Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 11:53   #1156
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is the slight rattling coming from the passenger side (door/seats?). If yes, then its pretty normal as it appears during the monsoon season and disappears on its own. Wierd as it may sound but, its true

And, the rattling is very light nothing that I ever worried about and after rains the car becomes super silent as before.
the sound seems to come from the front left side while going over uneven surfaces,i dont think it is from door or seats,it seems to come from under the body.no idea what it is
Old 12th August 2013, 11:56   #1157
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
the sound seems to come from the front left side while going over uneven surfaces,i dont think it is from door or seats,it seems to come from under the body.no idea what it is
Then it could be anything related to suspension, wheel bushes etc. Best is to go over to ASC and let the service manager drive the car and replicate the sound to identify the exact nature of this issue.
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:12   #1158
Distinguished - BHPian

45,000kms Service Update
Last weekend, gave the car for the all important 45,000kms update with the odo reading a little above 45,500kms which was covered in exactly about 3 years and 1 month. Needless to say, as you all know it was a pleasurable ownership till date and was worried this may change a bit for the worse as the car ages but, to my supriseyet again i came back after this service with a huge grin on my face.

Car was dropped on Saturday and told the Service Advisor (SA) that I will pick it up on Sunday morning as I had other engagements in evening

Instructed them with following issues of car :-

1. ABS Light was on for last one week and had already driven about 150kms with it ON. I was under the impression it could be sensor becoming loose or perhaps some dirt on it.

2. Light thud when the right front wheel drops in a pothole. Asked them to check and tighten the suspension

3. Oil Change and all related stuff

4. They quoted 2K for the wiper blades ( some unknown brand). I told them NOT to change it. I plan to get Bosch wiper blades which will cost similar or cheaper outside.

5. Specific instructions NOT to conduct wheel alignment and balance

6. Top up the Hydraulic oil (Clutch/Brake)

7. Replace rear brake pad and clean the front brake pads

I was given an estimate of Rs.17,000 for this service

During the afternoon I received a call from SA and he told me one of the sensor for ABS has gone kaput due to rats eating into the wires and needs to be replaced. Cost was 2.2K. I told them to go ahead

Fast Forward Sunday morning at 10:30am

I had received a call from my SA to reach by 10:30am as they opened only at 10:00am (so nice of him to do that as I had planned to reach at 10:00am) Car was ready to be delivered after a spanking wash and it looked as good as just out of showroom.

I asked for service bill and guess what, they gave me a bill for Rs.6524

Reasons :-
1. Apparently,rear brake pads were changed at 20K service along with caliper during that recall issue ( showed the details on their computer) and they said its perfectly fine as of now.

2. I was told their electrician worked till 9pm and fixed the broken wires instead of replacing with a new sensor. So no cost of new sensor

Imagine, it would have been so simple for them to just replace the brake pads and replace with a new sensor for ABS. NO, they decide to come clean with me on both these aspects

This is the level of service iam getting from GM/KUN. Kudos !!

Answer to Viddy's query made offline : KUN uses TOTAL ELF ( Fully synthetic oil) for the Cruze. Imagine being billed just Rs.600 per litre. Isn't it awesome?

Now you tell me, my superlative praise for KUN is without reason? Iam so happy that costs for maintaining this powerful beast is beyond my dreams. Infact, this ownership is proving to be cheaper than my previous smaller segment car ( Hyundai Viva CRDi)

Am I plain lucky OR Iam being given prefrential treatment (They dont know anything about Team-BHP)

Whatever the reason, the car now drives pretty good as usual is with all cars serviced and changed with new oils etc.

To summarize, Iam delighted with my ownership with the Cruze till date !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-img_00000798.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd September 2013 at 13:14.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:01   #1159
Team-BHP Support

I would think that replacing the sensor is a better idea. Why use jugaad fixed wires on something as important as the ABS?
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:10   #1160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I would think that replacing the sensor is a better idea. Why use jugaad fixed wires on something as important as the ABS?
Totally agree. I had given them a go ahead. But, when they said they fixed the problem, I lost all sensibility of disagreeing with them

Apparently, there are 4 sensors for each wheel and even if one goes kaput, the abs for other 3 wheels work. Not to mention the brakes work at all times and is not related to ABS's functioning.
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:18   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Doesnt sound like a jugaad. The sensor was apparently fine and only the wiring was nibbled by rats. Fixing some electrical wires is amongst the most straightforward thing to do. Probably safer than having some half-trained mechanic attempt an ABS reinstall.
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:05   #1162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
Doesnt sound like a jugaad. The sensor was apparently fine and only the wiring was nibbled by rats. Fixing some electrical wires is amongst the most straightforward thing to do. Probably safer than having some half-trained mechanic attempt an ABS reinstall.
Will the fixing of the wires be completely safe from the heat, dirt, and water? I think a non bitten wire would be safer than something patched up with electrical tape.

Either way the sensor replacement would be a plug and play job too.

Just voicing my concerns.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:26   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mobike,

Were the front brakes cleaned ? Low service costs is always a delight !
Old 4th September 2013, 10:34   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I asked for service bill and guess what, they gave me a bill for Rs.6524
"Cooling fan wiring need to replace, product not available"

What's that?

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th September 2013, 22:49   #1165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
"Cooling fan wiring need to replace, product not available"

What's that?

Regards,
spadix
It is the Radiator fan wiring that they mean by cooling fan.

May be the wiring is on it's last leg and may nor run longer so they are suggesting a replacement.

Anurag.
Old 12th September 2013, 08:40   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

It is the Radiator fan wiring that they mean by cooling fan.

May be the wiring is on it's last leg and may nor run longer so they are suggesting a replacement.
Of course, this bit is obvious.

I was looking to see if they mentioned any ETA for the part, and for how man more days/kms WA can reasonably run with damaged wiring. Surely the SA must have communicated this. That was what I meant when I asked the question.

Why do I ask?

Having been stuck with a broken down car around 4.5 years back, practically in the middle of nowhere, due to damaged radiator fan wiring, I know the pain. Incidentally my own cooking fan was broken at the time and I was running a 104 C fever.

Regards,
spadix
Old 13th September 2013, 16:23   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"Cooling fan wiring need to replace, product not available"What's that?
Did I mention that in my report? I am a bit clueless here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Were the front brakes cleaned ? Low service costs is always a delight !
Yes, the front and rear brake pads both were cleaned and mounted back. If you note, there was no change to rear brake pads as well

Quote:
I was looking to see if they mentioned any ETA for the part, and for how man more days/kms WA can reasonably run with damaged wiring. Surely the SA must have communicated this. That was what I meant when I asked the question.
Prashant, hope your not confusing the wiring which is related to ABS sensor to Radiator Fan?

WA is doing its daily duty of 60kms wonderfully and continous to thrill me each and every single day with its agility to rocket ahead...
Old 13th September 2013, 21:15   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
It is mentioned in your bill pic you posted above.. That's why the question.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 21:28   #1169
BANNED

Quote:
Check the bottom pay off the bill. It is mentioned there.

Quote:
Prashant, hope your not confusing the wiring which is related to ABS sensor to Radiator Fan?
No confusion Avi. It is written add cooling fan wiring to be replaced but no stock. So please ask the ASC guys at what stage is the wiring condition now?!

How to identify if the wiring goes kaput? Is it the temperature gauge that will go above the half-mark?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 10:26   #1170
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of you guys including Spadix and Simple Car have an amazing set of eyes that scan through things as minute as a hidden line item

When I got the bill, my heat seeking missiles (my eyes in this case) honed down only to the total amount of the bill then weaved across to the main items of the bill before my hands automatically folded them to be transferred to my pocket.

It never dropped down to look at that particular line item.

Thanks for highlighting it, I reckon I will have to approach them and get this wiring replaced as soon as part arrives.

Sigh! Need to schedule this activity to next week !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks