Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 06:35   #76
BHPian

re: Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 163,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikeya.bisen View Post
Thanks a lot dev-gun. This was of great help. Now i at least know the tyres i'm buying. Though i'm going to pester you a little more, how much did this cost you? both the tyres and the rims?
I had a 2010 Dec, bridgestone 13'' for the spare wheel. It must have been used for not more than 100kms, so planned to keep the spare wheel as 13'' with the stock Baleno rim. Checked with the dealer and 2 local tyre shops, they said running for 100 or 200 kms with one 13'' and three 14'' will not be a problem.

Got all 4 rims (Swift 14'' Vxi) and tyres changed. The tyre's cost was 4350/- each. I usually buy almost everything for my cars from Reliance Autozone (Gurgaon). As i am a regular customer he charged me just 400/- for the exchange of (almost) new rims including balancing.

Dont think much, just for Michellins they are the best. I have them on my Wagon R as well, they have done almost 19k kms the tread looks like new.

Like i said. ''You won't regret'' !!

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2011 at 09:46. Reason: Dotty post, please use proper punctuation instead of typing like this.... Thanks.
Dev-Gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 16:23   #77

Sorry for the delayed response dev-gun. However, i just wanted to thank you again for your help and assistance. I just had another doubt regarding my baleno, there is a significant noise coming from the front right tyre whenever i go over any bump or depression on the road. i don't know whether its the wheel cap which maybe loose or if its something with the tyre? I have noticed baleno owners on team bhp have spoken about this issue, so i wanted to know if you have ever faced such a problem with your car?
Old 20th December 2011, 16:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikeya.bisen View Post
Sorry for the delayed response dev-gun. However, i just wanted to thank you again for your help and assistance.
=============
I have noticed baleno owners on team bhp have spoken about this issue, so i wanted to know if you have ever faced such a problem with your car?
I hope by now you must have got it checked by a mechanic outside or at MASS, if not please get it checked ASAP. It could be anything from suspension to a wheel cap or ball joints.
Old 20th December 2011, 22:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Check out the shocker and/or the tie rod ends as well.
Old 23rd December 2011, 03:07   #80
BHPian

Congrats all Baleno Owners.. I have a 2001 Baleno on the radar for a steal, as the owner is doing a distress sell. I will check the car over the weekend. Before that I have 2 questions, hope the Baleno gurus can help.

Is it worth buying a Baleno which has been used for 53000 KMS, which i intend to use for next 1 year.
What are potential problems I need to look for in the car?
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Is it worth buying a Baleno which has been used for 53000 KMS, which i intend to use for next 1 year.
Yes its worth if the car is in good condition and you are getting it for cheap! Expect big bills if things go wrong! I picked up a 55k km car last year and although ive had to change a lotta rubber parts and 2 gearbox overhauls(due to over-tightening of internal bolts) in the last year, im extremely happy with the car.

Cheers!
Old 26th December 2011, 22:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

Its fine go ahead. The only works that you might end up doing in near future and they are expensive would be the ones related to the suspension and probably the clutch. Apart from that enjoy your car.
Old 28th December 2011, 02:20   #83
BHPian

Thank you James & wanderernomad, I have an appointment for tomorrow and cant just wait. hope the car is in as good condition as the pics promise
Old 28th December 2011, 07:19   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
1. A slight khat sound from front side when driven over broken patches. Maybe the rubber bushes need replacement?
3. The car doesnot rev more than about 2500 rpm under normal acceleration! Is it normal?
4. I still feel the engine feels laboured while accelerating. Can someone from the bhp who has extensive experience on a Baleno while passing through test drive it and put my fears at rest?
Congrats on the fabulous purchase.
1. The khat sound may also be because of the axles. My esteem is giving me the same sound on potholes and sharp turns. Have showed it to a mechanic + Maruti A.s.s. who were unable to diagnose the problem. In case you find a solution. Please let me know too.
2. This is not normal. My esteem freely revs till 4k under hard acceleration. Under normal, a 3k is fine. Probably it is with how the car has been kept and run in.
4. Again, in case you don't find a baleno guy, Im here

Looking forward to a long distance trip report.

Cheers,
Tapish
Old 28th December 2011, 15:32   #85
Senior - BHPian

Haha Tapish would ahve loved to take you on your offer but that was written many moons ago.
That khat sound was resolved by replacing tie rod ends.
Now it revs happily thanks to a lot of midnight free spirited runs.
Am happy now.

I generally do long distances in my Indigo Marina but the Baleno is hoot to drive.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:41   #86
Senior - BHPian

On 20th December 2011, I changed my Exide battery to Amaron and today the car wont start. The Battery is completely dead!! The car was idle for 2 days and today it wont start. Not even pushing down an incline could make it start. Checked nothing was left on by mistake that could have drained the battery, but yes about a week back the engine bay was washed with water. But the car was driven after the wash with no apparent problems. What could be the issue here? Right now the battery has been given for charging, lets see otherwise will get it replaced.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:47   #87
Senior - BHPian

Was any of the doors not closed properly ? If yes, the boot-light would be on and drain the battery to death. Even if the cabin light switch is set to always-off, this does not apply to the boot-light. Funny as it sounds, but the way the wiring in Baleno is, the boot-light goes on even when boot is closed, but any door is not fully closed. Happened to me couple of times and for the hell of me, I could not figure why the boot-light should come on when cabin door is opened.

If this is the case, you have two options :
1) Set cabin-light switch to "On if door open". This way if any door is not closed properly, the cabin light will come on (which means boot-light is also on) and you can close door properly.

2) Remove the bulb from boot-lamp.

While 2 is not a good solution, it is what I have done in my car because I prefer keeping cabin-switch in always off situation. And also because when I clean my car, I keep all doors open for some time, which means bootlight remains on and gets heated.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 16:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

That could be a reason. Lets see I ahve the battery charged and put in. Lets see if its the boot light or something else. BTW I ahve removed the fog lights but the wires still remain. Though I think I have taped them up but if a naked wire was touching a body part, would it drain the battery as well?
Old 10th January 2012, 16:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
naked wire was touching a body part, would it drain the battery as well?
Affermative, it drains the battery power to the earth . Do check door switches the ones that are responsible to turn off the roof light when you close the door. In my Baleno on one of the doors the rubber cover of the switch came off. Overnight the battery was down and had to get it jump started.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 17:32   #90
Senior - BHPian

Last Wednesday sent the car for the 60,000 service to the local Chittosho Motors at Mohali. The SA recommended a clutch overhaul too Gave the go ahead and they promised delivery at around 1700 hrs. Estimate was around 5K for the service and about 4.5K for the clutch work. Then while expecting a call to pick up the car my Driver called to inform that the service centre test driver has banged the car while on the road test. Ran to the site and found that the test driver has banged the left side on to the left pane lof a stationary swift. Here are the pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 275,000 km!-img01686201207251737.jpg  

Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 275,000 km!-img01688201207251749.jpg  

Suzuki Baleno it is! EDIT : Now beyond 275,000 km!-img01689201207251749.jpg  

Most Viewed