Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 13:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

beautiful car and a great color. you the first word that came to my mind after seeing the pics. org color > garage > red color. "TRANSFORMER"

enjoy your car. do post detailed intrior pics soon.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:25   #17
BHPian

what else can one ask for then, simply looks the part in Red

all the very best and congratulations once again
Old 6th August 2010, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2010 at 10:57.
subscrive is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th August 2010, 14:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. The GTX looks fantastic in this shade. I have the 'flame red' (maroon). Need to get it resprayed. How would you rate the quality at your garage? Because Tata is charging no less than Rs 38K to respray the same colour.

Drifter
Old 6th August 2010, 14:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Congratulations. The GTX looks fantastic in this shade. I have the 'flame red' (maroon). Need to get it resprayed. How would you rate the quality at your garage? Because Tata is charging no less than Rs 38K to respray the same colour.

Drifter
@drifter: The charges at my garage were about 22k for the painting and another 3-4k for fitting-refitting, rewiring etc.

This could change depending on the paint that you use. Mine is DuPont refinish. I paid extra for a more expensive variety of primer which was suggested since I was switching from metalllic to a non metallic paint. (I don't have much details and or knowledge about this. All I know is that it was some 2k primer). In addition, I also got a clear coat done.

PM me if you like to have the details of the workshop. Its in Powai.

I had also enquired at Andrade's garage at Worli and he quoted 28k for the job. you can look up his contact details in the Mumbai directory in this site.
Old 14th August 2010, 20:53   #21
BHPian

Congrats on a really nice car.

One of the weak points of the GTX are the brakes. So, make sure that the brake fluid is completely flushed out with DOT 4 fluid. Have the front rotors turned on a lathe, as well as the rear drums. Make sure that you get the high quality front brake pads (I think they are the Lancia version). Also make sure you have the front brake pistons and pins inspected for sticking/corrosion. Once these items are done, the brakes are adequate (with good performance tires).

Other thing that I would recommend is to change the timing belt.

I have sort of a love/hate relation with my GTX, I just hate all the trips to the dealer for repairs (minor electrical issues), but just love the performance when the the throttle is wide open between 4000 rpm to redline . I have Automech headers and exhaust + K&N replacement filter, and the exhaust is LOUD!
Old 15th August 2010, 00:13   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

hey...thats a cool [hot] looking car there! one suggestion from my side would be to get some polishing done for the alloys. Thats an awesome looking alloy, but struggling to keep up with the looks [paint] of the car now.

Please do something about it and no one would have a doubt its a new car! CONGRATS on this acquisition.

And yeah, we all are looking for a long term ownership report too.

Wish you years and miles of happy and safe motoring.
Old 15th August 2010, 01:15   #23
BHPian

Congratulations! The Colorado Red just looks stunning! Have you put NGK iridium spark plugs or just the regular ones? I had got Bosch iridiums for my GTX Tornado and there was a noticeable increase in performance + I got a surprising 15 km/ltr on my trip from Mumbai to Delhi.
Also how long was the procedure to get the color change endorsed in your RC book and the money involved?
Was am planning on getting my 8 year old GTX Tornando re-painted from forest dew to black/pearl white.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate ... That was nice job done. In around 1.5 L you are having great fun. GTO will be happy seeing your job as he is also in favor of the pre-worshiped cars.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:59   #25
BHPian

The Palio has turned out fab.
Looks fresh like a brand new one and a great choice of colour.
Seeing your car, I curse myself for having parted ways with the one had. My Palio was a 1.2 ELX, though with a nice Free flow exhaust and a performance air filter.
Old 16th August 2010, 21:17   #26
BHPian

Awesome car! The paintjob is superb to say the least. You should have taken a before and after sort of photograph from the same angle, like they do in Pimp my ride, Wheeler dealer etc.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:49   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

The 1.6 is a dream car to own and drive. The passion shows from the work done on the car.

Congrats and enjoy the drive.
Old 17th August 2010, 23:36   #28
BHPian

one of the best paint job i have seen!hw much she is drinking??
Old 18th August 2010, 00:06   #29
BHPian

Simply Wow. 1.6 with just 29k on the clock for 90K is a steal, hope bangalore guys are hearing this.
Does Wasan Motors have a service centre in Worli ? Where ?
The colour looks superb. I presume you work in the same area. its difficult to find a good paint shop in Mumbai. Unless there are ones like AM motors, Kaar Nexus, etc.
Let me know would want to see your vehicle.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:39   #30
BHPian

@ RedMM340 - Mechanic confirmed that the rear brakes were ok and the front pads needed a change. He also mentioned some machining which was done on the discs. I'm, for the love of god, assuming that the brake pads were original. Will keep your advice in mind the next time. For now, the brakes seem adequate but not good. Luckily, they aren't spongy. The brake oil was flushed out and fresh oil was added.

@Swift N Furious - The pics that are posted was taken after a drive through the Mumbai- Pune Expressway. Although the car received a wash, the wheels didnt. Thats why they seem a bit faded. But they are in very good condition.

@chetanya sharma - thanks. The plugs are the regular variety NGK. Nothing fancy. I'm not convinced that just using iridium spark plugs make any perceivable difference. I have used iridium plugs in my bike (Pulsar DTSi 180) and it made no difference whatsoever. And the procedure for change of colour is mentioned in one of my posts in this thread itself. To avoid spamming, I resist the urge to repost again.

@ Aniketi, Jeeva, Nkrishnap & Sinner666 - thanks!!

@ Pro Circuit 234 - She is giving me about 8-9 in the city (after compensating for the 10% odo error, which is apparent if you compare the the distance reading on the GPS and the Odo. This is the pre-NV version)

@ Kavesh55 - Wasan Motors has a service center off Moses Road in Worli. I used to stay in Powai and that's how I am familiar with the Workshop there. I work at Marine Lines, and stay at Dockyard Road. You are welcome if you'd like to check the car out.

Oh and btw, there was a small mishap yday. I reversed into a cab and there was a sizeable dent in the hatch door. There was a traffic jam and I was preparing to reverse the car as and when needed and I looked behind abt 10 seconds before I reversed. But by the time I actually had to reverse, a cab had come up behind me (it was a long stretch of empty road and the jam was caused by an errant container truck ahead) and I banged into it. Was quite heartbroken to see the dent. After doing some research, I was preparing myself to source some dry ice as a dent repair technique when I thought of trying the suction method. I used my nokia phone holder (akin to a GPS holder which sticks on to the windshield) on the dent, locked it in place and pulled it out. The metal popped back in place!! but the slight deformation at the point of contact still remains and thus the GTX has got itself a fresh battle scar within a month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks