Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 09:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

W.A.G.7

First of all congrats of your new car, a first Micra ownership reviews. The pics do full justice to your choice.

4 Questions:
1) Did you not find the AC console a bit too cramped? Is it easier use as you get used to it?
2) The Floor mat does not cover the footwell completely. During the monsoons you will have stains on the carpet? Any remedy thought of?
3) Does Micra have only one side reverse indication? Seems silly something similar to the Punto. I hated to see the reverse lamps on the rear bumper of Omni.
4) Is it not possible to get a rubber beading in the gap between the bonnet and front bumper? Maybe after sales plan.

The rear seat does look like school benches with cushion, hope it makes the rear seating somewhat comfy. Tyres definitly need an upgrade. How does the steering respond, how was driving on potholed roads?

All the Best for your ride, drive safely and happy mile crunching. Do keep posting of your experience.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:21   #32
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th August 2010 at 11:00.
greencity is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th August 2010, 10:35   #33
BHPian

Congratulations WAG7. I believe you are the first MICRA owner in Team-BHP. The car looks cute in photos. Wish you many many happy miles.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:54   #34
BHPian

Congrats WAG and wishing you many more happy miles ahead with your micra. I have seen a couple of Micra's on road here in Bangalore. Was wondering how come no ownership thread came up yet in T-Bhp.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:02   #35
BHPian

Hey buddy, congrats for the car and nice color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Service intervals are also large; meaning 1st checkup is at 1000km and after that service at every 3 months or 5000km whichever is earlier. The 1st 3 services are free while the remaining are paid.

Do you call it big, these are the smallest intervals i know of. Only plus point may be the first check up at 1000km which may not be considerred as a service as I imply.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Micra! Do update us on the FE. BTW, the right reverse light is omitted as that is where the rear Fog lamp sits, which may be present in the fully loaded model.
Old 6th August 2010, 22:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the late response. I was busy with office work and I will post more pictures tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Congrats on your new car Ketan. Nice to see you here.What components are you using ? I saw a pic of tweeter hence the question.
Btw, we, the pune tbhp gang have lavasa meets/drives once in a while, why dont you join us next time we go ?
Thanks! I will surely join you next time. I have installed JBL GTS 256C components in the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
W.A.G.7

First of all congrats of your new car, a first Micra ownership reviews. The pics do full justice to your choice.

4 Questions:
1) Did you not find the AC console a bit too cramped? Is it easier use as you get used to it?
2) The Floor mat does not cover the footwell completely. During the monsoons you will have stains on the carpet? Any remedy thought of?
3) Does Micra have only one side reverse indication? Seems silly something similar to the Punto. I hated to see the reverse lamps on the rear bumper of Omni.
4) Is it not possible to get a rubber beading in the gap between the bonnet and front bumper? Maybe after sales plan.

The rear seat does look like school benches with cushion, hope it makes the rear seating somewhat comfy. Tyres definitly need an upgrade. How does the steering respond, how was driving on potholed roads?

All the Best for your ride, drive safely and happy mile crunching. Do keep posting of your experience.
Thanks! About your doubts:
1) AC console is ok, and not cramped. I mean in the pictures it looks cramped, but actually it is very ergonomically placed.
2) The right floor mat is T shaped as seen in the picture, but the left one covers the entire footwell.I will post more pics soon. Yes, Mud stains on the carpet are there already; something that needs to be taken care of.
3) It does have only one side reverse lamp. Even the top end model has only a single lamp on LHS, while the RHS is a dummy. I Don't know whats the great logic behind doing such things
4) I will check what's underneath the gap in the bonnet. Most probably it's a plastic drain to direct away water but let me check tomorrow.
5) The rear seat is a proper bench, but covered in some nice good quality soft touch fabric; it's also quite comfortable for daily city driving, so it doesn't seem so bad.
6) Steering is feather light and very good for city use. It is also very very responsive and makes // parking a lot easier than any other car I have driven till date. Suspension is plush enough when there are 4 people in the car, but when you are alone, the rear tends to bounce a bit when driven hard over a pot hole. Ok otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations WAG7. I believe you are the first MICRA owner in Team-BHP. The car looks cute in photos. Wish you many many happy miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats on the Micra! Do update us on the FE. BTW, the right reverse light is omitted as that is where the rear Fog lamp sits, which may be present in the fully loaded model.
Thanks for the wishes. FE as of now is showing 9.6kmpl in the trip meter with the A/C working fully all the time. But actual FE figures will reflect when the car has completed it's run in period of 1600km, so it's early to comment on the FE. The reverse lamp is omitted on all variants including the top end XV.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Updates: FE crossed the 10kmpl mark and today it's showing 10.85kmpl. Enjoying every one bit of the car.

In the short time yesterday, when we had sunshine in Pune, I clicked a few more snaps to give you all an idea of the brick red color. Camera batteries conked off at the last minute(Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will !!), so the photo shoot was done with my mobile.

Barely managed a few snaps, when it became dark and started raining again.

Baby Porsche Cayenne? You bet it is!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-front.jpg

Front 3 quarters view.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0169.jpg

Tyre upsize is a must as seen in this pic
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0171.jpg

Rear 3 quarters view. Cute!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0166.jpg

Side Profile. I like the design of the wheelcaps. Can anyone in Pune direct me to a shop which has a similar 5 spoke alloy wheel design?
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-side_profile.jpg

Micra badging looks great!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-rear_3_quarters.jpg

No wiper/defogger at the rear. I miss the rear wiper from my old 2001 model Santro.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-rear.jpg

The HR12DE engine. Very refined and smooth. But not as smooth as the K12M from the Ritz.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-hr12de.jpg

Here's a pic of my sparingly used 2003 model Honda City.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0155.jpg

Kenwood ICE was fitted by the company. Old cassette player but is now left over for radio duties.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-city_ice.jpg

Another pic of the brilliant machine. I still feel; the adrenaline rush that this City gives you when you floor the accelerator, is yet to be unrivalled by any other car!!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0163.jpg

How sparingly used? See for yourself. 7 years and the car has done only 10187km till date!! Neither is the image photoshopped nor is the speedo tampered in any way . Takers anyone? Just kidding, I don't plan to sell her anytime soon.
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-cityspeedo.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2010, 10:49   #39

Hi, WAG7, First off Congratulations! I hope you love driving the car as opposed to just "like" driving the car. I have been following the post on this review since the beginning and I am just unable to make up my mind on one car. Did you try other cars like the Punto, Figo or Polo? (All Petrol versions). What in your opinion was the factor that made you go for the Micra?

Also, What are the JBL 256C components? Are these the speakers? I am not too familiar with audio terminology, so if you could help me out with that, it would be great!

If price was the only differentiating factor, why didnt you go for the Figo? the top end petrol model costs about 5.3 L in Hyderabad. Should be around the same range there too.
Old 15th August 2010, 13:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
Did you try other cars like the Punto, Figo or Polo? (All Petrol versions). What in your opinion was the factor that made you go for the Micra?

Also, What are the JBL 256C components? Are these the speakers? I am not too familiar with audio terminology, so if you could help me out with that, it would be great!

If price was the only differentiating factor, why didnt you go for the Figo? the top end petrol model costs about 5.3 L in Hyderabad. Should be around the same range there too.
Thanks for your wishes and sorry for the late reply. In my case looks were deciding factor why I decided to go in for the Micra. Also power is decent though not very high. In short Nissan have played it safe without any radical styling or engine; but have put in some good enough inputs (for ex. airbags & styling + colors) to garner decent sales. Since it's a fresh new car just launched in India, I decided to go in for it.

I did drive the Punto 1.2 active and Polo Trendline versions. However Punto 1.2 feels underpowered with the A/C on and the Punto 1.4 was way over my budget. Polo is again a fantastic car, but 4.98L on road without stereo system for the base variant was once again going over my budget. The waiting period was already 4 months in May, I didn't have the patience to wait so much.

My parents were dead against Ford vehicles and didn't like the radical styling of the Chevy Beat. So Figo and Beat were ruled out. I know Ford has come a long way from the Old 1.3 Rocam engined Ikon's of the old world, but I couldn't convince them and even myself to even test drive the Figo, let alone buy it.

Yes, JBL GTS-256C are component speakers. Maybe you can go through the audio and ICE section. Try this one here, will give a fair idea of different combinations of Hu's and speakers - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...hat-price.html

But if you want good enough quality without amps and sub woofers, then go in straight for this combo -- Kenwood KDC U 346 (7K) + JBL GTS 256C front speakers (6K) + Kenwood coaxial speakers at the rear (2K). Very nice quality for ~16K price.
Old 15th August 2010, 23:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Front 3 quarters view.
Attachment 403031
W.A.G.7 , can you please tell me which is the car covered with blue plastic in the background ?
The C-pillar seems to suggest its a carcass of a Hillman Super Minx.
Old 16th August 2010, 00:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

First congratulations on the Micra.I must say the looks are slowly growing in me now.
Fantastic OHC.10,000 kms is about maybe a supercar would do during that time period.Impeccably maintained.

OT: Are you trian lover/spotter?(from the avatar and handle WAG7)
Old 16th August 2010, 22:41   #43
BANNED

Congrats WAG7 ,The Micar looks cute and your City Makes me GREEN !!

What was the earlier owner doing with the City ?? Just 10k kms ? thats a wonderful car man

BTW how is the suspension set up and driver side leg space in micar?
Old 17th August 2010, 08:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

@WAG7,

The pictures do full justice to your choice. BTW the variant badge is not to be seen either at the rear or at the side. Is this common with the Micras?

Is it possible to get the rear wiper installed from the Nisaan After sales, are you planning for one.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

hello, congratulations for the micra, hope there should be more micrans on the team bhp, i suppose the real problem which the nisaan will feel in present time will be the service part, as i know that the newly lauched Polo has a service span of around one year or 15000 km, so travelling to different city for service once in a year wont be an issue, but here in micra it has to be taken care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks