's the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...do=view&g=4881

I will write the review of the petrol version soon.

Cheers!
Old 25th September 2012, 10:33   #972
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Avi- when i saw that video, i was wondering why all those "slow" cars were overtaking you.....then i realised that it was the good old Avi- let everyone overtake and then show them who is the "boss"..... Great vid- felt nostalgic remembering those awesome drives that i was a part of as well, esp the ones to N'sagar!

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 25th September 2012 at 10:43.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 11:39   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi- when i saw that video, i was wondering why all those "slow" cars were overtaking you.....then i realised that it was the good old Avi- let everyone overtake and then show them who is the "boss"..... Great vid- felt nostalgic remembering those awesome drives that i was a part of as well, esp the ones to N'sagar!
Haha! As we were shooting the video, I let the cars pass me. Otherwise, do you think they can pass me? Btw, position even now during drives is same.

Being 1st gets so lonely sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsDoggie View Post
Finally, got time to upload the pics to my garage. Here's the link:
Thanks. Looks lovely in black. And, I liked your interiors too. Is that custom made ( dashboard?)

Look forward to the review soon.
Old 28th September 2012, 11:28   #974
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi, how much of a reduction is the turbo lag? I understand yours is the first Cruze which had a good amount of lag, how is it in actual stop and go traffic? I am installing the RD on my Manza today after seeing your review I made this decision and will provide feedback on the ownership thread.
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:13   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi Avi, how much of a reduction is the turbo lag? I understand yours is the first Cruze which had a good amount of lag, how is it in actual stop and go traffic? I am installing the RD on my Manza today after seeing your review I made this decision and will provide feedback on the ownership thread.
oops, sorry for not checking on my thread till now as i was out of the country till last weekend. Congrat on getting yourself an RD box, I am sure your enjoying it thoroughly

I read your feedback and mine is more or less the same. P2 mode is insane in Cruze as i think it crosses the 200BHP barrier making the car blindingly fast.

The turbolag has reduced significantly and just to give you an example from a short drive of 80kms yesterday in heavy rains

I was in P1 at 40kmph in 5th gear and RPM needle was below 1000RPM ( maybe around 850RPM-900RPM) and a slight tap sent the car scooting.

Imagine at such low rpm that was the response

Needless to say, the following are the major USP's of RD box :-

1. Significant improvement in reduction of turbolag
2. Awesome improvement in roll-on accelaration figures
3. No sign of any excessive smoke which is confirmed from other Team-BHP members who came for the drive ( as you see in the video). This is truly the best of all as during my Pete's Box ownership the smoke had INCREASED significantly in my previous car.

Overall, I am a happy man

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th October 2012 at 10:09.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks