Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2013, 16:13   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
It applies to all models. Mine is a 2010 model. Service intervals are 30000,37500,45000,52500,60000 km . So yo don't need to go for 40K km.
Thanks. I reckon will skip the entire range and go directly at 45,000kms even though since past week, I already got two calls from KUN reminding me of service

Btw, another sad news is my favorite SA (Sampath Reddy) has quit KUN

Darn! Need to start afresh with my relationship building exercise
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 15:38   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Let me sum it up this way ; WA feels like a through-bred race car and feels really fast in P2 mode ( To take an analogy that's not there in real-world, P3 of Single Channel Box)

Here are some casual roll-on figures that I noted down while driving this new box 100kmph comes up in 5th gear at a ridiculously low 1500rpm.

And, the beauty is you touch 100kmph so fast, it's surreal

50kmph in 5th gear and well below 1000rpm (around 800rpm), a small tap to the gas and the car leaps forward as if unleashed from a cage.
What is the RPM at 100km\hr in 5th gear when the car was stock?

AFAIK,these figures are determined by speedo calibration and gearing.
Not sure as to how can a tuning box alter these figures.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th February 2013 at 17:12. Reason: Please dont quote the entire large post. Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 17:15   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What is the RPM at 100km\hr in 5th gear when the car was stock?

AFAIK,these figures are determined by speedo calibration and gearing.
Not sure as to how can a tuning box alter these figures.
Tuning box such as RD Dual Channel increase the fuel injection pressure (I think from 1600bar to a higher number 1800bar or higher)that goes into the engine at a higher speed and also controls the turbo boost thereby providing much higher torque generation for faster accelaration which is reached at a lower engine speed

Iam not sure if i recall correctly but, stock Cruze will touch 120kmph in 5th gear at 2000rpm ( or around that vicinity)
Old 19th February 2013, 17:22   #1069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tuning box such as RD Dual Channel increase the fuel injection pressure (I think from 1600bar to a higher number 1800bar or higher)that goes into the engine at a higher speed and also controls the turbo boost thereby providing much higher torque generation for faster accelaration which is reached at a lower engine speed

Iam not sure if i recall correctly but, stock Cruze will touch 120kmph in 5th gear at 2000rpm ( or around that vicinity)
But the engine speed at a certain speed depends on the gear ratio. That is mechanical. Its not possible for a tuning box to alter that.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 17:39   #1070
Team-BHP Support

Mobike, What Akshay says is right. I don't think the speeds in a gear will change with the RD box. The rpm at a particular speed will always be the same because the gearbox decides that ratio. You may get to that speed faster and the torque produced maybe more at a particular rpm but the rpm vs gear vs speed ratio will not change with a RD box.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 13:51   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmmmm...

What you guys say sound right by logic but, what Iam experiencing, what's the explanation for that?

100kmph at 1500rpm (RD) vs. 100kmph at 1800rpm (stock)
Old 20th February 2013, 15:59   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Avinash, are you still running on the dual channel RD box on your cruze? If so can you please update on any other finer details that you noticed? I am planning a dual channel box for my i20 soon. So wanted to understand more about it! Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 16:03   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Strange!
Can you post the pics of the speedo and rev counter - with and without the box - for a given speed (kmph)?
Old 20th February 2013, 16:23   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hi Avinash, are you still running on the dual channel RD box on your cruze? If so can you please update on any other finer details that you noticed? I am planning a dual channel box for my i20 soon. So wanted to understand more about it! Thanks
Sagar, Ever since my last update, havent driven more than 200kms ( was out on office travel)

I still cannot confirm that their is an improvement on NVH or smoothness as even with single channel there were no problems. Car behaved as stock in these parameters

What is evident is difference in EXTRA power from single to dual channel

Go for it...Iam thoroughly enjoying the DC box

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Strange!Can you post the pics of the speedo and rev counter - with and without the box - for a given speed (kmph)?
Well, I dont do DIY, so this will have to wait till whenever I remove the box. There is a huge possibility, it'll never happen

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th February 2013 at 16:24.
Old 20th February 2013, 16:34   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Well, I dont do DIY, so this will have to wait till whenever I remove the box. There is a huge possibility, it'll never happen

Not a good excuse. Put the box is S and click.
anandpadhye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 16:44   #1076
tez
BHPian

guys, reading through this thread of RD box and remapped Skoda Rapid thread.
The price of the mods are almost similar but trying to understand which is better in terms of less engine impact.
Old 20th February 2013, 16:46   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmmmm...

What you guys say sound right by logic but, what Iam experiencing, what's the explanation for that?

100kmph at 1500rpm (RD) vs. 100kmph at 1800rpm (stock)
You've changed the tyres too, right?

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th February 2013, 17:09   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Not a good excuse. Put the box is S and click.
You caught me there....Will try that soon and will post pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
The price of the mods are almost similar but trying to understand which is better in terms of less engine impact.
Supposedly, re-maps give you a "marginally" better performance than tuning box. But, the simple thought that tuning box is plug and play and can be removed either self or by dealer is heartning to know

Re-maps are more complex and reverting back to stock will be an issue and can be done only by the tuner. Remaps fidget more with the ecu physically than the tuning box

If your experimentative of nature : Re-Map

If you want to play safe : Tuning Box

Take your pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
You've changed the tyres too, right?
Yeah, right after getting WA out of the showroom. But, tyre specs are exactly same as stock tyres
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 10:33   #1079
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Last weekend, something snapped in my mind....and i just headed to my favorite detailing shop to get an interior + exterior + paint the stock alloys in matt black.
Great stuff again! Black wheels always looked great on the Cruze and its great to see a nice matt finish here. The price was the cherry on the cake

You also mentioned about interior+exterior, so did you get anything else done on the interiors of the car?

The DC RD box is another great story to hear. I do not see information on the RD website on the improvement figures for the box. But from what I hear from you, it definitely has pushed the box further. With such power getting delivered to the wheels on P1 now, just wondering if it would need upgraded suspensions and brakes. In any case, is there a pricing delta between SC and DC boxes?
Old 24th February 2013, 20:05   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

Avinash, taking my 25k km 21 month old LT for service tomorrow.

Apart from changing the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, AC filter (not changed at all) and usual inspection of brake pads (still ok I think), should I specifically ask for anything else? Any service bulletins etc?

Battery's still strong so no issues. Horn sounds a bit offkey on continuous use but they claimed (last time) that it is not covered under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks