Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 20:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
W.A.G.7 , can you please tell me which is the car covered with blue plastic in the background ?
The C-pillar seems to suggest its a carcass of a Hillman Super Minx.
Wow, thats good spotting. I hadn't noticed it while photographing my car. I will check out and let you know this Saturday when I go to the location for more pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
First congratulations on the Micra.I must say the looks are slowly growing in me now.
Fantastic OHC.10,000 kms is about maybe a supercar would do during that time period.Impeccably maintained.

OT: Are you trian lover/spotter?(from the avatar and handle WAG7)
Thanks! OHC is owned by my parents actually. And yes, I am a huge fan of Indian Railways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Congrats WAG7 ,The Micar looks cute and your City Makes me GREEN !!

What was the earlier owner doing with the City ?? Just 10k kms ? thats a wonderful car man

BTW how is the suspension set up and driver side leg space in micar?
Thanks! Micra does indeed look cute in flesh. And the OHC is fresh from the showroom. The one and only owner is me!!! Actually the OHC belongs to my parents who are both doctors, so the car is very sparingly used and very well maintained with regular servicing.

Micra leg room, head room and shoulder room is great, on par with the Ritz which I think is the segment benchmark. The rear legroom is more than that in the Polo; even with the front seats fully extended at the back. Suspension is good enough, and I haven't noticed any bumps or a bouncy rear during these 3 weeks (In all these drives, I was travelling alone in the car, still to take my parents out for a long drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@WAG7,

The pictures do full justice to your choice. BTW the variant badge is not to be seen either at the rear or at the side. Is this common with the Micras?

Is it possible to get the rear wiper installed from the Nisaan After sales, are you planning for one.
Yes, I noticed it too. The variant badge is missing on all 3 variants with just the Micra badging at the rear. I don't know if the wiper can be installed at the rear, because I don't see any provision for it on the tailgate of the base model. Since the 1 month checkup is just round the corner on 28th Aug next week, I will ask the service guys about this. Also I am going to ask him whether it's possible to switch over to the rear seat from the middle variant, so stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
hello, congratulations for the micra, hope there should be more micrans on the team bhp, i suppose the real problem which the nisaan will feel in present time will be the service part, as i know that the newly lauched Polo has a service span of around one year or 15000 km, so travelling to different city for service once in a year wont be an issue, but here in micra it has to be taken care.
Thanks! Yes, as you said, if you don't have a Nissan dealership in your city then servicing could be an issue. But they have planned to increase their service network till the year end, so lets wait and watch. As of now, it doesn't seem that apart from regular servicing, any other maintenance will be required for the Micra

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 17th August 2010 at 20:59.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

can you give some more insights on the following points:
1. approx mileage which you are getting now
2. how is the service cycle
3. have you enquired about the A.S.S and spares cost, is it expensive enough

there is one link to show the difference of micra with others:

Little-Micra-in-big-competition,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 18th August 2010 at 09:29.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Micra: Mileage/A.S.S/Spares

Quote:
can you give some more insights on the following points:
1. approx mileage which you are getting now
2. how is the service cycle
3. have you enquired about the A.S.S and spares cost, is it expensive enough
  1. Mileage: In city driving, I am getting 11-12kmpl with A/C on continuously. I am yet to take it out on the highway so can't say about the highway mileage. It should hopefully improve by the time the car completes it's run-in period of 1600kms and the first 3 servicings.
  2. Service(s): Every 3 months or 5000kms whichever is earlier. My monthly driving will barely amount to 500-700kms a month, so in my case it will be quarterly atleast till the warranty period is there.
  3. A.S.S/Spares: Since Nissan dealer is already there in Pune, I don't have to worry for the time being about A.S.S. The other nearest dealer is in Mumbai which is around 4hrs from Pune, so I am sure I won't have a problem with that too. Regarding the cost of spares and services, I can tell you about it on 28th of this month when the car goes to the dealer for it's 1month / 1000kms checkup.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:25   #49
BHPian

Thats a decent mileage considering city driving with ac and also as you mentioned you are well within the run-in period.
Is the servicing interval every 3 months/5K kms for only 1st year or is it like this only. Sorry if you posted this information earlier, I may have missed it.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Thats a decent mileage considering city driving with ac and also as you mentioned you are well within the run-in period.
Is the servicing interval every 3 months/5K kms for only 1st year or is it like this only. Sorry if you posted this information earlier, I may have missed it.
Yep, thats pretty decent mileage considering I have covered only ~400kms till date.

The 1st 3 are free servicing(s) and the the next 3 (or 6?, i don't recollect) are paid ones. I think the 3m/5K kms service interval is for the first 2yrs or 40K kms. (considering that you really drive 5000kms every 3months, that comes to 20K kms a yr or 40K kms to 2yrs.)

I mean since the warranty is most probably for 2 yrs from the date of purchase, you need to follow the service schedule at least for 2 yrs. After that it depends on you.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Mileage: In city driving, I am getting 11-12kmpl with A/C on
i think the mileage will improve further, since i expected to be around 14 kmpl, micra looks to be a promising car if one has the service station in his area or nearby area, i think i should go in for a TD at my delhi visit before booking a swift dzire VXI or swift VDI
Old 19th August 2010, 21:48   #52

great mileage

I must say that is great mileage to have within the first 300-400 km. my friend owns a Ford Figo and he's still getting only 10kmpl even after crossing his first service of 1000km. Did you take the middle variant or the base?
I saw just two Micra's in Hyderabad, and both at night while I was riding my bike, so couldnt manage to get a close look at the car. How long was the waiting period? the dealer in Hyderabad mentioned a (cell) phone number on the website which is always switched off.
I am being torn 3 ways between the Figo, the Polo and the Micra, all top end models. Figo and Micra seem to have a better(faster) delivery time than the Polo, so that will count for something
Old 20th August 2010, 09:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwankenobi View Post
I am being torn 3 ways between the Figo, the Polo and the Micra, all top end models. Figo and Micra seem to have a better(faster) delivery time than the Polo, so that will count for something
IMHO, if you are planning between Polo, Figo and Micra,and you can budget and plan for top variant: Highline model in Polo, then nothing like it, Polo is best in the hatchback as a premium car,
i too hold a Fiesta, figo is good VFM, and Micra is a good but still in a nascent stage, but the Polo is a premium next generation car.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:22   #54
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, if you are planning between Polo, Figo and Micra,and you can budget and plan for top variant: Highline model in Polo, then nothing like it, Polo is best in the hatchback as a premium car,
i too hold a Fiesta, figo is good VFM, and Micra is a good but still in a nascent stage, but the Polo is a premium next generation car.
@ ruchirtnt: 3 of my colleagues were doing the same comparision and they ruled Polo out (from top of their list) because of the waiting period of 4+ months (in pune)
Old 20th August 2010, 11:43   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
@ ruchirtnt: 3 of my colleagues were doing the same comparision and they ruled Polo out (from top of their list) because of the waiting period of 4+ months (in pune)
I am having the same fear too. I may just rule out the Polo because of the long long long waiting period
Old 20th August 2010, 22:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I must say that is great mileage to have within the first 300-400 km. my friend owns a Ford Figo and he's still getting only 10kmpl even after crossing his first service of 1000km. Did you take the middle variant or the base?
Yes, the mileage is above average for a new car. Just a disclaimer here: what I am writing about the mileage is from the trip computer. Can someone point out the correct way of measuring the mileage?

I bought the base variant because middle and top were going beyond my budget of 5L.

Quote:
Figo and Micra seem to have a better(faster) delivery time than the Polo, so that will count for something
Agree completely. The 4 month waiting period for the Polo is a big dampener. If Polo didn't have a waiting period, I would have considered it in May itself. What's the problem for VW? Is it not possible to somehow increase production?
Old 20th August 2010, 23:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Yes, the mileage is above average for a new car. Just a disclaimer here: what I am writing about the mileage is from the trip computer. Can someone point out the correct way of measuring the mileage?

WAG7,

Do not trust the trip computer for the first few times. Once you know it is accurate enough, then you can trust it! Use the tankful method-
Whenever you fill gas, reset the tripmeter to 0 and get a tankful of petrol along with the top-up (fill to the brim).
Then , when you are going to fill the next time, fill up another tankful (upto brim including top-up). Say, your tripmeter reads 400 kms and the car took 40 litres of fuel for the 2nd refill, your avg FE is 400/40 = 10 kmpl. Hope it is clear.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Update: Service Intervals changed.

Thanks adimicra! I will use that method to calculate the F.E.

For all those waiting for an update on service intervals, I have some news. Today I called the service advisor at the workshop for fixing an appointment for the 1,000kms/1 month checkup. He told me that the 1month and 3 month(s) checkups have been cancelled. Instead the service intervals will now be every 6months/10,000kms whichever is earlier. This schedule will continue even after the expiry of the warranty which is for 2 years. That's nice news.

But now I am confused. All this conversation was on the phone. Since in the manual it's printed every 5,000kms/3 months, do I need to take it from him in writing about the change in service intervals? Will it affect my warranty in any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
W.A.G.7 , can you please tell me which is the car covered with blue plastic in the background ? The C-pillar seems to suggest its a carcass of a Hillman Super Minx.
I had a look around the place today, and the blue plastic covered carcass had vanished!! I enquired a bit here and there, but no-one seems to have a clue as to where it has gone. But you were right, it was indeed some carcass of a vintage car because one of the watchman told me "ek bahot puraani gaadi thi yahaan, pata nahi ab kahaan chali gayee!"

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 21st August 2010 at 15:24.
Old 21st August 2010, 17:23   #59

Update on service intervals

I would suggest that you drive by the dealer once again and confirm with him that whatever you heard on the phone was indeed correct and ask if they can give you that part in writing with someone signing. If you get that part, then there's atleast some proof. or maybe I am just being paranoid

On a side note, I finally went for the Nissan Micra test drive today and was impressed. There are a few short comings like the rear seat being seriously small for long distance travels, but since we dont do that often, I dont think it is a problem. I found the test drive to be a good experience and here are my observations:

a. The engine was very quiet in the idle position. With my foot taken off the accelerator.
b. The acceleration without AC seemed to be quite good and was kind of OK after the AC was switched on.
c. Steering felt good and it was in no way disconnected
d. The steering adjustment is not as nice as it could have been
e. The turning radius? (wow!) I could easily take a U-turn on a road with a lot of autos and bikes parked on the other side and then move away without annoying the traffic behind me, that was a good thing in my view.
f. AC is a real chiller.

Unfortunately, i was only able to TD the XL version since OD was taking pictures of the car (XV) for their mag and so I couldnt sample the keyless entry and automatic climate control and the other features. Boot space looked good. I think this is a good city car. May not be well suited for long drives, but definitely good for city driving IMHO.

The sales guy said the delivery period was 1 month, and since I am planning to book "a" car sometime around October, even if I get it by December, I would be happy. But there was another customer who booked a black Micra about 3 months ago and was saying that bookings are good, but deliveries were pathetic. dont know what to make of that. WAG7, how long did it take for your car to be delivered? I know this is probably city and dealer specific, but it could give me some idea.

Next week - I'll probably take my wife for the TD to get her assessment on the rear seat and AC and everything else in general.

--Deekshit
Old 22nd August 2010, 16:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Car deliveries are really becoming stretched all over the country and across a lot of models these days.Not because car makers dont have teh capacity to make them but auto components manufacturers are not being able to catch up with the car manufacturers demand.

@obiwankenobi Nice small review.Micra is really turning out be quite a good city car,with all the ingredients for ease of driving in the city.And also its pretty VFM,and looks very good in black.

Most Viewed