Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 22:21   #1006
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

@Mobike008: I have crossed 11k, and I have consistently hit 13.5 - 14.0 in Bangalore commute. On the highways, I get 16.

Your FE seems quite low.

BH.
Old 11th November 2012, 13:56   #1007
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
@Mobike008: I have crossed 11k, and I have consistently hit 13.5 - 14.0 in Bangalore commute. On the highways, I get 16. Your FE seems quite low.
Thats wonderful and I assume your's is a manual Cruze? I was thinking my Cruze was one of the better FE giving Cruze's on the forum but, yours takes the cake

Majority of Cruze's gives an FE of 11kmpl-12kmpl in city and 14kmpl on highway.

What's your calculation methodology? Care to elaborate?
Old 11th November 2012, 21:08   #1008
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats wonderful and I assume your's is a manual Cruze? I was thinking my Cruze was one of the better FE giving Cruze's on the forum but, yours takes the cake
You are looking at Fuel Effiency figures and concerned about it on your WA with an Performance box on its brain? Now thats an insult to the box!

You have erased the mileage word from its system and put SPEED only.

Nice to see you look at FE though. You use the tankful-tankful method right?

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 14th November 2012, 11:35   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You are looking at Fuel Effiency figures and concerned about it on your WA with an Performance box on its brain?
....Iam the last person to get worried about fuel efficiency. But, being a stickler for things that I love. It may surprise you that I calculate every tankful for all my cars

Quote:
Nice to see you look at FE though. You use the tankful-tankful method right?
Yup. I never filled 100bucks/500 bucks worth fuel as that concept is hard for me to understand.

I top-up when the warning light comes up and also stop at auto-cut even if the dispenser shows 49.37L/Rs.2239.05 when the attendant coaxes me to round it off to 2250.

I politely tell him to stop OR ask him to pay the difference if he's so concerned of "rounding off" the figure
Old 14th November 2012, 18:43   #1010
BANNED

Quote:
I top-up when the warning light comes up and also stop at auto-cut even if the dispenser shows 49.37L/Rs.2239.05 when the attendant coaxes me to round it off to 2250.

I politely tell him to stop OR ask him to pay the difference if he's so concerned of "rounding off" the figure
Which petrol pump do you fill? Is it the same one always and the same dispenser used? Do the attendants agree to fill up when they you ask them to stop at Auto-cut off?

I have had a couple of incidents where they refuse to fill when asked to cut-off when the dispenser does. That's why asked!

Anurag.
Old 14th November 2012, 18:59   #1011
BHPian

Quote:

I have had a couple of incidents where they refuse to fill when asked to cut-off when the dispenser does. That's why asked!

Anurag.
You have all right to raise a complaint on the pump station and on the attender. I have never ever come across such a pump station. When instructed clearly and firmly, no one does something different.
Old 14th November 2012, 19:43   #1012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
You have all right to raise a complaint on the pump station and on the attender. I have never ever come across such a pump station. When instructed clearly and firmly, no one does something different.

I know it is against the law but yes there were incidents when reported to the head of the manager he says "Saar, Auto cut-off works some times it doesn't work sometime so I can't guarantee anything. Why have a fight for a few liters Saar!"

I just didn't know what to say and left to my regular bunk which is 2 kms extra. Nevertheless I fill only in one pump on a single dispenser!

Anurag.
Old 14th November 2012, 21:36   #1013
BHPian

Quote:

Majority of Cruze's gives an FE of 11kmpl-12kmpl in city and 14kmpl on highway.

What's your calculation methodology? Care to elaborate?
This is from the driver info display. I just did 1600 km round trip BLR - GOA. tank to tank with auto cut off is how I manually corroborate too. nearly the same. And I have already done 11500 km in under six months.

Mine is a manual too, LTZ though. And I don't smoke running from light to light. I have ACC on always. I keep the speed below 140 kmph on highways. Usually 120 cruise controlled. I brake less in general (something I brought back from the UK).

Edit: I weigh 60 kilos! Should explain some of it :-)

Last edited by BurningHeart : 14th November 2012 at 21:44.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:36   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which petrol pump do you fill? Is it the same one always and the same dispenser used? Do the attendants agree to fill up when they you ask them to stop at Auto-cut off?
My standard bunk is BP at Hyderguda, Next to Bahar Cafe ( famous for biryani, need to give landmarks related to biryani as I find most hydeez then quickly understand the location)

Due to my regularity with them I am known to them and I got my best FE from this bunk

Once I tanked up and realized I forgot my wallet at home, they said " No Problem Sir, when your passing by next, pay us the money"

Quote:
You have every right to ask them to stop. However, i notice most customers are not clear in their instructions.

I instruct clearly with emphasize and watch the dispenser with a hawk' eye

Quote:
tank to tank with auto cut off is how I manually corroborate too. nearly the same. And I have already done 11500 km in under six months.
Auto-cut tank to tank is the ONLY right way to get the real FE figures. I dont beileve so much on the MID's

Thats a lot of driving in 6 months.

Quote:
And I don't smoke running from light to light. I have ACC on always. I keep the speed below 140 kmph on highways. Usually 120 cruise controlled. I brake less in general (something I brought back from the UK).
Ah! Slight difference here. I normally drive as if my tail is on fire

I touch 140kmph almost daily on my way to work and I too brake as much less as its possible and can be evidenced by my stock brake pads lasting me till 33,000kms while majority Cruze owners are changing it < 20,000kms

Quote:
Edit: I weigh 60 kilos! Should explain some of it :-)
That should not really make much difference. I assume you drive mostly alone which is also the case for me (75% of time i am alone in the car)

P.S: I am off for a short trip to Srisailam this weekend. 500kms of beautiful scenary, ghat sections etc...Will post some pics of WA on return !!!
Old 15th November 2012, 14:52   #1015
BHPian

Avi Bhai , are you taking the ORR to your workplace?? 140Kmph in city would be too risky.

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2012 at 15:18. Reason: Excluded the incorrect quote tag
Old 15th November 2012, 15:11   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Avi Bhai , are you taking the ORR to your workplace??
Nope Brajesh Bhai. I stopped taking the city route to work a few months ago.

I take the Mehdipatnam->Langer Houz->Taramati Baradari->Kokapet-> Gachibowli Financial District
Old 15th November 2012, 16:19   #1017
BHPian

Quote:

Auto-cut tank to tank is the ONLY right way to get the real FE figures. I dont beileve so much on the MID's

Thats a lot of driving in 6 months.
I didn't realise till I read your post saying you drove about 21000 in 1 year. And you had been to Manali and so on. Anyways, this is due to 2 trips to Kerala from BLR and one to GOA. So that itself is about 5000+ km.

But I had done 60k in my Spark in about 3.5 years before this.
Quote:
Ah! Slight difference here. I normally drive as if my tail is on fire

I touch 140kmph almost daily on my way to work and I too brake as much less as its possible and can be evidenced by my stock brake pads lasting me till 33,000kms while majority Cruze owners are changing it < 20,000kms
So it seems that you have an outer ring road in Hyd and in Bangalore we have an Ourter Wring Road. I do not want to share space with Criminals, for few seconds of bliss.
Quote:

That should not really make much difference. I assume you drive mostly alone which is also the case for me (75% of time i am alone in the car)
You seem a lot bigger than 60 kilos.
Quote:
P.S: I am off for a short trip to Srisailam this weekend. 500kms of beautiful scenary, ghat sections etc...Will post some pics of WA on return !!!
Heard about that from someone who did Srisailam and Ahobilam (did I get that right?). Good scenery is what I heard but very hostile terrains apparently being tackled by MM machinery with bald tyres. Hellish and scary is what then occurred to me. Will look forward to your version. Have a safe drive!
Old 15th November 2012, 16:33   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't realise till I read your post saying you drove about 21000 in 1 year. And you had been to Manali and so on.
Oh Yeah! That ~6K kms trip is still memorable. I did that drive to prove a point that Cruze can take any hostile terrain condition and it came out in flying colors as I went through almost all types of terrain during that drive

But, if you ask me if i will do it again. My answer would be "NO"

It's just too much of driving and wasting precious holiday time. I decided to remain happy with maximum 2000kms drives in future

Quote:
You seem a lot bigger than 60 kilos.
You can say that again. I am 6ft.1in and 100kgs so I am nowhere near your weight range

Quote:
Good scenery is what I heard but very hostile terrains apparently being tackled by MM machinery with bald tyres. Hellish and scary is what then occurred to me. Will look forward to your version. Have a safe drive!
I have been to Srisailam many times in the past and know the road quite well and done it in almost all my cars except the Cruze. Technically, it will be first time in the Cruze and its not as bad as its made out to be

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2012 at 16:35.
Old 15th November 2012, 20:07   #1019
BANNED

Quote:
My standard bunk is BP at Hyderguda, Next to Bahar Cafe (famous for biryani, need to give landmarks related to biryani as I find most hydeez then quickly understand the location)

Ya ya we Hyderabadis are famous for food more than anything else. Food alerts the whole bunch like no other.

Have you tried filling up with Shell Diesel?

So when is the Srisailam trip and will you stay there or return the same day? Even I am planning to do one trip there. So might read your post and update once your back?
Old 19th November 2012, 11:55   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried filling up with Shell Diesel?
I filled once long back and didnt find any difference in smoothness nor FE. Besides, those days the difference in price was also substantial.

Quote:
So when is the Srisailam trip and will you stay there or return the same day? Even I am planning to do one trip there. So might read your post and update once your back?
I completed a day trip of Srisailam on last saturday and covered exactly 550km and returned back in evening.

FE Update
I am pleased to report that I got one of my best FE till date with Racedynamics box in P1 mode through out the entire trip.

In this trip, I covered 555kms in 37 Litres of diesel which is exactly 15kmpl

Above included a wrong turn which compelled me to take a detour of 60kms through some of the narrowest, broken roads with heavy oncoming traffic which was harrowing experience to say the least. On top of that another 16kms ( 8kms one way) to visit a waterfall was another bad decision as roads for that entire stretch were terrible.

Perhaps another reason is I kept WA at a sedate 120kmph-140kmph with a few bursts at higher speed whenever a chance cropped up

It took 2+ years to see this improvement in FE

P.S: A few random pictures from this trip will come up tomorrow
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed