Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2010, 23:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
My love for micra has gone up after viewing this thread, Do you think the fuel efficiency will go up after subsequent services? You have got a great looking car.
Thanks! Looking at the current F.E, I feel it will go up to 15kmpl in the city after 2000kms; but I don't think it will go beyond 15-16 kmpl because I drive all the time with the A/C on.

Company claimed mileage is 18.06kmpl though.
Old 20th October 2010, 08:27   #92

great city mileage

12.6 kmpl is terrific mileage in the city, and I still love the Micra for the drive that it offers with its light steering.

the gear shift stick does a slight rocking motion which you will notice specially if you drive with your hand on the stick. Somone asked about this, but that is OK in my view and is not a big irritating factor. It is something I got used to during the test drive of the car itself!
Old 20th October 2010, 12:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Thanks! Looking at the current F.E, I feel it will go up to 15kmpl in the city after 2000kms; but I don't think it will go beyond 15-16 kmpl because I drive all the time with the A/C on.

Company claimed mileage is 18.06kmpl though.
Hey WAG7,

I suppose you should be getting more than 14 in highways even with 100% AC. I hope you are maintaining the vehicle in the range of 2500-3000 rpm. If its this driving, you should get better mileage than you get now, since its a 3 POT engine. Of course you would be getting better FE after the engine sets in. I don't say that your FE is less, but i felt this vehicle engine has the capability of claiming more FE than you have got. May be the fuel that you use might also be a factor for this.
Old 21st October 2010, 23:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey WAG7,

I suppose you should be getting more than 14 in highways even with 100% AC. I hope you are maintaining the vehicle in the range of 2500-3000 rpm. If its this driving, you should get better mileage than you get now, since its a 3 POT engine.
Yes, F.E should improve in the coming months. Actually the car has run only 1045kms in these 3 months; so it's brand new still, to say the least!

F.E should improve definitely by the time 2000kms mark comes up; will update the thread later about it. But I feel anything above 10 kmpl is great in today's world.
Old 16th November 2010, 22:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

Sorry for not updating this thread frequently. Actually there is almost nothing new to report on the Micra. Fantastic car & an equally nice engine which does it's job daily without any problems. F.E hovering around 14.5kmpl mark in city with A/C

In the previous month; around 250 kms clocked, and have been absolutely trouble free. I got the customary Diwali e-greeting from Nissan with the promotional ad of the Micra Diesel of course!

Let's see, will put up a few more pictures by this Sunday to make this thread a bit more lively
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quick update!!

Ok, just a quick update. After a very long 5 months, the car has now done 2000kms. No gripes about it so far on any point. The car performs beautifully and reminds me of the Hero Honda ad - Fill it, shut it & forget it! In this case, it's unlock the car, get in and drive away to your destination

All the driving has been done in Pune city itself save for only 1 trip to Mumbai. The F.E has increased to 16kmpl with the A/C and/or the heater running all the time. Too good, I am speechless!!

The first service will come up around Jan end, and I hope that F.E will go beyond 16kmpl after that. Actually 2000kms in 5 months is very less but I am loving it!

Good work from Nissan on this front, with the diesel I hope they get more customers!
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:44   #97
BHPian

Re: Quick update!!

Quote:
All the driving has been done in Pune city itself save for only 1 trip to Mumbai. The F.E has increased to 16kmpl with the A/C and/or the heater running all the time. Too good, I am speechless!!
Wow! thats a great mileage figure you quoted and that too city driving with ac/heater on! Is it calculated on tank full basis or MID?

Started spotting quite a few Micra`s on Pune roads, from the front it looks cute and smaller in size but as soon as I see the side view of Micra, it gives an impression of the actual size of the car which in no way is small as per hatchback configurations. Good to know an incident free ownership for the first 05 months.

All the best
Old 3rd January 2011, 00:44   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, just a quick update. After a very long 5 months, the car has now done 2000kms. No gripes about it so far on any point. The car performs beautifully and reminds me of the Hero Honda ad - Fill it, shut it & forget it! In this case, it's unlock the car, get in and drive away to your destination

The first service will come up around Jan end, and I hope that F.E will go beyond 16kmpl after that. Actually 2000kms in 5 months is very less but I am loving it!

Good work from Nissan on this front, with the diesel I hope they get more customers!
This is why Japanese cars are always better than American/Korean ones.

Very impressive F.E! Do you find any kind of lag or loss of power when the AC turns on? Climbing slopes becomes harder with the AC on ?
Old 4th January 2011, 14:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
The F.E has increased to 16kmpl with the A/C and/or the heater running all the time.
Great FE. Please tell about your driving style, the usage of gears, gears in which most of the driving is done, driving condition (B2B/Crawling City Traffic/Normal City Traffic), road condition and pay load.
Old 4th January 2011, 18:42   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Nissan Micra initial review, EDIT : "Front Logo stolen, rear broken in half "

Quote:
The car performs beautifully and reminds me of the Hero Honda ad - Fill it, shut it & forget it!
Especially with your kind of running! At a 400 km average per month, you must be visiting the petrol pump once a month (or less?).

Great to hear that the Micra is treating you well. Please do keep updating this thread with service costs & the like; it'll greatly help others. Thanks
Old 4th January 2011, 21:01   #101
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan Micra initial review, EDIT : "Front Logo stolen, rear broken in half "

Very glad to hear that you have had a trouble-free experience so far with the Micra and hope that it continues for a long time to come.

Your mileage of 16 kmpl with AC is awesome to say the least, even if you have a sedate driving style.

There is a reason that people trust Jap cars to be so reliable and this thread is just another testimony to it. Good thing is that it seems Nissan has not compromised on the mechanicals or other internals on the Micra to cut costs.

Cheers and drive safe!
Old 4th January 2011, 22:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Well yes, even I was stunned to see the calculations. I used the tankful method. Last tank up was done near about 21st Nov. When I filled in petrol on 24th Dec, the tank accepted 36.41L of petrol. Trip meter B read 574.4kms. So that means I get 574.4/36.41 i.e. 15.775 kmpl. Round it up to 1 decimal or no decimals gets me 16kmpl!!!

The trip computer reads the F.E as 15.3 kmpl which is ok considering some error margin. Now come to think of it, there are quite a few factors which have contributed to the great fuel efficiency.
  1. I reach for office early nowadays ~8.30AM to avoid the Pune traffic.
  2. Ambient min temperatures in Pune have been around 10 deg celsius which means the engine runs cooler. Also by the time I return its about 10PM at night, so the signals are gone, and the roads are relatively empty. Traffic is somewhat less at both these times but at night zipping morons on two wheelers are aplenty.
  3. I am consciously trying to reduce my carbon footprint (yeah, big words!) by taking the car to my office only on 3 days instead of 5. The remaining two days, I take my bike.
  4. I upshift as soon as possible, I mean I don't like to rev the engine. So 3rd gear comes up at 20kmph and 4th at ~35kmph. The engine sounds a little harsh when the rpms increase. Maybe its the 3 pot motor issues?
  5. Payload - none. Thats because presently I am single and ready to mingle!! So essentially its only me, the car and the stereo.
  6. Yes, with my kind of running I need to visit the petrol pump around once every month and ~10days.
  7. Issues - none. Absolutely none. No rattles, no funny noises, nothing. Just unlock the car, get in and drive away to your destination.
  8. I will update the service costs as soon the servicing is done by 1st Feb. But as of now, the only thing that I had to replace was the damaged front fender which cost around 5K.
  9. I drive over well paved roads, in fact the Pune-Satara road is concretised so thats a smooth drive. No major bumps or potholes.
  10. The drop in power when you switch on the A/C becomes apparent only when you are climbing uphill. You need to downshift to 2nd gear from the 3rd gear. If it becomes too steep, then the 1st gear. May be thats the drawback of a 3 pot engine.
And a small off topic thing -
Just for comparison, consider our second car - the good old City. Though only 7 yrs and 12,000kms old it is returning 10~11kml. But we still love to drive it even if it returns only 10kmpl. It is one car that simply loves to be floored and revved. Anyone who sits in the drivers seat simply cannot resist the temptation to redline it. Now that's a true drivers car, no matter how much sedately you decide to drive it, there's some kind of adrenaline rush which the Honda engine gives you; it is so hard to resist the temptation of flooring it.
Old 19th January 2011, 22:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

My car joins the logo-less bandwagon. The front logo was pinched off from outside my office on Friday . I don't know what's the cost of the logo et. all, but the car is due for first servicing next weekend, so I will put that up soon.

The thief also tried to take the rear one, but was unable to do so. He managed to break the rear logo in half I will put up pictures soon, but I am unsure whether to go in for a new logo or put in a high res sticker; what with all logos being stolen in and around Pune! Can someone please suggest on what paper should the logo be printed, if I have to put on a sticker job?

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 19th January 2011 at 22:33.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:37   #104
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 3 years of happy ownership!

An update to the thread. 1st Service done yesterday at ~2100kms. The total came to Rs 1050/- for the 1st free service. That was a pleasant surprise, I expected it to be around Rs 2500/-. That means service costs are low. Those interested can go through the excel attached, for the breakup of the service cost.

Service 1.xls

Secondly, both front and rear logos were replaced. This was another pleasant surprise, the front logo costs only Rs 325/- while the rear one costs only Rs 307/-!! Hence the total cost of service + logo replacement was Rs 1682/-

This means that servicing will not cost a bomb, which is a nice move by Nissan.

A few nice things about Nissan here:
  1. When you go to their service station, you are attended to promptly. No pointless waiting anywhere.
  2. The service advisor, explained in detail; the jobs that would be done in the 1st service. Also asked me whether I wanted anything else to be done.
  3. As promised, he called me in the afternoon when the car was ready. He also gave me the total cost of the service on the phone.
  4. The car was thoroughly washed from outside, interiors were cleaned up nicely with no trace of dirt anywhere and they even polished the car tyres for me!
  5. When I went to pick up the car, the service advisor first explained to me what all was done, then took me to inspect the car. Only after that I was asked to sign the bill and the gate pass.
Small things these are, but matter a lot in the long run. Great way to go, Nissan!!
Old 6th February 2011, 14:44   #105
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan Micra initial review. EDIT: 3 years of happy ownership!

In these days of constant consumer complaints about terrible staff at dealerships and workshops,nice to hear about your pleasant experience.

I hope nissan maintains this standard of service and engaging with the customers,and they will surely win over a lot more buyers.

Last edited by avishar : 6th February 2011 at 14:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks