Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:52   #16
BANNED

GSMINC ,I was thinking that am one of those few guys who drives a lot(20k kms per year) till i met my cousin who has completed 35k kms in just 11 months (till date) in his swift VDI.Now My cousin has lost in this game.

Man 1L kms in swift? that too without major repairs? wonderful

I was thinking of selling my swift once it touches 50 or 60 k kms but now am confident after reading your post
Old 4th August 2010, 12:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
GSMINC ,I was thinking that am one of those few guys who drives a lot(20k kms per year) till i met my cousin who has completed 35k kms in just 11 months (till date) in his swift VDI.Now My cousin has lost in this game.
Man 1L kms in swift? that too without major repairs? wonderful
I was thinking of selling my swift once it touches 50 or 60 k kms but now am confident after reading your post
Dont worry, Your swift will last more than a lakh kms or even more, if taken care. Just treat a car like your family member & it will treat you like a God. Happy driving.
Old 4th August 2010, 13:53   #18
BHPian

the Car on the day of delivery
Old 4th August 2010, 22:07   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Dont worry, Your swift will last more than a lakh kms or even more, if taken care. Just treat a car like your family member & it will treat you like a God. Happy driving.
My advice to my friends is also similar "Take care of your CAR/Bike ,only then it will take care of you" I have noticed many times that people do not give the vehicles for service on time,leave on time they dont even bother about it and it breaks down one fine day.

How is the pick up after 1L kms (that wonderful turbo boost after 1800 Rpm)

Have you done any engine overhauling treatment till date? or just the service every 5K kms
Old 4th August 2010, 22:17   #20
SDP
Team-BHP Support

WHOA ! 1 L KMs, that too in India! Please accept my humble salute.
If there is a equivalent of the IBA (Iron Butt Association), you should be part of it!
Would be looking forward to lot of travel stories from you.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
WHOA ! 1 L KMs, that too in India! Please accept my humble salute.
If there is a equivalent of the IBA (Iron Butt Association), you should be part of it!
Would be looking forward to lot of travel stories from you.
I know quite a few guys who have done much more than that, even a few Tbhpians who are unsurpassed on that front.
Old 8th August 2010, 20:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

GSMINC, wonderful. 1lakh kms. way to go. i am always confident of the engine no second doubts about that one!! and oh yea, i am the bhpian who complained of rattles. you check my rattlesnake review before i sold it

does dzire too have these rattles?
Old 21st February 2011, 16:25   #23
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 1.3 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counting

Guys,
Just crossed 1.3 lakh kms on the car last week during a trip to Coastal Karnataka (covered a few temples & revisited a few good restaurants).
Still running on the original battery, clutch,
1st set of Michelins XM1+ still on & has around 5-10k kms of tread still left.
Happy with the car but rattles like mad, build quality is pathetic, I seriously doubt if this car can hold itself together for another 2.5 years (till the last EMI is paid)

Request to Mods: Please change the thread title to: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 1.3 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counting
Old 21st February 2011, 16:41   #24
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2 years, 1 lakh kms, 1000 temples, 21 states & counting

Awesome
Being a Dzire VDi owner, I am really happy to hear that the vehicle has been trouble free (Touch Wood).
BTW I am still surprised that you are running on the same set of tires for the past 1.3L Kms and the original clutch. Hats off !!
We know that the car has a gem of an engine. BTW how is the car holding up? Suspension, etc.? Kindly advise.
Old 24th February 2011, 10:59   #25
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2 years, 1 lakh kms, 1000 temples, 21 states & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
BTW I am still surprised that you are running on the same set of tires for the past 1.3L Kms and the original clutch. Hats off !!
We know that the car has a gem of an engine. BTW how is the car holding up? Suspension, etc.? Kindly advise.
I am myself suprised by the tyre's life, I'm quite sceptical of anybody claiming a tyre life above 50-60k kms, if anybody had claimed a tyre life of above 1 lakh kms I would have taken his words with a pinch of salt, better make it a bucket load of salt, but what can I say this michelins go on & on, I travel 90% on highways, my office & home are 2kms apart, so not much travelling in city.

As for the suspension, it is holding up, but I feel it is in the last stage of its life, hope to push another 20k kms & overhaul the suspension (replace both front struts. & rear springs & shock absorbers) when I cross 1.5 lakh kms.

The worst thing about this car is the poor brakes, the OE brakes are good for the Petrol version But woefully inadequate for the Diesel version, My cousin (a automobile engineer working for M&M) & myself are trying to fix this problem by putting a Maruti800/Alto/Zen's front Disc Brakes in place of Swift Rear drum brakes, he is convinced that this would solve the braking issue, let us see how it goes.

Apart from such minor niggles, the car is great, apart from the superb engine, what stands out is the sharp driving & handling characteristics, the precise steering is a joy especially on winding curves & the mileage gets a smile on our face everytime you fuel up
Old 25th February 2011, 14:32   #26
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 1.3 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counti

Wow...thats a lot of driving in 1 year. Having done 27k kms in about 17 months and i thought i was doing a lot of driving. Your website is pretty good as well.

cheers and many more miles of happy driving..!
Old 25th February 2011, 15:30   #27
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 1.3 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counti

That's a hell lot of driving man..

And couldnt just believe the Michelins stood for more than 1 lak, that too for a diesel car.My father used to change the accent CRDI's tyre every 30-40K.I think i need to seriously adapt your driving style.
Old 28th February 2011, 13:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
That's a hell lot of driving man..

And couldnt just believe the Michelins stood for more than 1 lak, that too for a diesel car.My father used to change the accent CRDI's tyre every 30-40K.I think i need to seriously adapt your driving style.
It's just that 90% of my driving is on the highways, & yes if somebody claimed tyre life of a lakh kms I would just laugh out loud from my posterior
Old 1st March 2011, 11:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
It's just that 90% of my driving is on the highways, & yes if somebody claimed tyre life of a lakh kms I would just laugh out loud from my posterior
oh dont...
i had these hankook blackbird vs on the swift and they did last an exact hundred thousand kilometers.
the clutch will last you well over 1.50 lacs easy. i changed the clutch plate/pressure plate assembly on mine at 1.68 lacs and it still had a couple of thousand kilometers left over.
rattles, well maruti always gives them to the customers for free so you cant complain on that front.
have a good time using the swift. nothing beats it when it comes to flat out runs.
drive safe and always wear a seat belt.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
oh dont...
i had these hankook blackbird vs on the swift and they did last an exact hundred thousand kilometers.
the clutch will last you well over 1.50 lacs easy. i changed the clutch plate/pressure plate assembly on mine at 1.68 lacs and it still had a couple of thousand kilometers left over.
rattles, well maruti always gives them to the customers for free so you cant complain on that front.
have a good time using the swift. nothing beats it when it comes to flat out runs.
drive safe and always wear a seat belt.
Ofcourse I now i believe that modern day tyres do last that long, As they say the proof of the pudding is in th eating & I have eaten it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks