Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 12:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 2 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counting

yaar, that is bhagwan level of driving man. 2L in 3.33 years and only ONE set of tyres - that too the soft michelins. Epic!

I would suggest the bridgestone turanza - i have the 185/70 and it is pretty good. much quieter than the JKs and very reassuring at high speeds. plus i bought them over michelins for the puncture protection only.
Old 4th December 2011, 16:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 2 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counting

That's a lot of driving GSMINC !

If possible please post a pic of those Michelins with the treads .
Old 4th October 2012, 14:52   #48
BHPian

The distance travelled coupled with the reliability of the car is amazing. Kudos.

Any plans to write about the 2000 temples :-)
Old 4th October 2012, 16:18   #49
BHPian

Good afternoon,

Just bumped into this thread half an hour ago and read it in one sitting. You are definitely an awsome guy man, by now you must have completed 3 lakh km. I am your complete opposite, just 800 km in 5 months! Please update with the recent status of your car. Supposedly if you were to buy a new one, would it be the new swift or some other car?
Old 4th October 2012, 16:36   #50
BHPian

It's a great achievement to run so much on indian road that too in short span of time. Hats off to you. michelin XM1+ ran 2l kms. unbelievable. I changed my stock JK tyres at 52k kms and changed to XM1+ and they lasted around 70k kms. Great going. Just a bit curious have you faced problems like fuel injector chocking/ turbo noise issue or power deminishing?
Old 4th October 2012, 17:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift VDI (2008)-2.5 years, 1.3 lakh kms, 2000 temples, 24 states & counti

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
The car just crossed 2.00 lakh kilometres, 3 years & 4 months old.
Still using the 1st set of Michelins (XM1+ 185/70R14), but I feel I can't flog them anymore, even though I have had just 2 punctures, & NO tyres bubbles, bulging, cuts etc.,
Do you by any chance own a hovercraft version of the Swift. How on earth did you manage to get the tyres to last over 200,000 km on our roads. I suppose good highways for the vast majority of tyre life helps, but still.

Impressive, that works out to about 5,000 km a month. What do you do that requires so much driving anyway.

Thanks for the tips on improving tyre life. Will follow them religiously, though miserable roads in Coorg do not help very much with tyre life.
Old 4th October 2012, 18:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
Good afternoon,

Just bumped into this thread half an hour ago and read it in one sitting. You are definitely an awsome guy man, by now you must have completed 3 lakh km. I am your complete opposite, just 800 km in 5 months! Please update with the recent status of your car. Supposedly if you were to buy a new one, would it be the new swift or some other car?
Thank you for your kind words,
Yes, the has has completed 3.15 lakh kilometers, it's running on its 2nd set of tyres (Michelins ofcourse), the NOT so nice guys at Michelin gave me 2 tyres free of cost after much haggling, Michelin tyres are great but the staff attitude is nothing to write home about, French arrogance I guess (with due respect to French t-bhpians)
As of now, no plans to buy a new car, the present one has a lot of juice left out, will think about it after the loan gets cleared in the next 6-9 months, but this car still excites me on long drives, not boring at all, But sometimes as they say 'familiarity breeds contempt", so Pete's should be great for this car, but I feel it costs a lot.
If I hit a jackpot overnight, then I might look at Chevy Cruze, Innova, even though not exactly my cup of tea since I travel usually alone or with 1 extra person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
It's a great achievement to run so much on indian road that too in short span of time. Hats off to you. michelin XM1+ ran 2l kms. unbelievable. I changed my stock JK tyres at 52k kms and changed to XM1+ and they lasted around 70k kms. Great going. Just a bit curious have you faced problems like fuel injector chocking/ turbo noise issue or power deminishing?
No injector problems or turbo noise as such, A good pump is the key for that But the car rattles like mad, no solutions for that I guess, I dont bother about nicks,dents,scratches or the need to maintain a spic & span sparkling car, but very prompt in service schedules, oil & other necessary fluid replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Do you by any chance own a hovercraft version of the Swift. How on earth did you manage to get the tyres to last over 200,000 km on our roads. I suppose good highways for the vast majority of tyre life helps, but still.

Impressive, that works out to about 5,000 km a month. What do you do that requires so much driving anyway.

Thanks for the tips on improving tyre life. Will follow them religiously, though miserable roads in Coorg do not help very much with tyre life.
It's just a very good car, anybody who loves driving can do these figures.

Follow the tyre rotation/alignment/balancing schedules without fail it would last a long time to come

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2012 at 12:45. Reason: You've been infracted before for marketing. Do NOT bring your website or the business details up on the forum
GSMINC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 12:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I suppose good highways for the vast majority of tyre life helps, but still.

Pganapathy seems GSMINC driving maximum on the highways since there are less chances of potholes and even friction of tyres are less. But still thats enormous driving.
Even i am going to follow the same technique as GSMINC used for tyre precaution. As in mumbai also road conditions are very bad especially in rainy season. So doubt we could achieve half of the life which GSMINC got for his tyres.

Quote:

No injector problems or turbo noise as such, A good pump is the key for that But the car rattles like mad, no solutions for that I guess, I dont bother about nicks,dents,scratches or the need to maintain a spic & span sparkling car, but very prompt in service schedules, oil & other necessary fluid replacements

It's just a very good car, anybody who loves driving can do these figures.
I run a online temple pooja website called epooja which required me to travel across India for networking temples, Now I provide bulk temple pooja services to politicians/celebrities on important days of their lives like birthdays/election days etc. Last June we did bulk poojs for 14 candidates of YSR party during Andhra By-election, will be busy in Gujarat next NOV/DEC, A famous airline/tonic baron, an ex-CM of Maharashtra, an opposition leader of Andhra, two coalgate beneficiaries are my clients.
Follow the tyre rotation/alignment/balancing schedules without fail it would last a long time to come
you are very lucky indeed that your all things are falling in place. You must contact MARUTI for your fantastic achievement. Will try to maintain the schedule of tyres as u suggested. Great things. Keep us posted about the car performance. Will love to hear. Now i am sure even my car also can stretch upto 3L kms.
Old 5th October 2012, 13:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
gave it a shot, & oh boy, it hit the bulls eye, got the brake booster replaced, you can read about it here, post no:144
Quote:
yes, will give it a shot,

As for the Odo reading, if the service advisor is a pal of yours, anything within reasonable limits is possible
And if push comes to shove changing Odo readings are no big deal, costs you 300-500 bucks & hardly takes 5-10 minutes.
Quote:
I had read this thread earlier, but I doubt maruti do the needful under warranty on a 2.5 year old car which under extended warranty(not the initial 2 year warranty), even though as per the car's service records the car has just run for 45k kms, hence this attempt at a DIY

Quote:
got the Brake booster replaced, part No:51000M75J11, its a Bosch make by the way,
wrote a mail to maruti, next day got a call from the Sagar Auto, bangalore Service manager, took the car out for a test drive with him, he didn't seem to find any fault with the existing brakes & told me so, I just gave him a cold silent hard stare (implying that I dont suffer fools) & he just stammered that he will replace it. The whole job took 2 hours.
The surprising thing was I was neither charged for brake fluid/clutch fluid nor for AC gas charging, they even changed my ciggie lighter which was not a OE fittment free of cost. He even offered me a free car wash, which I declined, he literally begged me to write a mail to Maruti saying that I was very happy with Sagar Auto.
Overall a pleasant experience with Maruti.
So All you guys who are having problems, sit on Maruti's neck & they do the needful.
Going through this thread, I feel Only Mandovi bangalore is refusing to acknowledge the issue
You fleeced maruti by wrongly showing odo reading and also bullied them using email and are bragging about how they begged you for writing that email. You actually exploited the poor chap who might be fearing for his job and are so happy about it!

I don't know how one should react to your practice and achievement!

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 5th October 2012 at 13:17.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 15:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
You fleeced maruti by wrongly showing odo reading and also bullied them using email and are bragging about how they begged you for writing that email. You actually exploited the poor chap who might be fearing for his job and are so happy about it!
I don't know how one should react to your practice and achievement!
I did not have any intention of fleecing anybody, if my thread helps a few more swift owners to get their brake problem rectified well & good, my conscience is clear.
It was maruti mistake of not providing good brakes for a powerful car like Swift diesel, They simply carried over the brakes from the petrol version in the name of cost cutting.
They dont even acknowledge the brake problem & browbeat the customer into submission, lot of t-bhpians have complained about it. They later developed a better brake booster & instead of recalling the faulty cars, they silently replace it to customers who raise a hue & cry. Is that an ethical practice
Read more about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...gn-maruti.html
The problem is much worse in the latest swift LDi & VDi versions.
Read more about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ake-issue.html
& believe me Maruti is obsessed with cost cutting, For example, Maruti does not provide low fuel warning light even though it is available in the UK version & even in the Indian version, you can see the warning light symbol, but they have conveniently disabled that function.
Maruti makes good cars & Swift is very good, But Maruti is fleecing people just because Swift is a bestseller & has waiting period from the launch date till today
GSMINC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 16:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Sir can we have the pictures of the car after covering such a high figure on the ODO? This would be the first time I would be seeing a swift with such a high ODO figure. Please upload some pictures of the car.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 17:33   #57
BHPian

GSMINC even i want to see the pictures of the car, how it looks after such high ODO. This will be my first time i am looking such figures in any swift. If you could also post the pictures under bonnet will be good.
Achilless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 10:05   #58

@GSMINC
Hats off to you Sir, 3Lakh Kilometers thats lots of distance covered. Best of luck!!! Keep the counter ticking.
heartonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 14:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words,
Yes, the has has completed 3.15 lakh kilometers, it's running on its 2nd set of tyres (Michelins ofcourse),
Wow !

Is the car still with you? Wonder what the ODO reads now !
Any snaps of the tyres when you changed them?
How long did the second set of Michelins last?
Any particular driving style you adhere to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks