Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 18:49   #61

Quote:
@obiwankenobi Nice small review.Micra is really turning out be quite a good city car,with all the ingredients for ease of driving in the city.And also its pretty VFM,and looks very good in black.
Thanks!, but it looks like there are not many bookings for the Micra in the Black and Blue colors that they offer. A customer has been running around the showroom for quite a while now and he still hasnt got his top-end black Micra delivered.
I loved the Orange and Red colors on the Micra

I asked the dealer about the Chrome logo on the steering wheel, and it looks like I got an honest reply from him about it. He said "there are NO plans to have a Chrome logo on the steering wheel in the near future". Not sure why Nissan is trying to cut costs in this area.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th September 2010 at 22:50. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Updates, updates and more updates!

Updates: 1 month and 500 kms later

Hi friends,
Apologies for not updating the thread regularly. However today I got time to write after exactly 1 month and 500 kms later.

The car has covered 500kms today (502 to be exact) after exactly 1 month.

Engine Updates:
It's performing beautifully and the engine has opened up beautifully. I have touched speeds upto 60kmph in the 5th gear, but since the car has not yet completed the run in period, I dare not push it beyond this speed. The engine is very responsive and nice, and revs freely when the accelerator is pressed. Even with the A/C on, there is very minimal lag felt when you press the accelerator. You can keep pottering in the 3rd or 4th gear all day and there is no shuddering felt even at speeds of 20kmph in the 3rd gear with the A/C on.

FE Updates:
I filled in exactly 2000/- worth of fuel i.e. around 37L. Next time when I top up again, we will all get to know the practical fuel efficiency. I expect it to be between, 14 and 15kmpl. But who cares? I mean, once you have bought a car, you are going to fill in petrol even if it goes 5 kmpl or 30kmpl!

Just FYI: The trip computer shows FE between 11.5 and 12 kmpl consistently.

Service Updates:
I took the car to the service station since I wanted to fit in the mud flaps anyway. I got a confirmation from them that the 1 month checkup and 3 months checkup have been cancelled. So effectively the service intervals will be every 10,000kms or 6 months whichever is earlier. The first 3 are free services. Hence my first service will be up in December.

Cost of sales/spares:
This is going to be one sore point in an otherwise flawless car. I just checked the pricelist of a few accessories and it is good enough to give anyone a cardiac infarct!!

For example, alloy wheels cost a whopping 6895/- per wheel. That comes to nearly 28K for all 4 wheels!! Wow. The LED scuff plates which light up when the door is opened cost 5690/- for a set of two. Highway robbery I say. I can do very well without the LED'S lighting up my footwell any day.

But wait, the best part is yet to come. Any guess what the art leather seat covers cost? 11,500/- !!!! C'mon now, I am getting the same art leather seat covers in Carax Pune for 3690/-!! Yikes, 8000/- difference is not really justifiable in any case, even if you get imported cows from England for the leather!!

Bad bad Nissan, no donut for you!

If this is the cost of accessories, I think the services; especially the paid ones are going to cost a BOMB. I think God listened to my prayers and kept the service intervals at 6 months!!!

Conclusion:
A great car for city driving, with simply amazing interior space and a tight turning radius. In fact the moment you turn the key and crank the engine, you have a stupid grin plastered on your face till the time you get down at your destination; such a gem of an engine it is! I just hope they don't kill the product with out of the planet prices of the spares and oils.

I plan to go out a bit tomorrow on the highway so let's see whats the performance on the highway like.
Old 28th August 2010, 22:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Updates: 1 month and 500 kms later

The accessories pricing makes me laugh - why on earth would people shell out so much when they have better and cheaper after-market options?

Is the fuel tank of micra bigger than other cars in the segment?

Edit: Got my answer from micra thread - its 41 liters.

Last edited by blackasta : 28th August 2010 at 22:14.
Old 28th August 2010, 23:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

My my accessories are outrageously expensive.If After sale service is going to be this expensive then it will put of a lot of micra buyers!
Old 29th August 2010, 00:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

W.A.G.7
congrats! looks like your micra is doing well
Can you update us on the spare part price list?
Could you please find out the price of the tail light? I had my figos tail light assembly repalced at 997R.s.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The accessories pricing makes me laugh - why on earth would people shell out so much when they have better and cheaper after-market options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
My my accessories are outrageously expensive.If After sale service is going to be this expensive then it will put of a lot of micra buyers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
W.A.G.7
congrats! looks like your micra is doing well
Can you update us on the spare part price list?
Could you please find out the price of the tail light? I had my figos tail light assembly repalced at 997R.s.
Yes, accessories have out of the planet pricing. I was going to ask him to provide me with a photocopy of the accessory list so that I could put it up here, but I forgot to do so. I will try and put it up by next week. And of course, my Micra is doing very well.
Old 30th August 2010, 00:46   #67

Yaay! WAG7 nice writeup again
I have the accessories list and I can easily get it scanned in my office and publish it up here, I remember the door scuff plates cost about 3900/- in Hyderabad. Dont tell me the price on the accessories list is for one and not a pair (doh!)
I was thinking of getting the reverse parking sensor fitted (if or when) I book a car, but it just seems to be a dream now.

--Deekshit
Old 31st August 2010, 22:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
Yaay! WAG7 nice writeup again
I have the accessories list and I can easily get it scanned in my office and publish it up here, I remember the door scuff plates cost about 3900/- in Hyderabad.
great. can you share the accessory list here or in the Micra road test thread so that we all can have a look at it?
Old 11th September 2010, 18:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Updates as on 11/Sep/2010 - Small incident with the car

More updates on the Micra - Accessories pricing + small incident

Some bad news to share with all of you. On Thursday, 09th Sept I had left the car parked in my office basement in the morning. When I returned home in the evening my heart sank, as I saw that someone had banged into left front quarters near the front wheel well. There was no damage to the door, however the left front metal portion had folded in badly and now there was wide gap in the body and the front left door.

I don't know who did it and ran away, if I catch the person, I will surely make him pay through his heart for what he did to my car. I will post pictures tomorrow morning, so experts can please judge whether it will need extensive repairs or so.

Second update is that I have got the price list of the Micra accessories. This list is also updated on the website but anyways here it is for a ready reckoner:

All prices are in INR.

EXTERIORS
Alloy Wheel (Set of 4) - 26,780
Blinker on Door Mirror(LED) - 5,690
Splash guard - 496
Body Side moulding - 1,648
Wheel covers (Set of 4) - 1,888
Roof Spoiler - 3,275
Front protector - 10,480
Side protector - 13,995
Rear protector - 9,990
Exhaust finisher - 796
Reverse parking sensor - 3,979
Body cover (Tyvek) - 2,415
Body cover (Silver) - 1,325

INTERIORS
Kicking plate (LED) - 5,690
Seat Cover-Fabric (Blue & Beige) - 3,990
Seat Cover-Fabric (Red & Black) - 3,990
Seat Cover-Art Leather (Ivory & Greige) - 5,060
Seat Cover-Art Leather (Black & Beige) - 5,060
Seat Cover-Velvet - 5,495
Seat Cover-Art Leather + Leather (Black & Red perf) - 10,580
Seat Cover-Leather (Cream) - 31,625
Steering Cover - 525
Carpet mat - 1,320
PVC Transparent mat - 1,100
PVC Black mat - 1,289
Luggage mat - 479
Old 11th September 2010, 20:39   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
small incident
.. someone had banged into left front quarters near the front wheel well. There was no damage to the door, however the left front metal portion had folded in badly and now there was wide gap in the body and the front left door.
That sucks man!

I hope its not as bad as I think it is. Waiting for the pictures. Lets see if the service center has ready spares in case some replacement is required.
Old 12th September 2010, 10:30   #71
Senior - BHPian

[More updates on the Micra - Accessories pricing + small incident

Some bad news to share with all of you. On Thursday, 09th Sept I had left the car parked in my office basement in the morning. When I returned home in the evening my heart sank, as I saw that someone had banged into left front quarters near the front wheel well. There was no damage to the door, however the left front metal portion had folded in badly and now there was wide gap in the body and the front left door.

I don't know who did it and ran away, if I catch the person, I will surely make him pay through his heart for what he did to my car. I will post pictures tomorrow morning, so experts can please judge whether it will need extensive repairs or so.]

I can feel your agony because I have been at the receiving end of such acts many a time.
There are lot of such idiots [I am mincing my words though I would like to use all the expletives on them] who just don't care about the fellow beings.
Thinking of such people rushes adrenalin in me.

Last edited by GTO : 13th September 2010 at 12:21. Reason: STRICTLY no inappropriate language please, not even indirectly
Old 12th September 2010, 16:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Pictures of the mishap

Ok, here are the pictures of the misaligned front 3 quarters panel. Can the experts please take a look and comment on whether it would require some heavy replacements??

I don't suspect anyone from my office, but I do suspect the drivers of Planet Ford which is on the ground floor of my office building. I have seen these guys drive recklessly even the new cars and the cars which come in for servicing. But I don't have any proof so I can't say anything

There are only scratches on the door
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0003.jpg

The door is totally intact as seen in this second pic
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0006.jpg

It is the front panel which is knocked out of place
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0008.jpg

The sheet metal is literally folded open
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0009.jpg

The area near the indicator has folded inside!
Nissan Micra Review. EDIT: 9 years, 41,000 km and SOLD!-photo0011.jpg

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 12th September 2010 at 16:36.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2010, 18:09   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

*ouch!!* Thats bad. For absolutely no fault of yours.

If it were Maruti/Hyundai, bigger dealers would have pushed for replacements while smaller units could have repaired it at a lot less. We will have to see what Nissan dealer does.

I would suggest, ask them to align it first! Jugad if I may say so. Soft hits with a mallet/hammer wrapped in towel most usually sets the sheet metal right. I see the scratches aren't too deadly either. Can be lived with. So, try if it can be set right without the need for a repaint.

Happened to me once, dealer insisted on a repaint, I took the car to a smaller M.A.S.S and they set it right in 2-3 blows! $$$ saved!

Have to warn you though, it IS risky, one strong blow and you'll have a hammer mark in addition to scratches. Maruti guys were experienced, must have done so before. Can't say that for Nissan.
Old 14th September 2010, 19:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Accident updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
*ouch!!* Thats bad. For absolutely no fault of yours.

If it were Maruti/Hyundai, bigger dealers would have pushed for replacements while smaller units could have repaired it at a lot less. We will have to see what Nissan dealer does.
Today I showed it to the service advisor, and as you have mentioned he suggested replacing the entire front panel. Since it is a metal part, I will be claiming insurance for the same. So the whole process of insurance will take 8 days + ordering the part from Nissan will take 8 days. Thank god, the door is completely intact, else replacing the entire door would have been heart breaking for me. Also if the front fiber glass bumper would have been damaged, I would have had to pay 50% for it. Would have really been another heart stopping moment for me

I am going to leave the car with him tomorrow, no more driving for the next 15 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Have to warn you though, it IS risky, one strong blow and you'll have a hammer mark in addition to scratches.
Yup, thats what he told me today during the inspection. He said it will be all the more difficult to claim insurance, if this kind of desi jugaad is done.

EDIT: One nice thing in all this business is that I got the cream colored seat covers done today from Carax and they really look nice!! I will put up photos after the car comes back to me.
Old 14th September 2010, 19:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hope your car comes back as good as new soon.Saw a couple of micras on road,the front does remind one of the Cayenne!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks