Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2013, 23:24   #1051
BHPian

H guys I need some help.

Off late I have seen some water near the driver area towards the centre console. Don't know from where is it coming but I am very concerned.

Any one else seen this or faced the issue.

Regards
Kailash
Old 11th February 2013, 12:19   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
When I roll on there is a a side ways jerk that I feel. I also feel some eccentricity in rotation and that results in slight vibration of the steering. When I brake down from anywhere in 100+, there is a fair amount of vibration on the steering wheel. What could be wrong? I got the alignment (ah, yes, it pulls like crazy again to the left) and balancing done at the dealer!!!
Didnt understand what you mean by side-ways jerk?

I think you should visit a reputed WA & WB store and re-do entire alignment and balance. Check for following

Rotate tyres if more wear in front

Ensure the nuts are tighented properly. I had once faced an issue when nuts where not tightened properly resulting in some vibrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Off late I have seen some water near the driver area towards the centre console. Don't know from where is it coming but I am very concerned.
Strange. Never faced this issue at all. Is this after a water-wash? Check the engine bay and see if there is any leakage/hole towards the back-end of the bonnet

Anycase, it can be only due to either water-wash or AC water leakage. Get both these checked ASAP
Old 12th February 2013, 08:39   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

I have been thinking of giving a new look to White Annihilator for a long time but, I loved its stock look too much to tamper with its looks

Last weekend, something snapped in my mind....and i just headed to my favorite detailing shop to get an interior + exterior + paint the stock alloys in matt black.

I wanted to paint the brake pads in "Chevy Gold" but, didnt want to risk them opening the tyre for painting as then i would need a wheel alignment and balance.

Will get them painted in gold a day before when iam due for alignment and balance.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4052.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4058.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4061.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4062.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4054.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4064.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc4065.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 09:01   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Black Matt Finish looks drooling really.
I think the current setting might be better than convert Brake caliper to Chevy Gold.
Try to post some PS job with Chevy Gold color.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 15:18   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Black Matt Finish looks drooling really.
I think the current setting might be better than convert Brake caliper to Chevy Gold.Try to post some PS job with Chevy Gold color.
Thanks. Yeah the matt black looks good. Actually, looks better in flesh

I had just visualized the chevy gold as the paint guy was insisting on red for brake calipers.

So it's going to be either a Chevy Gold OR Ferrari Red

I reckon only a PS job will bring this to the decision table
Old 13th February 2013, 09:57   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I had just visualized the chevy gold as the paint guy was insisting on red for brake calipers.

Hey Avi!
Looks really good! About the colour of the calipers, Red would look amazing.

Anyway, it'd be of great help if you could mention the prices for painting. I want to get it done as well. And is the paint capable of withstanding the heat? The wheel heat of a lot and calipers even more so.

In any case. Looks amazing!!
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 10:36   #1057
BHPian

Quote:

The finish appears a bit glossy, but that is probably due to the pics. Might look duller in flesh.
And agree with rangakishen on the calipers, red is THE color for calipers. IMO, it stands out much more than golden color. But as you said, nothing like a PS job with both side-by-side. Let us know what you decide and post pics once done.

Say, how about a white color for calipers? Would go with your car body color.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 11:31   #1058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Hey Avi!Looks really good! About the colour of the calipers, Red would look amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
And agree with rangakishen on the calipers, red is THE color for calipers. IMO, it stands out much more than golden color. But as you said, nothing like a PS job with both side-by-side. Let us know what you decide and post pics once done.
Thanks, looks like Red is getting more votes. And, yeah, Who doesn't like Ferrari Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Anyway, it'd be of great help if you could mention the prices for painting. I want to get it done as well. And is the paint capable of withstanding the heat? The wheel heat of a lot and calipers even more so.
Now please dont fall off your chair when I say this ; Each wheel costed Rs.300/-ONLY. A good quality spray paint was used. I am not sure if recall seeing the brand as 3M but, definetly some good brand

Ofcourse, they can withstand the heat. If they don't, re-paint them

Quote:
The finish appears a bit glossy, but that is probably due to the pics. Might look duller in flesh
Yes, the pics are taken in broad daylight under bright sun-light. It is matt-black and looks better in person than these pictures.

Quote:
Say, how about a white color for calipers? Would go with your car body color.
Is that a devious scheme of yours to post my car pics in the weird and wacky thread of the forum?
Old 13th February 2013, 11:43   #1059
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome work! My vote is for Ferrari red. But yeah, need to see a PS job first.
Binzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 11:49   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Now please dont fall off your chair when I say this ; Each wheel costed Rs.300/-ONLY. A good quality spray paint was used. I am not sure if recall seeing the brand as 3M but, definetly some good brand
OMG!! you always surprise us by getting quality things/output with a very very low price tag. I remember you did the same when you disclosed the cost incurred for your seat covers.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 12:49   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
Awesome work! My vote is for Ferrari red. But yeah, need to see a PS job first.
Thanks. Will request a friend to help me out there as I dont know how to use PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
OMG!! you always surprise us by getting quality things/output with a very very low price tag. I remember you did the same when you disclosed the cost incurred for your seat covers.
Thanks. You have an amazing memory. Seat's deal was more than 2 years ago. I love to get the bang out of my buck

DUAL-CHANNEL RACE DYNAMICS BOX REPORT

Thanks to Chetan, I have been using the dual-channel Racedynamics box for about 3 days now. Chetan installed it on my Cruze on Monday evening and I have driven about 125kms since then in both P1 and P2 mode

Here is a brief "Feel Report" of the Dual Channel Racedynamics Box

Product Look & Feel

The box looks exactly like the single-channel expect for a better packing color than the previous one. You can identify the DC box easily as it comes in blue color instead of the black in SC

Also, another instant identification mark is that it comes with 2 wires branching off for two different components (That's why its dual channel). One if for the Rail Pressure Control and another is for Boost control.

Installation took approximately 15 minutes while we all enjoyed some hot samosas

Then me, Chetan and Anirudh (AP Distributor) went for a spin on the necklace road. That TD was for about 10-15kms and only in P1 mode. I was blown away to say the least. Since then I have driven a little over 100kms in various traffic conditions.

50% in open highways and 50% in heavy traffic

P1 MODE

What you'll instantly feel after taking off is the additional power on the wheels in this mode and after driving it only for a few kms, I instantly
realized that car feels EXACTLY the same as it felt in P2 mode of single channel.

Anyone using an RD box knows that P2 is blindingly fast and same result is now acheived in P1 mode in dual-channel.

Like the previous version, it reduces the lag to a large extent and helps in heavy traffic condition.

P2 MODE

I was enjoying the P1 mode throughly as power output was phenomenal to say the least and was apprehensive of slotting the box in P2. I took the decision to do it yesterday and drove on an empty stretch of highway for about 20kms and I just dont have any words to explain my exhilaration.

Let me sum it up this way ; WA feels like a through-bred race car and feels really fast in P2 mode ( To take an analogy that's not there in real-world, P3 of Single Channel Box)

Here are some casual roll-on figures that I noted down while driving this new box 100kmph comes up in 5th gear at a ridiculously low 1500rpm.

And, the beauty is you touch 100kmph so fast, it's surreal

50kmph in 5th gear and well below 1000rpm (around 800rpm), a small tap to the gas and the car leaps forward as if unleashed from a cage.

RD claims this box has also improved in following parameters:-
a) Engine Smoothness
b) Better NVH

Well, I cannot exactly confirm if these two parameters have also improved as I didnt feel much change but, the difference in power compared to the single-channel is there for sure.

Also, when I expressed my concerns on detrimental effects of this box on the engine in the long run since now it tampers with both rail pressure and turbo boost, the answer that I received was that boost is well within the limit and is tested exhaustively under many conditions and car models.

Well, at this point of time, I am going to believe them as being a user of Pete's Box for many kms, I like RD way better. Only time will tell if this box effects negatively on the engine.

To wrap up, Iam using this box from last 3 days and lovin' it !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 13:56   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Great report mobike, so I am guessing the P2 in the current Single channel which they claim to give 30% more bhp than stock will essentially become the P1 in Dual channel with the added advantage of mileage. Thats sweet. I guess the only thing else to know is if we can get the old single channel exchanged for the new box and pay the differential
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 15:58   #1063
anb
BHPian

Quote:
My car has completed a few hundred kms over 35,000kms. As there is a service interval for every 5000kms wherein they hardly do anything except check for all mechanicals is working and other related sundry checks, wash and return the car.

I was wondering should I skip this service as car is doing absolutely awesome with zero issues.
The service interval is 7500 km now. The next service is at 37,500 km not at 35,000km.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 16:01   #1064
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
The service interval is 7500 km now. The next service is at 37,500 km not at 35,000km.
What is now?

Mine is 2010 Cruze so 37.5K interval applies even to the older model or only to newer models?

Having said that, My car is doing just fine at 36K kms and I absolutely dont feel the need for any service right now.

Should I go at 40K kms? Also, what exactly do they do at 37,500kms service interval?
Old 15th February 2013, 16:08   #1065
anb
BHPian

Quote:
What is now?

Mine is 2010 Cruze so 37.5K interval applies even to the older model or only to newer models?

Having said that, My car is doing just fine at 36K kms and I absolutely dont feel the need for any service right now.

Should I go at 40K kms? Also, what exactly do they do at 37,500kms service interval?
It applies to all models. Mine is a 2010 model. Service intervals are 30000,37500,45000,52500,60000 km . So yo don't need to go for 40K km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks