Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 13:41   #1
BHPian

Lancer Cedia Sports EDIT: 9 years, 154,000 km up!

Hello Everyone: Team-BHP help me decide my new car, last January 2010. I was initially owning Maruti - Baleno and wanted to change/upgrade, as I had clocked more than 120,000 kms in four years. I had evaluated various cars including Honda - City, Civic, Toyota - Corolla, Innova until I hit upon Team-BHP; the reviews about Cedia sports really excited me that drove me to the only dealer in Bangalore, Southern Motors. The Manager over there was curious to know from me on how did I arrive at the decision to buy Cedia sports and I proudly mentioned team-bhp's user reviews.

The test drive was good and fell in Love with the car, at the first drive. Although, all these happened during December 2009, I waited until almost until the end of January 2010 to take delivery that had the stamp of 2010 model on it.

This is my third car in ten years, each changed after driving for about 100,000 kms, hence, I looked at certain enhanced features at the same time did not want to block the capital for fancy brands thus, the decision on Cedia Sports.

In the last 7 months, I have registered 15,000 kms and I must say, it is a sheer pleasure driving this vehicle at high speeds especially 130 Kms +. The highest speed that I could touch was 150 KMPH and I could not feel the speed, as the drive was really smooth.

The best features of the car are

a) Good ground clearance especially, in Bangalore where there are numerous humps which used to be major irritant, driving baleno. Even on uneven village roads, the Cedia behaved very good.

b) Very efficient Auto climatic control system

c) Great Driving comfort

d) Good Braking System

e) Good Fuel Efficiency despite high capacity engine. (10.5 kms in Bangalore traffic conditions with AC and 13.5 - 14 Kms on highways)

f) I opted the RED colour and that has attracted attention wherever the car was taken.

g) The GPS system in the car is amazing and I tried it in remote corners of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and it is 90% accurate. The problem is the street addresses etc., which are not accurately mapped; it is do with our unstructured address system in India.)

h) Almost all of the high-end features that one normally finds in Honda - Accord is present in CEDIA SPORTS except cruize control. I presume it is intentional as it is sports car.

i) The engine capacity is amazing, especially on clear roads, as I once matched speed-to-speed with a BMW driving on NH 7.

J) "Touch Wood", so far, no complaints on the Car's performance or it has let me down.

k) The service is good, as the dealers have fewer cars to service, one gets better attention. There is another service dealer in Bommanahalli, SVR Motors, who is also equally good, having serviced the car twice, thus far.

What is lacking?

a) In the highway, the pick-up after slow down is bad. One has to change gears sometimes even to 3rd in order to get back to the previous speed quickly. I normally tend to change gears less which irritates me.

b) The windscreen and the rear screens go all the way to the roof that allows sunlight penetrating like crazy.

c) Being a sports car, changing gears is tough, it appears to be rigid

d) The horn switch is somewhat inconveniently positioned being a MOMO steering.

e) The IPOD adaptor does not work; the service guys could not determine the problem and it is persisting.

I feel excited when I come across CEDIA SPORTS on the road and TEAM-BHP played a major influencing factor in my decision.

rgds

Prabhakaran
karanp23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2010, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Cedizen's club Prabhakaran, Not an iota different experience from all we Cedizens here on Team-bhp.
Inconvenient position of horn switch and slow pickup on highways after slow-down were 'downs' for me too on Cedia.
I recently did Ooty up and down and the car just doesn't even take one extra breathe to scale the heights. It always has more power to offer. I did 705 kms in 1 full tank, with just vapor to reach the nearest gas station.
Enjoy the machine and safe driving.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:27   #3
BHPian

one simple question.is it better highway car than baleno?how abt high speed manners,comfort,power as compared to baleno?
Old 18th August 2010, 23:36   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
one simple question.is it better highway car than baleno?how abt high speed manners,comfort,power as compared to baleno?
You are comparing a C segment with a C+ segment car.

Cedia Sports is way ahead of a Baleno on highways and is much better in terms of handling and overall performance.
Old 19th August 2010, 00:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Cedia Sports is way ahead of a Baleno on highways and is much better in terms of handling and overall performance.
yes may be.but i dont find corolla much better drivers car as compared to baleno even though its c+ segment car.
Old 20th August 2010, 02:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

See the Autocar India road test of the Baleno to compare it with the Lancer (Cedia predecessor) / Astra / City etc on multiple parameters. note that the high speed stability is second only to Astra that had an anaemic engine. Home Page ROAD TEST OF MARUTI BALENO

Last edited by Buffetfan : 20th August 2010 at 02:37.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:55   #7
BHPian

I have now since completed 21000 kms and enjoying every bit of the ride. The blue tooth interface for the cell phone does seem to malfunction while the front doors also seem to rattle a bit. SVR motors, Bangalore doesn't seem to have a clue to fix although left the vehicle on two occasions for the same complaint.

rgds

Prabhakaran

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th October 2010 at 18:48. Reason: quoted text removed.
Old 27th October 2010, 08:17   #8
BHPian

Hi how bad is the rattle?is it that bad to the point of annoying?also are cedias known to rattle after hard use?

Guess the major irritant you are facing is with the audio system!!
Old 27th October 2010, 14:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

I would say Yes, Cedias are known for rattles after hard / rough use. I rough up my car every year after monsoon all over Chennai and its suburbs over all the pot holes. Rattling crops up, especially from the rear and from under the hood left side. And yes, it gets into your nerves if you are prone to concentrating any slight 'abnormal' sound in your car. I take it to the dealer Maya motors and ask them to tighten up all the loose things in the car. They do and the car becomes totally silent again. This is every year thing I do. It also has to do the capability of the car to take on roughing up, I tend to just run over bumps / manholes and pot holes, without reducing speed.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 27th October 2010 at 14:39.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I tend to just run over bumps / manholes and pot holes, without reducing speed.
Exactly my style of driving!!and the reason why this is a concern for me!!

Good you have a good service centre which takes care of all problems whne you give them!!if such good service personnel are there then there is no need to worry!!
Old 28th October 2010, 09:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Oh Yes, they are just great and all Chennai Cedizens would second my opinion for sure. During my recent 3 year service last month they also did de-carbonization of the engine and changed all oils, greased all suspensions and the car runs so smooth and silent now. As this car has mult-link suspension on the rear, the links need lubrication and tightness check every year. Like any machine, good maintenance = better durability.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:43   #12
BHPian

re: Lancer Cedia Sports EDIT: 9 years, 154,000 km up!

I completed now 30,000 kms in one full-year of driving cedia. Amazing experience, i must say on the driving front. I have not faced any problem on the audio that came as a OEM from Kenwood. I have not updated the navigation software (mapmyindia), not sure whether that has to be done, every year. The rattling continues but it is a minor irritant
Old 17th February 2011, 18:04   #13
BANNED

@karan- great to hear that you are enjoying your car. Get the rattling fixedfrom a local mechanic or try damping the doors, it seems like a legit solution.
It would be great if you posted some pictures dont you think?
cheers.
Old 17th February 2011, 21:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karan.

I didn't read your ownership report completely as it looks plain boring without any pics.If you have some pictures, share with us.

Happy mile crunching.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2013, 10:08   #15
BHPian

I have now completed 69000 kms in about 38 months of ownership of this car(March 2013). The vehicle is still good and I enjoy the drive. Unfortunately, the service and support from HM is a big disappointment and let down atleast in Bangalore. Not sure about the experience(s) of other owners in or out of Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks