Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2014, 10:34   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 25,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
30 Months is decent timeframe for the battery to have lasted.
Double check the pricing at couple of other places before biting the dust
Hey mobike008, you seem to be MIA for some time now :-).

Got my OEM Exide DIN80 battery checked at two outlets and both confirmed I should change it sooner rather than later due to potential starting issues plus ECU error issues.

Will probably go for a Exide ATB FEF1 DIN80 replacement on Monday; it's working out to around 10.5k with old battery buyback and payment by credit card. Only confusion with the dealers is warranty - one is claiming only 1 year with the others saying 4 years!

EDIT: warranty is for 1 year only - seems the DIN80 MF model is for Chevy Cruze only and is a plug and play change - any others will need to be modified slightly for fitment. I think it's the truth as there is a complicated fitting on top of my current battery that I do not want to modify etc just to save some money on a cheaper battery.

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th January 2014 at 10:57. Reason: Clarity
Old 6th January 2014, 17:42   #1232
MDe
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 25,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Will probably go for a Exide ATB FEF1 DIN80 replacement on Monday; it's working out to around 10.5k with old battery buyback and payment by credit card. Only confusion with the dealers is warranty - one is claiming only 1 year with the others saying 4 years!
I had the same issue with the battery. Lasted for about 32 months and died. DIN80 is a big battery and is not readily available at most retailers. After calling quite a few dealers, I got one who had it readily available. Again, its only a 1 year warranty battery. It feels like Chevy has a rather strange choice of battery for the Cruze as the battery is a low selling and low produce model and is very rare, coupled with low warranty it looks like a high expense part to me. Fingers crossed on the life of the new one.
Old 6th January 2014, 20:39   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT:Shod with Michelin Primacy 3

Located a unit nearby and will be buying it for 10k net after exchange. The Exide dealer first agreed to install it himself but called back saying that he had never fitted one himself; strongly suggested that I buy it from him and get it fitted at Chevy themselves. Will do day after and update.

Fully agree on your points. Seems to be unusually Cruze specific. Could not locate a compatible Amaron or Tata unit at all!
Old 6th January 2014, 20:52   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT:Shod with Michelin Primacy 3

Quote:
Hey mobike008, you seem to be MIA for some time now
That's because iam either munching miles or have nothing significant to report. By gods grace, the WA is munching miles in galore and is performing without any hiccups

Crossed, 50,000kms in this trip. Current Odo reading is 51,500kms

Last week did a 2400kms trip to Kodai and it performed flawlessly.

You can read more in my travelogue here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3337377

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I had the same issue with the battery. Lasted for about 32 months and died.
32 months is decent guys and agree with you on the choice of the battery as OEM by Chevy. Good that you all are replacing with Exide. Iam sure it should last for another 3 years for sure

WA resting at our Kodai Hotel after a non-stop gallop of 1065 kms

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!-_dsc8288.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 06:40   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey mobike, glad to see and read that both you and WA are doing well :-).

Changing the battery tomorrow; clutch replacement probably on the cards too costing around 25k.Trident will open, inspect and advise.

Just hope the flywheel is fine!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 12:36   #1236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Changing the battery tomorrow; clutch replacement probably on the cards too costing around 25k.Trident will open, inspect and advise. Just hope the flywheel is fine!
Thanks.

How many kms has your Cruze done? What's the sign of clutch failing? Did you get the full symptoms? Please keep us posted of the replacement and its costs
Old 7th January 2014, 14:54   #1237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

How many kms has your Cruze done? What's the sign of clutch failing? Did you get the full symptoms? Please keep us posted of the replacement and its costs
No signs at all and have reached 40k km. Had just completed BLR-HYD-BLR within a period of 2 days with impeccable reliability and high speeds.

Clutch pedal went down one fine morning and SA is saying probably replacement. Will give it tomorrow and post once they have opened it up.

Still hoping its a sub-component like slave cylinder etc.
Old 7th January 2014, 19:06   #1238
MDe
BHPian

I had received a call from RTC service center about fuel hose replacement a few weeks back and I had decided to go to Hafeezpet center as that is closer to me. The guys at Hafeezpet knew nothing about the issue and promised to get back to me. After 2 weeks of followup there was still no news, so I wrote to Chevrolet and as a result got a call from Hafeezpet center (Mr Tirupati) the very next day. He confirmed that the cars need change of fuel feed, cooling fan wiring and possibly an upgrade to BCM software. They took the car and have performed all the swaps. BCM did not need an update.

Did you also get a call for these changes?
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 07:30   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
He confirmed that the cars need change of fuel feed, cooling fan wiring and possibly an upgrade to BCM software. They took the car and have performed all the swaps. BCM did not need an update.
Have been told that my July 2011 LT may need updates to the BCM (mentioned ABS-related update) and cooling fan wiring harness replacement. They will attend to it when I give my car today. I think fuel hose replacement does not apply to my car but to earlier ones.

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th January 2014 at 07:31. Reason: Clarificatio n
Old 8th January 2014, 09:35   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

Chevy extends warranty to 5 years on payment! Great news for those wanting to keep the car for more than 3 years. Reasonable prices too.
Attached Images

Old 8th January 2014, 11:10   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Chevy extends warranty to 5 years on payment! Great news for those wanting to keep the car for more than 3 years. Reasonable prices too.
Thanks. Can you post a better picture or write down in text the details as its not too clear

Quote:
I had received a call from RTC service center about fuel hose replacement a few weeks back and I had decided to go to Hafeezpet center as that is closer to me
No such call from the any center. And, I was there at RTC Service Center last evening at 7pm

Just when I was thinking the car is doing fine, I was driving back home yesterday and hearding a grating noise when i was braking hard ( when you want to come to a standstill), I think this noise was there but, missed due to the rock songs that normally play in the car

I got to know yesterday as I had to take an urgent call (I normally avoid taking calls when driving). Seems like the brake pads have gone for a toss at 51,500kms

Called the SM and convinced him to take in the car at that time (7pm) and first checked the history, they changed the front pads at 37,00kms for a cost of INR 8,000

Iam guessing its now time for the rear brake pads to be changed. Will know the full details and cost in next one hour
Old 8th January 2014, 11:33   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Properly scanned and uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chevy EW.pdf (350.0 KB, 447 views)
File Type: pdf Chevy RSA.pdf (279.2 KB, 353 views)

Last edited by itwasntme : 8th January 2014 at 11:44. Reason: JPEG
Old 8th January 2014, 13:09   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Iam guessing its now time for the rear brake pads to be changed. Will know the full details and cost in next one hour
Well, my guess was right. Rear brake pads have gone kaput and cost for replacing them is Rs.6,500

They are going to do the following and car will be ready by 2:00pm today but, i will collect it only late evening. It's always a record that they give the car back same day despite such heavy rush i saw yesterday at ASC :-

1. Remove all 4 brake pads. Clean the front and replace. Replace the rear brakepads with new ones
2. Replinish the windshiel wiper fluid with soap water
3. Check using nitrogen the air pressure
4. Water Wash. When I requested water wash, he said it will be chargeable. Seems to be a new guy and didnt know my history with them. I told him should i speak with Mangesh (VP-Service) and tell him you want to charge an old customer like me for water wash. He laughed and said " Ok Sir, will do it for free"

He also mentioned that "stock coolant" needs to be replaced after 50,000kms (as per the schedule). However, he said you can use it for another 2-3K kms and then come back for coolant change.

Any thoughts on this one?
Old 9th January 2014, 17:13   #1244
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

2/3k delay in a 50k change cyle should be perfectly ok in my opinion.

As for your brakes: I hope the grating noise was the 'inbuilt warning' noise from the wear indicators on your worn pads and not something worse that has damaged your brake discs?

Good you waited till you heard the actual metallic noise before changing your pads - 99% of the time, Cruze owners are pressurized into changing the pads much too early. I am quite sure I was somewhat 'conned' into doing that for my front set changed at 28k.
Old 12th January 2014, 09:17   #1245
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: 63,500 km up and now SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi, want to ask you regarding cabin air filter- does the Indian cruze have it? If yes have you got it changed and at what odo reading?
Yes the Cruze sold in India does have a cabin air filter. I got mine cleaned at 10000kms due to the blower performance having considerably decreased. Turns out, lots of tiny leaves from trees while being parked was the culprit as it choked/obstructed the airflow through the filter.

It's a headache to get to, though. Needs removal of the glovebox first as it's situated right behind it.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks